IGNORED

Lori Alexander 62: A Few Fries Short of a Happy Meal- TRIGGER for child sexual abuse

Pretty sure this is pure sarcasm, but somehow I think Lori misses that:

Yes women should definately not be educated with worthless college degrees. They should know their place, barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. Praise Jesus!

Lori's reply:

...they were a lot happier when they were barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. Read my post tomorrow!

We've been warned, folks. :my_dodgy:

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Yes women should definately not be educated with worthless college degrees. They should know their place, barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. Praise Jesus!

As someone who was sent to Bible college, I definitely agree that women should NOT be educated with a worthless college degree. They need to make sure their schools are accredited!

Eh I don't know. I've heard "barefoot, pregnant and chained to a stove" preached from the pulpit before. At a revival at my cousin's IFB cult church. 

I'm sure the women raising children in the Great Depression were ecstatic to be barefoot, pregnant and starving.  As usual, she has no evidence to support her thesis.  I saw the Wizard of Oz last week as a Broadway Across America play.  It struck me how miserable they had to be in nowhere Kansas, fighting the drought, struggling to survive.  But Lori only sees that time as the Emerald City -- all happy and singing and little munchkins parading around joyously.  Someone needs to drop a house on her.

2 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I read the book Priestdaddy a couple of years ago. It's a memoir of a woman whose father was a Lutheran minister who converted to Catholicism, got dispensation and became a married priest. The book was also optioned as a mini-series for Hulu. 

I read an article about this book! Time to look it up.

As promised yesterday, we have a "barefoot and pregnant" post today!  

Yesterday's post had a lot of reaction, but wasn't quite "viral." Yep, she's trying to go viral again. Today's headline may do it.   

Oh, how she annoys me. 

Well, ain't this interesting.  She should read more work by the Economists she cites instead of third hand citations.  Here's what I found by the same Economists:

Easterlin treated the two measures as roughly synonymous (the graph above uses life satisfaction, for instance), but they're not. Stevenson and Wolfers find a stronger correlation between income and life satisfaction than they do between income and happiness, for instance.

Stevenson and Wolfers also found that happiness fluctuations pretty perfectly tracked changes in the economy. That shouldn't happen if income doesn't buy happiness.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/04/29/yes-money-really-can-buy-happiness/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.daa074f880a6

39 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Today's post is "Women were happier when they were barefoot and pregnant." 

What the fuck. 

Has Lori ever mentioned how she felt when she was pregnant?  Was she happy?  Could be she's said something before and I just haven't seen it, but I doubt very much that she was actually happy, only satisfied that she could stay home after her poked-diaphragm baby. 

???? at the commenter who says to live in an apartment in order to save enough to stay home with your kids. In my area, apartments cost as much as our rent house. 

And the "do anything in order to stay home with your kid" mindset is just a nightmare to me. I don't want to live in an apartment. I want a yard, a garden, my dogs, my host of Rosebushes, etc. I don't want to give up my car and freedom and be a one car family in order to have a child and be trapped at home while my husband works. I don't want to live in an unsafe neighborhood where the houses are cheap. I don't want to. Many women don't.  And that should be a good enough reason. 

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

Today's post is "Women were happier when they were barefoot and pregnant." 

What the fuck. 

Well, first of all, my feet get cold. 

And second of all, BAAAAHAHAHAHAHA. 

She's a criminally stupid woman.

19 minutes ago, EowynW said:

???? at the commenter who says to live in an apartment in order to save enough to stay home with your kids. In my area, apartments cost as much as our rent house. 

Same here. We bought a home because a mortgage payment was about $400 a month less than renting an apartment.

23 minutes ago, EowynW said:

And the "do anything in order to stay home with your kid" mindset is just a nightmare to me. I don't want to live in an apartment. I want a yard, a garden, my dogs, my host of Rosebushes, etc. I don't want to give up my car and freedom and be a one car family in order to have a child and be trapped at home while my husband works. I don't want to live in an unsafe neighborhood where the houses are cheap. I don't want to. Many women don't.  And that should be a good enough reason. 

I agree, those reasons should be good enough. From what I've seen Lori's fangirls label wanting bigger homes or homes in safe neighborhoods as materialism and that drives me nuts at times. 

I remember a year or two ago, there was a commenter who said that she and her family were living in a rental. She didn't say if it was a house or apartment. She and her husband couldn't get an affordable mortgage on his income. I took a peak at the husband's FB and he was working in HVAC repair. They appeared to be in their mid to late 20s with two kids.  She said that she hoped that they could eventually buy a home, but she doesn't plan to work outside the home. If she wants to stay at home with her kids in a rental then that is fine. It's her choice, but I bet if that same women would bash other women if they decided they wanted to go out and work to help get their families in a home. 

6 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Same here. We bought a home because a mortgage payment was about $400 a month less than renting an apartment.

Me, three. 

27 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

That's what we are saving to do to. Hopefully next year will be our year. 

“Expectations also lie behind the curious finding that performing household chores makes men statistically less likely to become depressed but contributes to depression in women. Taking on housework seems to encourage men to judge themselves as generally likeable, fair-minded dudes, kindly reducing their wives’ load. On the other hand, taking on housework seems to make women feel exploited.”

This is not at all curious if you have a thinking brain and some experience with being a woman. I went and looked at the article that Lori pulled that quote from, and then the subsequent research article that the quote was referencing. From its abstract, bolding mine:

In summary, women have reduced and men have increased slightly their hourly contributions to housework. Although men's relative contributions have increased, women still do at least twice as much routine housework as men. Consistent predictors of sharing include both women's and men's employment, earnings, gender ideology, and life‐course issues. More balanced divisions of housework are associated with women perceiving fairness, experiencing less depression, and enjoying higher marital satisfaction.

So let's say Bobby and Sally Average have a typical suburban, middle class life in America. Both Sally and Bobby work eight hours a day. Bobby comes home and does two hours of housework on top of his eight hours. Statistically, Sally will then go on to work another four hours. Or, Bobby will work from 8am to 7pm, while Sally will work from 8am to 9pm. On an average Saturday, while Sally is completing eight hours of childcare, dishes, and yardwork, Bobby spends the morning changing the oil in the cars and then the rest of the day golfing with his buddies. This is, of course, an example of the statistical average. Anecdotally, for example, my mother, who worked a full-time job, did all of the housework and yardwork for the household. The only time that I remember her relaxing during the week was Sunday mornings.

Working that much more than the man who is supposed to be your partner is fucking exhausting. Not having time to decompress or enjoy hobbies is a threat to mental health. Lack of sleep and rest is a known contributor to depression. Knowing that you're working your sweet little ass off scrubbing the tub while your jerkwad husband watches football on television can cause homicidal ideation (personal example). And if women don't manage to keep the house clean? It's not the man who gets blamed--he just helps, after all--it comes down on the woman. So aren't we lucky that Bobby gets a feel good boost from "helping us out" by taking the kids to Dairy Queen to get them whipped up on sugar? What a peach.

My point here is that, contrary to Lori's belief, marriages don't break up over housework. Marriages break up over unequal expectations. Marriages break up over one partner having tons of free time and relaxing while the other is killing herself working. Marriages break up over laziness, selfishness, and misogyny. But they don't break up over housework. 

Lori's "solution" isn't a fix for this either. As we've discussed, women work 16-hour-days in Lori-world, while men will leave work after eight hours to have their feet rubbed and their needs catered to. Wow, women working twice as long as men. What's that sound like?

You know what triggers me most about that post besides everything?

This line about "shoes" where she tries to be cute or clever, of which she is neither: "Women were happier when they were doing what God calls them to do – being barefoot (shoes are probably okay!) and pregnant in the home!"

UGH....that makes me want to be violent. 

39 minutes ago, polecat said:

Well, first of all, my feet get cold.

Mine too, it's winter here and I don't heat the kitchen, since we are only spend time there to prepare food. And I'm not happy with cold feet, I can get real bitchy when I'm cold.

13 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

My point here is that, contrary to Lori's belief, marriages don't break up over housework. Marriages break up over unequal expectations. Marriages break up over one partner having tons of free time and relaxing while the other is killing herself working. Marriages break up over laziness, selfishness, and misogyny. But they don't break up over housework. 

Lori's "solution" isn't a fix for this either. As we've discussed, women work 16-hour-days in Lori-world, while men will leave work after eight hours to and have their feet rubbed and their needs catered to. Wow, women working twice as long as men. What's that sound like?

Because you marry an adult and not another child what expects to be catered to. If both work, than they can also share the housework. My brother and I do that. I'm the cook, because I enjoy cooking and baking, but he cleans the kitchen after finishing and don't expect a homecooked meal every day, I also do the grocery shopping. He cleans his bedroom, the hall and kitchen, I'm bathroom, livingroom and my bedroom. And he get's mad when I do the laundry, he sees that as his responsibility. And whoever is free walks doggie. And no, his dick didn't fall off by doing his share in household chores.

Little history snippet, the GDR had a high percentage of women working. At fist married women, later single mothers and after much debate single fathers got an extra day of per month off, it was called housework day. 

40 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Because you marry an adult and not another child what expects to be catered to. If both work, than they can also share the housework.

Exactly! If, for example, I had a female roommate and we both worked full-time, we'd split the chores. There wouldn't even be a question, because that's fair. But suddenly a penis and a marriage certificate enters the picture and I'm supposed to do twice what the other person does? Uh, no.

ETA: Also, I got a hearty guffaw out of Lori using Clark Gable as an example of wholesome Hollywood. Girl, please.

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Wow, women working twice as long as men. What's that sound like?

Slavery to men, Lori's ideal life for women who aren't her. 

36 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

You know what triggers me most about that post besides everything?

This line about "shoes" where she tries to be cute or clever, of which she is neither: "Women were happier when they were doing what God calls them to do – being barefoot (shoes are probably okay!) and pregnant in the home!"

UGH....that makes me want to be violent. 

Same here, and I don't even like shoes!  I'll do almost anything I have to in order to avoid wearing shoes (and high heels are completely off my list...yeah, I'll just hand in my woman card at the door), but that's because I hate them, not because some twit like Lori tries to lay down the law.  

I swear, the more I read of Lori wanting to take all rights away from women, including voting, the more determined I am to vote in every possible election to keep idiots like her from bringing about The Handmaid's Tale in real life. :angry-fire:

Hey, Lori, I'll keep these -- I love barefoot, but I also love my stilettos.  If I feel like it, I'll wear them in the kitchen, or while I'm out being a Jezebel.  I wore them intentionally to work one day when I had to make a presentation to a large group just to annoy our CEO who makes comments about our flashy shoes.  

BTW, I've never been nor will I ever be pregnant -- didn't find the right man, now I'm too old and I had my "valuable" parts (her thoughts, not mine) removed 8 years ago.  Oh, Happy Day!

IMG_1846.jpg

10 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Hey, Lori, I'll keep these -- I love barefoot, but I also love my stilettos.  If I feel like it, I'll wear them in the kitchen, or while I'm out being a Jezebel.  I wore them intentionally to work one day when I had to make a presentation to a large group just to annoy our CEO who makes comments about our flashy shoes.  

BTW, I've never been nor will I ever be pregnant -- didn't find the right man, now I'm too old and I had my "valuable" parts (her thoughts, not mine) removed 8 years ago.  Oh, Happy Day!

IMG_1846.jpg

Love those!!! ?

I admit I'm barefoot at home today. Because I'm working from home. Bite me, Lori. 

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Exactly! If, for example, I had a female roommate and we both worked full-time, we'd split the chores. There wouldn't even be a question, because that's fair. But suddenly a penis and a marriage certificate enters the picture and I'm supposed to do twice what the other person does? Uh, no.

ETA: Also, I got a hearty guffaw out of Lori using Clark Gable as an example of wholesome Hollywood. Girl, please.

Yeah. First thing that came to my mind when I read that was 'Loretta Young.'

"Women were happier when they were barefoot and pregnant in the home"

Why does Lori suddenly care about the happiness of any woman? She has written time and again that women have no right to expect happiness or fulfillment from their lives as stay at home wives. She's not selling happiness, she's trying to silence women. Lori is nothing more than an easily fooled woman being used as a pawn by men with a very specific agenda.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived