IGNORED

Bates 27: I Want My Bates TV

Georgiana

@everyone planning their wedding right now:

I was just married on August 31st. I had a 1.5 year engagement.

The venue was the FIRST thing we booked because apparently people book them 2 years out in Chicago!! madness. 

Photography I went with a friend that has an amateur photography "business" and saved thousands of dollars.

I ordered invites from Minted but other paper products I just downloaded an etsy template and then printed them at Staples for hundreds cheaper. 

Etsy templates and using frames and stuff from around the house was great for decorations.

My dress I did get a year out. I am so happy I did. I had my last alteration a week before the wedding . . . it really took an entire year to get the fit just right. For the person wondering if they wont like it in 8 months . . . I only liked my dress more and more the better and better it fit!!!!

• Upvote 10

Actually the Medic Corps instagram did mention Samaritan's purse a few times.  (which I sort of took as an attempt to suck up to them) 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

The venue was the FIRST thing we booked because apparently people book them 2 years out in Chicago!! madness. 

Yup, here in NYC, if you want a wedding during one of the nicer weather months, you need to have at least a year. That's the bare minimum. Most venues have over a year wait. And be ready to pay up the ass for it. My friends currently planning her wedding. A dinky no nonsense mom and pop bed and breakfast wanted $10K just for a brunch Sunday wedding out in Long Island. And that's just the venue. Nothing included.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Actually the Medic Corps instagram did mention Samaritan's purse a few times.  (which I sort of took as an attempt to suck up to them) 

Thanks, i didnt pay a lot of attention to the multiple posts in the Bahamas. This was before the person posted the insider info on facebook i assume? I thought this confirmed that he has real info, but if it was published before by them he could just have read it. Personally i do want to believe the insider, and most of what he said seems believable (the badges thing was even commented here before, because you could see it in his photos) but there is a few things that seem weird  like how could the navy ovey their orders, that doesnt make any sense to me.

• Upvote 1

Alyssa answers a question about why they wear pants IRL, but only skirts and dresses on the show.......... it's because it's HER DAD'S SHOW. Naw honey, he wouldn't have a show without those 19 babies lol Anywho, apparently it's not their show, it's his lol

Screenshot_20190921-064355_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 6

Do any of you have the Up tv app to watch the show? We switched cable providers and no longer have Up. I was wondering if the app worked well and how long it took for new episodes to be uploaded. 

1 hour ago, mstee said:

Do any of you have the Up tv app to watch the show? We switched cable providers and no longer have Up. I was wondering if the app worked well and how long it took for new episodes to be uploaded. 

It takes awhile. They don't even have the full first half of season 8 up yet (these new episodes are "season 8b) but they release new episode every Friday on the app. I also believe this is why we have not seen the new title sequence.. well probably see that when it's officially season 9. 

4 hours ago, elf1590 said:

Alyssa answers a question about why they wear pants IRL, but only skirts and dresses on the show.......... it's because it's HER DAD'S SHOW. Naw honey, he wouldn't have a show without those 19 babies lol Anywho, apparently it's not their show, it's his

& those skirts have gotten pretty short for bates standards. I mean, an inch or so above the knee and, *gasps* whitney with bare legs! 

• Upvote 2

You cannot watch anything on the UP app for free. It's a pay service even if UP is part of your cable/satellite package.

• Thank You 1

11 hours ago, mmd10 said:

I thought UP TV rerecorded the opening credits?

They did. It was done over the summer and Josie was incredibly pregnant with Willow at the time (like days or a week from giving birth. It also included Evan and Carlin after the wedding. Maybe there is something in the new opening that might need the show timeline to catch up with first? 

• Upvote 2

Lawson and Nathan spoted in Florida with Jana, they visited universal studios. Maybe they are all just friends but it surely ignites those courtship rumours.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

JinJer was there this weekend because he’s doing something in Orlando.  The comments under Alyssa’s photos said Jeremiah Duggar was there as well.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

50 minutes ago, clueliss said:

JinJer was there this weekend because he’s doing something in Orlando.  The comments under Alyssa’s photos said Jeremiah Duggar was there as well.  

They uploaded instastories loading crates of stuff for the Bahamas too, so i guess makes sense for the people working for mediccorps to be there.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1

Idk but it seems like Clown College is just their meeting place. The Kree need to have headquarters somewhere. Refuel, reenergize, change their blue skin. You know normal stuff that won't make them stand out that much against the humans. Probably planning their next attack.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

6 hours ago, mstee said:

What the heck is a creation/flood apologetic?? ?

Defending the religious belief that the creation and flood stories in the Bible are literally true. Apologetics in general being the defense of a religious belief by presenting the arguments of why it is true. 

(In case there is any confusion, I do not believe there is any valid argument to be made on those stories to be literal, and my experience with apologetics stems from reading Catholic apologists defend their faith.)

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 9

3 hours ago, JustEnough said:

Defending the religious belief that the creation and flood stories in the Bible are literally true. Apologetics in general being the defense of a religious belief by presenting the arguments of why it is true. 

(In case there is any confusion, I do not believe there is any valid argument to be made on those stories to be literal, and my experience with apologetics stems from reading Catholic apologists defend their faith.)

Dad joke time. I think they should apologize for even teaching it as being literal. 

Everytime I hear people trying to defend the impossible events of the Bible, they just sound  ridiculous to me. If I was in the crowd at one of those lectures, I couldn’t stop myself from shaking my head the whole time.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Dad joke time. I think they should apologize for even teaching it as being literal. 

Everytime I hear people trying to defend the impossible events of the Bible, they just sound  ridiculous to me. If I was in the crowd at one of those lectures, I couldn’t stop myself from shaking my head the whole time.

That's why Catholics changed their point of view at schools and start explaining that Bible are metaphors. For example they say that world wasn't created in 7 days but in 7 "periods of time", evolution is designed by God etc. Even in Catholic fundie schools (Opus Dei ones) science is science.

• Upvote 11

On 9/23/2019 at 5:04 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Crown College is such a joke:

F9222582-1817-4864-8523-B6A0F410E7F8.jpeg

"this week is to emphasize how great a God we serve"

Really? Cause it kinda seems like a massive cop out for God to be like "yeah imma just snap my fingers and make everything exist in a way that kinda works cause I'm God and I said so". When I look at young-earth creationists, I honestly understand people who deride religion as having a "magic sky daddy". 

"Creation Science" is somehow both redundant and an oxymoron and God is ashamed of these blathering idiots who would rather raise their hands and simper about how "God did it!" than bother to learn about how he did it. Those people are about as much scientists as someone who got ordained online to officiate Vegas weddings is a pastor. 

Sorry, young-earth creationism really touches a nerve for me. I was raised in it, Creation Museum and all. Side note, has anyone heard of the Jonathan Park series? It was an audio drama that was like Indiana Jones meets Answers in Genesis. I enjoyed it as a kid (my parents purchased the tapes from vision forum, lol), but I'm sure if I went back and listened to it now I might hurl. I can definitely see the Bates using it to indoctrinate their children. 

• Upvote 9

On 9/19/2019 at 5:05 AM, JillyO said:

We got engaged in early January and married at the end of May. We were on a strict tmeline because Mr. O was moving abroad.  We didn't really have any issues finding a venue, but then again we didn't have our reception (ceremony was at the registry office) at a super typical wedding venue. We chose a super cool industrial loft with a rooftop terrace overlooking our neighborhood in Berlin. It was very much "us." While it was a little stressful to get all the wedding planning done in 4 1/2 months, I'm honestly glad it wasn't longer. I feel like that would have just made the stressful period last longer, rather than making it less stressful. YMMV.

Have you looked at bridesmaid dresses? I also didn't want a traditional white gown, but still wanted something "wedding-y". BHLDN had a ton of stunning bridesmaids dresses to choose from. I never once regretted my choice! :)

Picture of me in my dress if you'd like to see (sorry, could not for the life of me figure out how to spoiler the pic:

wedding dress copy.png

Yay for Berlin weddings ❤️ 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I just notice that the official Bates family account is now following Trace (don't know how new this is) and his family, soooo what do we think this means? They already said the kids are getting to know and are special friends. How fast will they ho with this relationship? Katie for now is the only 18+ female at home, I get that Jed and Jeb are not so little anymore and don't request so much help, but still I think Kelly needs someone at home for all the domestic stuff that she don't do. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/21/2019 at 1:32 AM, mmd10 said:

I thought UP TV rerecorded the opening credits?

Kelly Jo answered on Instagram that the new opening is for season 9 and this is still 8b. So I guess January?

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic