IGNORED

Mrs Midwest

Timetraveler

27 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I plucked the ever-loving shit out of my eyebrows back in the day (and then drew them back on? Jesus.) In any case, it was the one time in my life where being *ahem* blessed with an abundance of hair has paid off. Those puppies bounced right back. 

I’m jealous. Mine never fully bounced back after I plucked the hell out of them for a decade straight. But they could be worse so I shouldn’t complain.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m jealous. Mine never fully bounced back after I plucked the hell out of them for a decade straight. But they could be worse so I shouldn’t complain.

Don't be too jealous; I just funnel the money I would need to spend on microblading into electrolysis. :pb_lol:

• Haha 7

I'm glad I was too lazy to pluck my eyebrows when I was a teen ? My mom was always bugging me about it, but I stood firm. Until I was 17, and I caved and let the hair stylist wax my eyebrows. There was blood. I was horrified.

• I Agree 1
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, AmericanRose said:

I'm glad I was too lazy to pluck my eyebrows when I was a teen ? My mom was always bugging me about it, but I stood firm. Until I was 17, and I caved and let the hair stylist wax my eyebrows. There was blood. I was horrified.

I’ve never had anything waxed in my life! I thought it sounded much too painful. I’m old school. I shave or pluck. That’s it. I tried Nair and I gagged from the smell. It’s heinous! 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve never had anything waxed in my life! I thought it sounded much too painful. I’m old school. I shave or pluck. That’s it. I tried Nair and I gagged from the smell. It’s heinous! 

I was in favour of getting it over with... I did try waxing again a couple years ago, and yep. Still too painful!

• Upvote 3

I am a fan of sugaring, but it's still ripping hair out of yourself, so it's still painful. That said, I think it lasts longer than waxing for some reason. My poor co-worker recently had a terrible incident in which she had her mustache waxed, but the wax was too hot and burned her--but only right in the middle below her nose. So her burn looked like a Hitler mustache. Bless her, she was absolutely mortified.

A good hair removal person is worth their weight in gold. I adore mine.

• Upvote 7

On 8/25/2019 at 3:35 AM, Soulhuntress said:

And the chola brows?  Sweetie if you are a blonde they kind of imply a bad bad dye job. 

I like her brows and hair. She's very, very pretty (externally).

22 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

1. Society tries to shame women for their feminity. Society seeks out and elevates masculine women. "When you step into your femininity as a woman"... that seems redundant. But yeah, if you do that, you'll regain a sense of peace and vibrancy because you can 'turn out' and nurture and love on the ones around you. She intends for her channel to have women consider their femininity, to take time to further develop it, take time to explore it.

Really, Mrs Midwest? I have not noticed this at all. Certainly physically, the stereotypes of femininity are admired and advertised everywhere. So I'm guessing by "feminine" and "masculine" she means "housewife" versus "has a job." Maybe someone asked her if she was bored and she took this as a form of persecution.

There are always tradeoffs. You have to own them. She prioritizes homemaking; fine! You do you! But it becomes a problem if the only form of "approval" you'll accept as valid is everyone else making the same choice. That is not reasonable. People making their own choices is not the same as people criticizing yours.

3. The 3rd lie society tells women is to not consider their fertility window. Society says women aren't here just to make babies, and she thinks that's a sad and depressing way to look at the concept of motherhood. Instead of elevating motherhood, society tends to treat it like you're some sort of livestock just creating babies. 'They' don't like the science that says women are fertile from the time they had their first period, and it starts to go down when she's 25, 30, and again at 35. If you're a young woman planning to have babies after you've "done your career"... please reconsider that. Instead of using that career money for trips to Europe or a new house, you're going to be using it for fertility treatments or adoption. She's not encouraging teen pregnancy, she thinks pregnancy is best within marriage because she's a Christian.

This one I don't mind too much. Many, many women can and do have babies in their late thirties and beyond, but, equally, for many women, fertility drops sharply in the thirties, even, for some, early thirties, and it can be a devastating surprise. I would love to see our culture have better maternity/paternity leave policies and family-supportive systems so that it would be easier for those who want to to have children when youngish to do so.

6. Being at home sucks. It allows you to grow on an individual level... you can prepare to be a mother. There's propaganda that being a housewife is akin to being in jail. 

It's not really propaganda so much as people expressing discontent with their personal experiences. That's not "society" "criticizing" you, Mrs Midwest. That's individual people having their own experiences.

Mrs Midwest doesn't seem evil, like Lori Alexander. Just vapid and vain, and feeding into an ultimately toxic worldview.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Honestly liked  her at first and she seems sweet and naive,  but has become annoying lately. She keeps referring to her husband as husbear on ig and creepily records him and talks about how much she loves him. It seems a little forced to me. Also the stuff she retweets is downright misogynistic. How can she retweet these ? Especially the last one? How is she ok with what that man is saying ? 

60306AC4-581D-4637-ACE3-59341D985B3E.jpeg

BF5600E6-0147-4BF2-89F0-EBDFD3CF9CBA.jpeg

C488DD92-5845-4248-815B-069C33999A30.jpeg

9C611DBC-017B-48BC-93A4-C6688BECBE89.jpeg

• Disgust 4
  • WTF 11

1 hour ago, Missindependent said:

Honestly liked  her at first and she seems sweet and naive,  but has become annoying lately. She keeps referring to her husband as husbear on ig and creepily records him and talks about how much she loves him. It seems a little forced to me. Also the stuff she retweets is downright misogynistic. How can she retweet these ? Especially the last one? How is she ok with what that man is saying ? 

60306AC4-581D-4637-ACE3-59341D985B3E.jpeg

BF5600E6-0147-4BF2-89F0-EBDFD3CF9CBA.jpeg

C488DD92-5845-4248-815B-069C33999A30.jpeg

9C611DBC-017B-48BC-93A4-C6688BECBE89.jpeg

Oh, yikes! Yikes! The last one, yes, but also the one just before. Goodness, woman, have standards for YOURSELF!

• Upvote 8

50 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Oh, yikes! Yikes! The last one, yes, but also the one just before. Goodness, woman, have standards for YOURSELF!

What’s worse is the one before the last was tweeted by her. No grown up should refer to men as alphas and betas. So cringe. She probably reads the red pill reddit all day since she doesn’t do anything productive . Lol at cooking and cleaning being considered work. I do all that while having a job, it’s called being an adult. She’s just lazy and misogynistic. Really sad women still feel this way. She has even worse tweets out there. Probably loves trump and hates successful women. 

• Upvote 7

35 minutes ago, Missindependent said:

Lol at cooking and cleaning being considered work. I do all that while having a job, it’s called being an adult.

No need to hate on people who choose homemaking (provided they’re not demanding grift money or criticizing those who live differently). Being a “stay at home” doesn’t necessarily mean bored or unproductive; it depends. The cooking and cleaning can be a lot of work to do well (goodness knows I do it half-assed, and that’s not because I work but because I find it uninteresting). Plenty of stay-at-homes have hobbies, volunteer work, studies, art/writing, sports/gym, and/or high-need children, and cooking and cleaning can be quite enough. It can also be handy if one partner has an unpredictable high-stress job for the other to have “stay at home” flexibility (usually I’m the flexible one to my husband’s high-stress work, but when that temporarily reversed, he took a sabbatical to be the flexible one).

Her being “at home” isn’t a problem. Her being judgemental and empty-headed is the problem.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, Petronella said:

No need to hate on people who choose homemaking (provided they’re not demanding grift money or criticizing those who live differently). Being a “stay at home” doesn’t necessarily mean bored or unproductive; it depends. The cooking and cleaning can be a lot of work to do well (goodness knows I do it half-assed, and that’s not because I work but because I find it uninteresting). Plenty of stay-at-homes have hobbies, volunteer work, studies, art/writing, sports/gym, and/or high-need children, and cooking and cleaning can be quite enough. It can also be handy if one partner has an unpredictable high-stress job for the other to have “stay at home” flexibility (usually I’m the flexible one to my husband’s high-stress work, but when that temporarily reversed, he took a sabbatical to be the flexible one).

Her being “at home” isn’t a problem. Her being judgemental and empty-headed is the problem.

Yes I agree with most because my mom was a stay at home mom and then got a job . She still did most of the housework even while working and I do the same but I live alone. Nothing wrong with wanting to be a housewife and it’s work sure but I do all the house work and work 50 hour weeks. It’s not so much as some being lazy as it is others being more productive. I would have more respect for her if she did some volunteer work on her free time like I did when I was unemployed. I know it’s not for everyone but she always talks about being a good Christian and women giving back so I’m surprised she doesn’t do that .  All the SAHM I know volunteer at homeless and animal shelters. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

She quoted the maple nazi molyneux.  Lord have mercy. ?.   She would say she is an influencer so she is giving back?  

Edited by Soulhuntress
  • Upvote 1

JFC. I watched (tried to watch) her "spend Friday with me" video. She is SO BORING and totally self absorbed. So much preening. Look, I do work, but my day-to-day would look just as boring to folks which is why I don't film it for all to see. I didn't finish her video, so maybe it got more interesting, but my eyes were glazing over.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Blessings of the Corn said:

I didn't finish her video, so maybe it got more interesting, but my eyes were glazing over.

So, you would recommend it as a sleep aid to someone with insomnia? Hmm, maybe we have an untapped market here... :sleeping-sleeping:

• Haha 2

On 8/27/2019 at 1:50 PM, Missindependent said:

I am always a bit suspicious when couples - or one half of a couple - constantly talks about how much in love they are. I know there are the joyful oversharers out there, and certainly I give a pass to newly in love couples, but for longer term couples in general it comes across as protesting too much. Mothers/Fathers Day and birthdays, sure, very stressful situations - yeah I get saying how much you love your partner and what they do. Day to day ordinary living though most people seem to just get on with it without needing everyone to know that they are still hot as to their partner. I'm wondering if she would actually prefer to do something outside the home and is being blocked.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I am always a bit suspicious when couples - or one half of a couple - constantly talks about how much in love they are. I know there are the joyful oversharers out there, and certainly I give a pass to newly in love couples, but for longer term couples in general it comes across as protesting too much. Mothers/Fathers Day and birthdays, sure, very stressful situations - yeah I get saying how much you love your partner and what they do. Day to day ordinary living though most people seem to just get on with it without needing everyone to know that they are still hot as to their partner. I'm wondering if she would actually prefer to do something outside the home and is being blocked.

Yes I agree , the over the top affection seems forced. Anyway , she’s pretty and is anti feminist so I have no doubt she will become popular on YouTube with the red pill community. She does remind me of Dakota Johnson but I wish she would be more educated on modern feminism. Those women who look down on her choice of being a housewife are not real feminist and every movement will have toxic extreme people . I did notice she is making her videos longer now. She is definitely monetizing on them as they are longer then 10 minutes and have ads. She is also selling mechanics. Nothing wrong with that. I always support people making legal money even if it’s easy. I’m curious how her relationship will be like if she becomes really popular and starts making more money than her husband. They are traditional so he might not be ok with it, but then again, money changes people. 

• Upvote 2

Growing up in rural Michigan, I remember women who judged you no matter what you did. If you worked, your kids were suffering. If you stayed home, your husband was under too much pressure. Cooking, cleaning & raising kids were just what women did, job or no; men couldn't be expected to do such things, and if you didn't, you were a failure. You were also a failure if you didn't get married and have a kid by 25.

I also remember men who assumed young women were just 'sponging' off their husband's paychecks, and wasting their money. If informed the woman had a job, they assumed she earned a pittance and it wasn't worth her working.

I really feel Mrs. Midwest would like to go back to that mythical time in the 1950s when women "didn't work". It seems rather selfish to insist that you not work (she doesn't seem to be championing men's right to be stay-at-home-husbands) these days, when paychecks don't go as far as they used to. I really don't care what a couple decides, but it seems like something you should probably talk to your intended about, instead of just springing it on them as a potential dealbreaker. I wonder if she's ever addressed how to discuss you being a SAHW... and what to do if your fiancé / husband isn't into it? :think: 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

Growing up in rural Michigan, I remember women who judged you no matter what you did. If you worked, your kids were suffering. If you stayed home, your husband was under too much pressure. Cooking, cleaning & raising kids were just what women did, job or no; men couldn't be expected to do such things, and if you didn't, you were a failure. You were also a failure if you didn't get married and have a kid by 25.

I also remember men who assumed young women were just 'sponging' off their husband's paychecks, and wasting their money. If informed the woman had a job, they assumed she earned a pittance and it wasn't worth her working.

I really feel Mrs. Midwest would like to go back to that mythical time in the 1950s when women "didn't work". It seems rather selfish to insist that you not work (she doesn't seem to be championing men's right to be stay-at-home-husbands) these days, when paychecks don't go as far as they used to. I really don't care what a couple decides, but it seems like something you should probably talk to your intended about, instead of just springing it on them as a potential dealbreaker. I wonder if she's ever addressed how to discuss you being a SAHW... and what to do if your fiancé / husband isn't into it? :think: 

You have to watch this! (NSFW)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 5

These are in the same vein, but not as funny as the video @JermajestyDuggar posted.

Spoiler

mom_persisted.jpg.0751598611f53a41b53908b97493e333.jpg

Spoiler

she_persisted.jpg.526e08aa1c02f5612ea1b5f11dfdbef0.jpg

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
riffle
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 2

I, too, knew everything there was to know about marriage and the "care/keeping of husbands" when I'd been married a grand total of two years. *nods sagely*

And since she's just allllll about helpful household hints: Close ya toilet, hun, unless ya want fecal plume spraying all over that Instagram-ready house and fouling up the works. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

Yeah, I want to reiterate that it's not an issue (for me, in any case) that she's a stay-at-home-wife. It's that she really does not do much, or at least didn't in the "spend a day with me" -type videos that I watched. She throws in a load of laundry, goes for a bike ride, and then bakes something or makes butter. Sometimes she goes shopping. She self-admitted to having a tendency towards laziness and seems terrified of working. 

• Upvote 5

On 8/28/2019 at 6:49 PM, Soulhuntress said:

She quoted the maple nazi molyneux.  Lord have mercy. ?.   She would say she is an influencer so she is giving back?  

In case anyone here is not familiar with who Stefan Molyneux  is , here is some information . https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/stefan-molyneux      , 

If Mrs. Midwest is anything like Stefan Molyneux , then I think that my speculation about her seeming to resemble StelleBelle , whom I referenced in a previous post here in this thread , was even more spot on than I knew at the time .  

• Upvote 3

Every time I see this thread title I imagine that you guys are talking about Pitbull's less ambitious sister. Mr. Worldwide? Nah, just Mrs. Midwest.

• Haha 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic