IGNORED

Dillards 75: Keep the Food Out of the Bathroom

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

no Derrick, no JB, no Joy. 

Joy is in Nebraska and frankly the other two are deadweight, putting it politely so in fact this was a great gathering.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 2

I like the shoes with the jeans, just not the sweater. However, they don't look well-made enough to be comfortable. I mean, that never bothers some people, so okay. But the construction isn't wholly sound. 

/grandpa was a shoemaker

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Jill is rocking that outfit and looks darling and more importantly, happy. Sounds like a nice party and a wonderful birthday message to Israel!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

Israel looks happy because his father is not there.  When Derrick is  nearby the child is alternately cringing away and trying to get attention.  

Edited by Lurker
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, nst said:

ah 4 years ago remember where we all were.

fun times :)

That was an amazing time. Here's the beginning of Dilly Watch 2015 for those of you who missed it.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 6

I had just lost my dad a couple of weeks before the Dilly watch started, so really appreciated reading the thread drift. I was still lurking at the time.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 18

Israel always seems so attention starved in all of their home videos so he probably enjoyed his day.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Israel looks very happy in those pics, good to see him that way. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

On 4/5/2019 at 10:33 AM, acheronbeach said:

Derick is CONSTANTLY bitching about other people not working and it's just baffling to me.  He's retweeted Dave Ramsey several times - Dave Ramsey, whose big schtick is that you've gotta work, be consistent in your finances, and be fiscally careful in order to achieve wealth.  

A bunch of dipshits on social media suggested Jazz got in because of the GODLESS LIBERAL AGENDA and in response she posted her stellar GPA... a waaay better GPA than I ever had in high school.  And I'm quite certain way better than dimwit Dillard ever had, either in high school or undergrad, given his mediocre schools and jobs.  

She has been doing virtual school. I think that will help her succeed in college. She learned to do the work independently and meet deadlines. She clearly has time management skills because she has balance school work, self care, friends, and advocacy work. 

Edited by DarkAnts
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Israel looks very happy in those pics, good to see him that way. 

Note: 100% speculation based only off of personal observations of their very limited social media presences. Nothing said here should be taken as fact and you’ll make our antlered Savior, Rufus, weep if you do.

I’ve noticed that Israel tends to look pretty happy and comfortable when he’s around his mom and both sides of his extended family. I’m not sure if he’s nervous or scared of his dad or just not used to him being around much, but I think he seems a bit more closed off and tense when Derick is around. I don’t think that’s proof that Jill is a good mom or Derick is a bad father or anything, I just thought it was a bit interesting. It could be as simple as Izzy just being more used to his mom because his dad isn’t home much with school now. My husband is a fantastic dad and it still took until the last few months for our two year old daughter to really start adoring him - Tax Season hours apparently make tiny hearts grow fonder. ?

Sam just looks happy all the time. That could just be who he is naturally (abs maybe Izzy is just naturally more of a worrier?), but maybe he seems more relaxed and happy than Izzy did when he was younger because his parents are actually settled down in a place close to their support systems. Or maybe they’re not as anxious and worried because Sam is their second kid. That happens with a lot of families because the parents have a good idea of what to expect after their first baby.

Regardless, Jill does seem happier now that they’re settled down close to family. I’m glad about that for the boys’ sakes because a healthy and happy mom usually means the kids will be happier and healthier too. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 27

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

That could just be who he is naturally (abs maybe Izzy is just naturally more of a worrier?), but maybe he seems more relaxed and happy than Izzy did when he was younger because his parents are actually settled down in a place close to their support systems

Good food for thought. Israel, as young as he was, could have internalized the anxiety and fear Jill and maybe even Dwreck felt in Central America.

He an Jill both look happier being close to family  and I'm sure he hangs out with his cousins a lot more than what we see.

For the record I like Jill's outfit and I would actually like the sweater as it I'm always cold and it would go with many outfits,

• Upvote 11

Jill looked so cute with her hair up and sunglasses on that I seriously didn’t recognize her in the photos.

• Upvote 2

On 4/5/2019 at 7:52 PM, Carm_88 said:

Jazz earned her spot not only by her grades, but by putting herself out there in the world as a Trans advocate. Which means that she has had assholes like Derick tweet her and call her a him. She's had death threats and harassment and all kinds of shit, Derick who lives in his little bubble pretending he's persecuted has no idea about. If Derick wants to learn about persecution, he should look to Jazz! 

I like to think that Derdick (and people like him) helped her get into Harvard in their own way. I can see her writing about her advocacy work in her personal statement, and how she learned to deal with online bullies - some of whom are adults. Including one adult who was also on a reality tv show, which gave him a large platform to spread hate. But she has the love and support of her family, and the wisdom and maturity to rise above. Which are skills leaders need. So thank you, Derick, your part in Jazz being able to show the world that that’s a complete badass.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

I'm interested in how much Jill promotes Amy's business.  Sure, I think it's in exchange for freebies, but I really wouldn't expect them to be so close, especially with Derrick being so narrow minded, and Amy's reality tv and rumoured selling stories (was that ever proven?).  The Duggars aren't my primary Fundies, so I don't know if the other Duggar daughters promote it?  Maybe Amy and Jill were close when they were kids or something, but it's a pleasant surprise that they seem close now

• Upvote 3

Jill and Israel both look happy and it looks natural too, not forced like it usually does - it would be so nice if we saw more of it.

• Upvote 10

On 4/7/2019 at 1:43 AM, Lurker said:

Israel looks happy because his father is not there.  When Derrick is  nearby the child is alternately cringing away and trying to get attention.  

This comment hit home for me and I agree with it and @VelociRapture's comment. I had a very horrible relationship with my own male parental unit (I have been trying to actively stop calling him dad and instead use his name when I speak of him as a way to help myself get past the control and hurt and whatnot, but that is hard on an anonymous platform). If you look through photo albums from when I was little you can see a difference in facial expression and body language in me when I was forced to be near him. The starkest example is a set of two photos from I think my second birthday. They are in a small photo album facing each other. One of me sitting on my moms lap next to my birthday cake, smiling, happy, calm, what I would assume was normal me. The other is literally the same photo, just him instead of my mom and the change in little me is crazy. I look unhappy to be there, very stiff. It is the same in all my photos with him, even as I got older. This is not a case of kid being done with getting photos made either. My mom had me well trained with a camera (she was really into hobby photography and loved to use me as subject since I was an only child, so I had practice, not forced, more "pose for the camera" kind of thing). While we of course cannot know for sure, I think it is a real possibility that Izzy's look in photos tells more than is said. Just a thought from personal experience and I of course hope that it is not the case for him.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 12

37 minutes ago, StraightOuttaArkansas said:

This comment hit home for me and I agree with it and @VelociRapture's comment. I had a very horrible relationship with my own male parental unit (I have been trying to actively stop calling him dad and instead use his name when I speak of him as a way to help myself get past the control and hurt and whatnot, but that is hard on an anonymous platform). If you look through photo albums from when I was little you can see a difference in facial expression and body language in me when I was forced to be near him. The starkest example is a set of two photos from I think my second birthday. They are in a small photo album facing each other. One of me sitting on my moms lap next to my birthday cake, smiling, happy, calm, what I would assume was normal me. The other is literally the same photo, just him instead of my mom and the change in little me is crazy. I look unhappy to be there, very stiff. It is the same in all my photos with him, even as I got older. This is not a case of kid being done with getting photos made either. My mom had me well trained with a camera (she was really into hobby photography and loved to use me as subject since I was an only child, so I had practice, not forced, more "pose for the camera" kind of thing). While we of course cannot know for sure, I think it is a real possibility that Izzy's look in photos tells more than is said. Just a thought from personal experience and I of course hope that it is not the case for him.

Yeah. I think it’s certainly possible that Derick is just a bad father. I do think it’s equally as possible - if not more possible - that maybe Derick just isn’t as natural or relaxed around little kids as some of the other dads in the family to be honest. Israel was very likely the first baby he would have been around on a consistent basis and it’s entirely possible that the unease we see in Izzy is just a reflection of Derick being overwhelmed and scared and having no clue what he was doing at the time*. I haven’t really seen the same reaction out of Sam towards Derick and that could very well be because Derick was a bit more relaxed when Sam was born. He wasn’t a first time dad dealing with the public and personal fallout of his BIL’s molestation scandal (which directly affected his wife as she was one of the victims) and struggling to help his young family adjust to life in the mission field, all while having reality television film their lives. I can’t stress enough how big an impact life circumstances like that can have on a young family just starting to find their footing. It can take a very long time to recover from something like that, if you even recover fully at all. 

I think there have definitely been moments where we’ve seen the mutual love Derick and Izzy have for each other. Derick seems to really shine as a parent when he’s doing something with Izzy that reminds him of his own childhood or when he’s just goofing off during playtime. I think if they focused more on activities like that then Izzy would likely look more relaxed around his dad on a more consistent basis. 

*Again, I’m thinking of my husband here. He has a younger brother who was born when he was 7, but otherwise didn’t have a ton of experience with babies when our daughter was born. I had experience babysitting and I had just finished watching my newborn nephew (my mom took over) when I found out I was pregnant with our daughter. We both have a history of anxiety, but out of the two of us I was definitely the more relaxed parent for a while. I’m also our daughter’s main caregiver, so that definitely contributed to how long it took her to warm up to him. Now that she’s almost 2.5 the pair of them are thick as thieves in the cutest possible way. 

• Upvote 17

On 4/6/2019 at 5:41 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Not much of a family party considering the size of the family. But it looks like a nice little party and it looks like Izzy had fun which is all that matters. 

Rufus help any Duggar family member who is expected to show up to every damn birthday party + baby shower + gender reveal + wedding shower + wedding. Those gatherings + church would be your entire social life.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 8

Remember that video where Derick held down one kid (Sam?) while he read both boys the Bible in a bored monotone?  

That was pretty telling about Derick's "parenting" skills. 

Edited by acheronbeach
clarity
  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Rufus help any Duggar family member who is expected to show up to every damn birthday party + baby shower + gender reveal + wedding shower + wedding. Those gatherings + church would be your entire social life.

I didn't say everyone had to be there, I just found it odd, that Izzy's FATHER, GRANDFATHER and Jill's sisterdaughter weren't there.  As someone said this was probably a good way to explain why JB isn't there as it is looking more and more like JIlly and Derelict are persona non grata in JB's world. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

There certainly would be no time for work. Oh, that’s right....never mind.

• Haha 31

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:37 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

Israel always seems so attention starved in all of their home videos so he probably enjoyed his day.

Poor little guy. Can't help but feel bad for Israel and Sam (his brother's name?). I once had a kiddo (approx. was about 10 months old at the time) about in my nursery class (I work with 0-1 yr olds and also 2-3 yr olds) that well you could tell was cared for, but I don't think really ever was paid attention to. (Had several other siblings). Our leaders and myself well of course loved on that kiddo, spent time, made sure kiddo was included in all the playtime, story time, rocking in the chair, blowing bubbles and song time (Okay I didn't know how depressing Ring around the Rosy, Rock a Bye Baby was until I had my own baby). That kiddo  now really blossomed. There's life in the eyes and a smile. Heck that kiddo is now 5, and still NEVER fails to run up to me and give me the biggest hug every single Sunday.

Edited by SassyPantswithASideofClass
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 4

• Georgiana locked this topic