IGNORED

Priscilla and David 9: Starting Their Own Flipping Business?

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m picturing something like this. A dress that is just.way.too.much.

8E93171A-3C07-4F3E-82F3-D20E4F891A67.jpeg

That is giving me full body shudders and my retinas hurt now. Lol! 
I agree with you, AND I think it’ll have been altered for “modesty” with the same slapdash efforts fundies usually put into their wedding dresses. Like Erin Bates...I think she’s very sweet, but HER. DRESS.

• Upvote 5

On 12/4/2019 at 4:16 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

I don't know they used to always highlight when Pris brothers were visiting I honestly just think they do not like the Rods are the Rods still o. The outbwith the duggars for their behavior with was it Jingers wedding

What did the rods do??

• Upvote 1

If Priscilla is due at the end of May, she is 14 weeks along now, meaning that she was around 8 weeks along in the video with the baby bump from Philip's birthday. I am always saying to not speculate about a pregnancy based on a woman's body, but if we are speculating anyway, does Priscilla not look much further along than 8 weeks in the video with the baby bump? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I had a friend who gave birth in september. She showed very early and it was her first pregnancy. It turned out she had a fibroid on the outside and top of her uterus which fed on the pregnancy hormones and got huge and bowed forward. She looked 5 months pregnant at 10 weeks and I can't remember the exact size, but the fibroid was several inches by the time they did an ultrasound of it. Bodies are weird.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

I had a friend who gave birth in september. She showed very early and it was her first pregnancy. It turned out she had a fibroid on the outside and top of her uterus which fed on the pregnancy hormones and got huge and bowed forward. She looked 5 months pregnant at 10 weeks and I can't remember the exact size, but the fibroid was several inches by the time they did an ultrasound of it. Bodies are weird.

Your last sentence. Bodies are weird because there isn’t some template that we all follow exactly. Therefore some women show early (like Pris Waller and Courtney Rogers), and some show late like so many of the Bates daughters. 

I showed very late with my first and showed earlier with my second. So even my two pregnancies (where I was having boys both times) were different. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On 12/5/2019 at 5:38 PM, scarlettphoenix said:

Like Erin Bates...I think she’s very sweet, but HER. DRESS.

It's amazing to think how fast the Bates girls evolved in their wedding dress tastes in only six years. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

It's amazing to think how fast the Bates girls evolved in their wedding dress tastes in only six years. 

Tori had a BEAUTIFUL dress 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

The Bates dresses have gotten better with time because there are many more dresses available that fit their modestly standards. Long sleeves and higher necklines are much more popular now. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, scarlettphoenix said:

What did the rods do??

Besides generally just being themselves, you mean? 

There was a lot of speculation about Jill having exposed to the public some private info about the wedding (by posting a photo of the invite, I believe it was). 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

4 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

Besides generally just being themselves, you mean? 

There was a lot of speculation about Jill having exposed to the public some private info about the wedding (by posting a photo of the invite, I believe it was). 

The photo of the invite was Joy’s wedding (the partially hidden text may have said that the venue might not fit everyone who was invited). The Rods did attend Jinger’s wedding, and afterwards they parked their RV at the Duggars’ house, did their laundry there, posted photos of the house (possibly after being asked not to), and generally wore out their welcome.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, nausicaa said:

It's amazing what access to teevee money can provide.

On 12/5/2019 at 5:24 PM, scarlettphoenix said:

I’m betting on her wedding dress being an absolute shit show. I mean, fundies don’t typically have good taste in wedding gowns, but this is The Rods we’re  talking about. 

Counting on it! (Duggar pun intended)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The photo of the invite was Joy’s wedding (the partially hidden text may have said that the venue might not fit everyone who was invited). The Rods did attend Jinger’s wedding, and afterwards they parked their RV at the Duggars’ house, did their laundry there, posted photos of the house (possibly after being asked not to), and generally wore out their welcome.

You mean they weren’t trying to “be a blessing” to the Duggar fam? Wowwww 

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, scarlettphoenix said:

You mean they weren’t trying to “be a blessing” to the Duggar fam? Wowwww 

Oh, I’m sure the Duggars felt very blessed - when the Rod’s RV became smaller and smaller in the distance. 

Aren’t the Rods the mean and vile version of uncle Eddie from National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation? 

DA38C84C-5475-4B67-83A3-8F34C2FEC01B.gif

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 17
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

Oh, I’m sure the Duggars felt very blessed - when the Rod’s RV became smaller and smaller in the distance. 

Aren’t the Rods the mean and vile version of uncle Eddie from National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation? 

DA38C84C-5475-4B67-83A3-8F34C2FEC01B.gif

God this comparison is perfect ?

I can just see JRod out there in her hideous lipstick and 80s ‘do, telling Boob the shitter was full. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

On 12/6/2019 at 9:34 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m picturing something like this. A dress that is just.way.too.much.

8E93171A-3C07-4F3E-82F3-D20E4F891A67.jpeg

When I was getting married, one of my very pushy colleagues decided I needed to wear her dress. The way she described it, it sounded gorgeous - I asked if I could see some photos. Next day she presented me with a picture remarkably like this, but it had way more ruffles. I had to figure out how to politely say ‘thanks but no thanks’ but she wouldn’t take no for an answer! 
I ended up quitting the job before I got married (and not because of the dress haha).
I ended up choosing a dress without a single ruffle. And it was sleeveless too. 

Edited by adidas
  • Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, adidas said:

When I was getting married, one of my very pushy colleagues decided I needed to wear her dress. The way she described it, it sounded gorgeous - I asked if I could see some photos. Next day she presented me with a picture remarkably like this, but I had way more ruffles. I had to figure out how to politely say thanks but no thanks’ but she wouldn’t take no for an answer! 
I ended up quitting the job before I got married (and not because of the dress haha).
I ended up choosing a dress without a single ruffle. And it was sleeveless too. 

What’s funny is that I don’t mind lace, ruffles, beading, long trains, gathering, embroidery, etc. But I hate when all of it is together in one dress! And I imagine Nurie will have way too much all in one dress. I believe Less is more when it comes to so many things but I know Jill believes more is more. And she passed that belief onto Nurie.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

If the ‘80s dress in that photo had fewer ruffles on the bottom and the leg o’mutton sleeves were more like leg of lamb, I would quite like it. But what the hell is that on her head?! A tulle mushroom cloud?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

If the ‘80s dress in that photo had fewer ruffles on the bottom and the leg o’mutton sleeves were more like leg of lamb, I would quite like it. But what the hell is that on her head?! A tulle mushroom cloud?

Exactly. All of it put together is just TOO MUCH. I think with wedding dresses that you need one major stand out. Like a simple dress with a long dramatic train. When the dress has like 6 different things that stand out, where are you supposed to look?

On 12/7/2019 at 8:40 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bates dresses have gotten better with time because there are many more dresses available that fit their modestly standards. Long sleeves and higher necklines are much more popular now. 

That and more importantly, I think their wedding budgets have grown substantially. Same with the Duggars.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, freethemall said:

That and more importantly, I think their wedding budgets have grown substantially. Same with the Duggars.

I think WHO they are marrying matters a lot. Anna had no family money to contribute to her wedding to Josh. Whitney was estranged from her parents and I imagine her foster parents weren’t rolling in the money. I think some of the families that the Bates and Duggar children have married into lately, are smaller and have a little more money to contribute to the weddings. The Bates girls have also learned more about hair and makeup through schooling. Therefore their wedding day looks are a bit more polished. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 12/6/2019 at 2:09 PM, SorenaJ said:

If Priscilla is due at the end of May, she is 14 weeks along now, meaning that she was around 8 weeks along in the video with the baby bump from Philip's birthday. I am always saying to not speculate about a pregnancy based on a woman's body, but if we are speculating anyway, does Priscilla not look much further along than 8 weeks in the video with the baby bump? 

I would have guessed she was further than 8 weeks. However, every pregnancy is wildly different. I was 21 weeks with #1 before my clothes started to "not fit" around the waist. But for #2, I had to start wearing loose/elastic/maternity pants at 6 weeks!  And #3 baby was more "normal" at about 12 weeks.

• Upvote 1

IIRC, Pris was in labor with Paul (her first) for 26 hours and he was over 9 lbs.  I can see that doing a number on one's insides.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic