IGNORED

Mrs Midwest

Timetraveler

9 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Oooh, boy. She saw the criticism video that was posted earlier and she is not taking it well. She talks about how she seems "robotically happy" because she is happy and emphasizes that her vlog is for everybody, regardless of beliefs and that she tries to make everyone feel welcome there. (You failed). She said she expected this kind of criticism, because staying at home is "weird."

No, staying at home is not “weird”, and that’s not what’s being said. Try this: criticizing people for not living exactly like you is RUDE.

It drives me crazy when people are rabid about *thing they do* being the ONLY WAY, and then when it’s rightly pointed out that people are also allowed to live other ways and do so quite happily, they respond as if what’s been said is, “the way you (Mrs Midwest) live is wrong.” They literally can’t tell the difference between “all these ways of living are fine; please be kinder” and “my way is right, yours is wrong.” They see only the second version in every interaction.

It’s maddening to have requests for loving understanding be interpreted as an escalation of competition.

• Upvote 11

9 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

IMG_3014.PNG

Guess she's not feeling so "blessed and encouraged" anymore lol. ?But what chores could she possibly have? Her videos seem like she does so little every day. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

19 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Oooh, boy. She saw the criticism video that was posted earlier and she is not taking it well. She talks about how she seems "robotically happy" because she is happy and emphasizes that her vlog is for everybody, regardless of beliefs and that she tries to make everyone feel welcome there. (You failed). She said she expected this kind of criticism, because staying at home is "weird." She also tries to make half-hearted jokes about being a "Stepford Wife." Mr. Midwest refuses to be on the video today.

Later on in the video, she talks about a box full of positive, life-giving things written on slips of paper that help her through hard times. Today's blog is about "coping when life throws you a curveball" or you're feeling "ashamed, in despair, or attacked." 

Then she makes bagels. She wants to know if you pronounce is BAY-GUL or BAG-UL. I have never heard anyone pronounce it the latter way. Her hair is down and it's uncomfortably close to the dough and it's gross. She goes to the library and says she loves Young Adult literature. Her favorite book is called Evening Class by Maeve Binchy. 

Oh, jesus. Then she tells us how she styles her pillows. I don't freakin' care so if you want her technique, you can go watch this yourself, I guess. Then she takes us to go see a Lake Michigan sunset. She gives a special thank you to people who support her, she says she thought she'd feel a lot more upset, but she feels "blessed and encouraged." Sure, Jan. 

Thank you for the recap Viola. She is such "nails on a chalkboard" that I can't stand watching her myself, but I think it's important to stay informed on what these people are spewing out into the world. And it's one less view.

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 1

On 8/22/2019 at 1:09 PM, luv2laugh said:

It looks like she went to Calvin College and before marrying, she was Caitlin Wikkerink.

I just recently discovered her Twitter page , which she had before she got married . In it I noticed that she mentioned she found her roommate at Calvin College to be attractive .  https://mobile.twitter.com/caitwikki/status/514275749596254208/photo/1   Now , to be fair , it might have just been an aesthetic attraction  , and their relationship might have simply been platonic .  It wasn't necessarily a " Boston marriage " .    Still I found the idea of Mrs. Midwest having been  in a possible womance to be interesting .  

1 minute ago, Marmion said:

I just recently discovered her Twitter page , which she had before she got married . In it I noticed that she mentioned she found her roommate at Calvin College to be attractive .  https://mobile.twitter.com/caitwikki/status/514275749596254208/photo/1   Now , to be fair , it might have just been an aesthetic attraction  , and their relationship might have simply been platonic .  It wasn't necessarily a " Boston marriage " .    Still I found the idea of Mrs. Midwest having been  in a possible womance to be interesting .  

I feel as though she's doubled-down on the traditionalism (not even going to say conservatism, because she was already conservative) when she got married and started the Youtube channel. Her earlier instagram stuff doesn't have the same desperate explanation of traditional gender roles and traditional values that her newer stuff does. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

22 minutes ago, Marmion said:

She seems to also talk about her SSA to another woman here (it's a comment from her reddit account), but states "it never happened again". Suuuuure. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/94t4yt/unwanted_samesex_attraction/e3nxd00/

• Thank You 5

There's something hilarious to me about her being on r/BlogSnark and then...well, here we are.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I feel as though she's doubled-down on the traditionalism (not even going to say conservatism, because she was already conservative) when she got married and started the Youtube channel. Her earlier instagram stuff doesn't have the same desperate explanation of traditional gender roles and traditional values that her newer stuff does. 

I think it may have to do with the fact that she was a small channel with few subscribers until a known misogynist by the name of YogiOAbs interviewed her on his channel as the ideal woman and doubled her viewership. His channel eventually got censored for hate speech and now he has a what he calls a “more professional channel” called YogiOAbs Reborn. He made a response video to the Jaclyn Glenn’s critique of Mrs. Midwest almost right away, of course, in defense of the latter. He isn’t as aggressive as he used to be, but if you’ve seen a few of his older videos, you know he is really messed up in his opinions of women. This guy has been a huge influence on her. I think she likes his attention. A few weeks ago she was even displaying that she can cook Indian dishes, and he is of Indian descent.... I might be reading too much into it, but I have a nagging suspicion that as much as she loves her husbear and all that he provides her for being a “modest” feminine woman, she’s also aware of her beauty and the attention it attracts. Of course she enjoys it. At two years of marriage, she is doing great, but believe me, LIVING the forever story is not at all as she portrays it as she will discover in 5, 10, 15 years, if she can make it that long without her popularity and the attention of guys getting to her head.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 5

35 minutes ago, savannahhmarie said:

I think it may have to do with the fact that she was a small channel with few subscribers until a known misogynist by the name of YogiOAbs interviewed her on his channel as the ideal woman and doubled her viewership. His channel eventually got censored for hate speech and now he has a what he calls a “more professional channel” called YogiOAbs Reborn. He made a response video to the Jaclyn Glenn’s critique of Mrs. Midwest almost right away, of course, in defense of the latter. He isn’t as aggressive as he used to be, but if you’ve seen a few of his older videos, you know he is really messed up in his opinions of women. This guy has been a huge influence on her. I think she likes his attention. A few weeks ago she was even displaying that she can cook Indian dishes, and he is of Indian descent.... I might be reading too much into it, but I have a nagging suspicion that as much as she loves her husbear and all that he provides her for being a “modest” feminine woman, she’s also aware of her beauty and the attention it attracts. Of course she enjoys it. At two years of marriage, she is doing great, but believe me, LIVING the forever story is not at all as she portrays it as she will discover in 5, 10, 15 years, if she can make it that long without her popularity and the attention of guys getting to her head.

You know, I was toying with the idea that Caitlin is what's referred to in the Red Pill community as a "TradThot," or a woman who takes on the characteristics of what is deemed ideal and traditional by the alt-right community to appeal to men and/or make money and/or gain social media followers. (As a side note, I do not approve of the name, but this is the misogynistic nomenclature they use and I'm afraid I can't avoid it in this situation). Your information seems to confirm that. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

You know, I was toying with the idea that Caitlin is what's referred to in the Red Pill community as a "TradThot," or a woman who takes on the characteristics of what is deemed ideal and traditional by the alt-right community to appeal to men and/or make money and/or gain social media followers. (As a side note, I do not approve of the name, but this is the misogynistic nomenclature they use and I'm afraid I can't avoid it in this situation). Your information seems to confirm that. 

Never heard that term before, but it makes total sense.

Below is the video that made her way more popular in that community. This guy has insane views— he even has a video where describes women past 30 as  prunes and talks about how women are at their most desirable in their late teens to early 20s. Anyway, he doesn’t talk about in this video, but he does in his channel. 

https://youtu.be/pQRicwhOrr0

10 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

See the similarities? That’s that guy’s Instagram, YogiOAbs.

6D845BE6-C933-46CD-9160-89951E33F1D5.png

F800A5A5-29AD-48AC-BD17-51DBD3115116.png

• Thank You 3

I started to watch the video you posted, but it's seriously toxic and the comments in the live chat are even worse. I've had a long day (of apparently not being as productive as Caitlin, per one comment...) and just can't take this tonight, but I'll watch it tomorrow. But my God, what a cesspool.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, savannahhmarie said:

In the first video you mentioned , she said that her primary influence has been Roosh V , and his website Return of Kings  .   

And here is where YogiOabs comments on  Jaclyn Glenn's critique of Mrs. Midwest  .   

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, Marmion said:

In the first video you mentioned , she said that her primary influence has been Roosh V , and his website Return of Kings  .   

And here is where YogiOabs comments on  Jaclyn Glenn's critique of Mrs. Midwest  .   

Thank you for posting the videos like this. Lol. I was at work and doing it from my phone, I was able to do only the link. Anyway, yep, that's her and that's Yogioabs Reborn.

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I started to watch the video you posted, but it's seriously toxic and the comments in the live chat are even worse. I've had a long day (of apparently not being as productive as Caitlin, per one comment...) and just can't take this tonight, but I'll watch it tomorrow. But my God, what a cesspool.

I looked up TradThot on Urban Dictionary, by the way. Oh wow. Yeah, I can see how someone might refer to her like that.

Edited by savannahhmarie
Embarrassing typo!
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Petronella said:

What does the “thot” in TradThot mean? Is it an abbreviation of thought, or an acronym of something, or some kind of pun?

Very unfortunately, it's an acronym used in teenage slang that stands for "that 'ho over there." It's vulgar, like "bitch" or "slut."

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/thot/

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

Her stories today. Sigh. Honestly, I think part of the reason I started following her is because she reminds me of me in my 20s. I was soooo bored and sleepy all the time from inertia!! My husband always at work, and when he was home he would play music like this, and I’d record him proudly. ?? Well, but the difference is that at least he takes her out on weekends, mine hardly did toward the end of our marriage. At age 30 I realized if I didn’t get out now, I would grow old at home without enjoying the things I want. Now I’m in my 30s, remarried a guy who enjoy travel and going out, and now I also work. Of course I wish I could stay home too, AND be able to afford everything I have with him that I didn’t with my ex. But I don’t and I wouldn’t take it back. Still, watching him gives me a mixture of nostalgia.

6B694FB5-B99A-4EB7-9834-826BD1BAC260.png

B830C5FE-C038-42A5-9DF4-74F27C260199.png

17 hours ago, savannahhmarie said:

Her stories today. Sigh. Honestly, I think part of the reason I started following her is because she reminds me of me in my 20s. I was soooo bored and sleepy all the time from inertia!! My husband always at work, and when he was home he would play music like this, and I’d record him proudly. ?? Well, but the difference is that at least he takes her out on weekends, mine hardly did toward the end of our marriage. At age 30 I realized if I didn’t get out now, I would grow old at home without enjoying the things I want. Now I’m in my 30s, remarried a guy who enjoy travel and going out, and now I also work. Of course I wish I could stay home too, AND be able to afford everything I have with him that I didn’t with my ex. But I don’t and I wouldn’t take it back. Still, watching him gives me a mixture of nostalgia.

6B694FB5-B99A-4EB7-9834-826BD1BAC260.png

B830C5FE-C038-42A5-9DF4-74F27C260199.png

"So sleepy lately". I wonder if she's pregnant, as fatigue can be an early sign. ?It'd be interesting to see how she'd handle real responsibility.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

For those who may be interested , and for what it's worth , I seem to have  stumbled upon her grandmother's obituary  , and from it have learned both her mother's name , and the denominational affiliation of the minister whom officiated at the funeral .  https://obits.mlive.com/obituaries/grandrapids/obituary.aspx?pid=180541406   ,  https://www.crcna.org/news-and-views/synod-2018-elects-officers  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kaluce said:

"So sleepy lately". I wonder if she's pregnant, as fatigue can be an early sign. ?It'd be interesting to see how she'd handle real responsibility.

Nah, I'm sure it's just her super jam-packed schedule and highly demanding days spent being super productive...

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, kaluce said:

I think she might be scared to ruin her figure. ? Conservatives usually have kids young, it’s interesting that being in her mid 20s she hasn’t had any yet. Well, it’ll be fun to see when it does. ?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, kaluce said:

That cretin Yogioabs has come out now with two Jaclyn Glenn v MrsMidwest reaction videos. I can't stomach his voice- has anyone given them a watch?

Yes. He’s a lot nicer on videos than he used to be because his first channel got censored. But yeah, he defends Mrs. Midwest, of course, she’s his ideal woman. ? Mrs. Midwest also made a video today today about how to dress femeninely casual. Innocent enough, but she always finds a way to insert her remarks without making it seem like she’s doing that. She said that women who start dressing more feminine will be attacked more by other women because they’re jealous. ? Sure, any time a woman criticizes another it means she’s jealous. Give me a break. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, kaluce said:

That cretin Yogioabs has come out now wJY h two Jaclyn Glenn v MrsMidwest reaction videos. I can't stomach his voice- has anyone given them a watch?

I just now finished watching the second one , the first I already posted earlier to this thread , if any of you want to go back and watch it .   

What I found to be most notable about his remarks was that he started out by quoting David Deida  , who stated that a man should never bother arguing with a woman , as supposedly women are too emotional to have a rational discussion with .  Well , I have noticed that David Deida , and quite possibly it might follow Yogi Oabs , is associated with Adidam   , which I will post a video about here .     

So , while he alleges that feminists have brainwashed women , he himself is seemingly setting out to brainwash people with his own cult teachings .  

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

52 minutes ago, savannahhmarie said:

Yes. He’s a lot nicer on videos than he used to be because his first channel got censored. But yeah, he defends Mrs. Midwest, of course, she’s his ideal woman. ? Mrs. Midwest also made a video today today about how to dress femeninely casual. Innocent enough, but she always finds a way to insert her remarks without making it seem like she’s doing that. She said that women who start dressing more feminine will be attacked more by other women because they’re jealous. ? Sure, any time a woman criticizes another it means she’s jealous. Give me a break. 

Yeaah. I wear dresses and skirts five or six days out of each week. I spent ten years as a housewife before going back to school. Right now my jealousy of Mrs. Midwest is absolutely zero, because I lived that life and it blew. And I wish she'd realize how awkward her video title sounds. "How to Dress Femininely Casual" could have been much better written as "How To Dress in a Feminine and Casual Way" or "Dressing Femininely in Casual Wear" or "Feminine Casual Wear" or really anything except what she named it. "Casual" is an adjective; she needs a noun in there somewhere. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic