IGNORED

Bates 27: I Want My Bates TV

Georgiana

Both the photo of Nathan doing dentistry and the one of Carlin are really old photos, i think OP just posted them to remember other times they did missionary work on the past, but seems some people got confused about that.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

Evan’s hashtag read as “mission strip” instead of “missions trip” to me. Why do they think it’s plural anyway?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

One of the organizations I mentioned in my post, Mission Aviation Fellowship, is expected to arrive at the Bahamas tonight. My local news outlet had a clip and a representative of the organization mentioned that they bring everything they need to not be dependent on others. He talked about bring food, water, and even a tent to sleep in for a few weeks. I wonder if the "staffers" of MedicCorps did the same thing.

It just shows you that seasoned volunteers know how to help and they work to not be a burden.

While I'm not surprised, they applied for tax-exempt status, but it is not official yet. I don't know how this all works, but wouldn't it make sense to have that stuff active before launching it?

It's really convenient that they launched the website and social media right when a disaster struck. What they want to do is noble, but I hope they have (or know someone with) the expertise on the administrative side. My concern is if they create a board, then it will just be people they know with no real expertise.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

On 8/15/2019 at 5:41 PM, Melissa1977 said:

The kind of dresses Bates sell are very very VERY cheap to produce. The pattern can be cut and sew in the blink of an eye and the fabric looks cheap on pictures. Dresses have not decorations, embroideries, nor even zippers or buttons (as far as I see). 

On the opposite side, even cheap pants are way more difficult to sew, so take more time to do and fabric must a be a bit better, so they are more expensive items.

My point is that Bates are buying the cheapest clothes made in poor countries and selling them for the maximum profit. And pants or even smart dresses or blouses don't fit their business. They can say it's about modesty, but financial reasons are pretty obvious.

Can confirm some dresses can be made without a pattern and whipped up in a matter of time (less than an hour).
If they're similar sizes, even better - cut multiple at once.
You can make a decent number of garments with just squares and rectangles.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

People are already teasing him about the airpod again, bless them :D

Lawson is so full of himself, even those inexperienced fundie maidens see through his bullshit...

sde.JPG.151fbc5f216ca7d7c952dc1584e9edd0.JPG

airpod.JPG

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 9

11 hours ago, ColeJo said:

While I'm not surprised, they applied for tax-exempt status, but it is not official yet. I don't know how this all works, but wouldn't it make sense to have that stuff active before launching it?

It certainly would, but as long as JB and crew get their money, they don't care what their official 'status' is. To them, their status is "McGodly." 

The blatant errors on their webpage, even if caused by flying fingers and autocorrect, should be enough to dissuade any certifying organization from approving their application. I'm talking about Bohemian and stainable... there may be others and they may be fixed now, but oh dear Gussie, such buffoonery.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

On 9/3/2019 at 6:23 PM, RosyDaisy said:

My husband (an EMT and first responder) is shaking his head saying these people don't know what in hell they're doing and could really hurt somebody.

Reading of Mediccorps reminds me of Bradrick! the emergency response team of manly men only it didn't look like they actually responded to anything and therefore likely didn't do any harm.   Unfortunately I have real concerns that this crew might actually do more harm than good. 

And going in there while attention whoring is just so unseemly.   Just shut up and do the work.  

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Reading of Mediccorps reminds me of Bradrick! the emergency response team of manly men only it didn't look like they actually responded to anything and therefore likely didn't do any harm.   Unfortunately I have real concerns that this crew might actually do more harm than good. 

And going in there while attention whoring is just so unseemly.   Just shut up and do the work.  

BRADRICK!!! Was the first thing that popped into my head reading this. Unluckily the Bates are going to get more done and therefore inflict more damage. 

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I wonder if another boy Bates wears the other airport. Or did Lawson buy one and save the difference? ?

I was literally just wondering the same thing. ?I just don’t get why you would only wear one.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 9/4/2019 at 2:18 AM, Melissa1977 said:

About the Bates playing doctors, I don't even want to comment, because it makes me soooo angry. Would they send their babies to a false doctor or dentist? No, they visit real doctors. The fact they consider themselves trained enough to *heal* non white kids, but not for their own kids, is such a high level of racism that makes me SHOUT!

I do think the Bates are racist as hell, but I bet they would experiment on poor white kids in America if they could get away with it. The Bates sons seem to shun education and I think this is just another example of that. Nathan doesn't want to put forth the effort to become a dental hygienist or a dentist so he finds some place outside of America where he can screw around doing dental work without being properly trained. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

On 9/4/2019 at 10:27 PM, ColeJo said:

It just shows you that seasoned volunteers know how to help and they work to not be a burden.

It's really convenient that they launched the website and social media right when a disaster struck. What they want to do is noble, but I hope they have (or know someone with) the expertise on the administrative side. My concern is if they create a board, then it will just be people they know with no real expertise.

Yes.  But this crew has already been misscationing in the Philippines without 501(c)3 status for a few years. 

Noble they are not.  They are too Godly and arrogant to train properly and qualify as volunteers with a legitimate disaster relief organisation, so they have to start their own.   People like this get in the way of genuine disaster relief organisations.  They typically don't coordinate well with government authorities, they duplicate efforts, and through ignorance and arrogance get themselves into trouble and need rescuing themselves.

What fake charity (status pending) "MEDIC Corps" wants to do is convert people, with a bit of grandstanding, fly boying, and publicity whoring on the side. 

Right now Lawson seems to be designated spokesperson to available journalists in the Bahamas.  But what qualifications does he have other than lawn care, tree chopping, and country singing?  He's taking up space in Nassau right now that could better be being used by evacuees or genuine relief workers.  So are Jana, and teens barely out of high school James, and Jason.  Along for the ride and also taking up space.

Someone is working hard on the sketchy website. They are revamping it as we speak. 

September 5, 2019

THANK YOU for your donations! MEDIC has dispatched trained medical professionals ranging from firefighters & EMTs to Emergency Trauma Medical Doctors to the Bahamas. All donated funds are 100% supporting the relief effort on our all-volunteer team serving needs on the ground right now. Medical Evacuation Disaster Intervention Corps is a non-profit organization based in the USA with IRS 501(c)3 pending status.

And they have smartened this bit up too.

ABOUT US

Medical Evacuation Disaster Intervention Corps is a non-profit organization based in the USA with IRS 501(c)3 pending status.

Our current team members are 100% volunteer and choose to donate their valuable time and resources to support our mission — all donated funds and charitable gifts go directly to provide supplies and resources for our Medic Corps volunteer staff as they serve those in need.

Medic Corps volunteers have various levels of training including search & rescue, EMR/EMT, paramedic, firefighting, technical rescue, law enforcement, active and former military and other related training. In addition, Medic Corps volunteer staff include doctors, specialty physicians, professional pilots, lawyers, pastors & chaplains along with catastrophe relief and crisis volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering or know someone who may be qualified and willing to help serve with our team, please contact us.

Various levels of training is right.  Probably the boy-men have done courses at ALERT, for what those are worth.  Basically, not much.  I can't believe they have the gall to pretend they are "medics."

I'd also like to know which "doctors and specialty physicians" are along on this mission, and their names and qualifications.  Nathan Bates,  pretend dentist does not count. 

And who are the former and active military types they claim are along on this trip?  And the lawyers, pastors & chaplains?  Frankly the  lawyers, pastors & chaplains can stay at home.

"MEDIC Corps" is really pissing me off.  Can you tell?

ETA link: https://mediccorps.org/

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 2

Why doesn’t Nathan take the program to be a Dental Hygienist? He could have a good job and also help people on missions, rather than harm them? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Markie said:

Why doesn’t Nathan take the program to be a Dental Hygienist? He could have a good job and also help people on missions, rather than harm them? 

Wasn't Nathan the one Kelly tried to get to go to college and he refused? 

IMO it is because Nathan has a Raquel complex. He believes he doesn't actually need any proper training or education. He thinks he is good enough as he is and no one better tell him he is wrong. Nathan always came off as one of the most arrogant of the Bates sons so I can easily see him looking down on proper training. People like Nathan want to get to do the "fun" stuff that looks good in instagram pictures but refuse to do the more difficult stuff like proper education and training. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

33 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

IMO it is because Nathan has a Raquel complex. He believes he doesn't actually need any proper training or education. He thinks he is good enough as he is and no one better tell him he is wrong. Nathan always came off as one of the most arrogant of the Bates sons so I can easily see him looking down on proper training. People like Nathan want to get to do the "fun" stuff that looks good in instagram pictures but refuse to do the more difficult stuff like proper education and training. 

Prior to Bringing Up Bates, Nathan was attending Crown. Some of the ABC news stories had footage of him in a classroom. As far as I know, he didn't graduate, but he did at least go for a while. Nathan's got a lot of Gil in him, as he seems to want respect handed to him rather than do something to earn it. He is shown as preaching at nursing homes back in their TLC show and that time period. But he never went to school to be a minister. He decided to be a pilot. Rather than join the Air Force or go to a real flight school. He took private lessons from a person he met on a mission trip. He simply takes short cuts like Gil and waits on the world to applaud. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

@Palimpsest Good point. I was just saying that some of us want to do something after something like this. It is noble to want to help. However, they do not want to partner with the numerous disaster relief organizations that know how to coordinate with government officials. It is obvious that they want to do their own thing for themselves. They seem to not want to learn what is really required to be a part of a disaster relief team. Without coordinating with local governments and other organizations, they are on vacation. 

I'm just as mad about it because other organizations work hard for the reputation they have. They are willing to learn from the people around them. These boys just work for the credential and not much learning occurs after that.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

To put it simply, these arrogant fundie men do not feel that should take orders from anyone. They are also there to prosylthize, something they cannot do if part of a qualified, trained, organized, experienced group. They basically want the glory and pretty IG pics without having to do the hard work. Fuck them!

• Upvote 11

12 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

He decided to be a pilot. Rather than join the Air Force or go to a real flight school. He took private lessons from a person he met on a mission trip. He simply takes short cuts like Gil and waits on the world to applaud. 

I agree with all the rest but he did get a real license to be a pilot, you dont need to join the air force to be one. He has a teaching and a commercial license of both small planes and helicopters. Lawson also has license but his is only for personal use so i doubt he can fly the planes for Mediccorps.

15 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I actually think this describes Lawson a lot more than Nathan. Yes, Nathan has shown his cards and they don’t look well. But I don’t believe for a second his brothers are any different. We just haven’t seen it. If Nathan doesn’t care or if UP had unintentionally (or intentionally? Maybe he really pissed someone off) edited like this, I cannot say. Nathan seems to dwell in the “hard working country boy, whose charme doesn’t come through rosy words but because he is direct and honest”. A man of little words, who works hard to provide for his family. You could wonder if he has read to much bad Hot for the Cowboy ChickLit. At least he doesn’t put himself in the spotlight all the time like Lawson. I actually believe he does it because he likes it/ it fits his bias of a godly hard working man. Lawson on the other hand definitely loves to pose for Insta. Now, enough of it otherwise one could confuse me for a Nathan fan.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Wasn’t he at Crown because his sister (Erin) NEEDED a chaperone, and a male one at that, at that librul, ebil, edumecation place? 

Alyssa and Tori were chaperones, not Nathan.

• Thank You 4

Wait...they needed chaperones for college? At Crown? An IFB college just a short driving distance away?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

Wait...they needed chaperones for college? At Crown? An IFB college just a short driving distance away?

But of course. One of the daughters might (gasp) talk to a young man who isn't her father or brother and hasn't been vetted. (I'm clutching my pearls!)

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

On 9/8/2019 at 6:51 AM, llucie said:

I agree with all the rest but he did get a real license to be a pilot, you dont need to join the air force to be one. He has a teaching and a commercial license of both small planes and helicopters. Lawson also has license but his is only for personal use so i doubt he can fly the planes for Mediccorps.

I wasn't clear. It is not required, but simply another example of him taking alternate routes and short cuts like his family is prone to do. I never finished my training to fly a plane (it was more something my ex was into than me) and went through the channels of a licensed training pilot who taught me. Nathan and many others in IFB would go on these mission trips to the Philippines, Vietnam, etc. and meet retired pilots who were involved with IFB events. One such guy essentially told 10 or so guys on the mission trip that he could train them and then they could essentially be the pilots for such mission trips. He put bunk beds in his converted garage and called it flight school. It was legit in terms of earning the credentials. It was just a bit on the skeevy side since he was essentially creating an air portion of the ALERT program. 

I have no issue with Nathan learning to be a pilot or whatever else he wants to be. I just cringe at some of his decision making. I used to work in higher education. Students who were failing or struggling to make it to class were dropping out left and right to run to many of those for profit schools where they were promised all the money they needed to finish (until they had to pay it back) and flexible schedules/online classes for things that shouldn't be taught only online. I see some of these former students on social media now with no job, growing debt, and a credential that means less than the paper. In the words of my grandmother, sometimes the grass is greener on the other side because they have more fertilizer. 

• Upvote 8

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic