IGNORED

Dillards 76: Somewhat successful social media?!?

Georgiana

4 minutes ago, MamaMia02 said:

On fundie tumblr they are thinking Jill is pregnant because a poster found an old post from 2014 where Jill was craving lemons with salt during her pregnancy with Israel 

well it would line up Sam is almost two 

Cheese story- We are cheese lovers and last summer my sister ordered a Cheese Plate for dessert. When it came to the table there was a very stinky cheese that we assumed was the Blue Cheese. My sister took a portion of what she thought was Brie Cheese. The look on her face!!! Her eyes watered and she quickly drank some water. Turned our the stinky cheese was Munster Cheese from France. It was one of the 10 Stinkiest! Very barnyardesque. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

Lemons and salt explain Israel's teeth tbh. The front ones look grey and dead.

• Upvote 1

Just chiming in to say that lemons with salt are one of my favorite things. I have a tattoo dedicated to this flavor combo (sans tequila, which I'm not a big fan of). This is easily my favorite food post from Jill ever, haha.

I've never had enamel issues and I've loved citrus this much all my life, for what that anecdata is worth. I think it's ridiculous that Jill (or anyone) feels the need to justify love of lemons with sharing a tooth brushing schedule. I've never seen a fan of desserts do that before, and does that not make as much sense to do? Lots of things are bad for teeth- just let people make their own choices with their dentists' help. 

I don't know why I'm so passionate about this. I think I just want to high five every kid who loves lemons, haha.

• Upvote 18

9 hours ago, nst said:

actually when I had pneumonia in 2013 i had lemons with pepper 

it actually helped with the coughing 

When I have a cold or sore throat, I mix hot water, fresh lemon juice and a spoonful of honey and sip that.  My son loved lemons as a kid too, but I would only allow him one of two wedges on occasion because of the acidity.

• Upvote 5

Around here they're called karma boxes. They can be filled with food, toiletries or clothes. I plan on knitting some cheerful hats for the winter. In  the meantime, it's easy to supply toiletries from the dollar store.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I stumbled across this video and it made me think of the thread title here (it's satire).

• Haha 13
  • Love 1

@freshlemonade Beqa is actually Bega.  I had never reaslied that the g in their logo looks like a q... I'm not sure that they still do the tins anymore as I  can't see them in their product range https://bega.net.au/product-range.html (or perhaps they don't sell them here in Australia).  Bega is a town in Australia and in that region there are/were a lot of cows producing dairy, and there is a company that at least started in that region.

• Thank You 3

I’m not one to be the mommy police— but because I already have seen how bad Israel’s teeth look, it did make me think the lemons as a snack idea wasn’t a great one and maybe partially explains why his teeth look how they do. 

Was also appalled by some commenters on her Instagram who said “they’re just baby teeth.” Yikes. 

• Upvote 8

13 minutes ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

Was also appalled by some commenters on her Instagram who said “they’re just baby teeth.” Yikes. 

I’m a daughter of a dentist. My mother would cringe if she heard this tbh. Cuz they might be baby teeth but they can cause infections and gum disease. No reason to start a child off with an automatic disadvantage on the teeth department when we’ve already seen his dads mouth history. Plus infected teeth have a domino effect, TMJ, stomach problems, headaches, just a complete snowball. 

• Upvote 7

I’m having trouble keeping up. Are we criticizing Jill for only feeding her family crappy unhealthy food based only off select recipes on their blog? Or are we criticizing her for purposely putting her kid’s dental health at risk by allowing him to eat fresh lemons?

And if you look at photos on their website, you’ll see that Izzy’s teeth are fine. Here’s a recent photo from the post about moving:

D6857CAB-1CC6-4360-95E2-CC56BA1AB644.thumb.jpeg.5d8b6db4556d9bbe118558d566cace58.jpeg

His teeth are not grey and are no more crooked than you’d expect for a pretty average 4 year old. We know they take him to the Dentist because they’ve shared photos of him at appointments before - if there were serious concerns then I’d hope his Dentist would address that appropriately with them. Jill is not a skilled photographer at this point in time and her lack of skills with lighting and angles is likely contributing a great deal to the speculation regarding his dental health. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I’m having trouble keeping up. Are we criticizing Jill for only feeding her family crappy unhealthy food based only off select recipes on their blog? Or are we criticizing her for purposely putting her kid’s dental health at risk by allowing him to eat fresh lemons?

And if you look at photos on their website, you’ll see that Izzy’s teeth are fine. Here’s a recent photo from the post about moving:

D6857CAB-1CC6-4360-95E2-CC56BA1AB644.thumb.jpeg.5d8b6db4556d9bbe118558d566cace58.jpeg

His teeth are not grey and are no more crooked than you’d expect for a pretty average 4 year old. We know they take him to the Dentist because they’ve shared photos of him at appointments before - if there were serious concerns then I’d hope his Dentist would address that appropriately with them. Jill is not a skilled photographer at this point in time and her lack of skills with lighting and angles is likely contributing a great deal to the speculation regarding his dental health. 

I was thinking the same thing. Poor Jill can NEVER do ANYTHING right. She never said "We have salty lemons every day!", or did she and I missed that part? 

Israel's teeth look fine to me. Just with any other internet diagnosis, saying his teeth are in bad condition judging on basis of a few bad pics on SM is just wrong and unnecessary. Also, if there's anything about the Duggars that I don't worry about it's their dental health care. Have we not been blessed with umpteen dentist visits on the show over the years? I think if there's one thing the Duggar kids have deeply ingrained it's that going to the dentist is a vital part of parenting. ?

• Upvote 24
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

33 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I was thinking the same thing. Poor Jill can NEVER do ANYTHING right. She never said "We have salty lemons every day!", or did she and I missed that part? 

Israel's teeth look fine to me. Just with any other internet diagnosis, saying his teeth are in bad condition judging on basis of a few bad pics on SM is just wrong and unnecessary. Also, if there's anything about the Duggars that I don't worry about it's their dental health care. Have we not been blessed with umpteen dentist visits on the show over the years? I think if there's one thing the Duggar kids have deeply ingrained it's that going to the dentist is a vital part of parenting. ?

Yeah. I mean, she does deserve a lot of criticism for some stuff - mostly their grifting and poor life choices - and I fully acknowledge and understand that. The Dills also make it so easy to dislike them (Derick more so than Jill) and I absolutely get that too. But this is just kind of ridiculous. She posts unhealthy recipes and gets accused of feeding her kids crap all the time, but then she posts a photo showing her kid eating fresh fruit and she gets accused of jeopardizing his dental health too. She really can’t win. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

12 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Yeah. I mean, she does deserve a lot of criticism for some stuff - mostly their grifting and poor life choices - and I fully acknowledge and understand that. The Dills also make it so easy to dislike them (Derick more so than Jill) and I absolutely get that too. But this is just kind of ridiculous. She posts unhealthy recipes and gets accused of feeding her kids crap all the time, but then she posts a photo showing her kid eating fresh fruit and she gets accused of jeopardizing his dental health too. She really can’t win. 

If she showed Izzy and Sam eating ethnic food, she'd probably be accused of cultural appropriation. Showing them eat apples and crackers, I assume reactions like "too bland!!!11". I also think it's silly to say she should know better and make sure the kids won't have the same dental issues Derick has. First, I thought Derick's issues were his gums, not his enamel. Second, we know nothing about who these kids take after. Maybe Jill has great teeth and the kids do as well? Jill recently posted a much discussed pic of her baked veggies, so the Dills obviously ARE eating veggies, and people still criticized her for not cutting them the correct sizes. Oh my, no, she really can't win.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

She has zero self awareness. I would just expect that since she has been active in the public arena for so long that she would have acquired some skills in this area. She can’t possibly be that dull. So is she passive aggressive? Lazy?  

In Contrast to Ben, who was doom and black crosses in the beginning and has learned what is interesting and entertaining, and what is not.

I just can’t figure Jill out. She is so awkward and makes such odd decisions which makes her an easy target. Again, I want to blame JB and M for limiting her, but she’s almost 28. Time to grow up and make BETTER decisions.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

If she showed Izzy and Sam eating ethnic food, she'd probably be accused of cultural appropriation. Showing them eat apples and crackers, I assume reactions like "too bland!!!11". I also think it's silly to say she should know better and make sure the kids won't have the same dental issues Derick has. First, I thought Derick's issues were his gums, not his enamel. Second, we know nothing about who these kids take after. Maybe Jill has great teeth and the kids do as well? Jill recently posted a much discussed pic of her baked veggies, so the Dills obviously ARE eating veggies, and people still criticized her for not cutting them the correct sizes. Oh my, no, she really can't win.

She actually did show Israel (I think) eating curry and got a bunch of halfwitted comments on her social media criticizing her for feeding him spicy food.  

That said, I think its pretty weird that I can't recall seeing pics of Israel eating apples, bananas, etc.  You know, fresh fruit where your dentist doesn't ask you to rinse with baking soda afterward.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

She actually did show Israel (I think) eating curry and got a bunch of halfwitted comments on her social media criticizing her for feeding him spicy food.  

That said, I think its pretty weird that I can't recall seeing pics of Israel eating apples, bananas, etc.  You know, fresh fruit where your dentist doesn't ask you to rinse with baking soda afterward.

It’s as if Jill has no clue what makes a cute, kid appropriate picture that will not garner tons of WTF responses.

Juggling steak knives, NO. Kicking soccer balls in the yard ( not the living room), YES. I wish Jill would think about how others might respond to a post before she puts it on social media. 

If this was DD posting, I’d go with passive aggressive, negative attention seeking turd, but I want to give JD the benefit of the doubt. She seems so naive  and maybe even innocent. Where has her intellect and savvy gone? Has DD put her in her place; made her feel less than?

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

As someone who is a fan of lemons and doesn't really care for "normal" snack fruit like apples and bananas, Izzy might just not be a fan.  If you're a big fan of tart, sweet fruits may not appeal to you, even as a kid.  

Honestly, my only concern was that Jill may be unaware of the damage lemons can do, because there are people out there (and I have met them) that will allow their kids to do things to excess if they believe it's "healthy".  But it seems Jill is pretty aware of the risks, and is at least watching Izzy's teeth.  

• Upvote 11

57 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I wish Jill would think about how others might respond to a post before she puts it on social media. 

Why? It's her life, she's not obligated to paint it a certain way for stranger approval. What an odd thing to wish. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, viii said:

Why? It's her life, she's not obligated to paint it a certain way for stranger approval. What an odd thing to wish. 

Are you saying posts like the unsafe car seat hack  shouldn’t be re-evaluated? If she continues to post such things, she should be prepared for others to make less than positive comments.

• I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Are you saying posts like the unsafe car seat hack  shouldn’t be re-evaluated? If she continues to post such things, she should be prepared for others to make less than positive comments.

But you didn't specify that. You posted things like playing with soccer plays in the living room, instead of the yard. So obviously the car seat isn't your main criticism with Jill, either. 

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, viii said:

But you didn't specify that. You posted things like playing with soccer plays in the living room, instead of the yard. So obviously the car seat isn't your main criticism with Jill, either. 

My main criticism, per my first post above, is her lack of self awareness. Which if you’ve read my comments before know I have mentioned many, many times with regards to Jill. If she had better awareness, she would think twice about what she posts to her social media accounts. She’s an influencer. It’s how she supports her family. What others think about what she posts matter.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

They’ve shared photos of that before. I can’t remember if it was social media or their blog, but they absolutely feed their kids fresh fruit. I don’t have time to look for them now because I have to eat fast and then get bloodwork done. 

And yes, she did get pushback over feeding the kids curry because it’s spicy. I find that really odd because plenty of kids that young eat spicy foods and they turn out completely fine. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

• Georgiana locked this topic