IGNORED

Lori 67: Stop reading - it'll give you ideas

4 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

yes because of book of stories fixes everything! Hungry and no food? Read the Bible. Depressed? Read the Bible. Tired and can’t sleep? Read the Bible. Broke and no money for the bills? Read the Bible. 

If this is not proof that she wants people who don't do what she says to die, I don't know what is. Why didn't you pray the tumour and the maybe-parasites away, Lori? Is the Bible not enough for you?

• Upvote 11

Lori’s Facebook post this morning, as of a moment ago, had eleven comments. Nine of them are from men. But she ONLY TEACHES WOMEN, PEOPLE!

Also, Lori was not offended by foul language when she was fawning all over Cabinet Man’s blog. She also is not offended when her readers call women whore, slut...all those words she and her followers love to toss around. 

Conversational Detour: Alyssa’s friends threw her a baby shower yesterday. I wonder if Lori felt well enough to go or if one of her mystery illnesses flared up. Or if she was invited....

• Upvote 12

9 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

yes because of book of stories fixes everything! Hungry and no food? Read the Bible. Depressed? Read the Bible. Tired and can’t sleep? Read the Bible. Broke and no money for the bills? Read the Bible. 

Jesus addressed the practical needs of people, remember the loaves and fishes story Lori? It's just ignorant and foolish to say the gospel will fix anything. Many churches have addiction ministries, counseling ministries, and of course Lori Alexander herself goes to conventional doctors (sometimes).  Ridiculous.

6 hours ago, onemama said:

An addict who is a Christian needs to find comfort in God's love, mercy and grace. 

The God of love, mercy, and grace doesn't exist in the world of Lori and Ken Alexander and their sycophants. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 11

I hate that "I'll pray for you" thing.

Yep, praying for someone doesn't require an announcement beforehand.

• Upvote 13

According to one of her comments yesterday, she was not a godly wife until she was rebuked reading Debi Pearl's book.  Nothing in the Bible evidently rebuked her when she was a rebellious wife, as she calls herself.  It took a nutcase's book to rebuke her.  I would love to see her spend one day with the Pearls on their farm. 

Ali Ch -- gotta be a sock account or it's someone who has their FB locked tighter than a drum.  This person never relates any personal information, just parrots back what Lori says.  The FB page is 4 random pictures from Charlotte, NC - skyline, basketball team, football team (that pic is now gone), and the Bible.  Only likes Tucker Carlson. and a whole slew of likes for books, tv shows, radio shows, and conservative groups.  I don't think it's Lori because she's not smart enough or wouldn't spend enough energy to make a fake account like a whole bunch of conservative groups in North Carolina.  

And finally, this meme is for all of my FJ friends -- those of us who use bad language and have been told by one of the sycophants that we will spend our lives at home with a glass of wine and our vibrator.

Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 10.19.46 AM.png

• Upvote 7
  • Love 12

Maybe one day I will find that love and will be able to reach out to the very troubled people in society.

I appreciate your honesty, unfortunately many churchgoers fall short in this regard. I find it helps if, when I am around the least of these as Jesus put it, to see Jesus in their faces and understand that love is not optional, it is a form of worship and is one of the two great commandments.  It's so easy to love the good looking, well dressed members of your congregation.  Takes no spiritual muscle at all. The homeless  are so often treated as invisible that any recognition of their humanity is appreciated. Your husband is really following Christ. It may also help to follow your husband's example, just start with a simple hello, how are you? I am empath and wanted to take the children home for a hot bath (my former church did women and children only shelter). I wanted to know how everybody landed in their present circumstances, and if they were aware of resources to get them off the street.  You may never lead the homeless ministry, but you can indeed grow in this area. We had volunteers that prepared food and did behind the scenes work, which is also valuable. 

Book recommendation: The Hole in our Gospel

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 10

27 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

According to one of her comments yesterday, she was not a godly wife until she was rebuked reading Debi Pearl's book.  Nothing in the Bible evidently rebuked her when she was a rebellious wife, as she calls herself.  It took a nutcase's book to rebuke her.  I would love to see her spend one day with the Pearls on their farm. 

Ali Ch -- gotta be a sock account or it's someone who has their FB locked tighter than a drum.  This person never relates any personal information, just parrots back what Lori says.  The FB page is 4 random pictures from Charlotte, NC - skyline, basketball team, football team (that pic is now gone), and the Bible.  Only likes Tucker Carlson. and a whole slew of likes for books, tv shows, radio shows, and conservative groups.  I don't think it's Lori because she's not smart enough or wouldn't spend enough energy to make a fake account like a whole bunch of conservative groups in North Carolina.  

And finally, this meme is for all of my FJ friends -- those of us who use bad language and have been told by one of the sycophants that we will spend our lives at home with a glass of wine and our vibrator.

I'd take a glass of wine and a vibrator over Kenny Boy any day.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 12

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

have been told by one of the sycophants that we will spend our lives at home with a glass of wine and our vibrator.

You say that like it’s a bad thing...

• Haha 15

If you look at Ali Ch’s profile from a web browser, you can see her username. I stumbled across it last night and did some digging when I couldn’t sleep. For some reason it doesn’t show up via the app. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

If you look at Ali Ch’s profile from a web browser, you can see her username. I stumbled across it last night and did some digging when I couldn’t sleep. For some reason it doesn’t show up via the app. 

Thank you.  Found it by putting my mouse over her user name.  I didn't find much in my Googling her profile name.

• Upvote 2

This cracked me up and sounds worlds better than spending time loving like Lori and Ken. 

ETA: I meant “living” like Lori and Ken but my autocorrect had it’s own mind and I’ll just leave it there... 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Liza said:

@louisa05   How, exactly did they word this?  They did not actually say it, did they?  What level did you teach because, to be sure, analysis of literature starts in  high school, no? and it would be impossible to NOT analyze literature in college.  Hmmn, maybe that is why they discourage colleges  lest they start to analyze and think.  It seems so dishonest.  A house is built on straw, it will crumble.

Oh, they said it quite directly. "If they learn to question texts, they'll question the Bible". 

I taught high school English there. Along with drama, history and American government. 

This school encouraged college. But pushed kids toward (evangelical) Christian colleges, often ones with "Bible" in the name. Never unaccredited ones. It had been affiliated with an Assembly of God church. When the church wanted to close it, a group of parents took it over and it was technically "parent-owned" and run by a board. It was, in name, "interdenominational", but not every denomination was welcome. Only certain sects of Lutherans and Presbyterians were welcome, no Catholics, no Episcopalians, no Methodists, etc...The Assembly of God (which had a large presence and influence on the school) at that time ( mid to late 90s) didn't emphasize gender roles so much (no idea if they've jumped on that bandwagon now or not) and most of their churches do not exclude women from clergy or leadership. Two of the three principals in my time there were women. They never pushed girls away from pursuing college and when some girls married straight out of high school and got no further education, most of the staff considered it a bad decision.  There were working mothers on the staff and there were no misgivings about that. Another Christian school in the area doesn't allow women on staff who have children under 6 and doesn't allow women on staff to have leadership roles--department chairs, head coaches, and, of course, administrative positions are all for males. 

In spite of all that, though, the school I taught at had other problems. And the atmosphere was borderline cultic and spiritually abusive to staff and students. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

45 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Oh, they said it quite directly. "If they learn to question texts, they'll question the Bible". 

::snip::

45 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

In spite of all that, though, the school I taught at had other problems. And the atmosphere was borderline cultic and spiritually abusive to staff and students. 

I hear this so much. I taught intermediate grades in a Christian school  and it was only ever grammar and basic comprehension skills. I teach much more critical thinking now in a public school primary classroom than I ever did there.

It was also an incredibly emotionally and spiritually abusive environment. To be honest, I’m not entirely sure my time there can ever be undone. The big bad public school world I was told about ended up being nothing but exaggerations and flat out lies.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

So .... they KNOW that the Bible is NOT innerrant and they are afraid.  How does one do this?  You have to really ignore the reality of what you read.   Has to mess up your mind a bit.   

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

n spite of all that, though, the school I taught at had other problems. And the atmosphere was borderline cultic and spiritually abusive to staff and students. 

And, that is why I don't go to Church.  Even though the RCC does not read the Bible literally, they have the Catechism which tells you what to believe and what to think.  The RCC is also spiritually abusive (8 years of Catholic school) and alot of fear. 

I am sorry you had that bad experience @louisa05  I dont think public schools are evil at all.  I managed to get a decent education and so did both my daughters.  

TBH, I think of people like Lori as loons.  I don't understand most of what she is saying but, then again, I was not brought up Evangelical/Fundamentalist. 

I did have a friend who was one, and things did not work out because she said that as an RCC  and ... wait for it ... for not believing every single word in the Bible is true ... that I was slated for Hell.  This went on a couple of years and I started to feel scared of hell and other things.  I had never even heard of this kind of Christianity before meeting this friend.  She was trying to "save my soul".   So one day, I gave her my real thoughts on these matters (I am, I guess, a Progressive Christian ... closest to that line of thinking)   ...   and we never spoke again, as if I  had committed a crime or Satan had me (another thing I dont believe in).

I came to Free Jinger to learn more about Fundamentalism because of it and am so glad I did because that woman blindsided me and I was scared.  Not anymore.  I am forever grateful to all the people on this site for the education I received here.  As I learned more and read more about it all, I realized that  'Fundamentalism is fundamentally  wrong' . (Keith Ward's words not mine).  

I think my mother had it right.  Focus on what Jesus taught, put it into your life as much as you can, and you will be okay.  People like Lori who talk about Jesus, but that preach hate, are not walking the talk.  

So thank you all!!!

Edited by Liza
  • Upvote 11

Just now, Liza said:

So .... they KNOW that the Bible is NOT innerrant and they are afraid.  How does one do this?  You have to really ignore the reality of what you read.   Has to mess up your mind a bit.   

And, that is why I don't go to Church.  Even though the RCC does not read the Bible literally, they have the Catechism which tells you what to believe and what to think.   I am sorry you had that bad experience.  I dont think public schools are evil at all.  I managed to get a decent education and so did both my daughters.  I will admit I don'

I attended both public and Catholic schools growing up. I took AP literature in Catholic school and learned to read texts critically quite well there in both AP class and regular classes. I taught critical thinking in my classes at that school, not that it was easy. My colleague in the English department did the same. And she remained there until the school closed and moved to another similar school. Just because that's what we were told doesn't mean that we had to abide by it. The people pushing for that weren't in the room day to day; some weren't even in the building. 

I did not teach at that school because I thought public schools were evil. I went to public school from K-6. My mother worked in a public school most of my life. When I graduated from college, there were not as many job openings for teachers in my region and my certification area as there were new graduates. I sent out right around 90 applications; quite a few for jobs I didn't particularly want (due to location, grade level or subjects) including the Christian school job. I had two interviews and one job offer. I was not a weak candidate. But in secondary schools, teachers are often required to coach sports. If I recall correctly, about 70 rejection letters told me I was a great candidate but they needed a head (fill in the sport) coach to fill the position. When the Christian school offered the job, it was early July. It was that or nothing. I had student loans to pay and didn't want to live with my parents. 

BTW, the Catechism doesn't actually tell you what to think. It tells you what the Church believes and it also tells you that you must form your own conscience and obey it. I had a great conversation with a priest who is a friend of ours once about the notion of many non-Catholics, former Catholics, and even some practicing Catholics that the Church somehow expects you to never think for yourself. He said he is often saddened that we have taught the faith so badly that people who are or have been Catholic believe that. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

Lori will believe anything a man tells her.

WWI ended in 1918. The 19th amendment was passed in 1919 and ratified in 1920.

?

Screenshot 2019-06-23 at 1.31.24 PM.png

Screenshot 2019-06-23 at 1.48.51 PM.png

Edited by KatBonD
Forgot to add the second response! "History major" my ass!
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 9

This may have already been pointed out, but "Ali Ch" seems to always comment immediately after Lori.  I am 100% convinced that it is Lori's alternate account.  And I keep pronouncing Ali's name as "A Leach."  :)

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10

Lori, of course you didn't know this, because it's incorrect. Can you possibly be any more gullible??

And then there's this comment (from a woman!) on this morning's post about women and fowl foul language:

That's is why many men from the USA are sorting wives from the Phillipines and other asian countries, the Caribbean, Russia and the Middle Eastern countries. Women are much more accepting of the femininity which is their strength.

All I've got to say to that is any man who thinks that his imported Filipina wife is going to be the stereotypical submissive doormat he was looking for, will be in for a very rude awakening once she's gotten her citizenship. Or more likely BEFORE she's gotten her citizenship. I know a lot of Filipina women, born, raised, and educated in the Philippines before coming over here with their husbands to work and raise their families, and not a single one of them would fit the requirements of these so-called 'men.' Not one. My own mother in law, a tiny, demure-looking Filipina, would laugh her head off at this comment; I wish she was still alive so I could share it with her. She had a great sense of humour, and she took no shit off anyone, particularly her husband. :naughty:

• Upvote 12

That's is why many men from the USA are sorting wives from the Phillipines and other asian countries, the Caribbean, Russia and the Middle Eastern countries.

Now I have an image of MRA-type dudes with foreign-bride trading cards, like little boys with baseball cards: "Need it, need it, got it, need it . . . "

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

On 6/22/2019 at 2:50 AM, hollyfeller said:

The sentence "You name it and we are maxing it out" makes me want to hurl.  That's why they are single.  Too busy "maxing out" masculinity.

I haven't caught up to the end of this thread yet, so apologies if i'm repeating what someone else said.  But particularly that phrase "maxing" sent up warning signs to me.  It is a word commonly used in the incel forums online.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

Lori hates foul and rough language but it perfectly ok with this first comment. She hit the sad emoji on it and so she saw it. The MRAs are all over her page today. It's ugly and there is a hateful spirit there.

idiot1.thumb.PNG.3027faee1331404441411b8a0161a812.PNGidiot2.thumb.PNG.495beff679a862f70bff63be3da72c59.PNG

• Angry 1
  • Disgust 9
  • WTF 5

12 minutes ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

Lori hates foul and rough language but it perfectly ok with this first comment. She hit the sad emoji on it and so she saw it. The MRAs are all over her page today. It's ugly and there is a hateful spirit there.

idiot1.thumb.PNG.3027faee1331404441411b8a0161a812.PNGidiot2.thumb.PNG.495beff679a862f70bff63be3da72c59.PNG

I have reported about 10 hateful comments like this so far today.  Somehow Lori brought out all the people who aren't checking themselves when they comment to avoid FB jail.

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 5

12 hours ago, onemama said:

Sometimes I feel like a heartless person when I avoid the homeless people who stream into our church building on a Sunday evening.  I'm often downstairs teaching Sunday school when these people arrive and I find their very presence very hard to bear.  I know they have problems that I can't relate to. I know I have problems of my own and I'm not in the position to reach out to them. I struggle to find love in my heart for a person who looks at me with accusing eyes, or who makes strange comments, or who smells bad. It's uncomfortable!  Some of these troubled people come into our dining hall when we're having one of our meals to support missionaries and they pile their plates high with food because it's free. My husband , on the other hand, likes to sit with them and talk. He even wanted to bring one of these women to our home once because he found out that she had nowhere to sleep that night.   I feel guilty for not wanting to be around them but I know that it takes more than just "prayers and Bible reading" to fix these problems and I know that I have to tend to my own responsibilities.  

Maybe one day I will find that love and will be able to reach out to the very troubled people in society. I don't know.. 

Your honesty and your troubled spirit about this matter means you are the opposite of heartless. 

Let me suggest this: One evening when these souls come into your church be deliberate about not being responsible for any task (no Sunday school). Just sit quietly nearby, watching and praying. If someone meets your eyes, acknowledge them. That's it. Most of these folks are invisible out there in the world. Being seen as a person is a balm for the soul.

I can "see" in my spirit that one of these souls will reach out to you and a connection will be made. It's going to surprise you that they will bring God to you and not the other way around. It's going to be an amazing journey.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 6/22/2019 at 11:10 AM, gWife said:

A study I saw (too long ago) said single men had shorter life span than married men... And married women shorter than single women!

I used to work in I.T. at a small college, that back in the day used to be an all girl catholic college up until the 70s, I believe.  All the profs were nuns. Anyway, when the college changed to secular status (and allowed men) part of the agreement with the catholic church was that the college would still allow the nuns to live in their homes on campus until they died or wanted to leave of their own accord. 

By the time I started working there, there were only a few nuns left, but two were actually still teaching even though they were both in their 80s. (they had legit credentials that met the secular standard) I was in my 20s at the time, a staunch feminist, was raised in a mostly secular house, and I was fascinated by them.  At one point when I was alone with one of them, probably working on her computer, I asked her why she became a nun.  She told me that when she was young, becoming a nun was the only way that a woman could devote herself to scholarship.  (Internally I was like...../RESPEKT/)  I also straight out asked her why she was still working, (it was common knowledge that the church would take care of them - see the free housing above + other things) and she said that she felt healthy enough and strong enough, so why not keep doing what she enjoyed.  She also told me, that she thought one of the reasons she had remained so vital, is BECAUSE SHE NEVER GOT MARRIED. And she wasn't joking when she said that either by the way, she was dead ass serious.  ?:bow-blue:??
@gWife yes, this whole long ass anecdote, is just to say, you are right.   lol

• Upvote 15

12 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

I asked her why she became a nun.  She told me that when she was young, becoming a nun was the only way that a woman could devote herself to scholarship.

I always felt that was much of the motivation behind the character (based on a real person) in The Nun's Story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nun's_Story

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053131/

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic