IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

Oh lord, I hope they wear matching outfits forever!  And name a future daughter "Miel"

I used to think that the wedding reception that I went to at a volunteer fire department was the most tragic venue ever--but this community hall was worse. I wish they could have had the ceremony outside!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Oh lord, I hope they wear matching outfits forever!  And name a future daughter "Miel"

I used to think that the wedding reception that I went to at a volunteer fire department was the most tragic venue ever--but this community hall was worse. I wish they could have had the ceremony outside!

They took group pictures outside and it looked like a beautiful day. I’m sure an outdoor ceremony would’ve been beautiful. But they would have had major issues with the camera work. They set up FOUR cameras in that hall so they could get every angle. I bet that’s why they chose to do it indoors.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Oh lord, I hope they wear matching outfits forever! 

Pecan-Davy and Priscilla could give them help with that...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 8/24/2019 at 11:22 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

Oh honey please? Speechless?

I don't believe you can't find anything buzzworthy here

?

That dress hurts my soul. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

After seeing Esther in that ... dress, I am pretty much assuming Kendalyn and Kathryn refused to be bridesmaids. Can you see them either one in that ... dress?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

After seeing Esther in that ... dress, I am pretty much assuming Kendalyn and Kathryn refused to be bridesmaids. Can you see them either one in that ... dress?

I can imagine them saying that there would be no one to wrangle their children, so thanks but no thanks. 

Wonder where they went on their HONEYmoon?  There’s a place called Honey Bee Island in Ontario.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Markie said:

I can imagine them saying that there would be no one to wrangle their children, so thanks but no thanks. 

Wonder where they went on their HONEYmoon?  There’s a place called Honey Bee Island in Ontario.

Omg that would be too much. 
Kendalyn always has the excuse that no one can pronounce her kids’ names.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

That was my first thought too ?... But it seems like they only picked their single siblings for their bridal party. Which would explain why they had more guys than girls. I find it sad that Elizabeth's sister with Down Syndrome wasn't a bridesmaid... but maybe she didn't want to, I shouldn't assume. 

• Upvote 5

Wedding rehearsal photo, posted by Elizabeth's brother Stephen.

And I think that definitely is the real veil!   A water bottle was used instead of a bouquet.

He says that they had 3 dry runs doing the wedding rehearsal, before getting pizza for everyone

20190823_ELF_9002.jpg

• Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

Did they have a no touch engagement? Could the beekeeping outfits possibly BEE (lol sorry) to "maintain purity" during the rehearsal? 

It's none of my business but I do hope Elizabeth had an enjoyable wedding night, whatever it entailed. I imagine she's the kind of fundie maiden who would find it really hard to jump into sweet fellowship. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

I can't believe I missed it after waiting ALL YEAR!!!  Was on a long road trip I planned months ago and am just now catching up.  OMG!!  I don't know where to begin--

The wedding dress left me speechless; but if she wanted to convey her absolute purity and virginity, she succeeded mightily.

Were the bridesmaids' outfits somehow in keeping with the bee theme as far as color choices? MOB frumper, oh Lord!

The nicest thing I can say is the wedding cake was cute, and Elizabeth looked very happy.

I hope those two take their time getting to know each other in the Biblical sense.  They're gonna need it.

Now I'm afraid we'll never hear from her again.  Wonder if the Frazers have plans to continue their blog?

Edited by petrushka
punctuation
  • Upvote 8

10 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

That was my first thought too ?... But it seems like they only picked their single siblings for their bridal party. Which would explain why they had more guys than girls. I find it sad that Elizabeth's sister with Down Syndrome wasn't a bridesmaid... but maybe she didn't want to, I shouldn't assume. 

Her youngest sister matched their mother with a brown jumper. Their outfits went with the bridesmaid outfits so she was kind of included. And like you said, it’s possible she didn’t want to be a bridesmaid. 

• Upvote 2

This was my favourite fundy wedding ever but I hope Elizabeth legit likes bees and isn't just going along with it because her man has a passion. (See also: Abbie Duggar and planes.)

They will of course have to have a kid named Deborah (meaning bee)! Hive could work as one of those one-syllable "masculine" names, right?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I think there will be many bee themed baby clothes at their baby shower. I’m guessing they will have a baby born a few months after their first wedding anniversary. I doubt they will have a honeymoon baby since they are a little older than your usual young fundie couple. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

That sister may not be able to handle the attention, noise and crowds. It seems like they include her in stuff so I would the motivation was pure. Plus, she may have seen the dresses...

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing they will have a baby born a few months after their first wedding anniversary. 

That is assuming they can move from no touch to full intercourse fairly quickly.  I know Elizabeth had her sheep and cows bred so you'd think she knows how it's done with humans but with fundies you never can tell.  Perhaps her mother clued her in the night before the wedding.  I just wonder how comfortable she can be with her own body given some of the essays she wrote for the family blog.  I will be looking forward to the arrival of their first blessing and just hope they keep some online presence.

Edited by petrushka
  • Upvote 4

A  verbiose grandiloquent Stephen has posted again on the Frazer blog  using words such as purport, conjectures and consternation. Quite a word salad. There are other photos of the wedding which seemingly took place in a retirement home where they minister.

Elizabeth and Michael didn't leave for honeymoon straight away, there are photos of them opening presents back at the Frazer home. They are obviously heading over the Canada US border for the honeymoon- they were opening presents so they didn't have to  be unwrapped by the border guards.

Elizabeth has a blouse buttoned up to her chin, complete with Tshirt underneath- matching with Michael who daringly has left a button undone.

20190824_ELF_9068.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 1

Wow-Stephen writes as if this were the 19th century. So much to snark on in his post--so they had the ceremony and reception at a nursing home/retirement facility where they reportedly minister--shades of Steve Maxwell!  

From the blog: "Michael delivered a wonderful revamp of selected sections from the Constitution which apply to the establishment of a new family".  Apparently he delivered this message during the reception!  What a wild and crazy guy this Michael Staddon is!  Bet their honeymoon will be full of such moments ?.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 9

3 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Wow-Stephen writes as if this were the 19th century. So much to snark on in his post--so they had the ceremony and reception at a nursing home/retirement facility where they reportedly minister--shades of Steve Maxwell!  

From the blog: "Michael delivered a wonderful revamp of selected sections from the Constitution which apply to the establishment of a new family".  Apparently he delivered this message during the reception!  What a wild and crazy guy this Michael Staddon is!  Bet their honeymoon will be full of such moments ?.

I think the Frazers or Staddons would be the best fundie matches for the Maxwell girls. If Steve does allow Mary or Anna to marry, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a Staddon. But I doubt he would ever allow a Frazer since they live in another country. I also think the Wallers might be a good match.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

The most recent post says the tent was put to use right away.... I sure hope they didn't go camping for their honeymoon.  I love camping but it wouldn't be my first choice to private alone time with my husband.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

This was my favourite fundy wedding ever but I hope Elizabeth legit likes bees and isn't just going along with it because her man has a passion.

She was a beekeeper before they even started courting.  They bonded over bees. 

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

That sister may not be able to handle the attention, noise and crowds. It seems like they include her in stuff so I would the motivation was pure. Plus, she may have seen the dresses...

I'm going with she saw the dresses.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, fundiefollower said:

The most recent post says the tent was put to use right away.... I sure hope they didn't go camping for their honeymoon.  I love camping but it wouldn't be my first choice to private alone time with my husband.

True confession:  we did go camping in Colorado for our honeymoon back in the last century.  The difference in our case is Mr. Petrushka and I had been sweet fellowshipping for several years.  Anyhow, nooky in the sleeping bag can be great fun if you know how to set things up comfortably.  Just sayin'.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think the Frazers or Staddons would be the best fundie matches for the Maxwell girls. If Steve does allow Mary or Anna to marry, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a Staddon. But I doubt he would ever allow a Frazer since they live in another country. I also think the Wallers might be a good match.

I agree totally but how many of these guys have purchased a home debt free in Leavenworth 2 blocks from the compound? Sarah Maxwell with Donald Staddon, Anna with a Frazer, and Mary with a Waller--what a trifecta that would be!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

From Stephen's ponderous book report on the wedding:

Then followed the cleanup which invariably, though unfortunately, follows the exercise of the nuptial art.

:mouse-shock: For a moment there I thought they had consummated the marriage on the pool table they couldn't remove from the NF community room.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 26
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, petrushka said:

We have entered a world in which Robert is the cool Staddon.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic