• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Jellybean

M is for Mama 3: B is for Baby Boy Born

Giddy
ViolaSebastian
8 minutes ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

She's ditched #thelowdownonShiloh for #itsaShilohbration. I think the first one was better. But then I also read it multiple times as #thedownlowonShiloh, which I still think is better than those two, because my brain knows that made more sense *shrugs*

My guess is that someone clued her in that "down low" can mean something specific and not at all fundie. 

ETA: Gack, I read it wrong, too. Stuffy-head-brain. In any case, I'm sure we aren't alone in misreading it as "down low."

Edited by ViolaSebastian

DundeeUnFundie
1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

My guess is that someone clued her in that "down low" can mean something specific and not at all fundie. 

True 🤣 that hashtag flows so much better though!

Spent
Briefly
On 2/12/2019 at 3:29 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I definitely had a movie style birth. I woke up in the middle of the night with my first contraction (which was quite painful), we raced to the hospital, and my baby was born less than two hours after that very first contraction. 

My water broke at around 10:30 p.m. and I went straight to hard labor, no early labor or any of the lighter stuff.  It was hard and I was extremely glad that I was able to get an epidural. The upshot is that it was less than 12 hours, but at that point we were hopeful that we would be able to have another baby and I was praying that labor would be "normal" and not zero to warp 12 in a few minutes.  Of course, we didn't ever manage to have another one.  But I think you have us all beat!

LurkyLurkerson

Why is it even necessary to point out that your young child is a "one of your favourite people".  Isn't that a given?  It comes across as surprising.

The next part makes me query if Della's obedient character is the real reason :(

I'm probably over-analyzing but the "5 minute break" irks me.  

It's sweet that Della's interested in home decor.  I do wonder if it's a desperate ploy for her mother's attention and approval.  It's quite a specific interest for a child that age.  My peers and I were more into crafting than cultivating a sophisticated interior aesthetic.

Off the Rails
On 2/12/2019 at 10:18 PM, PianoGal said:

I would guess the Cheney Duvall, M.D. series by Lynn Morris and Gilbert Morris. In the books, Cheney's love interest is Shiloh. 

That's a good guess! She said it was a book she read when she was younger, right? So that could be it. She would never read it now. 

Last year she was asking for book recommendations and made sure to let everyone know that books with romance are beneath her. She likes historical books that are not quick and easy to read (or something like that. She made sure to word it so everyone would know she has superior intellect and taste in books). 

JermajestyDuggar
3 hours ago, Off the Rails said:

That's a good guess! She said it was a book she read when she was younger, right? So that could be it. She would never read it now. 

Last year she was asking for book recommendations and made sure to let everyone know that books with romance are beneath her. She likes historical books that are not quick and easy to read (or something like that. She made sure to word it so everyone would know she has superior intellect and taste in books). 

You know she’s secretly reading VC Andrews in that giant bath tub for an hour every night.

SassyPants
4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You know she’s secretly reading VC Andrews in that giant bath tub for an hour every night.

Did she ever did the plumbing hooked up to the tub?

JermajestyDuggar
14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Did she ever did the plumbing hooked up to the tub?

I know she has mentioned taking baths. So either she got the bathtub in her master up and running, or she is using the bath tub in one of her numerous bathrooms. 

NotQuiteMotY
On 2/13/2019 at 7:53 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Honestly it’s horrible. I was basically out of my mind because it was all so unexpected and overwhelming. I also thought I might have a car baby at 3am in the middle of winter. 

On 2/13/2019 at 11:31 AM, Screamapillar said:

Agreed. Both of my labor and deliveries were very fast but the second one was so fast I didn't have time for any kind of pain medication. (I'd had an epidural with the first). I did not feel like a "Rockstar" after my unmedicated delivery compared to my blissful, epidural delivery. I was more just happy it was over and in kind of a daze as opposed to just focusing on my newborn baby, which had been my experience after my medicated birth.

Agreeing on fast labors being their own kind of problem. The only time I was actively in labor with my son was a little under two hours, having gone from occasional irregular cramp to, with my water breaking, full-on transition. Any time anyone made a comment about not getting pain relief, my response was to tell them I wanted it but didn't have time. (Seriously. Called the nurse because it hurt so much and I couldn't see doing it any longer as an option, only to be told, "I'm calling the doctor, try not to push.") I was in the hospital already for other reasons, so it wasn't a huge problem, but I'm living in fear of the next one being born on the side of the road or in my living room.

SuperNova

So apparently Abbie went to a homeschool conference with baby Shiloh in tow. It's been more than 20 years since I had a baby but is it a good idea to drag a newborn to a place where there are tons of kids? I imagine there are quite a few anti-vaxxers in the crowd. I am willing to admit that I'm a nervous nelly and it may be an overreaction on my part. Either way, the post is just another Abbie show off. 

Giddy
ViolaSebastian

I can definitely see why short labors could be overwhelming and scary. My biggest fear would be a 75-hour-long Jill-Duggar-esque labor that ended with a c-section, so it seems like that would be the antithesis of it. I suppose I would really hope for a labor just long enough to get to the hospital without panicking, take a few photos, and get the epidural going. :pb_lol:

Waffle Time
feministxtian

94 minutes for my last one. irregular contractions that were bugging me, went to the hospital, they broke my water at 6pm and he was born at 7:34. He was born during the bottom of the hour commercial break of a Star Trek TNG episode.