IGNORED

Michelle 2: Mom of 13 & YouTuber Accused of Neglect on Dr. Phil

luv2laugh

Let me get this straight... Downs baby, heart holes, home birth, fear of doctor calling cops? To me, this adds up to her hoping that something awful would happen so she could get out of this situation and cry persecution at the same time. She is likely disappointed everything was ok. 

Sick. Disgusting. I hope her older kids can free the younger ones. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, clarinetpower said:

Let me get this straight... Downs baby, heart holes, home birth, fear of doctor calling cops? To me, this adds up to her hoping that something awful would happen so she could get out of this situation and cry persecution at the same time. She is likely disappointed everything was ok. 

Sick. Disgusting. I hope her older kids can free the younger ones. 

Yeah I didn't want to say it, but I'm thinking the same thing. An "oh so sad" birth story might have been something she was in some way hoping for. 

• Upvote 3

Michelle is LIVE

They gave Millie two enemas to "move things along" but are trying to get Millie to pass stool on her own now. 

Millie has dropped weight. She's noticed Millie has gained a few ounces.

There are cardiac and GI issues.

Millie has to see a geneticist, endocrinologist, and gastroenterologist. The referrals to them are being processed. She is able to call the doctors tomorrow because the referrals will all be processed.

Millie soaked a full diaper today.

She's showing Millie. She's very, very cute.

She's not thrilled about the ped but likes the ped's referrals. She will be switching to another ped. 

She's reading the comments. She said "Ok, got rid of the yuckies! Yeah, I'll get rid of anyone that doesn't leave good things (or said something like that?)." It sounds like she booted people?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

37 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Michelle is LIVE

They gave Millie two enemas to "move things along" but are trying to get Millie to pass stool on her own now. 

There are cardiac and GI issues.

Millie has to see a geneticist, endocrinologist, and gastroenterologist. The referrals to them are being processed. She is able to call the doctors tomorrow because the referrals will all be processed.

Millie soaked a full diaper today.

She's showing Millie. She's very, very cute.

She's not thrilled about the ped but likes the ped's referrals. She will be switching to another ped. 

She's reading the comments. She said "Ok, got rid of the yuckies! Yeah, I'll get rid of anyone that doesn't leave good things (or said something like that?)." It sounds like she booted people?

Her baby's lips and fingers are purple so, wait til an appointment days (!) away.  Hell no. No. All the no. ER immediately.  Be extra crazy safe and when dealing with health issues for anyone at any age, presenting at the ER when symptoms are showing can only help. Often ( ime) , it speeds along the diagnosis/figuring out what's going on process.  

This lady is a nut. If she knew anything about basic nutrition and vitamin taking, she would be teaching people about fat soluable vs. water soluble vitamins.  How our bodies digest and actually absorb vs. pee out many common vitamins unless fat is eaten along with.  Who listens to this lady?  Her poor kids. 

She's got the crazy eyes, too. The narcissism.  Incorrect information.  The whole package.  Good lord in heaven.  ?

Edited by Beermeet
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

Where’s this things husband?  Is he like her, doesn’t he care?  I hope Dr. Phil sends an army.  I watched a part of the Dr Phil show this thing was on but had to change the channel because of blood pressure (mine).  If this baby dies, God forbid, they should both be arrested for manslaughter.   F* %#€£¥+#%~ ch!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

I don't know why she doesn't take the baby to urgent care or ER over some of her concerns. Lips turning purple is not good either. I think she's afraid of facing random doctors with her anti-vaccination stance. She doesn't seem to get along well with doctors because she appears to go through them very quickly.

@Don'tlikekoolaid multiple adults and children on Dr. Phil said they feel like their dad is "a stranger living in my house".  He works as an EMT and I assume 90% of his time is working to pay for all of these kids, according to Michelle. The dad has admitted to struggles with gambling and Michelle said he blew $40k on gambling. Living in Las Vegas does not help, obviously.

Personally, I believe the LDS church is also helping them out financially.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4

Maybe this is bec, but does it freak anyone else how that very brand new baby is sleeping in the middle of an adult mattress, on her stomach, against pillows, up to her face in blankets? I cringe every time I see it. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 9
  • I Agree 8

7 hours ago, Hane said:

I’ve never heard of a baby being “constipated” when consuming nothing but breast milk.

It’s not really constipation as such, but it’s not uncommon for exclusively breastfed babies to poo once a week or every 10 days. It might be smelly when it happens, but it is usually not hard or dry like true constipation.

HOWEVER!!!!

I have never heard of it happening from birth - only ever in babies over a month old. And this particular case is very different because the baby has Down syndrome.

Feel free to google BF baby poo and how (in)frequently is normal - I’m not an expert but I’ve known a few bubs who used to have a break of a week or two between poopy nappies.

PS in Down syndrome the ‘s’ is not capitalised. 

• Upvote 9

30 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

Maybe this is bec, but does it freak anyone else how that very brand new baby is sleeping in the middle of an adult mattress, on her stomach, against pillows, up to her face in blankets? I cringe every time I see it. 

I agree.  We did co sleep after baby was 3-4 months.  Before that baby was in a bassinet with no pillows, stuffies or blankets without holes, thin blankets prior.  When we did co sleep, I had a very firm barrier between husband and baby/myself.  I loved the bonding and ease of breastfeeding. We also kept the bassinet/pack and play combo by my side as a barrier.  This lady is crazy irresponsible.  Co sleeping is great, imo, but precautions are important!

Edited by Beermeet
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

Her baby's lips and fingers are purple so, wait til an appointment days (!) away.

WTAF? That together with the holes in the heart means it is highly likely Millie needs supplemental oxygen. Why aren't they at the hospital already?? And seriously why is this baby's father who is an EMT not taking her in?

25 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

That is not BEC, that is bloody concerning. 

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Wait, what? Does she mean she lost weight since birth but has since put back a few ounces? If she's working to breathe (which she may well be given the heart issues) then that will be burning calories.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

DAD IS AN EMT. I don't even know how to feel about that. I'm flabbergasted.  

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 6

8 hours ago, adidas said:

It’s not really constipation as such, but it’s not uncommon for exclusively breastfed babies to poo once a week or every 10 days. It might be smelly when it happens, but it is usually not hard or dry like true constipation.

HOWEVER!!!!

I have never heard of it happening from birth - only ever in babies over a month old. And this particular case is very different because the baby has Down syndrome.

Feel free to google BF baby poo and how (in)frequently is normal - I’m not an expert but I’ve known a few bubs who used to have a break of a week or two between poopy nappies.

PS in Down syndrome the ‘s’ is not capitalised. 

I  remember getting the "diaper log" at the hospital and being told that newborns should have at least one poop diaper by the second day (or something like that, it's been a couple of years). For an older baby, yeah, a week isn't abnormal and may be their personal pattern, just like adults, but a newborn should be pooping multiple times a week if not a day, especially on breastmilk since it tends to be processed faster. Frankly, "firing" the pediatrician who told her not to worry over the phone, especially with DS and the potential gastrointestinal associations, is probably the smartest move she's made for the baby. Of course, that statement would have more weight if she'd done anything else for the baby that seemed smart...

I hate to say it, but I agree with @clarinetpower. The way she handled it makes me think she was hoping that if the baby wasn't healthy then there would be an "unfortunate poor outcome." I remember thinking that when I heard about Sarah Palin going into labor with her youngest son, who she knew either did or had a high chance of having DS. Trig? She was traveling, started getting contractions, and rather than going to a nearby hospital or asking for medical transport to her home doctor, she didn't say anything to anyone and got on an airplane, I think? to head home. I suspect it was the same fatalistic impulse in both cases.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 2

Has Palin ever explained why she called her son Trig?  It just makes me think of trigonometry.

• Upvote 2

Didn’t it have something to do with Down syndrome? 

ETA:  According to this site, Trig means “true” or “brave victory.”

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 1

I think she likes the “Tr” for her boys. She has Track and Trig. And then Bristol has Tripp. Sarah’s husband is also a T name. Todd.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Spinosaurus said:

If so, that's bizarre, and more than slightly unpleasant.

I think that sentence describes the entire Palin family, honestly. 

And this family here, as well. Dad is an EMT? Baby's lips are purple? Baby sleeping in one of the most unsafe manners possible, while already showing signs of not getting enough oxygen? 

Do they WANT this kid to die?

Maybe. Maybe mom's disappointed not to have the "perfect" baby she hoped for. Mom obviously isn't prepared to parent this child effectively, having done no research or planning at all ahead of time. And she's anti-vax, too? Meaning her other kids have no immunity to prevent them bringing home scary diseases to the baby whose body is already working overtime just to live.

I hope all goes well and baby Millie is OK. I hope Dr. Phil's people are checking in. I hope she is consistent enough with doctors for Millie to get proper treatment. Millie is in a very dangerous situation, it seems.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

I think that because her husband is an EMT and drives an ambulance all day transporting patients to the hospital, she thinks that makes her safe. She is ridiculous. It wouldn’t matter if her husband was a nurse, doctor, or neurosurgeon. Death can happen in minutes and getting to a hospital ASAP when something is wrong is crucial. Death does not discriminate.

I think Rod works constantly and goes out gambling in his spare time because he can’t cope with the reality of the family he helped to create. The kids say that when their dad IS home, he is on his phone... Rod is trying to escape from reality by emotionally abandoning the family.

Michelle appears to be somewhat delusional as if she is coping by living in a fantasy land. YouTube helps Michelle remain in the fantasy land she’s created.

I cannot stand men who choose to emotionally abandon themselves from their wife and family by becoming addicted to their phone.

Rod is responsible for not taking action and confronting problems. The adult kids appear to recognize this and I think that’s why they give Rod pointed, critical remarks on Dr. Phil. They blame their Dad for not getting their Mom and family help. Michelle has admitted to having bouts of severe, bedridden depression. She said there are days where “the schedule does not happen and I don’t get out of bed for days”. She’s so anti-vaccination and into herbal woo, that I doubt she’s taking medication. It’s Rod’s job to make sure she follows a doctor’s instructions and enforces that care at home or calls the doctor up to admit her to the hospital if necessary... 

Obviously, given their environment, it’s not shocking that the kids are living out what they literally see and are saying they’re depressed too and experiencing suicidal ideation among drug issues and feeling neglected...

I am not blaming the Mormon church but I’ve heard a lot from LGBTQ documentaries and from ex-Mormon reddit that the church places an immense amount of pressure To “be Ye perfect as thy father in Heaven”. Many can’t cope with the stress of Mormon perfectionism. Mormons also believe you cannot “die in your sins”. To be a good Mormon is to live a life of stomach ulcers.

Given that they live in a patriarchal Mormon environment, I wouldn't be surprised if Rod blames Michelle for not being a perfect Mormon wife. Perfectionism is a key tenet of Mormonism. In fact, "be Ye perfect" is why there is an unusual amount of Mormons in the top 1% of earners despite the wives being SAHMs... Mormon men are pressured to be good providers to have $$$ to raise a bunch of kids and tithe 10% to the church. Mormon wives are pressured to perfect and almost "Stepford-like", from what I've heard. Mormons dominate lucrative areas of business as well as in the "service professions" of medicine, dentistry, top law firms, and in the federal government. It's not surprising that many MLMs were started by Mormon businessmen.

Many parents in Michelle’s situation end up becoming so obsessed with their baby’s well-being that they start acting like hypochondriacs in the beginning. I bet doctors are shocked that Rod and Michelle aren’t acting like this.

In yesterday’s live video, did she say she refused to allow the doctor to perform a bilirubin blood test on the baby? Did I hear that correctly? 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

In yesterday’s live video, did she say she refused to allow the doctor to perform a bilirubin blood test on the baby? Did I hear that correctly? 

Yes. Because they knew it was high already because she hadn't been pooping or weeing. I mean... honestly I watched that and had to walk away for a bit. The new paed apparently told her that the weight loss was understandable because of working to breathe, and all I can think is why isn't this 12 day old baby in a NICU or at least getting oxygen?  

I think Rod works constantly and goes out gambling in his spare time because he can’t cope with the reality of the family he helped to create. The kids say that when their dad IS home, he is on his phone... Rod is trying to escape from reality by emotionally abandoning the family.

Totally agree. He has the perfect excuse, "working hard to support his family". Why this man didn't get a secret vasectomy I really don't know. 

Michelle has admitted to having bouts of severe, bedridden depression. She said there are days where “the schedule does not happen and I don’t get out of bed for days”.

Pure speculation train here - I wonder if pregnancy stabilizes hormonal depression for her and that is one reason she keeps getting pregnant. I found both being on the pill and being pregnant essentially did that for me. Is contraception against Mormon beliefs? 

• Upvote 9

I hope I’m wrong but I have a feeling there will be a rush to the ER at some point in the next couple of weeks. Due to an issue they are completely ignoring until it gets serious.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope I’m wrong but I have a feeling there will be a rush to the ER at some point in the next couple of weeks. Due to an issue they are completely ignoring until it gets serious.

There is another possibility. A friend had twins, one of whom (the smaller one) had a heart defect. She was too small to operate on, and so they took her home to die. She gained weight initially, and I asked if it was possible to do the surgery at that point,  but it had to be done before the patent ductus arteriosis (which is open before birth but usually closes soon after) closed, essentially as soon as possible after birth. She looked like this baby - pink but with bluish extremities, working a bit to breathe, and much smaller. She looked healthy... but she died at 14 days after the PDA closed. 

I don't know what Michelle snd Rod were told about the holes in the heart, or - more accurately - what they understood. If what they heard was "we will need to take the baby away immediately for surgery or she will die" - well, they may have made the latter choice, or they may not have understood that looking healthy at birth does not negate the need for the surgery to be done urgently. It doesn't mean that the child can't go into major distress rapidly. The offhand way in which she talked about the bilirubin makes me wonder if they'd already decided not to intervene with the surgery and to let "God's Will be done" but aren't saying that publically. If that is the case then I hope Millie is surrounded by love and not in pain.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 15

I'm watching her latest live now. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but she says there's no reason to find out what Millie's bilirubin is...but uh, isn't there light therapy for that, if it's too high? And wouldn't you want to do that, if it was, you know, too high? 

Also, she's bitching that the referrals have to be processed before she can call. If she feels that amount of time is unacceptable, she has only herself to blame. She could have either given birth in a hospital (where should would have been seen for any emergent issues before she left) or gotten right on taking her to the ped--you can't convince me there wasn't a ped in Las Vegas that could have see Millie immediately due to the seriousness of her case.

And apparently she's going to dump this second pediatrician, too, because she's "looking for something in particular." My gut tell me she's looking for an enabler. And most people with 8 kids at home would already have a freakin' pediatrician, but ok. 

She describes that Millie "wasn't responsive and basically it was because she was fading away." Oh, what the fuck. Who notices this, with all the other issues going on, and doesn't take her child to the ER? My God...

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 7
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, Beermeet said:

I agree.  We did co sleep after baby was 3-4 months.  Before that baby was in a bassinet with no pillows, stuffies or blankets without holes, thin blankets prior.  When we did co sleep, I had a very firm barrier between husband and baby/myself.  I loved the bonding and ease of breastfeeding. We also kept the bassinet/pack and play combo by my side as a barrier.  This lady is crazy irresponsible.  Co sleeping is great, imo, but precautions are important!z

Sleeping on her side/stomach wrapped in a loose fuzzy blanket and on a soft matress. Also she spends half an hour after she shows Millie responding to her comments and talking about herself so she's obviously not watching Millie. That's not co sleeping thats leaving your disabled newborn who has a host of potentially life threatening systemic issues in a very unsafe and unsupervised position because youre a narcissistic monster who believes live chatting with your YouTube humpers is more "important".

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

That poor child should be in hospital having the very best care. That stupid women needs her neck wringing. What is Rod Doing??????  Does the Morman church condone leaving a baby with disabilities to die?

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I think that because her husband is an EMT and drives an ambulance all day transporting patients to the hospital, she thinks that makes her safe. She is ridiculous. It wouldn’t matter if her husband was a nurse, doctor, or neurosurgeon. Death can happen in minutes and getting to a hospital ASAP when something is wrong is crucial. Death does not discriminate.

Michelle appears to be somewhat delusional as if she is coping by living in a fantasy land. YouTube helps Michelle remain in the fantasy land she’s created.

I cannot stand men who choose to emotionally abandon themselves from their wife and family by becoming addicted to their phone.

Rod is responsible for not taking action and confronting problems. The adult kids appear to recognize this and I think that’s why they give Rod pointed, critical remarks on Dr. Phil. They blame their Dad for not getting their Mom and family help. Michelle has admitted to having bouts of severe, bedridden depression. She said there are days where “the schedule does not happen and I don’t get out of bed for days”. She’s so anti-vaccination and into herbal woo, that I doubt she’s taking medication. It’s Rod’s job to make sure she follows a doctor’s instructions and enforces that care at home or calls the doctor up to admit her to the hospital if necessary... 

Obviously, given their environment, it’s not shocking that the kids are living out what they literally see and are saying they’re depressed too and experiencing suicidal ideation among drug issues and feeling neglected...

I am not blaming the Mormon church but I’ve heard a lot from LGBTQ documentaries and from ex-Mormon reddit that the church places an immense amount of pressure To “be Ye perfect as thy father in Heaven”. Many can’t cope with the stress of Mormon perfectionism. Mormons also believe you cannot “die in your sins”. To be a good Mormon is to live a life of stomach ulcers.

Given that they live in a patriarchal Mormon environment, I wouldn't be surprised if Rod blames Michelle for not being a perfect Mormon wife. Perfectionism is a key tenet of Mormonism. In fact, "be Ye perfect" is why there is an unusual amount of Mormons in the top 1% of earners despite the wives being SAHMs... Mormon men are pressured to be good providers to have $$$ to raise a bunch of kids and tithe 10% to the church. Mormon wives are pressured to perfect and almost "Stepford-like", from what I've heard. Mormons dominate lucrative areas of business as well as in the "service professions" of medicine, dentistry, top law firms, and in the federal government. It's not surprising that many MLMs were started by Mormon businessmen.

Many parents in Michelle’s situation end up becoming so obsessed with their baby’s well-being that they start acting like hypochondriacs in the beginning. I bet doctors are shocked that Rod and Michelle aren’t acting like this.

One of my exs was an EMT A working on his Paramedic certification when we lived together. EMTs have a lot more training with things like injuries than treating health issues and disease. On that front they're equiped to stabilize a patient and get them to a doctor. A special needs newborn is so far out of that specialty its absurd. But i guess compared to the other woo she believes in an EMT experience is more legit.

I live on the Utah border and am in and out of the state a lot. I know for awhile Utah had the highest rate of antidepressant use in the nation. I'm sure thats changed a bit with the woo that's becoming more popular with younget SAHMs. The UT and other western white Mormon culture (ID, NV, AZ, CO) is very unique. A lot of my ohana is LDS for God knows what reason (actually I know its because they were the original missionaries to Hawai'i and other Polynesian islands but it still baffles me with the belief dark skin is a mark of being a traitor from that long ago intergalactic battle) and they definitely have a culture very different from mainland haole LDS and especially from Utah LDS.

• Upvote 6