IGNORED

Mrs Midwest

Timetraveler

6 minutes ago, kaluce said:

This woman has 84K subscribers and her mindblowing fashion advice is "wear a belt" "gloves help keep your hands warm in winter" How is her channel blowing up like this?

Could many of them be hate-watchers? 

I could only get through about 3 minutes of that video. It was mind-numbingly boring & stupid.

• Upvote 3

On 9/13/2019 at 12:51 PM, hoipolloi said:

Could many of them be hate-watchers? 

I could only get through about 3 minutes of that video. It was mind-numbingly boring & stupid.

I doubt that hate-watchers would go so far to subscribe though . I know that when I hate watched everyone from Evalion to Stell Belle , I didn't want to boost their subscription count , but merely to contribute to the comment section , by challenging what they were saying .   You don't have to subscribe to participate in conversations on YouTube . 

• I Agree 3

I get the feeling from the comments that her subscribers are quite young, which explain why a lot of her seemingly inane advice would go over well with that crowd. For example, if you’re 15 and never been on a diet, her diet “tips” would be actual information you might not have heard before. There’s a fair number of comments saying that she’s like a Disney Princess, which strikes me as a young-person thing to say. The only time I’ve used the words “Disney Princess” as a descriptor as an adult is when I went to a fish fry place and the squirrels there would come right up to you and eat French fries out of your hand. 

In any case, at 13-14, it’s possible that the young women who are watching this woman are looking at the stay-at-home-wife scenario as an extension of “some day my prince will come” and then I won’t have to work. But stay-at-homing and raising kids can have its own set of issues and is a hard gig full of challenges, too. I just think they’re not experienced enough to realize that yet, though. But Caitlin makes it look great—lazy day’s spent riding bicycles and baking bread. But as a 30-something, I’ve seen friends be isolated and depressed in these sorts of situations. I’ve seen scenarios where it blew up and now those friends are single moms trying to make it work with little job experience. So while it can be great, it does have draw-backs that have to be acknowledged so people can make a wise choice about what’s best for them. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Homemakers and women "being at home" are /not/ traditional, and never have been.  It's really important to be educated on the actual history of family development.

It's not wrong to want these things, or be excited about them (I myself was a stay at home mom for 18 years), but it's really important to separate the fantasy of this being "the norm/traditional" from the reality of the vast majority of women's experiences, especially in America.

A super fun and fast read that I recommend is The Way We Never Were by Stephanie Coontz, and then for even more interesting reading, read further through the many many many references she gives as part of that book.  A lot of what we perceive as "traditional 50s housewife" does not even accurately reflect the experiences of the women who were able to be housewives at that time, much less the experiences of the many more people who did not have access to that lifestyle--and it's even more important (ESPECIALLY in the context of being religious/conservative) to understand WHY there was an increased bubble of opportunity for some people to pursue that, and to note how most of those supports have been removed (both good and bad things).  It's also important to note that during that time it was legal to rape your wife, beat your kids, and women could not even open a bank account or get a credit card without a husband's permission too.  (yes, I know that has a lot of appeal in certain circles too).  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 6

Wow, look at how CLEAN that wedding ring is. Now that’s a woman who respects her man. 

Ohhh no. No, no, no. 

8FA8788A-A167-446F-BD36-C18774911065.png

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 5

I can’t believe this woman. She seems too air-headed and like Lori, probably believes it’s a woman’s fault if they have to work. It’s sad that she holds a grudge against her mother for working.

Forget the fact that husbands can divorce you, die, or end up permanently disabled. 

Many women that stayed at home after many years have little job experience and trouble finding employment. Some have to go back to school.

Unfortunately, we live in a society where women are punished by it if they work or stay home and then try to re-enter the workplace.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 6/17/2019 at 2:22 PM, The Mother Dust said:

Hide contents

I went there. The first two points she made actually weren't that bad - more like how not to be a douchebag asshat. Points 4 3 and 4 told me that she doesn't really know a whole lot about either feminism, or history, or society. 

Mostly though, all of the posing at the beginning reminds me of Tik Toks - lots of 12 year olds posing and miming to music in short clips.  

Edited by Katzchen24

On 9/13/2019 at 10:41 AM, Firefury14620 said:

Ok so I just did some sleuthing and I was able to figure out that she is probably still working. It looks like she works from her computer designing webpages and managing social media for different companies. She can do it all from home so she can technically be a homemaker to a certain extent.

Oh that is just splitting hairs on her part, seriously. If you asked 100 people in the community what a 'homemaker' does my guess would be 99 would specify unpaid work to do with the house and/or children. Not 'working from home' which is what she seems to be doing,  even if it's not full time.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Oh that is just splitting hairs on her part, seriously. If you asked 100 people in the community what a 'homemaker' does my guess would be 99 would specify unpaid work to do with the house and/or children. Not 'working from home' which is what she seems to be doing,  even if it's not full time.

And she portrays her family as living on a single income. Where I come from, and I imagine in Michigan as well, police officers don't get paid a whole heck of a lot--and especially not "stay-at-home" spouses-level rates. It's disingenuous to say "here we are making it work on a single salary" when they're just plain not on a single salary. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

New video dropped. Couldn't make.it 2 minutes! She complains about women taking over more masculine roles- "super heroes and assassins" and how those should be FoR MeN. Clicked right out after she said that society is basically bent on embarrassing men. V v MGTOW vibes. She posted about the video to Twitter where some of her more openly alt-right followers reside. Definitely think this is in lip service to them.  

• WTF 2
  • Thank You 2

On 9/13/2019 at 11:44 AM, kaluce said:

This woman has 84K subscribers and her mindblowing fashion advice is "wear a belt" "gloves help keep your hands warm in winter" How is her channel blowing up like this?

I'm going to be crude, so fair warning ... 

But I'd put money on them being wank-watchers.

MRAs, incels, other men who get off on watching a pretty young thing who says all the right things, does all the right things and looks exactly like they think a woman should look. They're fan-boys who are watching her not to learn but, erm, well. I've seen it happen so, so, so often since I started hate-reading the MRA/red pill world.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

And she portrays her family as living on a single income. Where I come from, and I imagine in Michigan as well, police officers don't get paid a whole heck of a lot--and especially not "stay-at-home" spouses-level rates. It's disingenuous to say "here we are making it work on a single salary" when they're just plain not on a single salary. 

If her profile is correct and she lives in Newaygo county, they could live on one income. Newaygo county has almost 18% poverty level and according to Zillow (grain of salt) the median home value in the county is $99,400. From what I have gleaned on here, they have family from that area so they could have purchased or been gifted a couple acres from a larger family tract, if the family has acreage. Also it will depend if he is a police officer for one of the small towns or the county. The county officers are paid better but he could also travel to Muskegon or the Grand Rapids area and be a police officer in a bigger town than the towns in Newaygo county. Another thing about police officers, many work OT or do side jobs for small towns (if they work for the county or a big city), side jobs could be event control at fairs or school sporting events to actually doing a shift or 2 each week when they are off from their primary job. 

• Thank You 2

I was googling her name to see if I could figure out what community she lives in, to better determine housing cost. And I found that she submitted this video to the news agency - https://www.mlive.com/weather/2019/01/mesmerizing-glass-waves-on-michigan-lake-brought-on-by-crazy-non-winter-listen-to-the-commotion.html 

It is a cool video but interesting she is seeking attention via news outlets too. 

Her public profile shows Whitehall, MI which is very close to Muskegon. Muskegon is a larger city, with big problems, a large police force, plus there is a state prison in that city, so they could live on one salary. And searching Whitehall on Zillow a person can purchase a 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath house (easily) for under $200k. 

Oh, and she went to Calvin College (linkedin)- which is Christian Reformed in denomination and in Betsy Devos' back yard over on the East side of Grand Rapids. 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
edit to add her college. - sorry if I am repeating what others have said, i have skimmed most of the 6 pages & didn't see a lot of this info.
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

I just cannot with her anymore. We need a balance of masculine and feminine. She’s just trying to appeal to the loser mgtow crowd. She doesn’t understand that they will never respect women. Oh well. Let her learn the hard way. Shes almost 25 which is to old for them. They prefer teenage girls. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

It is possible to live on one income in places like Whitehall. You can make it work almost anywhere (except California and most of New York), you just have to be smart with money and not live above your means. However, it seems that they aren't living on one income and she does freelance work from home for other businesses, which is pretty disingenuous considering the message that she tries to push in her videos and on her blog.

Regarding her college, I'm Christian Reformed but Calvin College is way over the top in their doctrinal teachings. They would be considered extremists even in the Christian Reformed community, which people say is pretty extremist already. That would explain some of her weird statements and why she despises her mom so much for not staying home. It also may explain why her mom was so against her marrying her current husband if he believed in the extreme stuff taught at Calvin College. They do trips to Israel, which isn't a bad thing, but they destroy the religious significance of Israel for the students with their extremist doctrine and bring them to beliefs that are not supported by the Bible. I rarely take people with a degree from Calvin seriously, especially if they claim it as a significant part of their spiritual journey.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

A little more digging during lunch and I found where they live (not going to publish but it is public record). According to Zillow (take with a grain of salt), the house last sold for $140k. That house price is very easy to afford on one salary. 

32 minutes ago, Firefury14620 said:

However, it seems that they aren't living on one income and she does freelance work from home for other businesses, which is pretty disingenuous considering the message that she tries to push in her videos and on her blog.

I agree Eleventy!!!1!!!1 percent! Along with everything said about Calvin. I met 2 girls from there at our family Easter one year. They were invited by the family that was hosting Easter. These 2 girls were hung over or might have still been drunk yet they were "better than others" Christians. :pb_rollseyes: 

While looking into her more - I saw this article: https://www.theepochtimes.com/embracing-the-life-of-a-traditional-homemaker-a-conversation-with-mrs-midwest_2923528.html 

1. (from the article) The picture of her in the kitchen. That is not the kitchen in her house. That looks like a traditional lake or hunting cabin set up. Both are easy to find in Michigan but disingenuous when saying homemaker and her real kitchen is a clean, modern kitchen with up-to-date full size appliances and counter space. (The house I found is not huge but plenty big for a young couple and family.) 

2. The picture of her with the sewing machine. Again, that room doesn't exist in the house I found. Secondly, anybody that sews knows you don't wrap the fabric around your arm as you feed it through the sewing machine. WTH? 

3. The pictures of her with white background living room(?) that looks more like her own home. 

4. The Epoch Times is the writer of the article and they are a staunch supporter of the Orange menace. About the Epoch Times: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times 

39 minutes ago, Firefury14620 said:

That would explain some of her weird statements and why she despises her mom so much for not staying home. It also may explain why her mom was so against her marrying her current husband if he believed in the extreme stuff taught at Calvin College.

I need to read more about this but if her mom/parents were against the extreme stuff at Calvin, then why did they allow her to attend? I tell my daughters all the time why they can't attend certain schools (besides being WAY too expensive if they are private). I don't want to put them in a situation where they always have to defend their "normal" beliefs. 

As for her beef with her mom, I need to read more, but I bet Caitlin is making it a big deal so she has a better testimony of how "hard" her life was growing up. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

17 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Seems as though her husband, Grant, is a state trooper.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2017/02/meet_michigans_28_new_state_po.html

Well then, he isn't a poor small town cop. State troopers make good money. Interesting he is from Clarkston (Metro Detroit), from bestplaces.net - half of those that identify as religious in Clarkston are Catholic - 

Spoiler

Religion in Village of Clarkston, Michigan

50.6% of the people in Village of Clarkston are religious:
- 2.4% are Baptist
- 0.6% are Episcopalian
- 25.2% are Catholic
- 2.7% are Lutheran
- 3.1% are Methodist
- 1.0% are Pentecostal
- 1.6% are Presbyterian
- 0.4% are Church of Jesus Christ
- 9.1% are another Christian faith
- 3.0% are Judaism
- 0.5% are an eastern faith
- 0.8% affilitates with Islam

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe that’s why he shows away from her social media. I know some people in law enforcement that like to stay off of social media mostly. 

All the police officers I know stay away from social media unless it is a public police officer page. Most do not have their own presence and if they do it is locked down. 

Found Caitlin's maiden name. Found two prezis that Caitilin made -  one made by her about the religions in the Caribbean (2014), another about French fashion (2014). I assume both were college assignments. https://prezi.com/gualey-ysh6q/cuba/ 

One of her cousins about their grandfather's immigration to Canada. What is Caitlin's stance on immigration? Or does she not voice her opinion on that subject? 

Several searches also brought up family obituaries and it appears the entire family is (or was) CRC, so I doubt the parents have a problem with Calvin College. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

59 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I need to read more about this but if her mom/parents were against the extreme stuff at Calvin, then why did they allow her to attend? I tell my daughters all the time why they can't attend certain schools (besides being WAY too expensive if they are private). I don't want to put them in a situation where they always have to defend their "normal" beliefs. 

From what I have read on her  LinkedIn  , the high school she graduated from, Quinte Chistian School  , quoted Abraham Kuyper  , so make of that what you will . But it could also possibly be that she might have worked her way through college , and /or was granted a scholarship .  And to cite a personal familial anecdote , my Calvinist fundamentalist cousin , the one who , for the sake of reference ,  created these two blogs http://puritancalvinist.blogspot.com  , https://otrmin.wordpress.com  , has parents whom as I understand it do not altogether concur with his Christian Reconstructionist   worldview .  And I am not sure how much , if any , financial support he might have received from them .   

• Thank You 4

11 minutes ago, Marmion said:

From what I have read on her  LinkedIn  , the high school she graduated from, Quinte Chistian School  , quoted Abraham Kuyper  , so make of that what you will . But it could also possibly be that she might have worked her way through college , and /or was granted a scholarship .  And to cite a personal familial anecdote , my Calvinist fundamentalist cousin , the one who , for the sake of reference ,  created these two blogs http://puritancalvinist.blogspot.com  , https://otrmin.wordpress.com  , has parents whom as I understand it do not altogether concur with his Christian Reconstructionist   worldview .  And I am not sure how much , if any , financial support he might have received from them .   

Thanks for the info. I missed the fact she posted where she graduated HS. So she grew up in Ontario. Based on her cousin's presentation, I wonder if the entire family is Canadian and some came over to Michigan. 

Per LinkedIn she received the CRC Scholarship, Dean's Scholarship (up to $12,000) & Maple Leaf Scholarship in Sept 2013. I can't find information on the 2 scholarships that I didn't include a monetary amount and of course her LinkedIn profile doesn't indicate if the scholarships continued. And you are right, she could have used financial aide or worked through college but that would probably depend on her citizen status. Also tuition and fees for Calvin College in 2013-2014 academic year was $41,195/year to live on campus and $28,250 for just tuition and fees. https://www.collegetuitioncompare.com/trends/calvin-college/cost-of-attendance/ If her parents didn't support her during college, my guess is she has a lot of student debt because the dean's scholarship (if she got it every year) didn't even cover 1/2 of the tuition and fees. 

• Thank You 4

Apparently state troopers in Michigan make a starting salary of $44,000. I can't imagine they have student loans if they're both living off that and own a home. Especially $28, 250 a school year student loans for two people. She also desperately needs to see about getting her money back. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Well I just recently went onto YouTube , and lo and behold Jaclyn Glenn just made a react video addressing Mrs. Midwest . I think that Caitlin Huber has finally arrived .  

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

25 minutes ago, Marmion said:

Well I just recently went onto YouTube , and lo and behold Jaclyn Glenn just made a react video addressing Mrs. Midwest . I think that Caitlin Huber has finally arrived .  

I've never heard of Jaclyn Glenn, so thank you for finding posting this here @Marmion. She poses a good question - in which universe is Mrs Midwest punk rock?? Seriously?

It's like JillRod and Lori Alexander hate-fucked and had a fluffy blonde baby. The hair, the makeup, the fake smile, the hatred of college and women with careers. It's all there in blindingly white-toothed glory. 

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic