IGNORED

Bates 27: I Want My Bates TV

Georgiana

3 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Just some random thinking but do you think the Bates and Duggar girls (or fundies in general) try to plan their wedding around ovulation in order to increase the chance they get pregnant sooner? We know you’re most fertile one week each month, it just amazes me how frequently these fundies get pregnant on their honeymoon.

I know we will never actually have an answer to this just random musing.

I do think that a honeymoon baby is the Holy Grail for a Fundie newlywed couple. Since they, as a whole, tend to have a shorter engagement period than many non-fundies, they can make a better prediction of when their fertile time will be. Plus, many non-fundies are using birth control of some sort because they want to adjust to being married before they have a child.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Just some random thinking but do you think the Bates and Duggar girls (or fundies in general) try to plan their wedding around ovulation in order to increase the chance they get pregnant sooner? We know you’re most fertile one week each month, it just amazes me how frequently these fundies get pregnant on their honeymoon.

I know we will never actually have an answer to this just random musing.

They marry SO young (both groom and bride) that honeymoon babies are not a surprise. 

I don't think you can organise a wedding to be held just when you ovulate, unless you organise it in a very short time, because in a few months, cycles may change a bit. And even if you try, stress affects cycles, and who is not stressed organising a wedding?

• Upvote 9

If I was not on birth control, had a predictable cycle and would plan my wedding only a few months in advance I would at leas try to plan it when I do not expect my period. Periods and white dresses do not go well together and a wedding night could also be ruined by it, especially when it is supposed to be your first time alone with your man.This seems more likely than calculate around ovulation.

And naturally, the weeks that you are least likely to have your period are the ones you are most fertile.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 10

I feel like I had very little choice on when I could get married. Thanks to people booking places a year in advance! I am always pretty amazed when fundies can throw a wedding together in a matter of three months. Then again, their weddings aren’t usually fancy or in a place that would be booked a year in advance. 

• Upvote 7

It just depends on what kind of wedding you want.  I planned my wedding in 4 months, and we got married in high wedding season, but it was very small and pretty informal.  We got engaged over a year before getting married, but spending a year planning a wedding is my worst nightmare. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel like I had very little choice on when I could get married. Thanks to people booking places a year in advance! I am always pretty amazed when fundies can throw a wedding together in a matter of three months. Then again, their weddings aren’t usually fancy or in a place that would be booked a year in advance. 

I am now in the process of planning my wedding but I got also stressed out from the venue booking.

I keep on being surprised of people planning their wedding over a year in advance. I would love to have a short engagement but I want a nice venue and a proper dress so we will get married only in May. We got engaged in April but only really started planning in July.

When I was at a dress shop last Friday there was another girl shopping for next year October! And this was a shop where you buy of the rack. I am already worried I will not like my dress anymore in 8 months. Let alone in more than a year!

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 5

52 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I am now in the process of planning my wedding but I got also stressed out from the venue booking.

I keep on being surprised of people planning their wedding over a year in advance. I would love to have a short engagement but I want a nice venue and a proper dress so we will get married only in May. We got engaged in April but only really started planning in July.

When I was at a dress shop last Friday there was another girl shopping for next year October! And this was a shop where you buy of the rack. I am already worried I will not like my dress anymore in 8 months. Let alone in more than a year!

I’ve been engaged a while and I’ve definitely been one of those people planning way in advance. We’re getting married October next year and booked the venue in April and I got my dress in June. The dress wasn’t intentional, but I went to look at dresses to see what I liked and then fell in love with a dress. We’ve also got catering and photography booked. I have bad anxiety and a stressful job so it helps keep me calm by having everything planned really early. I also live in a wedding destination so some places are booked a year or two in advance!

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I’ve been engaged a while and I’ve definitely been one of those people planning way in advance. We’re getting married October next year and booked the venue in April and I got my dress in June. The dress wasn’t intentional, but I went to look at dresses to see what I liked and then fell in love with a dress. We’ve also got catering and photography booked. I have bad anxiety and a stressful job so it helps keep me calm by having everything planned really early. I also live in a wedding destination so some places are booked a year or two in advance!

Oh wow!

I could not do that, now that I booked the venue and bought my dress I feel like it is taking forever before May. 

We still have to book everything else though ?

• Upvote 2

Just now, CarrotCake said:

I could not do that, now that I booked the venue and bought my dress I feel like it is taking forever before May.

Oh I completely understand this feeling! I have several friends who got engaged after me that either have already gotten married or will be married before I will next year and now that everything is booked, I still feel like next October is so far away!

• Upvote 2

I did actually buy my dress over a year before my wedding and about a month before even getting engaged.  But I knew we were heading in that direction and I saw the perfect dress in a shop window and just went in and bought it.  I didn't tell my husband about it until much later, though. ?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Yes, it’s annoying because people who book a year in advance force others to book a year in advance. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I guess it just depends on the type of wedding. Your kind of wedding is probably a big formal wedding so yeah, you need a ton of time to book the venue, get the wedding dress, etc. 

I've only been engaged for a month and we're planning to get married in January because it's summer here and I've always wanted to get married in the summer BUT we're doing a courthouse wedding and then a cocktail party on a hotel rooftop with our close family and friends. Nothing too fancy or difficult to plan, we already booked the perfect venue (the hotel offers catering, music and bar options), we also have the decor and invitations... The only thing missing is my dress that I don't know what to wear, I know I don't want a traditional white gown just a flowy elegant summer dress. (I'd accept any suggestion y'all, lol). 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Your kind of wedding is probably a big formal wedding so yeah, you need a ton of time to book the venue, get the wedding dress, etc. 

It’s actually going to be a really laid back outdoor wedding. Our problem has been the area we live in. It’s been listed as the #1 wedding destination in the country so we’re competing with not only locals who want to get married in their hometown, but also people who aren’t from here who are already dishing out a lot of money to have their wedding in a nice destination. I have a coworker who is getting married two hours away where her parents live because a venue there is a third the price of one here. Our budget is teeny so booking early has saved us money because we have had time to do a lot of research and get the most bang for our buck. 

Also, your wedding sounds like so much fun! I wanted to do something similar, but my family threw a fit and I just didn’t want to argue. Depending on your style, I saw lots of pretty flowy dresses when I shopped that would be perfect for summer! 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

It’s actually going to be a really laid back outdoor wedding. Our problem has been the area we live in. It’s been listed as the #1 wedding destination in the country so we’re competing with not only locals who want to get married in their hometown, but also people who aren’t from here who are already dishing out a lot of money to have their wedding in a nice destination. I have a coworker who is getting married two hours away where her parents live because a venue there is a third the price of one here. Our budget is teeny so booking early has saved us money because we have had time to do a lot of research and get the most bang for our buck. 

Also, your wedding sounds like so much fun! I wanted to do something similar, but my family threw a fit and I just didn’t want to argue. Depending on your style, I saw lots of pretty flowy dresses when I shopped that would be perfect for summer! 

Your wedding sounds pretty fun too! I love outdoor weddings. I understand, some places are very difficult to plan a wedding, that's why lots of people plan their weddings in advance. Here it's difficult if you plan a church wedding and a big reception.

My in-laws wanted a Catholic ceremony for us but we're both more stubborn than everyone in our families so they had to deal with that, it's our day not theirs. We're both non religious and want to keep it that way.

About the dress I have a few ideas but I want to try different styles and see what looks better on me, I'm not that picky about this. My dude isn't either and he just went one evening and got himself a cute modern tuxedo.

• Upvote 5

We got engaged in early January and married at the end of May. We were on a strict tmeline because Mr. O was moving abroad.  We didn't really have any issues finding a venue, but then again we didn't have our reception (ceremony was at the registry office) at a super typical wedding venue. We chose a super cool industrial loft with a rooftop terrace overlooking our neighborhood in Berlin. It was very much "us." While it was a little stressful to get all the wedding planning done in 4 1/2 months, I'm honestly glad it wasn't longer. I feel like that would have just made the stressful period last longer, rather than making it less stressful. YMMV.

3 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

The only thing missing is my dress that I don't know what to wear, I know I don't want a traditional white gown just a flowy elegant summer dress. (I'd accept any suggestion y'all, lol).  

Have you looked at bridesmaid dresses? I also didn't want a traditional white gown, but still wanted something "wedding-y". BHLDN had a ton of stunning bridesmaids dresses to choose from. I never once regretted my choice! :)

Picture of me in my dress if you'd like to see (sorry, could not for the life of me figure out how to spoiler the pic:

wedding dress copy.png

• Upvote 8
  • Love 25

6 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

. The only thing missing is my dress that I don't know what to wear, I know I don't want a traditional white gown just a flowy elegant summer dress. (I'd accept any suggestion y'all, lol). 

My wedding was very similar than yours. I wore a cocktail dress in a champagne colour. I bought it in a store that sells dresses for parties, but wasn't a bridal store. As I didn't want to wear the typical white gown, I thought about wearing a bridesmaid dress, but finally I chase a cocktail one, because I prefer shorter dresses.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

We got engaged in early January and married at the end of May. We were on a strict tmeline because Mr. O was moving abroad.  We didn't really have any issues finding a venue, but then again we didn't have our reception (ceremony was at the registry office) at a super typical wedding venue. We chose a super cool industrial loft with a rooftop terrace overlooking our neighborhood in Berlin. It was very much "us." While it was a little stressful to get all the wedding planning done in 4 1/2 months, I'm honestly glad it wasn't longer. I feel like that would have just made the stressful period last longer, rather than making it less stressful. YMMV.

Have you looked at bridesmaid dresses? I also didn't want a traditional white gown, but still wanted something "wedding-y". BHLDN had a ton of stunning bridesmaids dresses to choose from. I never once regretted my choice! :)

Picture of me in my dress if you'd like to see (sorry, could not for the life of me figure out how to spoiler the pic:

Spoiler

wedding dress copy.png

You look stunning! And I love your dress so much. ?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, JillyO said:

wedding dress copy.png

You look absolutely gorgeous!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, JillyO said:

wedding dress copy.png

You look beautiful. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

A friend found a very stressfree, budget way to do their wedding:

they just invited close family (parents, siblings) to the traditional ceremony,

invited their extended family to a restaurant dinner and reserved some tables a cocktail bar to celebrate with their friends

So the 2 large celebrations only took 2 phone calls to organize, everybody was happy

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, JillyO said:

wedding dress copy.png

You looked absolutely stunning!

I really love the style of your dress, thanks for the suggestion!

Wedding planning can be stressful and the funny thing is... everything fell into place for us: my sister works at a very fancy hotel, they gave her a huge discount and we booked there (decor, music, food and drinks included); last year we planned my mom's bday and the lady who did the cake is doing ours, she also offers to do invitations so she's doing ours; one of my best friends is a photographer and she's obviously doing our wedding, and we "planned" this in two weeks. 

I was more stressed with my mom's birthday last year, I guess that prepared me for this, lol. I do need to find my dress though.

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

My wedding was very similar than yours. I wore a cocktail dress in a champagne colour. I bought it in a store that sells dresses for parties, but wasn't a bridal store. As I didn't want to wear the typical white gown, I thought about wearing a bridesmaid dress, but finally I chase a cocktail one, because I prefer shorter dresses.

I like this suggestion, thank you!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Just want to say I am loving the variety of ideas and wedding plans here.  Honestly, if I had to do it all over again (the wedding, not the groom btw) I would have gone with a more casual event planned by myself than the more formal event that my parents wanted and got because they were paying for it.  Would have been easier to plan, less stress and more fun on the day.    Nothing wrong with anyone wanting a more formal wedding but speaking for myself I was so aggravated and stressed by the time the day arrived, I really didn't enjoy the day as much as I hoped to.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

In the BUB FB live in the last 60 seconds they mentioned all the stuff going on in the family. They say Trace started a courtship and that Katie has a friend. So it looks like last week's Trace/Chaney announcement is likely a courtship. And Katie's friend is obviously Travis Clark.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3

29 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

In the BUB FB live in the last 60 seconds they mentioned all the stuff going on in the family. They say Trace started a courtship and that Katie has a friend. So it looks like last week's Trace/Chaney announcement is likely a courtship. And Katie's friend is obviously Travis Clark.

So disappointed that they still call it "courtship". I just want to yank my hair out. Not happy Katie has a "friend" either. But we know the leg humpers will be praying for all involved. Sorry to be the party pooper.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

They also talked about their new ministry Mediccorps. At least they are not calling it an NGO. If people donate money they know it is for a ministry. They said it was created by Nathan, who is now working as a instructor pilot. No mention of John David or any of the Duggars really. Wasnt JD who really created it? I think it is even registered in Arkansas. Are they not even allowed to mention the Duggars on a facebook live? 

Per Lawson they rescued 30-40 people in the Bahamas and also bring lots of stuff to people. They also colaborated with other ministries and here he mentioned Samaritans purse. So this confirms the insider had true information because until now there was no public mention of Samaritans Purse and now Lawson himself confirmed they worked together (the insider called them their cohorts).

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic