IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 13: Online Courting with Caldwell Semi-colons

Georgiana

They took a toddler to visit a sick relative while they have a newborn at home who’s not old enough for vaccines? Even if they vaccinate that’s a terrible decision!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 9

Any hospital I've known has an age limit for visiting. They don't want patients exposed to more germs than necessary. Of course, you can catch all kinds of things in a hospital without little kids visiting.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Any hospital I've known has an age limit for visiting. They don't want patients exposed to more germs than necessary. Of course, you can catch all kinds of things in a hospital without little kids visiting.

Same here. The big hospital by me won’t allow anyone under 18 years old in a patient’s room unless they are going to pass away soon. 

I think the pictures of Garrett and the Caldwell baby together were taken at the Caldwell house. The brown leather chair and flooring are seen in other pictures at that house.

• I Agree 2

The hospital we have visited the most only had restrictions for the ICU/PICU/NICU, etc... Though they did close to visitors under 13 during the flu season a couple years ago when there was a bad outbreak in the area. However, I personally wouldn't bring a young child to a hospital except for very special circumstances.

However I have found people lack common sense. My MIL worked in healthcare for 42 years before she retired. Yet, she hosted Thanksgiving while she was recovering from the flu and her boyfriend who was staying there was still sick with a fever. My SIL was there 38+ weeks pregnant. She gave birth 2 days later (thankfully she didn't get sick) but MIL and boyfriend were there visiting at the hospital holding the baby. There is no fucking way I would have been in that house or allowing them to visit and kiss all over the baby.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

The hospital we have visited the most only had restrictions for the ICU/PICU/NICU, etc... Though they did close to visitors under 13 during the flu season a couple years ago when there was a bad outbreak in the area. However, I personally wouldn't bring a young child to a hospital except for very special circumstances.

However I have found people lack common sense. My MIL worked in healthcare for 42 years before she retired. Yet, she hosted Thanksgiving while she was recovering from the flu and her boyfriend who was staying there was still sick with a fever. My SIL was there 38+ weeks pregnant. She gave birth 2 days later (thankfully she didn't get sick) but MIL and boyfriend were there visiting at the hospital holding the baby. There is no fucking way I would have been in that house or allowing them to visit and kiss all over the baby.

I'm with you - cringing at the thought of people recently sick holding a newborn.

With these morons, I don't get it.  Visiting someone in the hospital is to either comfort the sick or comfort/provide some assistance for the caregiver.  An infant isn't going to be comforted by a toddler and the poor sick little guy should have had the undivided attention of his parents/caregivers.  They are Duggars - not like they can't find a sitter.

Honestly, these people are too stupid to function.

• Upvote 8

I didn't get to see my good friends new born until he was almost 3 weeks old because I had a horrible cold  when he was born 4 weeks early. I wasn't going anywhere near the little man, and she was perfectly fine with me staying away until I was better.  

When DD was born in Feb of 2000, I was allowed to have DS come and visit (he was 27 months old), because he was a sibling of the newborn. When mys sister had her kids my youngest wasn't allowed to visit as she was under 14 when both were born, and boy was she pissed.  We were able to see them at their home when they left the hospital, she just wasn't allowed IN the hospital. 

• Upvote 4

Given all of this, why on earth was the entire Duggar mob, adults to infants, allowed in the NICU when Josie was born so they could infect her and the other medically fragile babies? I don’t know what the procedure is, but that seems like it should be against some kind of rule against it.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Given all of this, why on earth was the entire Duggar mob, adults to infants, allowed in the NICU when Josie was born so they could infect her and the other medically fragile babies? I don’t know what the procedure is, but that seems like it should be against some kind of rule against it.

I didn’t get that either. It was right in the middle of flu season. 

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I have a good friend who is scheduled for knee replacement surgery in January and is also a cardiac patient. We cancelled our last bridge date because I couldn't figure out whether I had a cold or allergies. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 2

46 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I have a good friend who is scheduled for knee replacement surgery in January and is also a cardiac patient. We cancelled our last bridge date because I couldn't figure out whether I had a cold or allergies. 

You are a good person for thinking about your friend like that.  

• Upvote 7

That’s right, I forgot about precious miracle Josie! Do the Duggars now vaccinate? We’ll probably never know, but maybe they secretly vaccinate now and just keep it hush hush. ?

6 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

That’s right, I forgot about precious miracle Josie! Do the Duggars now vaccinate? We’ll probably never know, but maybe they secretly vaccinate now and just keep it hush hush. ?

Refusing the MMR vaccine is pretty common for prolife people because of its connection to an aborted fetus in the 60s that had rubella. During that time, there was a very bad rubella outbreak in the US, and a number of pregnant women caught it. Rubella causes severe birth defects, so many hospitals (or rather the boards that decided who could get an abortion) allowed those women to get abortions and that’s where that cell line came from. As far as I know, the other major vaccines don’t have an abortion link, but a lot of religious anti-vaxxers seem to treat them all like that. 

As for the Duggars, I would think with all the kids at the TTH that they would have had to have vaccinations for Josie to be released from the hospital, even if they didn’t vaccinate before. Maybe there are religious exemptions, but it seems like JB and Michelle would have to agree to some minimal level of care for Josie.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

If I remember correctly on the show they checked all the kids temperatures before they could go in nicu but it was only one time for the younger kids. They weren’t permitted but that once. When the Bates visited the parents had to gown up and scrub so maybe there were some regulations?

josie got some vaccinations on one episode. But they all got chickenpox too so ??‍♀️

• Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Jana814 said:

They were siblings, and if I remember correctly they put Josie in a "private" room by herself when her siblings came in, so that limited the exposure to the non family infants.  The younger kids were, I'm sure, made to wash hands and they didn't touch or get overly close to Josie, just looked at her. I'm sure that other parents with infants in the NICU have older kids that wanted all of them together. at least once, in case the worst happened, and as Josie was a micro preemie there was a good chance she wouldn't survive.  I'm pretty sure only Jana and Jill were allowed to hold her in the hospital and at home for a very long time, didn't they live in Little Rock for a long while after Josie was out of the hospital because of dr appointments and to be close to the hospital? I think I remember Jill and Jana being alone in JB & Ms room with Josie, when JB or M weren't with her while the rest of the family was doing other things. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They were siblings, and if I remember correctly they put Josie in a "private" room by herself when her siblings came in, so that limited the exposure to the non family infants.  The younger kids were, I'm sure, made to wash hands and they didn't touch or get overly close to Josie, just looked at her. I'm sure that other parents with infants in the NICU have older kids that wanted all of them together. at least once, in case the worst happened, and as Josie was a micro preemie there was a good chance she wouldn't survive.  I'm pretty sure only Jana and Jill were allowed to hold her in the hospital and at home for a very long time, didn't they live in Little Rock for a long while after Josie was out of the hospital because of dr appointments and to be close to the hospital? I think I remember Jill and Jana being alone in JB & Ms room with Josie, when JB or M weren't with her while the rest of the family was doing other things. 

I remember Jana & Jill being the only ones to hold Josie. I forgot about the private room though. 

Many newer Nicu units are set up with a peripheral group of individual pods/rooms thar orbit a larger nursing station. all rooms are glassed and have sliding doors to provide privacy and noise  controL, yet maintain excellent visualization for staff members. Josie was likely in a unit with this type of set up. All singleton patients would likely have been housed in a similar room. 

8 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

If I remember correctly on the show they checked all the kids temperatures before they could go in nicu but it was only one time for the younger kids. They weren’t permitted but that once. When the Bates visited the parents had to gown up and scrub so maybe there were some regulations?

josie got some vaccinations on one episode. But they all got chickenpox too so ??‍♀️

If i recall that's not entirely true, there were a couple of shots right after Josie was born of the whole family in the NICU, if I recall all the kids were included at that, but after that kids under a certain age weren't allowed so I'm pretty sure it was just a one time thing. They talk about that in one episode and how "it's especially hard for the girls because they just want to be little mommies". 

Our hospital has pretty strict rules regarding children. During flu season anyone under 18 is only allowed with special conditions and further, everyone who has not received a flu shot, has recently been sick, recently traveled or has symptoms has to wear a mask when in the hospital. 

During the rest of the year the ICU, CICU, NICU and Oncology units have restrictions regarding children under 18 being allowed on the units. Labor and Delivery and Maternity only allow siblings of the new baby on the unit all the time. I remember when my sister came to see Sullie 2 she brought her kids and they would not allow my niece and nephew on the unit so my sister couldn't come in and see the baby either. 

• Upvote 1

Just checked the policy for the hospital my grandpa was when he had his stroke was, which is the biggest in the region. FYI, you just walk in, not stickers with your names or stuff like that. There is a information if you need the room number or something like that.

Visitors are very welcome (stated like that on the homepage). You can come from 8am til 8pm. Intensive care has their own rules, times there are from 2:30pm until 7pm. And there is a limit of two people I think. Not sure about children. 

The pediatric ward has their own rules. Siblings are allowed to visit but you have to ask for permission. Mother/Child-ward is not restricted, but there are different times for relative versus friends (only for three hours in the afternoon).

All together I feel like it is less strict here. 

• Upvote 1

My dad’s in ICU in a VA hospital. I hadn’t been in an ICU in many years before this. I brought a friend along the other day and she was shocked that the only thing we had to do was be buzzed in - no questions, no ID, no hand-washing. Is that normal? I found out this week that the VA can’t be sued for malpractice. Are they maybe less worried about “your visitor exposed my family member to the flu” lawsuits than other hospitals?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

28 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

My dad’s in ICU in a VA hospital. I hadn’t been in an ICU in many years before this. I brought a friend along the other day and she was shocked that the only thing we had to do was be buzzed in - no questions, no ID, no hand-washing. Is that normal? I found out this week that the VA can’t be sued for malpractice. Are they maybe less worried about “your visitor exposed my family member to the flu” lawsuits than other hospitals?

I'm sorry about your dad, I hope everything goes well for him quickly.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

45 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

VA hospitals CAN be sued for malpractice. I am suing the one here in Vegas. Military hospitals can't be sued for malpractice. There is currently legislation in process to change this. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

In the early 2000's I worked in a hospital, I ran lab reports for all night labs on the patients and delivered them around the hospital and had to deliver them to various nursing stations. We would also help with supplies in critical care, when we had time we had to check crash carts in the NICU, PICU, ICU, CICU & ER. The NICU at the time was 1 large room with movable partitions that could turn it into 2 or 3 rooms depending on need. The infants were "organized" by status, the healthy babies that were ready to go home or to a peds ward, were at the front of the room, then they pulled the partitions and the back 1/2 would be the sicker babies, and if they had a baby with an infection, they would block off the back 1/3rd of the room, that had a separate entrance, for those nurses to go in and out of, and it had its own nursing desk and supplies to keep the infectious area self contained. They did have 2 quiet rooms, that were used for parents and family to say good bye to their babies as they passed, the rooms were curtained off when in use for total privacy. I was told they would occasional allow young kids to visit a sibling, and they would use those rooms, but for the most part they didn't like youngsters in the NICU at all.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic