IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

Michael and Elizabeth have been engaged for 11 months now; the wedding shower took place 2 months ago by my guess; the FEW hosted on the Staddon property is now over.  My prediction for a spring wedding was blown to bits.  Is it too much to ask that they tie the knot before the seasons change again?

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Michael and Elizabeth have been engaged for 11 months now; the wedding shower took place 2 months ago by my guess; the FEW hosted on the Staddon property is now over.  My prediction for a spring wedding was blown to bits.  Is it too much to ask that they tie the knot before the seasons change again?

I’m sure it’s because she’s a Canadian. I predict that no other Staddon will enter into a courtship with a Frazer. They’ve learned their lesson. Fundies like short engagements. 

• Upvote 2

Doesn't look like the wedding will be this weekend.

James Staddon  ( Lenspiration ) is doing a week of Field Day workshops this week, starting off in WV on the 23rd and ending up in Dallas Texas on the 27th July- still places available for the last 2 days!

As you would expect, there is a dress code for young ladies

20190725_213258.jpg

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Doesn't look like the wedding will be this weekend.

James Staddon  ( Lenspiration ) is doing a week of Field Day workshops this week, starting off in WV on the 23rd and ending up in Dallas Texas on the 27th July- still places available for the last 2 days!

As you would expect, there is a dress code for young ladies

20190725_213258.jpg

The happy couple is in there! Actually it looks like multiple Staddon and Frazers might be in that group pictured.

• Upvote 3

David and Erica on the right? Michael and Elizabeth in the middle?

The other boys are either Staddons or Frazers I think, but who are the two girls with the tripod cameras?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

David and Erica on the right? Michael and Elizabeth in the middle?

The other boys are either Staddons or Frazers I think, but who are the two girls with the tripod cameras?

I’m not sure. Although they are very grumpy. Maybe FEW family friends.

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised James Staddon hasn't found a nice maiden yet. He's around a lot of SAHDs taking his photography classes and seems like a pretty friendly guy. 

But silly me, even if a girl would develop a little crush on the instructor, she would have no way of making it known. All she can do is pray that he feels the same way and approaches her father. It's a miracle, really, that fundies ever marry. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

On 7/25/2019 at 8:29 AM, petrushka said:

I wonder if there could be some sort of immigration paperwork backup? Having a wedding shower 2 months and counting before the ceremony is starting to look odd.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 7/23/2019 at 1:19 PM, HereticHick said:

Where is my Bee-themed MiEl wedding? Stamps feet impatiently!!

I know!  I want to start a slow clap and chant of "Why are we waiting?"

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I wonder if there could be some sort of immigration paperwork backup? Having a wedding shower 2 months and counting before the ceremony is starting to look odd.

Very odd, assuming she will be moving to the US instead of Michael moving to Canada.   I think we can safely assume that she doesn't have felony convictions in her background to hold things up. 

Things are taking longer than they used to, but 6 - 9 months should be enough even today.  Anyway the actual timing of the marriage ceremony isn't necessarily dependent on immigration status.  Where they are living and working is relevant.

If they want to get married in Canada, they should have started the process for a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative application ages ago.  If they want to get married in the US they could have applied for a K-1 (fiance visa) and get married within 90 days of her arrival.

I wonder if one or both are getting cold feet.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

He's a beehive inspector for the West Virginia Department of Agriculture. Perhaps this is the busy season?

I do agree that time lag since the bridal shower is a bit concerning

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 7/27/2019 at 4:16 PM, Palimpsest said:

I know!  I want to start a slow clap and chant of "Why are we waiting?"

Very odd, assuming she will be moving to the US instead of Michael moving to Canada.   I think we can safely assume that she doesn't have felony convictions in her background to hold things up. 

Things are taking longer than they used to, but 6 - 9 months should be enough even today.  Anyway the actual timing of the marriage ceremony isn't necessarily dependent on immigration status.  Where they are living and working is relevant.

If they want to get married in Canada, they should have started the process for a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative application ages ago.  If they want to get married in the US they could have applied for a K-1 (fiance visa) and get married within 90 days of her arrival.

I wonder if one or both are getting cold feet.

I wonder if they are having a hard time navigating immigration! Two sheltered homeschoolers are not exactly Myrna Loy and William Powell off on a madcap adventure.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

On 7/26/2019 at 11:47 AM, usedbicycle said:

I'm surprised James Staddon hasn't found a nice maiden yet. He's around a lot of SAHDs taking his photography classes and seems like a pretty friendly guy.

This. I'm sure there has been at least a few fundie SAHDs attending his classes who've had a crush on him.

I've been following the Lenspiration site for quite a while and must say I really like his nature photography. I would consider ordering his beautiful wall calendar if there weren't those Bibke verses all over it.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 7/27/2019 at 3:30 PM, Sops2 said:

He's a beehive inspector for the West Virginia Department of Agriculture. Perhaps this is the busy season?

I do agree that time lag since the bridal shower is a bit concerning

Apparently summer and fall are pretty busy for beekeepers according to a few sites I've visited.  Nonetheless, Michael and Elizabeth should be able to take a day off and get married before winter ? Wonder how her sister Sarah's courtship is progressing, or even if she is still courting.  Nothing but radio silence on that one since it was announced last year.

• Upvote 3

I went to the Neely site and was looking at pictures of the past FEW in WVA.  I think the bride to be and family were there.  I am not a thousand percent sure, but I saw some pictures that looked like her family. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, Mari2 said:

I went to the Neely site and was looking at pictures of the past FEW in WVA.  I think the bride to be and family were there.  I am not a thousand percent sure, but I saw some pictures that looked like her family. 

Members of her family were there, but she wasn’t (she’s not in her family’s attendee portrait, anyway, and I can’t see her in any of the other photos). Likewise Michael.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

I thought I saw her and her sister sitting down at the lunch table in Jonathan Staddon's vizaframe  video of the FEW get together, round about 4 minutes 50, but on looking again I'm not quite so sure it was her. There were long haired kerchiefed maidens there, but they all look the same from behind!

• Upvote 2

Well call me surprised - James and Jonathan Staddon are indeed moving out of the family home and setting up house together.

They are moving in to a house that was owned by an old friend of their grandfather who passed away.The lady's family gave them first dibs on the house and God moved in mysterious ways and provided the finance as their Dad had to release part of his pension just at that same time, which just happened to be the same amount as the house was valued at.

We saw the house photo about a month ago, with the caption about moving in, but with little detail, but  Jonathan has a little video up on his vizaframe youtube site "God can use anyone", and also one about setting up a Home Studio where you can see inside the ground floor of the house - looks nice. It does say that the house is for himself and James to live and work in.

Will Esther pop over to do the cooking, cleaning, washing and ironing?

Only 3 people have viewed his video, so come on guys, have a look!

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

On 8/11/2019 at 11:33 AM, Sops2 said:

Well call me surprised - James and Jonathan Staddon are indeed moving out of the family home and setting up house together.

They are moving in to a house that was owned by an old friend of their grandfather who passed away.The lady's family gave them first dibs on the house and God moved in mysterious ways and provided the finance as their Dad had to release part of his pension just at that same time, which just happened to be the same amount as the house was valued at.

We saw the house photo about a month ago, with the caption about moving in, but with little detail, but  Jonathan has a little video up on his vizaframe youtube site "God can use anyone", and also one about setting up a Home Studio where you can see inside the ground floor of the house - looks nice. It does say that the house is for himself and James to live and work in.

Will Esther pop over to do the cooking, cleaning, washing and ironing?

Only 3 people have viewed his video, so come on guys, have a look!

Bachelor party pad!! breakout the diet coke and board games!

So wierd that two bachelor brothers are getting a house, yet another brother is allegedly engaged & we have no idea where he & his bride will live--unless the Staddon homestead has some sort of mother-in-law type apartment.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Although I don’t think we know the exact ages of the Frazers, I think Jeremy looks at least 10 years older than Sarah Frazer. I hope they have a double wedding with Michael and Elizabeth in Canada.

D1DAAB31-A908-4AAE-8759-7B767DD40AA0.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Although I don’t think we know the exact ages of the Frazers, I think Jeremy looks at least 10 years older than Sarah Frazer. I hope they have a double wedding with Michael and Elizabeth in Canada.

D1DAAB31-A908-4AAE-8759-7B767DD40AA0.jpeg

I know Sarah is of legal age but this looks like an FLDS engagment of a 14 year-old with a man in his mid-thirties with 2 other wives and 9 kids. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

Maybe Michael and Elizabeth's wedding has been held up because they really are planning a frumptastic  double wedding!!!

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Maybe Michael and Elizabeth's wedding has been held up because they really are planning a frumptastic  double wedding!!!

One can dream...

• Upvote 6

Elizabeth says that the last couple of months have been busy months, but she'll save that for another post. 

Putting together a Hope Chest?  sewing a trousseau ? sewing the wedding dress and all the bridesmaids frumpers?   Making the wedding cake? 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Elizabeth says that the last couple of months have been busy months, but she'll save that for another post. 

Putting together a Hope Chest?  sewing a trousseau ? sewing the wedding dress and all the bridesmaids frumpers?   Making the wedding cake? 

Raising a multitude of beehives as her dowry?

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic