IGNORED

Josh, Anna, the M' kids Part 19: Josh's Thwarted Ambitions

samurai_sarah

12 hours ago, Anna Bolinas said:

I just can't muster up any good will towards Josh. At the end of the day, a lot of the shitty parts of his life are attributable to him. He molested his sisters. He cheated on his wife. He preached all the typical fundie beliefs in the day and then went to strip clubs at night. He acted like he was better than everyone else, but he wasn't. Obviously blame can also be traced to his parents and their adherence to the cult, but still. I think it's fitting punishment that he's stuck back in Arkansas with no prospects and infamy instead of fame. I only wish the kids (and Anna) weren't stuck with him.

I can't either for those very reasons and that he accused other groups of being molesters even thought he was one himself.

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Wasn't this house in close-to-deplorable condition when JB's umbrella bought it? They really fixed it up. It served its purpose of having Josh's family secreted away for the time being, and maybe now they will be living closer to the mothership. I wonder if another deplorable house was purchased and all the J'kids did the remodeling/upgrading and it was ready for a family and that's where Josh/Anna moved?

And that makes me think... when a house like the one Josh is selling sells, does the profit go into JB's umbrella and then funds are distributed to the kids who did the work (in theory, of course JB would still hold the pursestrings?) Don't they do a lot of this? 

@Bobology‘s comment from the previous thread. 

That house was never owned by the Duggar Trust or Duggar Properties LLC. It was purchased by Josh and Anna, then it was transferred to ABL Investments LLC when Josh went to Jesus Jail. We couldn’t find the owners of the LLC but I believe it was still Josh and Anna. I don’t think Jim Bob and Michelle would have created a new LLC just for this house when they already have the Duggar Trust and Duggar Properties LLC. Based on all that, I think Josh and Anna are the ones profiting from the sale not Jim Bob and Michelle.

Also, Anna’s family helped with the remodel in addition to the Duggars. There are pictures from Priscilla and David’s blog http://davidlovespriscilla.com/2015/08/11/visit-with-family/

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

15 hours ago, Anna Bolinas said:

I think it's fitting punishment that he's stuck back in Arkansas with no prospects and infamy instead of fame. I only wish the kids (and Anna) weren't stuck with him.

I think it's a fitting punishment for what he's done.  Yes, I hold JB and J'chelle responsible for handling the molestations as they did with disastrous consequences, they have some part in this.  I feel sorry for Anna and the kids.  I feel for the victims that are in the family.  I get that maybe he wanted more in his life.  But still I think there should be consequences and going back to NWA in disgrace was appropriate.  But what is worse?  He has no escape.  He has no education, no prospects, his name is forever tarnished, he's dependent on family.  There's a lot of things that people can overlook, even infidelity,  but molesting your sisters is not one of them.  The announcement when his last child was born was met with comments of "how can she have a baby with him after what he's done?"  Not ooohs and aaahs from fans.  Folks remember stuff like this.   

He's truly stuck in the place that he wanted to escape from.    I would say it might be Joshley's personal hell.   Maybe he's learned that hell isn't in the hereafter, it can be right now.  

• Upvote 35

3 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

I think it's a fitting punishment for what he's done.  Yes, I hold JB and J'chelle responsible for handling the molestations as they did with disastrous consequences, they have some part in this.  I feel sorry for Anna and the kids.  I feel for the victims that are in the family.  I get that maybe he wanted more in his life.  But still I think there should be consequences and going back to NWA in disgrace was appropriate.  But what is worse?  He has no escape.  He has no education, no prospects, his name is forever tarnished, he's dependent on family.  There's a lot of things that people can overlook, even infidelity,  but molesting your sisters is not one of them.  The announcement when his last child was born was met with comments of "how can she have a baby with him after what he's done?"  Not ooohs and aaahs from fans.  Folks remember stuff like this.   

He's truly stuck in the place that he wanted to escape from.    I would say it might be Joshley's personal hell.   Maybe he's learned that hell isn't in the hereafter, it can be right now.  

And he's not unable to move on.  He can move on, in smaller, local circles.  He's likely never going to be able to be a national celebrity or respected national figure ever again, which I think is appropriate, but he absolutely is able to get a job and work his way up.  There are many manual jobs that will take just about any able bodied person at the entry level, and then allow you to work your way up based on your job experience and performance.  Josh could earn a good living in construction and later become a contractor if he wants to put in the work.  He likely would not have too many issues if he went back to school to learn a trade.  There are tons of skilled, white collar positions that may be willing to overlook his history as well.

But you have to either have a good work ethic or a skill to offer.  The issue with Josh is that he's used to coasting on the basis of his name, and the name "Joshua Duggar" is no longer one you can coast on.  He needs to come to terms with that and move on with his life instead of trying to hang on thru Anna.  It really makes him look particularly pathetic how he is handling his downfall.  

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

But you have to either have a good work ethic or a skill to offer.  The issue with Josh is that he's used to coasting on the basis of his name, and the name "Joshua Duggar" is no longer one you can coast on. 

@Georgiana I agree that he could move on and in local circles, if he put in the necessary work.  But that's the problem, he is not going to put in the work, he has always relied on the family name and their fame to open doors for him.  Even at the peak of his career, meaning his FRC job, it was clear it was the name, not the abilities that got him in the door.  As soon as the name was sullied, he was gone.   I agree that he hasn't come to terms with that. 

11 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

There are tons of skilled, white collar positions that may be willing to overlook his history as well.

Technically he does not have to disclose on applications, but it's the notoriety and the downside of fame.   His parents screwed up by not going the legal route which paradoxically, would have sealed the records and nothing public would have come out.  He would have been protected from disclosure even though he would face the authorities.  As things turned out, he has no legal record but he was not protected from disclosure. 

There's probably some folks around who would give him a chance.  Certainly if he put in the effort and had something to offer, he could convince someone that he's seen the error of his ways, was forgiven, etc.  Actually being in NWA  he is more likely to find people who would accept that.  

• Upvote 22

25 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

@Georgiana I agree that he could move on and in local circles, if he put in the necessary work.  But that's the problem, he is not going to put in the work, he has always relied on the family name and their fame to open doors for him.  Even at the peak of his career, meaning his FRC job, it was clear it was the name, not the abilities that got him in the door.  As soon as the name was sullied, he was gone.   I agree that he hasn't come to terms with that. 

Technically he does not have to disclose on applications, but it's the notoriety and the downside of fame.   His parents screwed up by not going the legal route which paradoxically, would have sealed the records and nothing public would have come out.  He would have been protected from disclosure even though he would face the authorities.  As things turned out, he has no legal record but he was not protected from disclosure. 

There's probably some folks around who would give him a chance.  Certainly if he put in the effort and had something to offer, he could convince someone that he's seen the error of his ways, was forgiven, etc.  Actually being in NWA  he is more likely to find people who would accept that.  

Yeah, Josh just needs to find an employer who doesn't know about his past and doesn't do background checks.  I would imagine there are a lot of those, if he goes for smaller employers or entry level positions.  Or he could use personal connections (such as through his church) to find someone who would be either willing to vouch for the fact that he has changed OR be familiar enough with Josh already and positively that they would be willing to give him a chance.  It's a slice of humble pie to get back on your feet after a fall from grace, but he definitely has options.  People do recover from scandals like this.

But like you said, he's not willing to put in the effort.  And after so long, the people in his circles may be well aware of his lack of work ethic and may not be interested in sticking their necks out for him.  I think he and Anna were planning on a Duggar Redemption Tour after their new baby and 10th wedding anniversary, but the reception to their birth announcement probably put that hope to bed.  

Cry me a river, build a bridge, and GET OVER IT, Josh.  You got kicked off the gravy train, and it ain't never coming back around for you.  Time to pull your weight.  

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

He likely would not have too many issues if he went back to school to learn a trade. <referring to Josh>

Is this what you meant? Everything else is spot on. (This is not a dig at all homeschoolers, just some, including the Duggars. I'm actually in favor of homeschooling for some children.)

• Upvote 7

It’s been years since the scandal broke, Josh needs to get his shit together and figure out how to support his family. Expanding on what others said about his work ethic, this is just another example of not having one. People aren’t going to look kindly on a job applicant who has just sat on his ass feeling sorry for himself for such a long time period.

But I do agree it will be easier for people to overlook his notoriety in NWA than DC. There’s more people with similar mindsets who believe in Jesus camp as a cure. DC is more likely to have people who are concerned with the optics of hiring a douche canoe like him. And I think even if he were to learn a trade, less people in DC would be comfortable having him in their home if he was a plumber or electrician or something.

• Upvote 16

I think some sort of transportation related job would be a perfect for Josh. A bus or truck driver match his skill sets. Personally, I think he should hit up WM. They must need drivers. He doesn’t work because he doesn’t think he needs to work hard, or for anyone else. In this, is parents trained experts.

• Upvote 5

Could Josh be an Uber/Lyft driver? Would he pass the background check, if they have them? I bet Josh is stewing over Dewreck going to a real law school, since he wanted to be a lawyer at one time and was surrounded by them in DC.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Could Josh be an Uber/Lyft driver? Would he pass the background check, if they have them? I bet Josh is stewing over Dewreck going to a real law school, since he wanted to be a lawyer at one time and was surrounded by them in DC.

*shudders at the thought of Josh becoming a Uber/Lyft driver*

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

We have been reporting/tweeting to Uber and Lyft about a driver from Georgia for several months. He's a known white supremacist with videos posted about killing members of BLM and muslims. He also records his videos in his vehicle and likes to show all of his weapons in the car. They've done nothing. We got him removed permanently from YouTube and banned for 30 day stretches on FB, yet he continues to be employed as a driver. It's maddening. 

All this to say, Yeah I think Uber and Lyft would take Josh. 

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 26
  • Love 1

I just think about this post, on the TwoXChromosomes subreddit, in which a woman talks about the Uber driver taking her for her abortion tries to talk her out of it and then finally leaves her on the side of the road.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 9
  • WTF 9

Sorry. Not buying it. That does not sound like any Uber driver I have ever had and I take Uber’s most every morning for years. They get rated and this dude was going Around doing this he would have been banned very quickly. And she could have said she preferred not to discuss it and not responded. End of. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Sorry. Not buying it. That does not sound like any Uber driver I have ever had and I take Uber’s most every morning for years. They get rated and this dude was going Around doing this he would have been banned very quickly. And she could have said she preferred not to discuss it and not responded. End of. 

I believe it. They don’t screen drivers and there are definitely some crazies who get through. Our area recently had an Uber driver rape a drunken woman he took home from a bar. Not your average Uber driver, but it can certainly happen. 

I also have a friend with a brother who has untreated mental health issues. He worked for both Uber and lyft before getting fired from them for poor reviews. But it took both quite awhile to fire him. It’s entirely possible she got a new and shitty driver who thought proselytizing was part of the gig.

Edited by apandaaries
  • Upvote 21
  • WTF 1

7 minutes ago, apandaaries said:

I believe it. They don’t screen drivers and there are definitely some crazies who get through. Our area recently had an Uber driver rape a drunken woman he took home from a bar. Not your average Uber driver, but it can certainly happen. 

I also have a friend with a brother who has untreated mental health issues. He worked for both Uber and lyft before getting fired from them for poor reviews. But it took both quite awhile to fire him. It’s entirely possible she got a new and shitty driver who thought proselytizing was part of the gig.

I'm a bit skeptical, only because it does seem a bit odd that the driver would know that address is that of an abortion provider unless he keeps tabs on where all the abortion providers are at.

That being said, some scary people have gotten driving gigs.

• Upvote 8

This totally could have happened, but by default I no longer believe any dramatic anecdotes I read online (or any of the hilarious "candid" stories/photos/videos either).

Sometimes I go on an askreddit browsing binge, and I have to remind myself that any anecdote I'm reading could be complete and utter bullshit. But at least it's entertaining bullshit!

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

At one time Josh was supposedly taking online college classes. I suppose that idea is long gone. He could at least study business or accounting to help himself manage his own "bidness" (as he famously said in that first season of Too Damned Many Kids And Counting). Anna is the one who got the car lot organized--Joshy just wanted hand sex and then real sex.

I doubt they are starving though. I know people in my rural area (in a different midwestern state) who do fine flipping houses or buying property and then selling at a better price over time. Used cars do sell. Junk sells online. He CAN support his wife and kids pretty easily when you consider no mortgage, no car loan, no student loans.

I had lost track of where they were living [beyond near JB/M] I thought they were living in the house with the pool--my bad.

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

This totally could have happened, but by default I no longer believe any dramatic anecdotes I read online (or any of the hilarious "candid" stories/photos/videos either).

Sometimes I go on an askreddit browsing binge, and I have to remind myself that any anecdote I'm reading could be complete and utter bullshit. But at least it's entertaining bullshit!

Mmm yeah. I've seen way too many people online make shit up to garner sympathy and stir up outrage. These types thrive in SJ oriented communities, unfortunately. From the looks of that reddit post's comments, the mods will shut down any skeptical commenters.

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 2

Josh hasn't done himself any favours since the scandals broke, when it came out he had molested his sister's and another girl in his teens, he released a statement then had his parents and two of his victims face the media to defend him. After the Ashley Madison scandal, he left for 6 months and left Anna facing the public and looking after the children. He seems to just act like as if nothing happened and maybe if he had publicly shown some remorse for what he had done to both his victims and his wife, he wouldn't be in the position he is in.

Josh could have gotten another job, not Duggar connected if he had been willing to put the work in. Josh when he had the car lot had John David do a lot of the work, Josh never seemed to appreciate the help John David gave him. He only got the Washington job because he was in the public eye and the FRC wanted someone high profile to represent them, that backfired big time. Josh needs to start supporting his wife and children beyond doing odd jobs for Jim Bob.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Let’s be real, Joshy boy didn’t get that FRC gig on his own.  I’m sure Boob brokered it for him. 

Josh is even lazier than Dillwank.  He was given a house, a wife, a business, and a ‘real’ job, and he has nothing to show for it.

Even with his past, if he had owned up to it like a man and truly tried to make amends, he’d be in a much different position.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic