IGNORED

Lori 67: Stop reading - it'll give you ideas

16 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Sometimes I needed a crate.

That made me laugh out loud! I could have used a crate when my kids were little ? 

@Briefly, responding to your good wishes a few pages back. Thank you! I took my son to the doctor and they ran a pulmonary function test on him. Apparently, he doesn't have asthma.... he got some new medication for his hayfever and is doing better. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Lori, yesterday:

876365201_right9.thumb.PNG.70375df8a52cda43a107fc00082a10e4.PNG

Lori, today (gossiping about Beth Moore) :

1291788254_right10.PNG.32be5de2cb970638cddac7443132712c.PNG

Lori 3 days ago (trashing Sarah Young...again...for the millionth time) :

Face it, Lori-  You're a busybody and a gossip.  You spend your days eating week old salad, so you have plenty of time to monitor the internet, and thus feed your incessant need to control as many people as you can, and talk shit about the rest.

And for the love of god quit complaining about people "scolding you".  You sound like a foolish child when you say that.

Edited by Koala
  • Upvote 19
  • Love 2

33 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori, today (gossiping about Beth Moore) :

And here you have the passage she quotes from, in context. Lori's bit is in bold. 

As I urged you when I was going to Macedonia, remain at Ephesus so that you may charge certain persons not to teach any different doctrine,4 nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies, which promote speculations rather than the stewardship[a] from God that is by faith. 5 The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 Certain persons, by swerving from these, have wandered away into vain discussion, 7 desiring to be teachers of the law, without understanding either what they are saying or the things about which they make confident assertions.

First, It was an exhortation to certain persons. Of course, the instruction is still valid for believers who wish to teach. Like Lori!  She should heed the reason for the charge and pay attention to the behavior of these certain persons: they had left the law of love and desired to be teachers of the law, without understanding what they were saying or the things they were making confident assertions about.... 

kind of like Lori... she makes confident assertions about women not working outside of the home; she makes speculations concerning the non-historic woman of Proverbs 31; she happily teaches women that they are responsible for the eternal destination of their husbands' souls; she gleefully discusses the nature of women with other men... 

I think Lori should take that passage to heart. It seems to be talking about her.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

Lori's food is disgusting. Everything in that soup pot is way overcooked. I bet there isn't a grain of salt in it either. And with lots of onions and garlic in it, I hope she has a lot or organic mints on hand!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

@Koala LOVE your GSD baby!!! My favorite breed. I seriously can't wait to have a yard so we can have a dog. I'm all about GSD or GSD/x pups. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

This is rich.  A racist teaching what a virtuous woman should be. 

image.png.2dfb0ea887fc69bec0dcca3592857ee6.png

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

Another day, another jerk posting on Lori's FB.

sigh.thumb.JPG.16cafe67e2c8518067227b76ffa225bd.JPG

At least there is one response to this comment that has some wisdom!

wisdom.thumb.JPG.5bebae416e23e0dae26d46764511d6d3.JPG

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

Dear Jeff:

Alone is better than with a 'man' like you.  Been there, done that, and I was absolutely fine.  The only reason I'm not alone now is that I found a man who wants to be with me, who is much, MUCH better than an asshole like you. 

Sincerely,

Woman who doesn't NEED a man. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 12

I WANTED my husband. I never NEEDED him. I'll be alone soon enough and have NO intention of finding another man. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 23

2 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

So it’s wrong for a woman to not need a man, but perfectly okay for a man to not need a woman? ?‍♀️ 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

@wallysmommy, was a sweet boy.  He had such a sweet face and such bright eyes.

@Koala, he is a beauty.  I love GSD. They are so smart and so goofy.

• Upvote 4

He later stated this. And I believe this is how you know these guys are narcissistic assholes. They can use women all they want but they won't settle for a woman until she diminishes herself to meet their standard. She has to be less so they can feel good about themselves. No willingness to meet somewhere where they're at, no respect for another person's interests, just selfish desire to be in control. 

Also featured: raging racism. Any time someone refers to "women in the west" in such a way it's because they assume Asian women are submissive. These guys will hunt for Asian wives because they want someone to control. They also want the youthful, thin wife that they believe an Asian woman would be.  But what that means is finding Asian immigrants that they can marry and take advantage through potential language barriers and lack of community. Using isolation they get the wife of their dreams. Perhaps it's a little dramatic to assume that from a phrase but I believe this is their attitude. 

image.png

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

If guys like Jeff were my only option I would stay single. I can do it all without him. I can adopt kids if I want some or get a sperm donor if I want some of my own. I can work to pay all of my bills. I know how to fix things around the house and can call someone if needed. I can also please myself, I know I’m evil because I masturbate ?. Don’t need to be treated as less then just so I have someone. I also have two dogs that love me more than any human ever will. That’s all I need. Fortunately I am with someone who values me and wants to be with me as much as I want to be with him. If he didn’t I would be single. Being single is okay too! 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 8

Why does that bozo think that men are OK alone and women are not? Actually, it's single men that have the shorter lifespans, if I recall correctly.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I was in the middle of having a snack and read this. I thought I'd share the nausea.

gag.thumb.PNG.0254549c840288a02b79a5a6eca75cc8.PNG

• WTF 9

7 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

He later stated this. And I believe this is how you know these guys are narcissistic assholes. They can use women all they want but they won't settle for a woman until she diminishes herself to meet their standard. She has to be less so they can feel good about themselves. No willingness to meet somewhere where they're at, no respect for another person's interests, just selfish desire to be in control. 

Also featured: raging racism. Any time someone refers to "women in the west" in such a way it's because they assume Asian women are submissive. These guys will hunt for Asian wives because they want someone to control. They also want the youthful, thin wife that they believe an Asian woman would be.  But what that means is finding Asian immigrants that they can marry and take advantage through potential language barriers and lack of community. Using isolation they get the wife of their dreams. Perhaps it's a little dramatic to assume that from a phrase but I believe this is their attitude. 

image.png

The sentence "You name it and we are maxing it out" makes me want to hurl.  That's why they are single.  Too busy "maxing out" masculinity.

• Upvote 8

14 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

Ha, it's funny he should say this because studies have actually shown that men suck at being alone while women thrive alone. I read an article a while back that evidence shows that men are much more likely to quickly re-marry after a divorce or after losing a spouse than women. I think the theory behind it was that women are (more) used to taking care of themselves, while men aren't and are more likely to need and seek someone to (help) take care of them.
I'm going to try if I can find that article again.

Edit: found this Huffpost article 

From the article: "[...]more men say "I do" again after divorce. and they're quicker to say it, too, according to the recent Census report "Marital Events of Americans: 2009." 
According to history and gender studies professor Hugo Schwyzer, "A working woman doesn't necessarily want to "walk right back into the same sort of situation from which she just extricated herself," he said, and the unequal distribution of household chores may have something to do with it. He also wonders about the marriageability of men: "I'm convinced that one reason that so many divorced women are so reluctant to remarry (and so many women unwilling to marry in the first place) is that frankly, marriage doesn't seem to be a very appealing deal for most women"
"studies indicate that women are often a lot happier after divorce, and since more middle-aged women seek divorce then men, Schwyzer may have a point -- why walk back into the same situation indeed"
(If you follow the link to the article, the article also links to these studies)

Edited by Marly
  • Upvote 12

Sometimes I stay away from this thread for weeks because it makes me sick. Imagine spending your life surrounded by all this hate. Imagine hating women so much that you think they need to suffer just because they are women. Asking them to erase themselves completely for the "good" of one other person (because I don't count beating children and denying them education as being good for them).  What a sad way to live...

Also, Jeff, sorry to break it to you buddy. There are plenty of women around the world who handle being alone just fine. They don't need you AND they don't want you.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Marly said:

more men say "I do" again after divorce. and they're quicker to say it, too, according to the recent Census report "Marital Events of Americans: 2009." 

My anecdotal evidence agrees.  I've been on and off dating sites and talked to dozens and dozens of guys in the last 6 years.   I saw a pattern early on - most guys who come out of a long term marriage jump right back into either marriage or  move her in with them fast.  Then it is over within a year.    I am now wary of guys who haven't done that, because I don't want to be the bungee woman - the one they bounced to right after, looking for their security and patterns to be replaced.  And weirdly, she was never the same as his ex.  I had one guy who wanted to dress me like his ex - she always wore X and he begged and begged to just 'try it!'   And no, it wasn't sexy unders, it was overalls.   

And yes, the hatred of both women and children who aren't totally submissive, quiet and non questioning runs deep and is very scary.  

• Upvote 11

I can't cite specific older studies, but I think I remember hearing that marriage benefits men, men have a harder time living alone, marriage lengthens men's lives and shortens women's, etc., for at least 30 years.

So it's not like it's even a new revelation - these faux-tough dudes just don't want to face it. And what are they doing blustering about it on Lori's blog (and probably lots of other places)? It seems to me that a truly confident person would just go about their business, staying alone or finding a spouse.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

35 minutes ago, Cora Persephona said:

Sometimes I stay away from this thread for weeks because it makes me sick.

I get this, sometime I have to leave this thread alone for a bit because I don't need the stress. Lori Alexander, Ken Alexander, and their followers exemplify the worst of what Christianity has to offer. I think about this sometimes, how the worst aspect of being "religious" is a militancy that justifies horrible treatment of other human beings in the name of God.  Like being loyal to God demands rigidity and unloving behavior toward his creation. Like there is no possibility that you could be wrong, creating a smugness that I find so offensive. I bet Lori Alexander rarely prays for guidance. 

Quite a bit of this attitude is due to blind acceptance of the bible as being infallible, with no understanding of how translated versions came to be. Although God is a spirit and existed before there was language or books, these type of Christians place no stock in the Holy Spirit and place simple-minded trust in words, particularly the hurtful harmful ones. I have no problem with the good stuff, such as Jesus telling us that love is most important, and  that doing things without love doesn't mean shit. I also like the part about take the plank out of your own eye before telling somebody else to take the toothpick out of theirs. These are useful concepts that improve human relations.

It's ironic to me that Protestants now embody what was objected to so strenuously in Catholicism. Now, instead of one pope, there are however many hundreds of thousands if not millions of ministers, pastors, whatever, demanding loyalty and unquestioning acceptance with little accountability.  Zillions of denominations all have their own rules and regulations, and all think theirs are correct. I'm not Catholic, by the way. 

Sorry for the long post. Love does not hurt, Lori Alexander. Stop hiding your hate and contempt behind God. 

18 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

And yes, the hatred of both women and children who aren't totally submissive, quiet and non questioning runs deep and is very scary.  

Lori Alexander actually promotes an almost kink like submissiveness without a safe word, when she isn't submissive worth a damn. She isn't modest, she is none of that shit she spouts. Whatever she does is justified because she is an exception, but not the rest of you dirt poor women whose homes are now jails. God has nothing to do with any of the stuff she puts out. And her food is nasty, BEC but I don't care. 

Edited by SilverBeach
typo
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Quite a bit of this attitude is due to blind acceptance of the bible as being infallible, with no understanding of how translated versions came to be.

I have to admit that what most shocked me when I first started reading about fundies was the belief that the bible was meant to be taken literally. Jesus taught by using parables, but we are meant to read the bible literally? This still goes over my head sometimes, to be honest.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, Cora Persephona said:

I have to admit that what most shocked me when I first started reading about fundies was the belief that the bible was meant to be taken literally. Jesus taught by using parables, but we are meant to read the bible literally? This still goes over my head sometimes, to be honest.

16 minutes ago, Cora Persephona said:

Fundies, unlike the Jewish tradition Jesus was raised in, do not believe in vigorous study of the scriptures and robust debate about them. Fundies have an almost anti-intellectual approach to their faith, and seem to revel in their ignorance. When they do study, it is just material from their echo chamber, like Jehovah Witnesses. Simple minded folks like Lori Alexander and Jill Rodrigues love this. I can be oh-so-holy with little effort. Not everyone needs to be a theologian or acquire a MDIV, but damn, how about putting in a little effort to examine your beliefs? We cannot  accurately read the bible literally because we have translations of translations of original texts written in ancient cultures, some of which are of questionable origin.  I do not believe in sola scriptura, which has turned the bible into an idol and the fourth part of the godhead in many denominations. 

Edited by SilverBeach
remove double post
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic