IGNORED

Dillards 76: Somewhat successful social media?!?

Georgiana

All of these folks have horrible beliefs that they impose all the rest of us when they go to the voting booth in mass. Some of them are more stealth in their approaches, but we know that they all basically believe the same crap and want to discriminate against all the same people ( people who do not think, act, reason (ha), love like they do). 

I had grand hopes for Jill because it appeared that DD was not completely bathed in the same waters as the Duggars. I do believe that DD would support Jill getting more educated, earning a living and even sending the boys to school. I do hope that his current education is opening his eyes and mind  a bit, and that he can eventually mature into a man, while turning away from being an asshole. His parents obviously had strong beliefs, and his mother can be rather abrasive when sharing those beliefs. Yet, at the same time, she has lived, worked and had positive relationships over her lifetime. 

I do think with maturation, a bit of self awareness and some softening, the Dillards can have decent, successful, healthy lives.

I really think Derick’s education, family dynamics and personal experiences really slammed up against what happened in Duggarville  ( no education, limited independence, molestations, inability for anyone but JB to make a decision). JB eff’d up Dillard’s wife, and Dillard has to deal with the fallout. Most people would be pissed off at that, an Immature person even more so, IMO.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

8 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Derick's post was more encouraging than his last one. I'm kinda hoping Jill has a hidden tattoo. No glowing post for his MIL though, unlike Jeremy and what felt like 1,000 Mothers Day posts I read this weekend, I wonder how that makes Jill feel, especially if he makes snippy comments about JB&M at home, Or if she hears snippy comments from Michelle about wearing pants.

I also can't help but be bothered by him distinguishing that Cathy's parents were her adoptive parents. He seems a bit stuck on that "naturalized" thing. 

I acutally think that is on Cathy and Not Derick I think she's really big on natural family and clings to Derick his brother and the babies because they are her natural family, so I think Derick is just taking his lead from his mother on this. this observation is coming from a few things about Cathy mentioned on 19K

4 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Anna made an interesting comment on Derick’s Mother’s Day sushi post. The sushi post doesn’t make any mention of Michelle, but Anna for some reason felt the need to throw her name twice into her short comment. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it feels passive aggressive. Or maybe Anna just feels weird in the family ever since the Josh scandals and that provides for weird try-hard interactions like her instagram comments.

E3792B8B-6A3C-43DC-9408-F9F096FF7D0C.png

oh yeah Anna threw down. LOL of course she has to kiss Michelle's ass though it's all she knows. 

45 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

What is going on with the photo of Jill and Israel in an hospital room?

probably just a yearly check up  (OKay after looking at the picture closer now I Have no clue what's going on, it looks like he's in a hospital gown though,

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
  • Upvote 5

If for whatever reason Derick is not on great terms with Jim Bob and Michelle then Anna should not be making comments like that publicly on social media. As much as I hate Derick for some of the things he has said but I do admire the fact that he doesn't try to kiss Jim Bob and Michelle's ass and has in the past year helped bring Jill out of the comfort zone she once had.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

16 hours ago, Smee said:

Raw fish is certainly a concern, but I thought the freshness of the sushi was the other dominant factor in it being discouraged - cooked, cold rice is an excellent place for certain bacteria to grow, so if it’s been premade and sitting around for a few hours it’s not a great idea. Mind you, I was told to avoid any premade salads, food in a Bain Marie, or anything in a good court that wasn’t freshly cooked, basically. And yet, the last listeria outbreak I recall was from watermelon of all things, so ?‍♀️ I don’t begrudge pregnant women who are less strict on the food rules.

It honestly depends on your provider. Mine ate veggie sushi while she was pregnant and she told me it was fine for me to have it too. The way I’m viewing it this time is like this:

I did my best to follow everything perfectly twice before. I ended up with an early miscarriage and a premature birth anyways. If this baby isn’t going to make it then it’s very likely going to be for a reason outside my control. I’m not going to drive myself crazy researching every single little thing this time. I did that the last time I was pregnant and it was not fun at all. If my doctor says something is ok to have then I’m just going to trust her and go with it. 

When it comes to other pregnant women, I’m not going to judge them for what they eat or drink*. Even fundies. People have a right to live their lives as they see best and pregnancy is already difficult enough for some of us without people chiming in with judgmental comments about what we should be doing**. The only people who have a right to chime in are the women’s medical provider and her partner (if she has one) - and even then, I think the partner should try to remember that the woman is still a person and not just an incubator. 

*The sole exceptions here I can think of are the consumption of alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs. Those are really the only three things I know of that are really considered a hard “no” by most providers in the US. I don’t know how I’d react if I saw a pregnant woman doing any of those things - I probably wouldn’t say anything because I assume they know. 

**And to be clear, I’m not directing this at you. I don’t think you were being judgmental here, only curious and participating in a conversation. I’ve seen a lot of comments across the internet that have been very judgmental towards pregnant women doing anything the poster decides I’d wrong though and that was what I was thinking of when I wrote that portion. 

ETA: @onekidanddone I’m not sure what photo you’re talking about, but I know Izzy was in the hospital for a few hours earlier this year because of a stomach bug. That might be what you’re talking about. 

ETA2: Just went and looked. That photo is from their February photo post on their website. They mention in the little blurb at the top that Izzy was in a children’s hospital for a short stay due to stomach trouble:

BA62539E-5084-4366-8535-A52D6F2AC4E2.thumb.png.ddcda611f24abd0ddac89a14a0214ee4.png

The photo Derick used is a bit further down than the screenshot shows, but it’s the same one. Derick was at the hospital with Jill and Izzy as well. So nothing to be worried about. :) 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

2 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

If for whatever reason Derick is not on great terms with Jim Bob and Michelle then Anna should not be making comments like that publicly on social media. As much as I hate Derick for some of the things he has said but I do admire the fact that he doesn't try to kiss Jim Bob and Michelle's ass and has in the past year helped bring Jill out of the comfort zone she once had.

Beneath that keep sweet exterior, there are little hints like this that Anna is absolutely miserable inside.  

Jill and Derick, to our eyes, seem like they have a pretty mediocre marriage.  But compared to The One Who Fingers Children, Derick must seem like Ryan Gosling in The Notebook.  It seems almost inevitable that Anna would harbour some jealousy toward her sisters-in-law.  

• Upvote 13

Michelle did say something about skirts being godly in the past few weeks. She said the husbands will have to answer for their decision to let their wives wear pants. I hope it’s in response to that.

i have a hard time with spicy food. I have a geographic tongue. People with this have lower tolerance to spicy food.

Edited by DarkAnts
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Anna will forever kiss Michelle's ass because she doesn't want to be blamed any more than she already has been for dickweeds's straying or the other thing that we can't mention. 

Anna and Derick are two of the same. 

they just go about things differently but the same

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 5/10/2019 at 4:16 AM, medimus said:

I stumbled across this video and it made me think of the thread title here (it's satire).

I posted this once before on the Little People Big World thread because this is 100% Audrey Roloff. So funny.

• Haha 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, lizzybee said:

@DarkAnts where did she say that? I'd like to watch/read it. 

It’s at 1:37.

• Thank You 3

9 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

It’s at 1:37.

only six minuets in and he's already thrown his father and his sister under the bus, I really want Amy to take him down know what a bastard. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Michelle doesn't waste too much time getting to the point, does she?  ?  I had to stop listening before I got there (and I started at 1:37, darn it!) because her rambling and baby voice was making me want to throw my laptop.  Maybe I'll try again later.

• Haha 4

oh my lord Michelle If I ever meet her I'll let her know that guys and girls have held doors for me and vs versa, pants or dresses, Wearing a dress isn't going to make someone hold a door more often for you. what an idiotic thing to say. 

• Upvote 8

around the 2 hour and 19 Min mark. (Yes I'm watching it all LMAO) Michelle says if her kids (Specifically daughters) had a crush on someone they are only allowed to talk about it with her and Jim Bob they are not allowed to mention it in youth group or even discuss it with their siblings. WTF 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 21
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

And honestly, even if they aren't on great terms because Derick pulled some mega-douche move (and let's be real, we're talking about Derick Dillard here...) that still between him and Jim Bob and Michelle. Anna really should stay out of it. 

And, does every.single.damn.thing have to be about Michelle? Can anyone in the entire Tonitown area just mention "motherhood" without mentioning Michelle Duggar? Sheesh. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

6 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

Michelle did say something about skirts being godly in the past few weeks. She said the husbands will have to answer for their decision to let their wives wear pants.

God could not give less than a damn about this. Why do silly-ass fundies think this matters so much? 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

On the sushi while pregnant, from what I gather, outside of the US, it's OK to eat limited amounts of raw fish, provided they have been frozen first; although limiting tuna and other high mercury seafood is also wise. 

23 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

God could not give less than a damn about this. Why do silly-ass fundies think this matters so much? 

Because they lack the ability to think deeply on any issue. They think Ben Shapiro argues well. They shut themselves off from anything that challenges their worldview. 

• Upvote 6

so everyone remember the yellow pocket angel eggs, well I'm at the end of the video from above and it's not a pot luck according to JIm Bob it's a Pot Faith. I just can't stop laughing. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 19

4 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Michelle doesn't waste too much time getting to the point, does she?  ?  I had to stop listening before I got there (and I started at 1:37, darn it!) because her rambling and baby voice was making me want to throw my laptop.  Maybe I'll try again later.

Don’t worry, even David and Priscilla spent half her spiel scrolling through something on a phone.

Some charming transphobic comments in there too.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Just now, Smee said:

Don’t worry, even David and Priscilla spent half her spiel scrolling through something on a phone.

Some charming transphobic comments in there too.

oh did you catch the part where JB was talking about the young man he was talking to as a teen and he asked him if he had any homosexual tendency's and the guy said his older brothers had molested him. I was thinking. hmm considering your own son you probably shouldn't have brought up that subject. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 6

56 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

oh did you catch the part where JB was talking about the young man he was talking to as a teen and he asked him if he had any homosexual tendency's and the guy said his older brothers had molested him. I was thinking. hmm considering your own son you probably shouldn't have brought up that subject. 

Which JB then turned into a story about how the VICTIM was forgiven and went on to lead a great life. Because that’s who needed forgiveness. The guy who dared to be molested, and dared to let his childhood trauma influence his teen life.

I just can’t.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

i have a hard time with spicy food. I have a geographic tongue. People with this have lower tolerance to spicy food.

I also have geographic tongue, and I've found that as I've gotten older (nearing 50), I enjoy some seasonings more than I used to, mostly black pepper. I imagine that maybe I've lost some of my sense of taste over the years. When my tongue is looking especially map-like, acid foods like tomatoes still really make it hurt, but most of the time, I enjoy some strong flavors I used to hate. It's kind of a trade off, I guess.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• Georgiana locked this topic