IGNORED

Alyssa & John 3: Modesty Make-Up

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Getting called geriatric in your 30's. :pb_lol: Jesus. 

A poster from Europe once claimed that the geriatric pregnancy designation once began at age 27 in her country. Which was alarming to say the least. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Getting called geriatric in your 30's. :pb_lol: Jesus. 

As for Alyssa. I can see her probably trying for a boy once this has blown over but I'm curious if she would accept bc if a doctor told her specifically to be on it. I don't think they're too great at NFP. 

If she has SVT that is not responding to the most invasive treatment (ablation), then this is not going to just blow over, unfortunately.

I'm not saying she'll never have any more kids, but if this next surgery doesn't work, she'll probably be on meds for the rest of her life. Since the meds can cause birth defects, a pregnancy would have to be a careful decision and she'd need help and support  if going off the meds.

Edited by Hisey
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I have SVT caused by subclinical hyperthyroidism w/ underlying Graves’ Disease. My doctor is taking a wait & see approach. It’s actually gotten better the longer I’ve been on my thyroid medicine, but I’ve had two recent episodes that were not fun. It’s not something I would mess around with. I know what’s causing my SVT & it’s better. I have some coping mechanisms/strategies, but we know what exactly is causing my SVT. I hope the doctor is able to get Alyssa’s under control & figure out the cause. I hope, if the doctor says “Pregnancy is too risky- prevent it.” That she would be smart & follow the doctor’s advice.  

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, divadivine said:

I have SVT caused by subclinical hyperthyroidism w/ underlying Graves’ Disease. My doctor is taking a wait & see approach. It’s actually gotten better the longer I’ve been on my thyroid medicine, but I’ve had two recent episodes that were not fun. It’s not something I would mess around with. I know what’s causing my SVT & it’s better. I have some coping mechanisms/strategies, but we know what exactly is causing my SVT. I hope the doctor is able to get Alyssa’s under control & figure out the cause. I hope, if the doctor says “Pregnancy is too risky- prevent it.” That she would be smart & follow the doctor’s advice.  

It sounds like Alyssa has a very severe case of SVT that has not responded to meds.

8 minutes ago, Hisey said:

It sounds like Alyssa has a very severe case of SVT that has not responded to meds.

Did she ever say if they had any idea what was causing her SVT? At least in my case, they know what’s causing it & they can safely assume once my hyperthyroidism/Grave’s Disease is under control & in remission my SVT will resolve itself. 

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, divadivine said:

Did she ever say if they had any idea what was causing her SVT? At least in my case, they know what’s causing it & they can safely assume once my hyperthyroidism/Grave’s Disease is under control & in remission my SVT will resolve itself. 

I don’t think they did.

Alyssa has an IG post of Allie reading. She's at a little desk in their house with her name on it. Safe to say this officially answers the question of is she homeschooling, or private preschool. 

• I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

Alyssa has an IG post of Allie reading. She's at a little desk in their house with her name on it. Safe to say this officially answers the question of is she homeschooling, or private preschool. 

I had a wee desk with my name on it at home and I wasn't home schooled.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Alyssa also showed a picture of Allie's CURSIVE practice, while stating she had no idea Allie knew how to draw a girl! I will be honest that blew my mind.  I knew their homeschooling was weak at best, but this left me speechless.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

13 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Allie is apparently using Abeka materials in this video. I believe Alyssa has flat out stated she would be homeschooling as well. I don’t remember when she mentioned it or where, but I’m almost positive she said she would be. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Isn't her FIL's whole shtick religious homeschooling?

I found it amusing she's posting dancing photos on IG. The bates kids must have been so happy when that rule changed.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yes, true, but she is also using Abeka homeschooling materials. Could have come from a Christian pre-school, but I'm leaning more towards homeschooling.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Allie is apparently using Abeka materials in this video. I believe Alyssa has flat out stated she would be homeschooling as well. I don’t remember when she mentioned it or where, but I’m almost positive she said she would be. 

Alyssa was asked on instagram a while ago and she answered that she was going to homeschool.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

11 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Alyssa said it on a Bates FB Live and also a couple of times answering to people on instagram.

On a side note, she IS homeschooling. I don't know why people think otherwise when she stated in the past she was going to homeschool, the Bates homeschool, Taliban Dan thing is christian homeschooling freak. IF she sents her kids to private or public homeschooling that just might happen in the future.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 2

Check out Alyssa’s Instagram story to watch his in real time but I am dying at Allie Jane’s eye rolls in this video. Her dead pan stare in the last photo reminds me of Jim in The Office.

*That face you make when your mom uses you to shill products on Instagram*

This generation of fundie daughters sure know how to grift online. #FreeAllie

Spoiler

AF56307F-CACE-4EE3-9190-5452D897E5F7.thumb.jpeg.89d681eab730eda34ddaf7f436d1d6f0.jpeg73496BB2-19B1-4F94-95FB-5984F314B336.thumb.jpeg.607dca6121659e73442eea98c2148779.jpeg50C4A04C-107B-4527-8438-A4268B5B2A0D.thumb.jpeg.78e5b0d3e21e9dbedb15ca501f6e558a.jpeg

Okay one more Allie Jane joke...

*Record scratch* *Freeze Frame* “I bet you’re wondering how I got here...:”

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 16

16 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Alyssa said it on a Bates FB Live and also a couple of times answering to people on instagram.

On a side note, she IS homeschooling. I don't know why people think otherwise when she stated in the past she was going to homeschool, the Bates homeschool, Taliban Dan thing is christian homeschooling freak. IF she sents her kids to private or public homeschooling that just might happen in the future.

Oh lovely. So, based on some of the things I vaguely remember Alyssa saying/doing (wasn't she the one who had problems with the direction east?), her kids will be 'educated' along the lines of the Rodrigues children. I know people have talked about how immature Nurie's writing is.

• Upvote 7

17 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Oh lovely. So, based on some of the things I vaguely remember Alyssa saying/doing (wasn't she the one who had problems with the direction east?), her kids will be 'educated' along the lines of the Rodrigues children. I know people have talked about how immature Nurie's writing is.

Hopefully a little better since they won’t be packed into an RV to grift, play cowbells, and screech at people while avoiding schoolwork. The Rodrigues family seems to place zero value on education while the some of the Bates family has gone on to a (shitty) college. I think they emphasize it a little more. 

Also, I think with Alyssa's FIL being so gung ho about homeschooling, they’ll probably put in more effort just to look good. I could be wrong though. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 7/19/2019 at 5:55 PM, princessmahina said:

Hopefully a little better since they won’t be packed into an RV to grift, play cowbells, and screech at people while avoiding schoolwork. The Rodrigues family seems to place zero value on education while the some of the Bates family has gone on to a (shitty) college. I think they emphasize it a little more. 

. . . .

And I know that ABeka may not be popular around here but it is far ahead of Wisdom booklets. My siblings and I were educated with ABeka and all graduated from accredited universities and two of us have done graduate level work as well. My sister felt it lacked some in science but I took biology at our local CC and it didn't seem that far ahead to me. Maybe if you were going into a scientific field. I was behind in algebra but I think I may have dyscalculia or something very close to it so it just took a whole lot of work and tutoring. I had the tutoring in homeschool (my dad has a degree in teaching math) but there was no desire to learn or understand! But we learned how to write and in that we were at least equal if not ahead of our peers. My brother scored in the 99th percentile on the ACT for Illinois. Me, not so much (again, math and no desire to get a good score). If Alyssa wants her children's education to be accredited, she'll have to switch to ABeka's DVDs for high school, so her children would have teachers who understand and can explain the concepts that they are trying to teach.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

I have often wondered why these homeschoolers don’t use something like Connections Academy and just add in the religious portion. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, grandmadugger said:

I have often wondered why these homeschoolers don’t use something like Connections Academy and just add in the religious portion. 

For multiple reasons. You aren’t teaching your child with Connections and the curriculum isn’t any different than public school. You don’t have any autonomy over what a child learns or their schedule or anything else. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/17/2019 at 4:21 PM, Lisamc7 said:

Alyssa also showed a picture of Allie's CURSIVE practice, while stating she had no idea Allie knew how to draw a girl! I will be honest that blew my mind.  I knew their homeschooling was weak at best, but this left me speechless.

Abeka starts cursive very young. At Allie’s age, the girl was a pretty good/detailed one; I think Alyssa just meant that she didn’t know Allie could draw a girl so well. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Re: cursive, this is how grades 7-9 went for me in English class.

Grade 7: Your reports MUST be in cursive!

Grade 8: For the love of God, do not write your reports in cursive. 

Grade 9: For the love of God, do not write your reports AT ALL. Type them. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

I’ve found that the older generation really hates when cursive isn’t taught in public school. It wouldn’t surprise me if fundies made a point of teaching cursive to their children because some evil public schools are doing away with it. Fundies want to live in the past. And their children offer suffer because of it. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I periodically have to forge my boss signature. It has a z in it. It's the most wretched looking thing in the world.

(It's on random forms like W9s that are not going to be scrutinized for some kind of legal situation, so it's not a big deal. I just wince every time I make the effort. I never manage to get the same way twice)

• Upvote 3

On 7/22/2019 at 4:04 PM, nolongerIFBx said:

nd I know that ABeka may not be popular around here but it is far ahead of Wisdom booklets.

Alyssa wasn't actually educated with Wisdom Booklets. Another one of the Bates hypocrisies is that they rope people into buying a homeschool curriculum they didn't actually use. They used  WB as devotionals. Kelly used ABeka, Bob Jones, Alpha and Omega and Timberdoodle. I'm pretty sure even Jill Rod uses some ABeka books. Even with a good curriculum if the children are relying on a mother who received a subpar education(or Kelly who was apparently a shit teacher) to be their only educator the kids are in trouble. Alyssa doesn't show any signs she even slightly into academics or planning to teach herself before she teaches her children. 

In my experience, a curriculum is just a small part of making a good homeschooler. You can have the best curriculum in the world and if the parents are slack or just aren't educated enough to understand, then the kids aren't going to be taught. Once Alyssa has a bunch of kids to educate all while dealing with health issues and being fairly uneducated about basic stuff herself, what sort of a teacher is she really going to be? 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic