IGNORED

Priscilla and David 9: Starting Their Own Flipping Business?

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

9 lbs???? 26 hours?? Ohhmylanta.

To quote comedian Rita Rudner, “I don’t even want to do anything that feels *good* for 26 hours!”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12

My first child was a long labor. But the contractions were all over the place at first. I was overdue and my first contraction was exactly at midnight. And it was painful. I was in bed about to fall asleep when it happened. I was not happy. I would have much rather it happened after a full night of sleep. So since they were very irregular. I would fall asleep for like 5 minutes and then get a contraction. So I got no sleep that night. Plus I was in and out of the bathroom all night long. Your body decides to completely empty out in preparation. So that was lovely. Then I was having contractions all day long while they were putting on a new roof on my house. So I was moaning on the couch all day long while the roofers hammered away. They were finished by the time I went to the hospital around dinner time. I begged for an epidural immediately. I was mostly just tired as all hell and needed to rest. That’s the biggest reason for the epidural. I was just exhausted after 18 hours of contractions and no sleep the night before. So after I got an epidural, I rested. I couldn’t sleep but I relaxed in my room and shut my eyes for a bit. That really helped because it took me 90 minutes to push him out. By the time I had pushed him out it had been over 26 hours of contractions and labor. I didn’t sleep that night either. I was going on 48 hours of no sleep by the time I took a nap after he was born. 

My second one was born in less than 2 hours start to finish and I thought I would have a baby in the car. I had two very different birthing experiences.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

My second was a 38 hour labour. I missed Dinner so ate nothing. A Doctor popped in and chewed off the midwife's ear for not checking  when I had last eaten then ordered a glucose drip ASAP. The drippy midwife hadn't asked me anything about food. I couldn't have an epidural due to my damaged spinal cord. Gas and air is the best invention! The Doctor came back a couple hours later -baby born by  Vontuse (sp). My blood sugars were reallllllly low. All ended well thanks to that Brilliant Doctor. We heard later that the midwife had been making daft decisions for months. She was taken off the wards and sent for 6 months re-training then had to work along side a midwife trainer for a few months. Some folk just don't have the 'it' that midwifery  demands. She certainly didn't. 

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

My second was a 38 hour labour. I missed Dinner so ate nothing. A Doctor popped in and chewed off the midwife's ear for not checking  when I had last eaten then ordered a glucose drip ASAP. The drippy midwife hadn't asked me anything about food. I couldn't have an epidural due to my damaged spinal cord. Gas and air is the best invention! The Doctor came back a couple hours later -baby born by  Vontuse (sp). My blood sugars were reallllllly low. All ended well thanks to that Brilliant Doctor. We heard later that the midwife had been making daft decisions for months. She was taken off the wards and sent for 6 months re-training then had to work along side a midwife trainer for a few months. Some folk just don't have the 'it' that midwifery  demands. She certainly didn't. 

Was her name Jill by any chance?! ;) 

• Haha 8

On 12/8/2019 at 8:06 AM, gustava said:

I'd rather have the Diana '80's wedding dress than the corset styles on SYTTD.

I look at Pnina's dresses and I think that somewhere in Tel Aviv, a hooker is missing her dress.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

On 12/5/2019 at 4:34 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m picturing something like this. A dress that is just.way.too.much.

8E93171A-3C07-4F3E-82F3-D20E4F891A67.jpeg

My best friend's dress was like that. It was the style back then. My dress was almost exactly the following but it wasn't off the shoulder and the sleeves weren't quite so poofy (and no roses either). The picture is kind of odd but you  can see the material at the bottom. It was an off white too 

c3993543ae4748c0143c03758be5cb7d.jpg

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

My best friend's dress was like that. It was the style back then. My dress was almost exactly the following but it wasn't off the shoulder and the sleeves weren't quite so poofy (and no roses either). The picture is kind of odd but you  can see the material at the bottom. It was an off white too 

Sure the dress pictured is dated, but I don’t think it’s ugly or even too much. It doesn’t have too much going on. And the material is pretty. However I do think Princess Diana’s dress was too much. I think it just enveloped her. The dress wore her. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sure the dress pictured is dated, but I don’t think it’s ugly or even too much. It doesn’t have too much going on. And the material is pretty. However I do think Princess Diana’s dress was too much. I think it just enveloped her. The dress wore her. 

I know in my case ruffles and too puffy sleeves would have worn me and not me wearing the dress. That is why I went simple and the most flashy thing was the material. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

all those sleevesless mermaid dresses with a sweatheart neckline and a bling belt are going to look dated too . 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, hasunah said:

all those sleevesless mermaid dresses with a sweatheart neckline and a bling belt are going to look dated too . 

Most wedding dresses will look dated. It’s how fashion works. Especially fast fashion. But some age much better than others. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

Not to change the subject, but I was just browsing DavidlovesPriscilla and saw David interviewed racist missionary Otto Koning (of Pineapple Story infamy), who claims the natives of Irian Java gave him a “hard time” because they were “controlled by Satan.” Wtaf. 
The Wallers have always fascinated me because they seem so lily , Dresden doll, white. This juxtaposed with David interviewing this dick just feels...like white privilege. And gross.

ETA: I made the mistake of listening to the whole Koning interview and he mentioned that Jews are also following Satan. So he’s an anti-Semite too. And Gil Bates is humping his leg and trying to sell his book along with David. And then the Duggars are videocasted in talking about how the fucking Pineapple Story    Inspired their spawn to do oversea missionary work. 

Edited by Pleiades_06
  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 7
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Pleiades_06 said:

ETA: I made the mistake of listening to the whole Koning interview and he mentioned that Jews are also following Satan. So he’s an anti-Semite too. And Gil Bates is humping his leg and trying to sell his book along with David. And then the Duggars are videocasted in talking about how the fucking Pineapple Story    Inspired their spawn to do oversea missionary work. 

I imagine the Duggars and Bates patriarchs have encountered some Jewish staff members when pimping their families out on TV while trying to hide child molestation and the treatment of teenage girls by Gothard.  Bet they know to keep their miserable, ignorant, mf-ing traps shut about who's following Satan when the cameras are rolling and the $$s are pouring in.

Edited by Dandruff
clarity
  • Upvote 8

On 12/6/2019 at 2:00 PM, scarlettphoenix said:

What did the rods do??

They did not do anything other than being the Rods and the rumors of a fallout with the Duggars is an FJ urban legend. Michelle donated to a gofundme just last year when the Rods had a car accident.

On 12/7/2019 at 1:33 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The photo of the invite was Joy’s wedding (the partially hidden text may have said that the venue might not fit everyone who was invited). The Rods did attend Jinger’s wedding, and afterwards they parked their RV at the Duggars’ house, did their laundry there, posted photos of the house (possibly after being asked not to), and generally wore out their welcome.

@Pancakes@Tiffany's pretty much researched the hell out of this and determined that there is  no Rodrigues-Duggar feud. She posted about it at length with evidence.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

For anyone curious about what I looked up about JRod vs. the Duggars it's posted here (if link doesn't work) towards the bottom of page 7 of JRod 118.
https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32888-jrod-118-sewing-wedding-gowns-from-miss-havishams-rotted-lace/page/7/?tab=comments#comment-1844753

Edited by Pancakes@Tiffany's
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

Family conferences Instagram posted this last month. It’s the IBLP Page.

1625B2C6-7789-4514-8416-899FE84A66E4.jpeg

And here’s a pic of Michael and Brandon with him:

7BF25CC7-70A2-454B-A634-7976954F2F7E.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Disgust 2
  • Thank You 5

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Family conferences Instagram posted this last month. It’s the IBLP Page.

1625B2C6-7789-4514-8416-899FE84A66E4.jpeg

And here’s a pic of Michael and Brandon with him:

7BF25CC7-70A2-454B-A634-7976954F2F7E.jpeg

Who is the tall guy to the right of Koning ?

• 2 weeks later...

So they’re having a boy... can anyone remind me what are the boys’ names? Phillip and Paul? So we may have a little Peter or... philomen? I’m blanking I’m P names... phineas, I mean there are some modern names like Parker and Paxton... hmmm. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I definitely guess Peter for afiest name. However I’m unsure of the middle name. I am thinking maybe Michael or Christian for a middle name. 

On 12/13/2019 at 12:27 PM, libgirl2 said:

I love how it’s called “Dream Maker,” which makes it sound like a mattress brand. 

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2019 at 10:03 PM, Pleiades_06 said:

Not to change the subject, but I was just browsing DavidlovesPriscilla and saw David interviewed racist missionary Otto Koning (of Pineapple Story infamy), who claims the natives of Irian Java gave him a “hard time” because they were “controlled by Satan.” Wtaf. 

I'm not sure if they included it in this interview, but in the original Pineapple Story Otto casually mentions letting children die because the "natives" didn't bend to his will. It is pretty clear he didn't understand their culture at all and never even tried to do understand. 

• Upvote 5

OK, my first Pecan-related thought of the new year...they wouldn't dare name that child Prince, for "Prince of Peace", would they?

• Haha 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic