IGNORED

Bates 27: I Want My Bates TV

Georgiana

Did anyone else catch when they said that their return policy for the boutique would only be a few days and Erin admitted that she once wore a dress and then returned it? A few days?? What if the person is away when the package arrives or like me has a crazy overbooked life and can't always try on clothes that I buy online right away. Not to mention they are basically competing with Amazon,  which has a much more generous return policy. I'm guessing that was eventually changed. Does anyone know? 

• Upvote 7

On 11/15/2019 at 3:55 PM, JMO said:

Did anyone else catch when they said that their return policy for the boutique would only be a few days and Erin admitted that she once wore a dress and then returned it? A few days?? What if the person is away when the package arrives or like me has a crazy overbooked life and can't always try on clothes that I buy online right away. Not to mention they are basically competing with Amazon,  which has a much more generous return policy. I'm guessing that was eventually changed. Does anyone know? 

Per their website 

“We accept returns within 15 days of the shipping date for all US orders (unfortunately, no international orders can be returned). All returns must be in new condition with tags still attached. 
The buyer is responsible for return shipping, unless orders were not fulfilled correctly and/or there were damaged/defected products received.
To return an item, fill out the return slip that is included in your order and follow the directions on the slip.”

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, marmalade said:

Defected products? ?

Maybe they defected from the Chinese factory they were manufactured in?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Katie and Travis are all dressed up in NYC. I have a feeling someone just made a courtposal to Katie.

Boy the Bates lifestyle sure has improved since the early grifting days.

Not many teens get to take short trips to NYC to go on dates in fancy outfits. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Seculardaisy said:

Boy the Bates lifestyle sure has improved since the early grifting days.

Not many teens get to take short trips to NYC to go on dates in fancy outfits. 

I totally agree. Not only are the Bateses making more money than they used to, but they are attracting fundies with money. I imagine the Clarks and UP paid for this little trip for Travis and Katie. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I totally agree. Not only are the Bateses making more money than they used to, but they are attracting fundies with money. I imagine the Clarks and UP paid for this little trip for Travis and Katie. 

Yeah travis showed a little bit of their house recently and I was like whoa

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

what i noticed is that there doesnt seem to be any chaperone there with Katie, she has spend the whole week at his house and i mean i guess his family is chaperoning, but they never trusted the guys family before to do that.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, llucie said:

what i noticed is that there doesnt seem to be any chaperone there with Katie, she has spend the whole week at his house and i mean i guess his family is chaperoning, but they never trusted the guys family before to do that.

Well they don't really have another choice. All the older girls are married Lawson was out of town. Probably Nathan too and I doubt they were going to send Addie on a week long chaperoning trip. 

When Micheal was dating Brandon they did let her stay with his sisters without other siblings. And Ibthink Carlin went on trips with Evan's family sans siblings 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, llucie said:

My guess is whoever was taking the pictures was a chaperone. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Someone asked Katie in the comments if she wasn’t being chaperoned and she said no. I also wouldn’t be surprised if there was also a camera man there as well.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Someone asked Katie in the comments if she wasn’t being chaperoned and she said no. I also wouldn’t be surprised if there was also a camera man there as well.

Some have speculated that the chaperoning is not enforced as much until the couple is officially courting. There were questions a few seasons ago on the show when Josie and Kelton arrived at the Bates house together (for some dinner or holiday) without a chaperone in sight. Now the person could have still been outside when they were filmed walking in, but people questioned it for a while. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Its dificult to belive they keep saving their first kiss for the wedding (like Carlin assured us she did in her wedding episode) when they have longer and longer "courtships" and no chaperoning.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, llucie said:

Its dificult to belive they keep saving their first kiss for the wedding (like Carlin assured us she did in her wedding episode) when they have longer and longer "courtships" and no chaperoning.

She’s being chaperoned. Sorry if my previous post was confusing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

What I wouldn't give for a couple of Bates to attend this upcoming hot mess of a church service:

'A brother in Christ' | Kanye West event in Pigeon Forge sold out

The singer plans to bring a 100-person choir with him when he performs at a Christian youth conference in January.

https://www.wbir.com/article/entertainment/music/a-brother-in-christ-kanye-west-event-in-pigeon-forge-sold-out/51-5df672e4-5ec9-4e5c-a20e-2b6fecb357b9

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

What I wouldn't give for a couple of Bates to attend this upcoming hot mess of a church service:

'A brother in Christ' | Kanye West event in Pigeon Forge sold out

The singer plans to bring a 100-person choir with him when he performs at a Christian youth conference in January.

https://www.wbir.com/article/entertainment/music/a-brother-in-christ-kanye-west-event-in-pigeon-forge-sold-out/51-5df672e4-5ec9-4e5c-a20e-2b6fecb357b9

Well Jinger and Jeremy did go to one of his church things in LA so I guess a Bates Lawson cough cough could be next.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s being chaperoned. Sorry if my previous post was confusing. 

I understood, no problem. I am sure his family were chaperoning but i dont think its the same as having her mother or siblings there.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, llucie said:

I understood, no problem. I am sure his family were chaperoning but i dont think its the same as having her mother or siblings there.

I think the Bateses started up this courting bullshit without actually thinking about how hard it is to implement. They have ten daughters. That’s a lot of time and planning for chaperones. I imagine it can become a real pain in the ass when everyone is busy. Like right now around the holidays. 

• Upvote 4

Since Katie was with Travis and his family for Thanksgiving it seems like things are getting pretty serious.  My money ‘s on a courtposal in NYC as well. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

This is a comment that Ellie let through on the Bates family blog. F4B2725A-5B45-4C35-810B-BCB22BB69479.thumb.jpeg.d99d579384b3c1f496e420cbecd0bedd.jpeg

Rode hard and put away wet needs to be a post count lol

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

Technically “rode hard and put away wet” is a saying referencing horse riding. But it’s always been dirty as hell to me. Maybe they are just focusing on the horse riding aspect ;)

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

It’s a common expression. It wouldn’t occur to me that it might mean anything besides not looking good.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

On 12/6/2019 at 7:56 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It’s a common expression. It wouldn’t occur to me that it might mean anything besides not looking good.

I'd also say it's common, but commonly used as sexual innuendo.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic