IGNORED

Josh, Anna, the M' kids Part 19: Josh's Thwarted Ambitions

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Let’s be real, Joshy boy didn’t get that FRC gig on his own.  I’m sure Boob brokered it for him. 

Josh is even lazier than Dillwank.  He was given a house, a wife, a business, and a ‘real’ job, and he has nothing to show for it.

Even with his past, if he had owned up to it like a man and truly tried to make amends, he’d be in a much different position.

Do we know if Josh/Anna no longer have a home; haven’t decided to upsize? I know in the world we all live in a family like Josh and Anna’s would be on welfare or renting in a lousy neighborhood, but these are Duggars. These folks are like cats, always land on their feet. 

• Upvote 4

I also call bull on that Uber story.  The office was an hour away.  We're supposed to expect this guy is familiar enough with medical offices AN HOUR AWAY from his general location that he knows where he is going just from an address?  And how was she an hour late when she only waited 25 minutes?  

Moreover though, you can't just schedule an abortion from a pregnancy test.  I know that, because if you could have done that...I would have.  But no.  Pregnancy is a medical diagnosis, a diagnosis you need before you can schedule an abortion, and a stick you pee on is not a doctor.  You have to first go in for a preliminary appointment so they can confirm your pregnancy, establish timelines, etc. AND THEN you can move on to scheduling your abortion.  This is especially true for a medical abortion like this person supposedly had because they need to make sure you're in the right time-frame of your pregnancy, are not at risk from the drugs due to other medical issues, etc.  I actually tried to lump them together in the same appointment so I could be within the time-frame for a medical abortion, and they wouldn't let me.  So the fact that she took a pregnancy test and then immediately was able to schedule her abortion rings very false to me.  It's something someone (including myself before I was in that situation) would assume is how it works, but it is not, in fact, how it works. 

That being said, there are plenty of shitty uber and lyft drivers out there.  But this particular story reads to me as someone looking for attention.  

• Upvote 13
  • Love 4

16 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Even with his past, if he had owned up to it like a man and truly tried to make amends, he’d be in a much different position.

Someone people will never learn.   It's possible that the time for Josh to have developed a work ethic, work to earn something on his own merits and not on the family name / fame, is past.   If it didn't happen when he was younger, it's not going to happen now.  

Maybe if he didn't have a family, then maybe JB could have tossed him out to sink or swim but with a family dependent on Josh, I suspect JB can't bring himself to do that.  If that is case (probably) then Josh knows this which means he is still relying on his dad and family to get by, just in a different way.  Before it was the family fame, now it's knowing that his parents won't let his family starve.   Josh will be on financial outpatient care for as long as his parents live.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Josh hasn't done himself any favours since the scandals broke, when it came out he had molested his sister's and another girl in his teens, he released a statement then had his parents and two of his victims face the media to defend him. After the Ashley Madison scandal, he left for 6 months and left Anna facing the public and looking after the children. He seems to just act like as if nothing happened and maybe if he had publicly shown some remorse for what he had done to both his victims and his wife, he wouldn't be in the position he is in.

Josh could have gotten another job, not Duggar connected if he had been willing to put the work in. Josh when he had the car lot had John David do a lot of the work, Josh never seemed to appreciate the help John David gave him. He only got the Washington job because he was in the public eye and the FRC wanted someone high profile to represent them, that backfired big time. Josh needs to start supporting his wife and children beyond doing odd jobs for Jim Bob.

This is all what we think Josh should do, but by not doing it he doesn't suffer a lot of consequences. Sure his public image is bad, but it wouldn't be much better anyway. He seems to be living a comfortable lifestyle supported by JB, and the cult has had his wife and sisters forgive him, I could see why he would choose the easy route rather than the right route.

16 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I also call bull on that Uber story.  The office was an hour away.  We're supposed to expect this guy is familiar enough with medical offices AN HOUR AWAY from his general location that he knows where he is going just from an address?  And how was she an hour late when she only waited 25 minutes?  

Moreover though, you can't just schedule an abortion from a pregnancy test.  I know that, because if you could have done that...I would have.  But no.  Pregnancy is a medical diagnosis, a diagnosis you need before you can schedule an abortion, and a stick you pee on is not a doctor.  You have to first go in for a preliminary appointment so they can confirm your pregnancy, establish timelines, etc. AND THEN you can move on to scheduling your abortion.  This is especially true for a medical abortion like this person supposedly had because they need to make sure you're in the right time-frame of your pregnancy, are not at risk from the drugs due to other medical issues, etc.  I actually tried to lump them together in the same appointment so I could be within the time-frame for a medical abortion, and they wouldn't let me.  So the fact that she took a pregnancy test and then immediately was able to schedule her abortion rings very false to me.  It's something someone (including myself before I was in that situation) would assume is how it works, but it is not, in fact, how it works. 

That being said, there are plenty of shitty uber and lyft drivers out there.  But this particular story reads to me as someone looking for attention.  

What you need to schedule an abortion varies state by state. When I had one I was able to schedule it and they just confirmed pregnancy test and ultrasound for the date at the beginning of the appointment

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

As much as Josh is scum, we don't know that his current approach of pretending that nothing happened is his choice alone. I can totally see JB and Michelle taking the view that the LESS that this is mentioned, the better. They remind me of my in-laws who also believe that the best way to deal with a problem is to pretend that it doesn't exist, and then double down extra hard if that problem is related to some sort of family drama. It's also equally as possible that Anna begged to have no further public drama and in her view so long as she's forgiven him and he got that half-assed treatment, there is nothing further to say on the matter.

Since Josh is lazy, uneducated and not that bright, he doesn't really have a lot of job opportunities, particularly not jobs that would actually support a family of 7. He's totally reliant on JB and his cash and so long as that's the case, I think he'll just go along with what he's told.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

Okay I tried to go back and see if I missed a thing but I'm not following? Is there some reason why we think they're struggling financially? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

Okay I tried to go back and see if I missed a thing but I'm not following? Is there some reason why we think they're struggling financially? 

Good question. If they sell that house I’d imagine they’re doing all right for themselves. No idea how much Josh brings in from the car lot, but he’s probably got other stuff going on as well.

• Upvote 6

24 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

Not so much struggling as dependent on Josh’s income from the family business. Other siblings work in it too, and we don’t know what he does, so we might be projecting on him the idea that he’s not providing for his family. But Jim Bob doesn’t trust Josh out in the world (where no one wants to hire him anyway); Anna and the kids have to be supported somehow; and God forbid Josh should need money badly enough to write the tell-all. Everything adds up to Josh never leaving and cleaving, and not having much motivation to work. 

• Upvote 4

On 3/26/2019 at 3:43 PM, tabitha2 said:

Sorry. Not buying it. That does not sound like any Uber driver I have ever had and I take Uber’s most every morning for years. They get rated and this dude was going Around doing this he would have been banned very quickly. And she could have said she preferred not to discuss it and not responded. End of. 

While I don’t know if this particular instance truly happened, I believe that a driver would do that. My brother and his girlfriend once got picked up about 25 minutes from his place. It was rainy and when the Uber driver realized how “far away” he would be taking them (not that far for my city. It’s super spread out), he pulled over and told them to get out. Luckily there was a sidewalk and they managed to cut through a parking lot to a strip mall to order another Uber, but it can definitely happen. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, lizzybee said:

I don't think they are.  JB and MEchelle would never let their children struggle financially it would ruin the family image. I do think JB and MEchelle are supporting them in some capacity because I can't see how he could make enough to support 5 children on his own with his reputation and lack of work ethic. The latter being the bigger issue imo. As others have mentioned he could probably get a construction job and work his way up if he was devoted enough, only he's not. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

On 3/26/2019 at 11:56 PM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Josh is even lazier than Dillwank.  He was given a house, a wife, a business, and a ‘real’ job, and he has nothing to show for it.

He does still have a pretty nice house that he will get money for when he sells it and a loving wife that has given him five beautiful children. Professionally and personality-wise he’s a major f**k up though. 

They’d be living on the street if JB didn’t help them out. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I don't think they are.  JB and MEchelle would never let their children struggle financially it would ruin the family image. I do think JB and MEchelle are supporting them in some capacity because I can't see how he could make enough to support 5 children on his own with his reputation and lack of work ethic. The latter being the bigger issue imo. As others have mentioned he could probably get a construction job and work his way up if he was devoted enough, only he's not. 

I’ll partially blame JB on this one. He is the main person who drilled the message into his kids’ head that devout believers do not toil for others, and in addition, JB is most surely the hand that feeds Josh’s family. Clearly, 2 strikes against JB. Hard for a father to turn his back on the hand that feeds, clothes, cares for and houses his family.

Josh is also culpable.He is a lazy schmuck.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

On 3/26/2019 at 2:05 PM, SassyPants said:

I think some sort of transportation related job would be a perfect for Josh. A bus or truck driver match his skill sets. Personally, I think he should hit up WM. They must need drivers. He doesn’t work because he doesn’t think he needs to work hard, or for anyone else. In this, is parents trained experts.

On one hand, being a truck driver and being away from home could give Anna, the kids, and the family a much-needed break from Joshly.  On the other hand, truck stops are notorious for a few things.  I think it would be too much temptation for Josh, and Anna would suffer.

• Upvote 16

31 minutes ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

On the other hand, truck stops are notorious for a few things.  I think it would be too much temptation for Josh, and Anna would suffer.

To be honest, this is the first thing I thought of as far as Josh becoming a truck driver.   Besides, I still think that he's being kept on a short lease by JB and maybe Anna, I don't think that will ever end.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Everything about josh’s lack of work and opportunity and JB’s control is true... but remember with the kids homeschooling, they save a lot of money in not having extra curriculars, obviously no childcare cost and even clothing I’m sure is passed down... he has that car lot. I’m sure they don’t have a car payment... feeding a large family is expensive but I guess I’m saying their budget probably looks very different from mine.

• Upvote 5

And... she’s starting with the anti abortion bs on her instagram again. I liked it better when she was staying out of social media

8A6468C9-7558-467B-A33A-CB173649874E.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 3

Pro-life or "pro-choice" . Only one is in quotes. Guess I know which way they believe.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

I had earlier wondered on an another Duggar thread, how many Duggars besides Jeremy and Derrick were going to see this **gasp*** R-rated movie? (Unplanned is R-rated.) Guess that answers that question, that yeah even the more sheltered Duggars are willing to see and R-rated movie if the agenda is right. Brace yourselves Free Jinger, this is the 1st Duggar anti-abortion tirade about this movie. It surely won't be the last. My money is on Josiah and Lauren to be the next ones, tying the horrors of abortion to the horrors of losing their unborn child to a miscarriage. I am cringing typing this. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

How is it that every self-satisfied amateurishly made evangelical movie these people see is "the best movie they've ever seen"?

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

How is it that every self-satisfied amateurishly made evangelical movie these people see is "the best movie they've ever seen"?

I think two factors come into play here.

First, if you rarely see movies, than each one you do see has a higher chance of being "the best movie you've ever seen". Not only is there a higher probability, since you have fewer to compare to, but your mind probably sifted out the reasons you thought the previous movie was the best you've seen, making the current movie "the best ever".

Second, we know that Fundies tend to exaggerate. Jana is a concert pianist. Michelle is a great mom. According to a friend's Fundie parents (though not to the extent the Duggars are fundie), I'm fluent in 4 languages because I took at least a year of 3 in high school and four semesters of another in college. IN NO WAY AM I FLUENT IN ANY OF THEM (or even comfortable in two of them- one of which was Latin))!!! I think there's only one in which I could visit the country, get a hotel room, order food, and ask for directions, while getting what I asked for.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

They do indeed exaggerate, @Audrey2 in addition to repeating things over and over and over. They are so modest, blah, blah, blah. John-David is a pilot, blah, blah, blah. The truth is after awhile, all that repetition lessens any potential impact and testimony because I have heard it all before, yada, yada, yada, and I tune it all out as white noise. Trust me, fundies less is more. Less is more. Also, people don't nearly as much about what you say as they do about your actions and what kind of person you are. You can take that to the bank. 

• Upvote 5

58 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I had earlier wondered on an another Duggar thread, how many Duggars besides Jeremy and Derrick were going to see this **gasp*** R-rated movie? (Unplanned is R-rated.) Guess that answers that question, that yeah even the more sheltered Duggars are willing to see and R-rated movie if the agenda is right. Brace yourselves Free Jinger, this is the 1st Duggar anti-abortion tirade about this movie. It surely won't be the last. My money is on Josiah and Lauren to be the next ones, tying the horrors of abortion to the horrors of losing their unborn child to a miscarriage. I am cringing typing this. 

And it will have an accompanying picture of Lauren crying. 

• Upvote 7

Spoiler

Anna’s getting a little saucy with her replies (well for her).

81B08878-61CB-4990-8E35-503C19B566A5.jpeg

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

They do indeed exaggerate, @Audrey2 in addition to repeating things over and over and over. They are so modest, blah, blah, blah. John-David is a pilot, blah, blah, blah. The truth is after awhile, all that repetition lessens any potential impact and testimony because I have heard it all before, yada, yada, yada, and I tune it all out as white noise. Trust me, fundies less is more. Less is more. Also, people don't nearly as much about what you say as they do about your actions and what kind of person you are. You can take that to the bank. 

No wonder they are attracted to and supportive of Trump.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic