IGNORED

Dillards 75: Keep the Food Out of the Bathroom

Coconut Flan

I didn't start wearing pants until I was 24 and out of my parents house. (my husband "let" me wear them....insert eye roll) and I will never forget how hard it was to wear them in public. I was so scared that someone from my past would see me. It took years for me to feel comfortable wearing them around people from my past. (in all honesty, I still...17 years later am not comfortable wearing them around certain people) I know it's different for everyone, I am only speaking for myself....on my experience....but it was a huge deal for me to start wearing pants. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 3
  • Love 39

@VelociRapture Product knowledge was an essential part of the job.

We had to describe with accuracy! :) 

Those were great Christmas present years for my family.

It was fun. My back isn’t up to retail but I would go back to something like that again. People enjoy candy. I liked the work because it made people happy. And that is the element of customer service I enjoy.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

Back when I was PibblesGirl the Younger's Girl Scout leader, I organized a tour of Baum's Chocolate Factory in Issaquah, WA for her Brownie troop.  Those little girls were mightily impressed, and two of them declared their life's ambition to be chocolatiers.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 4

My grandpa is a pastry chef/chocolatier, and he just had to close his store for health reasons three months ago (he's 83, so pretty amazing he had it so long!). I haven't really wrapped my head around the fact that, the next time I'll visit, there won't be home-made chocolates, and truffles, and cakes. I grew up in this bubble of the highest quality homemade goodies you can imagine. Can you blame me for having a sweet tooth? :)

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 16

@PennySycamore OMG that’s See’s. I can’t believe I didn’t know that. I’ve seen that of course. Not in ages. People love those cursed uniforms. I wore mine to and from work and people knew and would talk about it. They pay well for retail. I think that has to do with it. They really love their image. It’s an old company.

• Upvote 9

I love SEES! I’m going to visit my daughter next week and I often take a 2 lb box ...been trying to stay away from the sweets though. In my younger years when I was very strict with my intake, I could just open a box from Sees, take in a good whiff and be satisfied. I swear that candy smells almost as good as it tastes.

ETA- My only beef, why don’t they label their boxed chocolates? Maybe the employees can remember the different flavors by the candy’s shape and swirl pattern, but most of us can not. Is it an effort to get customers to buy individual pieces? 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 9

On 4/8/2019 at 9:58 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Look Jill did another cute insta post.  

OMG this is my daughter 100%. Granted she's almost 4 so it's a bit safer for her to climb up on the stool but she totally sneaks into the kitchen to steal "snacks". 

Edited by Sullie06
  • Upvote 8

Mmm, I have to make my pre-Easter pilgrimage to the See's store for Easter eggs soon.  Mayfair and divinity for me :-).  Plus a free sample... 

• Upvote 5

@SassyPants
I am in your corner with a standard identity guide. I believe in them. Always have.

Although, yeah, there are diehards who know candy by heart and pick up the same pieces all the time. I would say it is possibly 50/50 on that. People (often men) come in with specific lists of the ones that are required. That happened at Sees way more than Godiva.

It does save on paper.

• Upvote 8

I grew up not too far from the See’s factory. Nothing better than driving by and smelling the caramel. I love that I can chose what I want in The box instead of getting stuck with something I don’t want like coconut. Now I am craving a box of their molasses chips and a peanut butter sucker. So good. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

Between this and the cookie drift in the Jessa thread, I am having a hard time sticking to the food straight and narrow.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 12

32 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Between this and the cookie drift in the Jessa thread, I am having a hard time sticking to the food straight and narrow.

Why don’t Kale and Lentils taste like cookies and candy? Such a cruel, cruel reality!

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 11

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

I feel like both these discussions are just unfair because I’m pregnant. I kind of just want to eat everything right now, but I have to try and be good too. ?

Had we heard this?! Congratulations!! ? 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Congratulations @VelociRapture !!    I’m so excited for you! I’m sure VelociToddler will be an amazing big sister! Will keep you in my prayers (for whatever they’re worth) for a healthy pregnancy. :goldfish:

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Congratulations, @VelociRapture! I’m as happy as I possibly can be for a complete internet stranger that I’ve actually never met! :bigheart: 

(Honestly, super excited for you and your family! I even told my husband and he knew who I was talking about and also sends his congratulations lol) 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Lol! I only mentioned it in two of the closed Clubs I’m in on here. We had a good first ultrasound yesterday with a strong heartbeat and I’ll be 8 weeks on Friday. :) 

Yay! Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy and a delivery so easy that other women hate you a little. :wink-penguin:

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Congratulations, @VelociRapture!  Have a heathy pregnancy and a safe, happy birth!

@Satan'sFortress,  I fell pretty hard off the straight and narrow this afternoon with Red Velvet Oreos. I felt like I deserved it though.  I've got a cold and yesterday was especially miserable with absolutely zero energy.

@SassyPants,  I was at the dentist recently and both he and I agreed that we hate kale!  Maybe I did not make it right, but based on that one experience with kale it is on my don't not like list.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

@VelociRapture
One of my favorite gift items to do up were the It's a boy and It's a girl cigars and lollipops at Sees. It's super hard to tie 30 lollipops together in a gift sack. But yum!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Congratulations, @VelociRapture!  Have a heathy pregnancy and a safe, happy birth!

@Satan'sFortress,  I fell pretty hard off the straight and narrow this afternoon with Red Velvet Oreos. I felt like I deserved it though.  I've got a cold and yesterday was especially miserable with absolutely zero energy.

@SassyPants,  I was at the dentist recently and both he and I agreed that we hate kale!  Maybe I did not make it right, but based on that one experience with kale it is on my don't not like list.

I get a community agriculture box every week. I live in a huge growing region, primarily vegetables. So for the past 8 weeks  we have received kale, radishes and beets among other items. Now I like most veggies, and I do like all of the above, but not for 8 weeks in a row. This does encourage force us to eat local and sustainable while supporting local businesses.

• Upvote 11

• Georgiana locked this topic