IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 5 - Carlin Is Still Engaged?

HerNameIsBuffy

8 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Better of leaving them in Florida with the Webster family who the kids know and trust for 3 days than dragging them to Tennessee for a wedding they won't remember with people they don't know.

But they are neices of the bride. This is not at all normal especially for fundies. I wonder if Carlin did adult only reception except children in the wedding party.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

On 5/24/2019 at 3:01 AM, Iamtheway said:

[...]

Imagine if I was a fundie (the horror) and married him. I’d discover on my wedding night that kissing the man I just promised to love until I die makes me uncomfortable and grossed out. 

Their courtship rules saddens me. 

Exactly! Then they're stuck to make any lack of physical chemistry work or to blame themselves for not feeling it at all once the let down has occurs. It's sad and unwise in my opinion especially with the covenant marriages where they would rather die than face a divorce no matter how necessary, because they've contracted to forever.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My bet is that John and Alyssa wanted a no kids 5 year anniversary weekend getaway. 

Plus they might do this thing where they only invite people to the reception. I suppose more people could show up to the reception than were at the wedding ceremony. 

I posted about the anniversay as reason, too. Missed your post. But then again, I dunno. Fundies like to start those little girls off young, experiencing as many weddings so they can one day aspire to be wahhhvesss and moms. I do not think Alyssa leaving her children, nieces of the bride, home is fundie appropriate but it's typical Alyssa stuff in my opinion -if true (not sure how we know her kids won't be there). I don't judge. But I would be disappointed if my nieces were not at my wedding especially if we were all family focused and stuff. 

Usually at adult only receptions, close relative children are put in the wedding party as an excuse why they can attend. No way some random Duggar kid gets in but not her nieces.

This is early spec, but looks like adult only or tween and over. Interesting.

• Upvote 2

I love her location. It’s really pretty and I enjoy anything that isn’t just a plain church. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Just now, VBOY9977 said:

Omg, they in fact are singing a duet ??? 

Screenshot from a video in Joy’s story

A65EB733-4AC5-4879-8496-D6447869EDA5.jpeg

That’s the closest thing to lingerie he’s ever seen her in ???

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

That's some elaborate fundie foreplay right there.  I mean I did expect these two to be over-the-top and nauseating but that didn't make this easier to watch.  Who is playing piano?

• I Agree 4

I feel like we're getting a lot more sneak peeks and early looks at the details of this wedding than any of the other Bates/Duggar weddings.

I couldn't help myself- I snuck a peek at Joy's story. Carlin's wedding makeup is really good (to my admittedly inexperienced eye). She looks beautiful. And I am glad she gets to dance at her wedding. It's not much in the grand scheme of the cult, no, but as a fellow woman I'm happy she at least gets to experience that.

• Upvote 13

And now all the men are in the field shooting rifles (?- I don’t know shit about guns) ?

Thats some redneck level stuff 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Okay but this is the first fundie wedding I'm excited for. 

1. The cringeyness of mr and mrs fundie zoolander

2. I genuinely love Carlin's style and the fact that she is goingout of fundie norm (dancing, smallish ceremony, a sit down dinner)

Then again I know it won't be long til the next thread is named Carlin is pregnant y'all

• Upvote 8

From Erin's insta-story, Carlin and Evan are practicing their dance. And yes, she's in a robe. VERY different from the nearly no-touch engagement of Michaela, or Kendra and Joe.

Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 10.48.05 AM.png

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

And now all the men are in the field shooting rifles (?- I don’t know shit about guns) ?

Thats some redneck level stuff 

They’re disc shooting. It’s not redneck, just very southern in general. You’re more likely to see old money wealthy people doing that than what people would consider rednecks. It’s also popular with aristocracy in England.  

Edited by Illmarryyoujana
Punctuation
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

When Josh sang to Anna, I felt my soul ascend from embarrassment. I know there have been others but I avoid watching it. 

So my immediate thought here was like “YALL SURE ABOUT THIS. There still time to decide not to do this!!!!!! PLEASE THINK IT THROUGH” willing my energy to them through my phone 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

Firstly, hair up for the bridesmaids is a good choice. Michaela and Joy who take note of this because they look so good!

Secondly, is this the least fundie wedding photo be ever?

Screenshot_20190525-204052.thumb.png.6efedbbce51f8ed814eb499902922508.png

• Upvote 16

I feel like Austin is the type of dude who would probably get all pissy about Joy wearing just a robe in front of everyone.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Firstly, hair up for the bridesmaids is a good choice. Michaela and Joy who take note of this because they look so good!

Screenshot_20190525-204052.thumb.png.6efedbbce51f8ed814eb499902922508.png

I have the same robe....yet I wasn't invited.  Imagine.

• Haha 22
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I have the same robe....yet I wasn't invited.  Imagine.

#Rude. 

There are enough bridesmaids there, you probably could have infiltrated without being noticed. And entered the halls of FJ legends in the process...

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 28
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

#Rude. 

There are enough bridesmaids there, you probably could have infiltrated without being noticed. And entered the halls of FJ legends in the process...

My reputation as the town crier of the "Don't Touch the Poop" mantra means too much to me but that would be a hilarious where's waldo.

Seriously they look identical to my favorite robe so I wonder if theirs are Victoria's Secret as well.

And are they all in a giant bed?!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

31 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

They do look really nice. Carlin does have nice taste and doesn't veer towards JRod gaudy the way her over the top personality suggests she might. 

A hairstylist for that many bridesmaids is pretty expensive. Have we confirmed UP! is paying for the wedding?

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

They do look really nice. Carlin does have nice taste and doesn't veer towards JRod gaudy the way her over the top personality suggests she might. 

A hairstylist for that many bridesmaids is pretty expensive. Have we confirmed UP! is paying for the wedding?

Courtney did at least some of the hair. I hope she had help. And she’s been on the show before. So hopefully UP paid her a decent amount for the day.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Courtney did at least some of the hair. I hope she had help. And she’s been on the show before. So hopefully UP paid her a decent amount for the day.

I saw another friend of the girls also doing hair. But i doubt they are doing it for free. Maybe a discount.

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic