IGNORED

The Staddons: Doing Things a Little Bit Differently

Palimpsest

The men's suits looked the best fitting of any fundie wedding I've seen.

The groom looked well turned out compared with other grooms with neither baggy trousers nor too big jacket. Unlike Robert whose jacket was 2 sizes too big.

Can someone please find a wife for Donald?

061211-JAS_9202.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

@Sops2, Donald's 40 now and is the most odd-looking Staddon, but you never know...he could still marry! Sarah Maxwell is the right age for him... ?

Edited by Triplet3
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Just now, Triplet3 said:

Donald's 40 now and is the most odd-looking Staddon, but you never know...he could still marry! Sarah Maxwell is the right age for him... ?

I thought Michael was the one that would be a great match for Sarah! But it’s too late now. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

I've just had the thought that tonight will be the first time Michael has ever seen Elizabeth without her kerchief

.....that we know of. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

I've just had the thought that tonight will be the first time Michael has ever seen Elizabeth without her kerchief

I bet she sleeps in a head cover. Like the ones they wear in Little House on the Prairie.

• Upvote 4

I know we’ve posted pics already, but I think this is a good view of the entire dress. Imagine the Peter Pan collar and veil gone. It would look so much better that way. 

BEDC18CB-504D-4A80-B523-4AA453969A4B.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

OMG - who on earth would let their daughter walk down the aisle like that?  Oh, I know, a women who would wear a brown frumper and hiking boots to their daughter’s wedding.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

OMG - who on earth would let their daughter walk down the aisle like that?  Oh, I know, a women who would wear a brown frumper and hiking boots to their daughter’s wedding.

She's so slim, but that dress doubles her size.  And the veil does indeed look like a nun's habit.  Imagine a sheer veil.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

There's a really funny bit at about 10 minutes in on the livestream on camera 4.

Kathryn Neely Staddon spots an ironing board at the back of the hall and a young man rushes off to go hide it in a cupboard!

Screenshot_20190824-224642_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 9
  • Love 1

I very much hope they are happy. Weddings aren't supposed to be about the trappings. There sure aren't many here. But she looks so thrilled.

And they looked dorky but happy in their beekeeping outfits. Again, I can't snark on bees. We need bees. Let them cultivate honey and not hate.

Bizarre.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 3

I've never before had pet fundies, but gosh, Elizabeth is just too much. Her wedding outfit exceeded my wildest expectations. I'm so pleased.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Someone mentioned this wedding in another thread somewhere, so I had to come investigate. I know less than NOTHING about the Staddons, but after a look at the wedding dress, I've gotta go down this rabbit hole! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I am just speechless.

Oh honey please? Speechless?

I don't believe you can't find anything buzzworthy here

?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Someone mentioned this wedding in another thread somewhere, so I had to come investigate. I know less than NOTHING about the Staddons, but after a look at the wedding dress, I've gotta go down this rabbit hole! 

I love them because they're responsible for putting broccoli on a birthday cake. The child wanted it. This weird catering to a healthy preference in a kid strikes a chord with me and I don't want them spoiled.

I think similar pure types of purpose appeal to other posters. They seem more sincere (if that's possible among the people who we follow)..

I wasn't kidding about not snarking the bee thing earlier. If they were to decide that one of their missions was bees, then hot diggity. That's a noble, Christian, has to be biblical thing if ever I have heard it. We the planet need bees! More than babies.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Same. Same. Where do we even start? I’m just... is she Mennonite?? Or is there an explanation for this? He looks like any other groom. Do we think he was shocked or is he used to this? 

What is going on here today people!!?? ????

eta: the title of the thread did not prepare me because this is not just a little different. I was not ready!! ? Also I agree about the bees. Good on them for that. 

Edited by Ex 2x2
  • Upvote 5

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know we’ve posted pics already, but I think this is a good view of the entire dress. Imagine the Peter Pan collar and veil gone. It would look so much better that way. 

BEDC18CB-504D-4A80-B523-4AA453969A4B.jpeg

I just can’t even. What is she thinking? What is going on with his trousers? How on earth are these two going to get down and quiverfull. Seriously?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

Okay, THIS was the most magical fundy wedding I've ever seen. I figured it would be gloriously fugly, but WOW! I will be thinking about this one for a while. The dirt-dauber themed bridesmaid frumpers! The barren community meeting hall, complete with non-folding plastic chairs! That infant christening gown of a bridal dress!!!! Just... amazing. I loved everything. Especially the rehearsal dinner twin beekeeper suits. Unless they modified hers (entirely plausible), that could be the first time Elizabeth has ever worn pants. I bet she felt racy. 

But, after a courtship that featured more than a few pictures of them dressed alike, I kind of love that they matched for their rehearsal dinner. That, plus Elizabeth's truly glowing face, makes this one of the most genuinely joyful looking unions in a long time. (With the caveat that the groom looked terrified during the wedding proper.)

11 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Even money that she never takes it off. Or if she does, there's just another one under it.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Threff said:

I just can’t even. What is she thinking? What is going on with his trousers? How on earth are these two going to get down and quiverfull. Seriously?

I'm fixated on the fabric by her left wrist.  Something looks seriously off there, like it's defying gravity.  A bit too much starch, perhaps?

I think her dress and veil would make a stellar Halloween costume but I'd like to know what he thought.

I imagine that the wedding night featured prolonged, intense prayer and some kind of bloomers and bonnet get-up.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I think similar pure types of purpose appeal to other posters. They seem more sincere (if that's possible among the people who we follow)..

Yes, although I disagree with their beliefs, there is a level of sincerity and consistency that seems lacking elsewhere. Modesty is a core theme amongst fundies and she has totally adhered to this unlike the constant 'look at me' selfies of some of the others we follow.

Everything about this wedding was fabulous, she may have been the frumpiest but I also think she's the happiest bride I've seen!

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Loveday said:

The Staddons are certainly snark-worthy in general, but in the case of this wedding, the Frazers deserve it more. It’s them who were responsible for the frump. They were previously discussed here: 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7

68A17C8B-C17E-45ED-B985-622C5397BF46.png

That veil is a next level trust exercise for the poor groom. Am I getting married to the fair maiden of my choice or is that someone else they want to get rid of?

• Haha 14
  • Love 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic