IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

28 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

That veil is a next level trust exercise for the poor groom. Am I getting married to the fair maiden of my choice or is that someone else they want to get rid of?

Yes! He wanted Rachel but he got Leah! 

Elizabeth is very quiet when saying her vows and I get the idea that she’s rather shy. These two are starting off late in babymaking. They are in their 30s so I’m guessing they won’t have a ridiculous amount of children that overwhelm them. So that’s another good thing about this coupling. Besides their obvious happiness. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

Some photos are up on the Staddon family website.

Elizabeth had a pearl and ruby tiara on her head at the reception. It looks a bit more fun at the reception than at the ceremony.

photo_2019-08-24_23-32-10.jpg

photo_2019-08-24_23-32-36.jpg

photo_2019-08-24_23-32-40.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

Why fundie couples always look like brother and sister? Elizabeth looks more like Michael than his own sister! 

Omg they made bride and groom honey bears ?

B7C7E7F1-C0EC-4A62-BF03-271D8A0E64DE.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • Love 12

How old is Elizabeth? 

I can't find anything about her family through Google.

Edit: I read the FJ thread about her family and looked at the family blog briefly, but still no official answer.

Edited by raspberrymint
More looking

15 minutes ago, raspberrymint said:

How old is Elizabeth? 

I can't find anything about her family through Google.

Edit: I read the FJ thread about her family and looked at the family blog briefly, but still no official answer.

It’s hard. I tried to figure it out by looking through their blog all the way to 10 years ago. Basically what I came up with is that she’s in her 30s. Michael is the second oldest Staddon and he’s in his late 30s. 

• Thank You 2
  • Love 1

There's a huge difference in fertility between 30 and 39, though.  That's why I was trying to figure out her specific age.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Why fundie couples always look like brother and sister? Elizabeth looks more like Michael than his own sister! 

Omg they made bride and groom honey bears ?

B7C7E7F1-C0EC-4A62-BF03-271D8A0E64DE.jpeg

I just want to say, I absolutely love the bride and groom honey bears.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, VVV said:

I just want to say, I absolutely love the bride and groom honey bears.

I know. It is cute. I have to keep reminding myself of their shitty shitty beliefs because their wedding theme and decor are endearing to my cutesy side.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

On 8/24/2019 at 11:41 AM, Triplet3 said:

I agree that the dress and particularly the veil are awful, but in my opinion the dress isn't actually worse than her sisters-in-laws' dresses (the Frazer double wedding a few years ago). In fact, I think it's slightly better, because it doesn't fit quite so badly. There's a photo of the double brides floating around FJ somewhere.

You made me search!  And I am going respectfully to disagree.  

The best pictures of the Frazer double wedding brides are on the reception post.  https://www.frazerfamily.ca/2013/12/the-reception/

If you scroll down to the bottom of the post (sorry I am too cyber challenged to post the pictures) the bride on the right looks suitably Little House on the Prairie.  However, the bride on the left is rocking an Audrey Hepburn-like boat neckline and has at least two inches of skin showing between her defraudingly short sleeves and those positively sexy looking long gloves.  And they both have much nicer veils!

Are we sure these Frazers aren't related to Teri Maxwell?   She was Teri Frazer before she married.  This gem from the double wedding post is very reminiscent of Teri's weeping and wailing at Nathan's funeral wedding.

There were tears in many eyes as we watched them go.  Life would never be same again.  But even as we sorrowed over our loss, we rejoiced in our gain and took heart in the remembrance that sunset in one place is sunrise in another.  In closing one chapter of life, God opens another.  Though He was, is, and always will be changeless (Jas 1:17), the Christian walk is not a stationary process.

Good grief!

21 hours ago, Sops2 said:

It's a McCalls pattern , number 4548, in case anyone wants to sew a similar one

20190824_214551.jpg

Fantastic find.  Well done!

I've seen that pattern before.  It is actually a pattern for an "Early American Costume" and variations of it are used by reenactors at Sturbridge Village.

I do wish Elizabeth had made her dress at least a size smaller, and worn the bonnet too.  It would have been so much prettier than the tablecloth she had on her head.

1 hour ago, raspberrymint said:

I don't think we have ever found accurate ages for the Frazers.  IIRC, our best guestimate was early 30s for Elizabeth.  Michael Staddon is 38, perhaps 39 now, I think.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

Esther Staddon is such a beautiful woman I'm quite surprised she hasn't found her Prince Charming yet. She works - or at least used to - at the IBLP hq where there's a good chance to meet other young ATI people.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Esther Staddon is such a beautiful woman I'm quite surprised she hasn't found her Prince Charming yet. She works - or at least used to - at the IBLP hq where there's a good chance to meet other young ATI people.

Perhaps young gentlemen are put off by her voice.  Esther outdoes Grace Mally as the voice I would least like to sit next to on a plane.

According to her LinkedIn profile, Esther is still working for IBLP in Chicago in "Curriculum Developement."  She teaches Character First.

The Staddons are deep into IBLP.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Esther’s voice is the worst fundie voice in all of fundieland. I’m sorry to be so harsh but it’s bad. Really bad. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I'm loving the hive cake and the honey bears far better than her dress and tablecloth combo (with or without the tiara). Did anyone else notice how they used the first two letters of each of their names to spell honey on top? MI(chael) & EL(izabeth) = miel which means honey. That's sweet! ?

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

The bright side to Esther's voice? If she's ever subjected to the secular world due to circumstances and has to find a career there, she could make a pretty good voice actress for kids' shows.

I just love that the most frumperlicious bee-themed wedding fell on my birthday of all days. What are the chances?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

Wow. Just wow! Their wedding seems to be all I've hoped for and waaaay more. What a frumper fest! But she looks really really happy and that is all that matters. 

I can't think of any other fundie wedding that will ever beat this level of awkwardness. A Jod wedding will be something else, but in a totally different way.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, AliC said:

I just love that the most frumperlicious bee-themed wedding fell on my birthday of all days. What are the chances?

Happy Birthday!

:bdayparty:

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

23 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Yep, definitely, the mouth and brow are both similar

Doesn't help that they left their reception wearing matching outfits as well!

photo_2019-08-24_23-32-03.thumb.jpg.202098892467ebfd6510dea122d1bb37.jpg

And Elizabeth's first outfit as a married woman features head-covering, so I suspect she'll keep doing it for a while - of her own volition, if not Michael's. 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Doesn't help that they left their reception wearing matching outfits as well!

photo_2019-08-24_23-32-03.thumb.jpg.202098892467ebfd6510dea122d1bb37.jpg

And Elizabeth's first outfit as a married woman features head-covering, so I suspect she'll keep doing it for a while - of her own volition, if not Michael's. 

She’s head covered for so long, I doubt she will stop. Maybe ever. When it comes to the 18/19/20 year old fundie girls getting married, they have worn skirts for only a year or two in adult life. It’s easy for them to go straight to pants because if that. Depending on her age, she could have head covered for well over a decade of her adult life. It’s a part of her now. She would likely feel naked without it. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

The very first thing that came to my mind when I saw Elizabeth with her veil lifted off her face... The first year of elementary school my class performed the story of Jesus' birth at the school Christmas party (I was an angel with white night gown and black snowboots...). Joseph and the shepherds were wearing bathrobes with thin white towels on their heads. That's exactly how Elizabeth looks.

Having said that, I wish the new couple all the happiness. Would be nice if they did that, too, for example to a gay newlywed couple, or a heathen couple, or a Catholic couple.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic