IGNORED

Bates 27: I Want My Bates TV

Georgiana

On 10/26/2019 at 5:12 AM, CaptainFunderpants said:

I find it highly unlikely that there's an entire family of quieter people when it numbers 19. I think the Duggars get it beat out of them on some level far more than the Bates do, although I do think the Bates could swing the other way in terms of !JOYFUL! oppression.

In the Bates, we can identify the quieter family members like Michaela, Nathan, and Josie. In the Duggars, who are truly the loud family members? Jim Bob, Michelle, Josh, and Josie; the parents and the two heavily favored children; that's it. To me that seems highly suspect.

I agree. A great example here is Josiah who would for sure have a big personality if he would not have been in the Duggar house.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

On 10/26/2019 at 8:50 AM, TeaELSee said:

If you haven’t seen this video of Callie when she was 5, I recommend checking it out.

She’s a very bright kid.

Lawson Katie and Callie

It makes me sad because I remember when Johannah Duggar was such a little spitfire and was proving her sisters wrong with her knowledge and comments. That gleam and hint of a future just aren't seen now. 

I also remember in United Bates of America that there was an interview segment where Katie and Callie were on the couch. Katie was prompting Callie to say what she wanted to be when she grew up. Katie asked her if she wanted to be a mommy and Callie very quickly and tersely said no. I was so proud of that kid in that moment. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

It makes me sad because I remember when Johannah Duggar was such a little spitfire and was proving her sisters wrong with her knowledge and comments. That gleam and hint of a future just aren't seen now. 

Yes, that's so true.  I remember watching an episode of 19KAC in which they were asking the kids what they wanted to be when they grew up.  Of course, the older kids answered with career choices such as missionaries and pastors.  When they asked Johannah, who was around 3-4, what she wanted to be, she simply replied "Just Johannah!".  When I heard that, I thought there was hope for her yet, and that things would somehow change over time for her to be "Just Johannah"- whatever and whoever she wanted.  Sadly, we know that will never happen for her.    

I believe Johannah just turned 14 this month.  Hard to believe she's now eligible to drive in Arkansas and in the next 5-10 years, will most likely achieve the fundie bucket list dream of marriage and motherhood.      

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

I wonder if Jordyn, I think it was here or Jennifer, still doesn’t want to get married. One of those girls said, on an episode of 19KaC that they didn’t want to marry. The younger kids were at a pizza place with JB. He told her she would change her mind. So sad. Her option, unless she escapes, is to marry or live at home forever.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Yes, that's so true.  I remember watching an episode of 19KAC in which they were asking the kids what they wanted to be when they grew up.  Of course, the older kids answered with career choices such as missionaries and pastors.  When they asked Johannah, who was around 3-4, what she wanted to be, she simply replied "Just Johannah!".  When I heard that, I thought there was hope for her yet, and that things would somehow change over time for her to be "Just Johannah"- whatever and whoever she wanted.  Sadly, we know that will never happen for her.    

I believe Johannah just turned 14 this month.  Hard to believe she's now eligible to drive in Arkansas and in the next 5-10 years, will most likely achieve the fundie bucket list dream of marriage and motherhood.      

There was also the interview with Jackson where she said she wanted to be a doctor. He told her that was for boys and she shot him down. 

Callie is getting the short end of the stick. The Bates squander potential for the sake of their brand. It sucks because she has brothers with fewer gifts, talents, and skills who will be given the opportunity to live and explore while she will probably end up a wife and mother before 21. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 5

On 10/29/2019 at 8:33 PM, Lgirlrocks said:

I wonder if Jordyn, I think it was here or Jennifer, still doesn’t want to get married. One of those girls said, on an episode of 19KaC that they didn’t want to marry. The younger kids were at a pizza place with JB. He told her she would change her mind. So sad. Her option, unless she escapes, is to marry or live at home forever.

It was probably Jennifer that didn't want to get married.  She wanted to be a veterinarian and I believe owns, or did own, a guinea pig named "Nibbles".    I don't know what has now become of the guinea pig.  

That's another one that will unfortunately never see her dreams come to fruition.  Marriage and babies as her only choice and life goal are probably being shoved down her 12-year-old throat as we speak.   

Edited by nelliebelle1197
Rogue Quote Box
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, HeartsAFundie said:

It was probably Jennifer that didn't want to get married.  She wanted to be a veterinarian and I believe owns, or did own, a guinea pig named "Nibbles".    I don't know what has now become of the guinea pig.  

That's another one that will unfortunately never see her dreams come to fruition.  Marriage and babies as her only choice and life goal are probably being shoved down her 12-year-old throat as we speak.   

I would sooo watch a spin-off of Callie and Jenny "breaking free" and at least going to a real SBC school like Carson-Newman.

• Upvote 8

16 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

I would sooo watch a spin-off of Callie and Jenny "breaking free" and at least going to a real SBC school like Carson-Newman.

So would I! It would be way more interesting than CO or BUB.  Callie Anna-Rose Bates is a feisty one with such an expressive little face, especially those big blue eyes.  She looks like she could throw some serious shade if given the chance, and we know she has no problem spilling tea!  She and Jenni, who just looks so over all of it, would make a great pair on a series.  

Another young Bates daughter that I noticed seems to show some spark of individualism and creativity is Ellie.  She seems to put more thought in her outfits and if she wasn't fundie, would likely be a real fashionista.   One day on BUB Ellie had on a dress, but topped it off with a faux-leather black motorcycle jacket.  I have also seen Ellie wear lively accessories such as bright scarves and dangly earrings.  I bet she can't wait to get her hands on a pair of skinny jeans like Whitney, Alyssa, Carlin and Josie have done.  Probably counting down the days until she can.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

So remember when people were wondering about that new girl modeling dresses? I said she looked like a girl named Caitlin Kaetzer but it was said she was actually a girl named Alana Ford who has a boyfriend. I said dang, those fundie girls all look alike. Well who just showed up in a picture on the Bates family insta? Yep, Caitlin Kaetzer. So maybe she is their new “mother’s helper/tutor” or it’s possible she’s a girl one of the boys is “getting to know.”

1F784BE2-BEC2-4B1C-8184-3FCAB6AC0183.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

It makes sense she would be their new “mother’s helper/tutor.” All the Paine girls are married and only Katie is left at home. They need another young adult female fundie to run the house.

• Upvote 9

They do have similar faces, but I think the Bates boutique model person is still different IMO. (Not sure if you were implying It was Caitlin in the modeling pics too?) The heights don’t match. Funny that she still popped up though!

Side note, it’s always interesting seeing which of my Instagram friends follow & like fundie stuff. 

• Upvote 5

47 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

They do have similar faces, but I think the Bates boutique model person is still different IMO. (Not sure if you were implying It was Caitlin in the modeling pics too?) The heights don’t match. Funny that she still popped up though!

Side note, it’s always interesting seeing which of my Instagram friends follow & like fundie stuff. 

Oh no I don’t think they are the same. I just thought it was an odd coincidence. And white fundie girls all look alike ;)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

I think she is the nanny just because you always see her around the little kids, if she was courting someone she would be around the older kids more.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, llucie said:

I think she is the nanny just because you always see her around the little kids, if she was courting someone she would be around the older kids more.

I wish more people would realize these huge homeschooling families need plenty of outside help to function. There’s nothing wrong with outside help. But a lot of these families can’t afford it. And their family struggles because of it. The Bateses aren’t the norm. 

• Upvote 10

I'd be surprised if the Bates were actually providing any young Fundie girl with monetary compensation to nanny or homeschool for them. They probably find some girl who has it on her heart to bless their family with her Christian service, or some crap like that.

If Gil Bates had a billion dollars in the bank, I guarantee he'd still be the cheapest, griftiest SOB alive.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I'd be surprised if the Bates were actually providing any young Fundie girl with monetary compensation to nanny or homeschool for them. They probably find some girl who has it on her heart to bless their family with her Christian service, or some crap like that.

If Gil Bates had a billion dollars in the bank, I guarantee he'd still be the cheapest, griftiest SOB alive.

I could also see some of the Fundy families shipping out there unmarried daughters to help other fundie families to try to expand their dating pool. Even if the daughter isn't interested in the young man whose house she's in, they probably have other connections and know people that she doesn't. 

• Upvote 8

And a poor fundie family with a gazillion kids might be pretty happy someone else is feeding and housing their kid for them. Everyone isn’t as skilled at grifting and can’t afford big houses and food for all their blessings. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

And a poor fundie family with a gazillion kids might be pretty happy someone else is feeding and housing their kid for them. Everyone isn’t as skilled at grifting and can’t afford big houses and food for all their blessings. 

This makes me think of Jessiqua, a fundie blogger/author discussed here a few years ago whose impoverished parents basically sold her to an older man when she was a teenager. She’s only had two kids and still seems very happy with her life, but still, yikes. 

• Upvote 5

On 10/31/2019 at 7:55 PM, princessmahina said:

This makes me think of Jessiqua, a fundie blogger/author discussed here a few years ago whose impoverished parents basically sold her to an older man when she was a teenager. She’s only had two kids and still seems very happy with her life, but still, yikes. 

She's getting a divorce! I forget what thread it was in, possibly the Fundie Divorce thread.

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

She's getting a divorce! I forget what thread it was in, possibly the Fundie Divorce thread.

WOW. Somehow I’m not really surprised though! 

In last night’s BUB, Whitney was at a park with Kelly when she (totally coincidentally, I’m sure!) got a call from Dr. Vick’s office with her baby’s sex. Kelly didn’t know about the pregnancy and was shocked. No talk of the miscarriage. At Carlin’s graduation party (yay, Carlin!), Zach announced the pregnancy, and then Whit surprised him by saying, “It’s a girl!” Kelly threw confetti that she had concealed in a covered coffee cup. In a voice-over, Zach talked about how the confetti was entirely pink, not blue, as the camera focused on pink-and-blue confetti.

In other news, Josie and Kelton moved into a two-bedroom apartment and Josie’s friend Samantha helped decorate the nursery in Josie’s usual subdued style. There were two gray prints of the front and side of the head of an ostrich over the crib. Kind of odd. 

On to Carlin’s bridesmaid dresses. Tori thinks she didn’t realize how stressful it would be. Tori, Erin and Whitney’s dresses are tight. The website can’t send more dresses in three weeks. They are literally standing in Miz Renee’s shop when they say that’s a problem.  TH with the younger boys; one says “I’m not getting into that mess” about the bridesmaids dresses at his hypothetical wedding. Obviously, Miz Renee alters the dresses, and the girls are overly impressed.  Carlin tries her dress on and looks unbelievable. She debates how to wear her hair.

Lots of THs with Bates son-in-laws sitting silently this week. Next week promo: The girls have a dress shop! It’s almost Carlin’s wedding! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 6

They were in Whit’s house trying on the dresses. They mentioned Ms Renee traveled to them.

The sex reveal for Whit’s baby was so haphazard. Kelly flailing and flinging the coffee cup filled with Pink (and blue?) confetti looked confusing and chaotic. They basically screamed it’s a girl and it looked like a train wreck. THIS was Whit’s special way of revealing her big surprise to Zach that required planning in advance? 

And dang they could’ve given Carlin a heads up that they were going to hijack her graduation party and make it a gender reveal party. No wonder they have alluded to the fact that Carlin felt insecure and overshadowed as a child. 

• Upvote 14

In a home with 19 children who have little to no outside the family relationships or experiences, how or why would any child develop a notion that they are or should be the center of attention? I would imagine that it would be extremely difficult for growing children to develop a strong sense of individualism or to stand out within the group. There just isn’t the time to develop and hone individual skills, likes, personalities... 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Seculardaisy said:

They were in Whit’s house trying on the dresses. They mentioned Ms Renee traveled to them.

Ah, that explains the refrigerator in the background. Shouldn’t have watched and typed at the same time.

• Haha 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic