IGNORED

Josiah & Lauren 13: Drift, Duggars, Drift (Miscarriage Content Warning)

Jellybean

Wow.  Do we know the Duggar's take on Disney?  I know we've seen that Peppa Pig and Paw Patrol are acceptable, but not sure about Disney.  Lauren definitely strikes me as someone who could be a big Disney princess fan.  Maybe that's because she kind of look like one.

• Upvote 8

I think they went Disneyland and met Snow White. The kids probably didn't know who she was. I don't think she's mentioned in the KJV.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I think they went Disneyland and met Snow White. The kids probably didn't know who she was. I don't think she's mentioned in the KJV.

Didn't they go to Disneyland and there were a lot of rides or parts that JB and Michelle wouldn't let them go on?

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Kissing photos are so awkward. 

Especially from these two. Ewww, so not cute at all.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Yeah kissing photos seem really cringey to me. The awkwardness of these two make it even more so. 

• Upvote 10

The one in Florida is Disney WORLD. I was in Florida for Christmas once, and I went to visit a friend (also in town for the holiday), who prompted her daughter to tell me about her big Christmas present. This delighted little girl exclaimed “Disneyland!” Her mom and I sternly replied “Disney World!”

Anyway, fundies and Disney. I remember that 25 years or so ago, the Southern Baptists objected to Disney offering what was then called “civil partners” benefits for gay employees. Now that they’ve lost that battle, it seems like most fundies have accepted that Disney provides relatively wholesome entertainment.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

On 2/4/2019 at 4:08 PM, Mama Mia said:

Today I learned something new ! I never knew that peri menopause covered the whole course through, and menopause was just the official one year since a period. 

I had a partial hysterectomy in my early 40’s. It took my one stupid ovary most of a decade to figure out it could stop with damn hot flashes and emotional overload. 

Me too!I also had a partial hysterectomy at 45.Throw in my Tamoxifen,breast cancer,around 44.It also was about a decade for me,as well..of the hot flashes,night sweats,irritability etc.

I live in SC,so winters are usually mild,but I worked in a warehouse for years,so..hot in the summer,cold on the days that were cold.I used to have to take my jacket off because I'd sweat,then have a hot flash.People would come by my work area and say stuff like: "Melon!Where's your jacket?""Melon!Aren't you cold???" Some women were very sympathetic.One assured me that eventually,I would need my jacket more often.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 8

Also,before my hysterectomy,I began having a much heavier flow during my periods..sorry TMI.I began having my period more often...like sometimes,every 2 weeks...once I had my period, stopped..then 3 days later..started again,and bled for 9 days.With the heavy flow,I became anemic.

Also,I was seeing an Oncologist,breast cancer.Lumpectomy,28 radiation treatments,Tamoxifen for 5 years.When I first went to my Oncologist,around 44,he did  a lot of bloodwork...and he says "Melon!You have excellent hormone levels.....for a woman your age".I didn't know how to take that remark.

That's when I went to my OB-Gyn...they ran some tests and said I was having "dysfunctional" bleeding,but that there were no signs of cancer,he then told me my uterus was enlarged,and started talking about a hysterectomy,in a few months.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 5

Pretty sure, though not 100%, that it was Disneyland, the one in California. They went in for a brief time on their "On the Road with Umpteen Children" [16?]  special back in the day. They all got those special (maybe gold) Mickey ears with their names and I thought what a waste... the kids won't be allowed to keep/wear them. One of their Calif stops was to visit that Christian-yet-wordly mega family and Michelle made the comment about listening in on the kids' conversations-- under guise as them being 'interesting' when she just wanted to make sure there was no ebil debil talk that could educate/lure her kids.

It's possible they've also visited Disney World, but surely not without it being filmed and paid for by TLC.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Someone over at Pickles fb-group found an Amazon wishlist in the name of Josiah Duggar. (Apparently you can type a name on their website and the wishlist shows up). This could of course be fake, but as the poster noted, several of the items could be seen on the photo of Josiah and Laurens guest room posted late january. Two of the most recently added items are pre-natal vitamins and a nursery rocking chair. We'll see what happens. 

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1W5HND8XE98DK?fbclid=IwAR3BMXA0K0CDf5xTHf0uoG9zhT_sT1uS-l0OId4q0S0nDVzris_rLsRPjM8

Edited by xenobia
added link to wishlist
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

4 hours ago, xenobia said:

Someone over at Pickles fb-group found an Amazon wishlist in the name of Josiah Duggar. (Apparently you can type a name on their website and the wishlist shows up). This could of course be fake, but as the poster noted, several of the items could be seen on the photo of Josiah and Laurens guest room posted late january. Two of the most recently added items are pre-natal vitamins and a nursery rocking chair. We'll see what happens. 

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1W5HND8XE98DK?fbclid=IwAR3BMXA0K0CDf5xTHf0uoG9zhT_sT1uS-l0OId4q0S0nDVzris_rLsRPjM8

(sarcasm) This can't possibly be a real Duggar. They've got a sign on there that says things like 'work hard', 'stay humble', 'keep honest', and the real kicker, 'never stop learning'! 

• Haha 27

On 2/8/2019 at 8:35 AM, HarleyQuinn said:

Totally. I am not even fundie and I usually find such posed kissing pictures on social media to be weird. That is what I don't get about these fundies. They are so severe on no front-hugs, no holding hands until you are engaged, etc. Yet once you are married, let's defraud the world with kissing all over the place. Fundies have this idea that non-fundie people are sex beasts or what? Not much people I know would post such posed kissing pictures (except maybe for a wedding pic)(or dry-hump on a minigolf course).:pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

That whole ‘saving for marriage’ thing is interesting because one of the explanations I was given was that if we did ‘everything’ before marriage, there would be nothing to look forward to about being married. Is there a movement towards saving something for the second year of marriage? The fifth year? The second decade? 

Quite aside from that, the suggestion that there’s nothing to look forward to and nothing exciting or fun about marriage apart from sex doesn’t sell the idea of fundie marriage terribly well.

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

That whole ‘saving for marriage’ thing is interesting because one of the explanations I was given was that if we did ‘everything’ before marriage, there would be nothing to look forward to about being married. Is there a movement towards saving something for the second year of marriage? The fifth year? The second decade? 

Well if you look at the Dillards for example, Jill has discovered how awful her husband truly can be in a few years.*

*Not that I think Jill believes Derick is awful. 

Edited by Carm_88
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

Oooohhh, menopausal thread drift!!! Always guaranteed to get my attention because I've been in the throes of hell for years. Too many folks up thread to quote but I agree with everything.  To whoever mentioned that she'll be through next month, don't hold your breath. I made it 11 and 1/2 months, thought I was in the clear and then had another period. I've now been 7 months without one. I previously went over 10 months period-free then they started up again. Hot flashes are not as intense as before. They seem to come in phases. I'll hardly have them for a couple months, then they'll return to burn me alive for a couple months, then they'll subside again. Whoever said stupid brain, YES!!!! God I feel so damn dumb most days. I forget everything, can't find my way out of a paper sack, can't problem-solve, forget work procedures I've been performing for years. As for mood swings, for me they've taken the form of anxiety which blindsided me 6 years ago and is still something I'm struggling with. I think I'd prefer the rages I've heard about but never experienced. So period craziness has been going on for at least 10 years; mood issues and stupid brain for 6.  Weight gain started about 2 years ago and has become a lost battle.  I'm holding out hope that once I get through to the other side the anxiety will go away and I'll find my brain again. Hope springs eternal.

Carry on with the Dugger snark, though I always find the thread drifts way more interesting than anything they've got going on.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 6

on the topic of BC hindering horniness . . .

I've always wondered if my slow decent from a sex crazed maniac who literally had to be "wiped down" during sex I was so wet/ was constantly horny/ thinking about sex 24/7 

to now someone who is just like "oh I'll get wet once we're into it" / oh women really do need to be warmed up for 20 minutes at least, the magazines weren't lying 

. . . was because I started birth control OR if it's just what happens over the course of being 16 and now 25. 

My doctors have all been like oh yes low libido is a side effect and that's really all they say. 

Im getting married in August and going off BC so I'm really curious and excited to see if I become a sex maniac again! But I also have PCOS soooo it's a crapshoot 

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

Does anyone else have access to the new episode of Counting On? I saw this comment on Reddit and was wondering if anyone could confirm this?

Spoiler

Per the comment:

Spoiler

It seems like Lauren had a miscarriage.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 7
  • Thank You 5

I  just came here because of that comment too. If that's true, poor Lauren, she seems like a sensitive girl so I'd think she'd take it pretty hard. Wonder if that's what was going on during the Instagram post about that abortion movie? People were speculating. 

• Upvote 3

@neurogirl Sounds great. I am so glad that you talked to your doctor---and that your doctor didn't blow you off & was actually helpful

I am 50 and my period is never ever ever going to stop.

Re: the spoiler above, very sad if true.  Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nicole Jinger Duggar said:

I  just came here because of that comment too. If that's true, poor Lauren, she seems like a sensitive girl so I'd think she'd take it pretty hard. Wonder if that's what was going on during the Instagram post about that abortion movie? People were speculating. 

It’s not showing up on DirectTV or the TLC Go app, which had today’s Sister Wives episode up a day early. I would hope they wouldn’t go see that movie if she’d just had a miscarriage ! Wow, that would be awful. Hope they are ok.

@neurogirl - that’s great news! But I agree, it can be very traumatizing and upsetting to find out you’ve struggled and suffered when you didn’t need to! 

Just a heads up, any IUD that contains hormones can have the same effect.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Yeah I was going to say the same thing about IUDs. I never had issues with my libido when I was young and on bc pills. Then I was off them because I had 3 kids in 4 1/2 years. Then I got an IUD and my libido absolutely tanked. Got it out about 6 mo ago bc my husband had a vasectomy and holy shit Im like a teenager again (im 33 now). It has been pretty awesome.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, Jellybean said:

Quite aside from that, the suggestion that there’s nothing to look forward to and nothing exciting or fun about marriage apart from sex doesn’t sell the idea of fundie marriage terribly well.

For people who are so pro marriage, that mindset makes it seem like theyre implying you wouldn't be happy with your husband/wife if there wasn't a new/novel thing to enjoy with them. 

• Upvote 6

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:31 AM, KeshetParparNesicha said:

I'm regretting my prediction of a baby for them. They still look so uncomfortable with each other.

Now I regret it even more...

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3

• Georgiana locked this topic