IGNORED

Michelle 2: Mom of 13 & YouTuber Accused of Neglect on Dr. Phil

luv2laugh

I am re-watching the Dr. Phil clips since I have downtime tonight. If you get time, re-watch the Dr. Phil clips and study the faces of the kids. The faces of the adult siblings reveal a lot...

I burst out in tears over this one.

https://www.drphil.com/videos/why-a-13-year-old-says-he-needs-more-one-on-one-time-with-parents/

Why is she still on YouTube after her children have admitted to suicidal thoughts and self-harm over not receiving mom’s (and dad’s) attention? What selfish jerks.

You can clearly see that the older siblings express far more emotion and grief over the younger ones rather than the parents. Michelle does nothing but argue and justify why she’s perfect.

Why do I have a strong feeling that one of the adult married siblings will be raising the baby with special needs and possibly battle Michelle for custody (unless CPS gets involved)?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 6

Holy bacterial infection Batman! I think I contracted an eye infection from watching her use her fingers to put on that eye shadow and then pump the hell out of that mascara.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I am re-watching the Dr. Phil clips since I have downtime tonight. If you get time, re-watch the Dr. Phil clips and study the faces of the kids.

I burst out in tears over this one.

https://www.drphil.com/videos/why-a-13-year-old-says-he-needs-more-one-on-one-time-with-parents/

That just breaks my heart. 13 is an age where kids typically start to require *less* one-on-one time with their parents, but things are so seriously amiss that this kiddo isn't even getting the bare minimum of time he deserves. One of the things that struck me when I was watching her videos is that the kids never make an impromptu appearance--even in her live videos. In other mothers' videos, such as J-Rod and Zsu, the kids are popping in because so-and-so is hungry or asking if they can go outside to play, etc. It's almost eerie that this mom has so many young kids, but they never pop up in her videos except for specific segments to show them off. It indicates to me that there's not a lot of interaction that's happening in that household. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

I cannot stop feeling extremely disturbed by all of this. I want Dr. Phil to follow up on this family. I'd be comforted to see or hear of evidence (not from Michelle's mouth) that the children (and any adult siblings) are receiving medical care to meet their needs.

It scares me that most of her kids and adult ones have admitted to suicidal ideation and the young one attempting to self-harm over neglect. It greatly disturbs me. Michelle's brother died of suicide. The father, after not hearing from River for 2 days, assumed River drove into the desert and "put a bullet into his head."

I am genuinely worried for the well being of her kids. It takes A LOT for kids and adult siblings to PUBLICLY ADMIT ON TV that they are suffering. Honestly, that fact alone says IT ALL.

According to her YouTube, nothing has changed.

Are the kids and/or adults receiving professional help?

What kind of extra support have Rod and Michelle implemented in the home, given they are incapable of meeting the needs of the kids?

Are Michelle and Rod receiving therapy to help them care for the family?

Is the LDS Church ward assisting the kids and home?

What social support is the LDS Church providing the Rod & Michelle, given they are apparently no longer interested in parenting existing children?

Michelle said on Dr. Phil that her home will not be the right fit for a baby with Down Syndrome and that she doesn't know how she will meet the child's medical needs (this show was before the baby received a confirmed diagnosis of Down Syndrome). OK... What has changed to ensure the childrens' well-being?

From what I understand, it takes a lot for CPS to take serious action. However, I know that depends on the area and county. In a Facebook group, a mom said CPS took her kids away because of her clutter and messy house. Church friends came over to help her clean up but were disturbed and she said one of them filed the report. After she cleaned the house, the kids were allowed back 7 days later. Does anyone believe that after Dr. Phil, CPS is watching them?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

She is super pissed here. She begins angrily complaining about Dr. Phil. She said she wanted to go on the show to get advice on clutter and "wayward teens" but what happened was "unannounced". She is smack talking her kid that "disappears" in the middle of the night.

This is literally the second video she's made smack-talking him. She made an earlier one on him in November on her "struggles with this teenage boy". Wow. Such a great mom. Shit talking your son on YouTube.

"I had to take two of my kids to the doctor appointment. One of them was THIS 'Wayward Teen'." Michelle, discuss this with a professional. The internet is forever and it's so wrong to throw him under the bus on YouTube. She said "I'll call him 'Peter' because I don't want to get in trouble for using his real name." Yet, she said his actual name multiple times in the video...

She admits, "(Dr. Phil) They said I was wrong to have all these kids, that I disabled them, that I didn't provide them opportunities, that we're dysfunctional... I mean yeah, maybe it is a little dysfunctional but whose life isn't these days? But hello! You don't just stop having kids just because you don't have a perfect life!"

"I saw him interviewing Michelle Knight and he was so loving and gentle with her... and I thought he'd be as loving and gentle with me! No! He was YELLING at me! He made me feel like I don't deserve to be a mom. But I have a Lord and Savior that I pray to and he helped me see I am a good mom! Yeah, there are things I do wrong but I'm in training right? He said I'm doing a disservice to them."

"There's two of my kids were really upset that spoke up about something they could've talked to me about years ago. I don't know why they didn't but whatever. And they spoke up on national television that they get neglected and I'm like, that's just crazy. I took them on trips, I did this, etc.... but there's no gratitude there. How many kids are thankful for their childhood?"

"Whatever. But attacking a mom who's just trying to make it and begging  you for help is just the rudest thing a person could do. I thought they were trying to help me but instead they tried to roast me. I don't know if they're going to help me but if they're going to make me sacrifice the first thing they asked me to do (stop homeschooling).... then I'm not doing it. There's no way. I am not going to give up what I'm passionate about."

This is her description under this video:
"As a Mom of 12, What have I got myself into?? Attacking Me When I Was Reaching Out for Help Is Mind Boggling to Me...So, I can't wait for the feedback on the show we were on! Yikes!!!! Can you believe that I cover all of this in one video, let alone 1 day?? Mom's Just Try to Do the Best they Can, Which May Not Be Enough, But Whatever! We Are Amazing and Doing the Greatest Work on this Earth. Bless Us All....So Much To Say, So Much To Do.

My Total Meltdown: https://youtu.be/guefcbhJYHo

The Aftermath: https://youtu.be/5I97RkKs33s

UPW REJUVENATION: https://youtu.be/EWS-SDfVzdM

THE NEWS: https://youtu.be/cDto2K50evw

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 1

Michelle is crackers. Definitely missing a few crumbs. 

Her mouth moves a few paces faster than her brain. Her arms and hands move independently of her brain. 

Michelle is a mixture of JillR and Lisa Pennington. (IMO)!

Edited by Gobsmacked
Spell
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

As Dr. Phil frequently notes, he's a mandated reporter.  If he thinks these people should be reported to CPS, they will be reported. 

This woman (I haven't even watched one video) is a combination of the worst of Nicole Naugler, JRod and whoever else.  

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

It's almost eerie that this mom has so many young kids, but they never pop up in her videos except for specific segments to show them off. It indicates to me that there's not a lot of interaction that's happening in that household. 

Yep. Not even the new baby that’s SO ADORABLE. (And to think she and Rod are already thinking about having another.)

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, Hane said:

Yep. Not even the new baby that’s SO ADORABLE. (And to think she and Rod are already thinking about having another.)

Hopefully for everyone's sake no more babies.   We don't know how their medical insurance works. I should imagine heart surgery for Millie Rose won't be cheap? ( from uk here).

Millie Rose is a beautiful name. Thank goodness she didn't end up with a weird fundie type name. 

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

From what I understand, it takes a lot for CPS to take serious action. However, I know that depends on the area and county. In a Facebook group, a mom said CPS took her kids away because of her clutter and messy house. Church friends came over to help her clean up but were disturbed and she said one of them filed the report. After she cleaned the house, the kids were allowed back 7 days later. Does anyone believe that after Dr. Phil, CPS is watching them?

Typically, parents are given a certain amount of time to make their residence habitable, as well as support in doing so. And it has to be very, very bad--as in, unsafe. I'm not saying this didn't happen, but it would be unusual. Far more usual, I've found, is someone who doesn't want to cop to the actual reason CPS removed the children.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

She has the mannerisms of someone who used to do a lot of drugs. I'm not being sarcastic.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I want to shame Rod, the husband, too. He said on Dr. Phil, on national television, that Michelle neglects the kids for her YouTube channel. Why hasn’t he put a stop to that? I’ve seen his hand and voice make brief appearances... Rod, why are you letting the children continue to be neglected?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

It’s pretty unlikely she will have anymore children naturally. Thankfully. And that name is much better than some of the earlier names. Maybe she has regretted giving some of the kids completely strange names? Although Mormons do use unusual names. But they are usually names like Brynslee, Jaxton, and Carstynn.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

"(Dr. Phil) They said I was wrong to have all these kids, that I disabled them, that I didn't provide them opportunities, that we're dysfunctional... I mean yeah, maybe it is a little dysfunctional but whose life isn't these days? But hello! You don't just stop having kids just because you don't have a perfect life!"

Yeah, actually, you do. Normal people stop having kids when they realize that their life has no room for more. I know she's Mormon but, damn, does she not look around and see that most people don't have 13 children?

He was YELLING at me! He made me feel like I don't deserve to be a mom. But I have a Lord and Savior that I pray to and he helped me see I am a good mom! Yeah, there are things I do wrong but I'm in training right? He said I'm doing a disservice to them."

Ooh, actually Michelle, I just got off the phone with Heavenly Father. He says you misread his text messages and he actually said that you're a godawful mom. 

Seriously, when abusers claim god told them they're doing everything right it makes me feel like they're saying "Well, I talked it over with my imaginary friend Maurice the Wombat. He says I'm actually the greatest mom there ever was and I should definitely keep doing everything I want to do and never question myself ever."

It makes about as much sense. No shade to religious people, just shade to selfish abusers who justify their evil with "God told me it's ok!"

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s pretty unlikely she will have anymore children naturally. Thankfully. And that name is much better than some of the earlier names. Maybe she has regretted giving some of the kids completely strange names? Although Mormons do use unusual names. But they are usually names like Brynslee, Jaxton, and Carstynn.

I will never get over the names Tuesday Daily Iron Rod Sunshine and Rippon???

I’ve heard it is not uncommon for a woman to get pregnant right before menopause due to a spike in a fertility hormone...

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

Yeah, actually, you do. Normal people stop having kids when they realize that their life has no room for more. I know she's Mormon but, damn, does she not look around and see that most people don't have 13 children?

Ooh, actually Michelle, I just got off the phone with Heavenly Father. He says you misread his text messages and he actually said that you're a godawful mom. 

Seriously, when abusers claim god told them they're doing everything right it makes me feel like they're saying "Well, I talked it over with my imaginary friend Maurice the Wombat. He says I'm actually the greatest mom there ever was and I should definitely keep doing everything I want to do and never question myself ever."

It makes about as much sense. No shade to religious people, just shade to selfish abusers who justify their evil with "God told me it's ok!"

You know you have too many kids when you are having twice as many as the Mormons around you. In my observations, many Mormons top out at 6 kids.

• Upvote 3

She can't be helped. She doesn't think she is part of the problem. There isn't anything that can be done on that end.

There are people who believe homeschooling produces superior thinkers. So just by homeschooling they have set the kids up to be successful because they don't have a hive mind like the unwashed public school masses. She seems like the type that would share this meme. 

af201970eee838b6319558558bbe9fa2.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 2

Oh Em Gee. The stupid, it burns. Her elevator definitely stops before the top floor. I got hives watching her “five minute makeup video” (that lasted fifteen minutes). She’s delusional if she thinks she looks younger than 47, or that any of that was even remotely good technique. Yes, I’m feasting on crackers over here.

1 hour ago, Blessings of the Corn said:

She has the mannerisms of someone who used to do a lot of drugs. I'm not being sarcastic.

The teeth, too. If you look closely, despite claiming to have just gone to the dentist in one video, I’d bet folding money her top teeth are dentures. The way her lips and tongue move when she speaks fits w/ this hypothesis, too. 

• Upvote 4

I’ve met homeschoolers who do a brilliant job with their kids, providing  them with ample enrichment activities. These homeschooling parents weren’t homeschooled themselves, but have college and graduate degrees and don’t assume they know it all. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

oh hell to the fuck no.

immagonna slap a bitch. 

how did they end up in Dr. Phil? what has Dr. Phil done after the show?

I CANNOT get over the fact that after the birth of her 5 day old special needs baby, she plays YouTube Make-up Guru with a jolly “GET READY WITH ME!” before her hot date with Rod at the movies.

Is she high?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I CANNOT get over the fact that after the birth of her 5 day old special needs baby, she plays YouTube Make-up Guru with a jolly “GET READY WITH ME!” before her hot date with Rod at the movies.

Is she high?

she did not.... OMG her makeup skills are BAD, how delusional is this one?

• Upvote 1

@seattlechic He signed them up for his Dr On Demand thing, and it sounds like she, and maybe the whole family, are supposed to get regular therapy on there. He hired a "clutter expert" to help her with her hoarding problem. And he said that his people would get the minor kids enrolled in public school and "make sure they're protected," whatever that means. 

But Michelle has already expressed displeasure with the clutter expert that makes me wonder if this person is actually bad at her job, or if Michelle is just an actual hoarder deep in denial. Who can say?

22 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

The teeth, too. If you look closely, despite claiming to have just gone to the dentist in one video, I’d bet folding money her top teeth are dentures. The way her lips and tongue move when she speaks fits w/ this hypothesis, too

You just blew my mind! I kept thinking there was something familiarly strange about her teeth and mouth, but I couldn't figure out what. Dentures would make perfect sense. Of course, none of this means anything. She could have just had crappy oral hygiene exacerbated by too many pregnancies. 

• Upvote 5

After Hillary lost the election, I vowed to really try hard to remove calling other women a “Bitch” from my vocabulary. I’m also trying really hard to not comment on a woman’s appearance if she’s an asshole (I’ve made mistakes but I keep trying). 

However, I can’t with this one. She’s more than a bitch. She’s way worse. I am hesitant to call her an abuser because it’s not legally proven but what else can we say? Monster?

Who wants to help me take one for the team by watching this wacko LIVE tonight? She promised she goes LIVE every evening (mountain time?)

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5

@Hashtag Blessed Wow, you would think people would be happy to get free help, right? But some are just more keen on proving themselves right (in their own stupid little heads). Seriously.

There is so much wrong here. Even if, even if this family does have running water (unlike the Nauglers, whom I just can't deal with anymore), I think the neglect of their health and education (I am not a homeschooling supporter and am a huge vaccination advocate) is as fucked up. Plus, mental health issues are not something to be taken lightly. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8