IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 36: The Drought Has Ended with Jessa's Announcement

Coconut Flan

I haven't heard anything about when Counting On is going to start airing again. Did I miss it, or have they not announced a date for the new season yet?

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@singsingsing Nope, there still isn’t one. I thought there was.

Just Bates on 1/4. The uptv site does tease a “proposal, a wedding, and another Bates baby?”

1 minute ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Just Bates on 1/4. The uptv site does tease a “proposal, a wedding, and another Bates baby?”

Those are probably Carvan's engagement, Jolton's wedding, and Bori's baby.

1 minute ago, justmy2cents said:

Those are probably Carvan's engagement, Jolton's wedding, and Bori's baby.

I agree. But, they did manage to squeeze in the Bori announcement last season so we could get something.

47 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I agree. But, they did manage to squeeze in the Bori announcement last season so we could get something.

With fundies it's never out of the question, ? 

I think this could be a ratings thing. People waiting to tune in to see what is going on, whenever the shows start back up. Hell there will probably be 4 pregnant duggars by then.  Also, regarding cousins- my parents met at a party, hooked up. Wellllll.... I happened. They got to know each other better and lo and behold, they were 2nd cousins. My dad's mom was mortified and tried to steer her son far away from my mom and his soon to be child. (My other grandma told me that grandma came from the "hoity-toity" side of the family.) So my mom was set to raise me as a single mom, then my dad came around and a few months after my birth they married. 

6 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

My Grandmothers half sisters grandson once asked me out. What is that relation even LOL?

Half second cousins!

Thanks!  As far as I know no one in my family met their spouse at family reunions :)  The  Old folks did the opposite and married way way out in left field. My Grandmothers youngest Aunt who was a Polish girl saw A very handsome man at a dance. He happened to be Mexican and in her words she decided that’s the man for her. This being Texas in the 30’s such was unheard of and  you can imagine the reaction when she told her mother she was going to marry Him.

My sister and I married brothers. They couldn’t be more different, my sister and I couldn’t be more different. Frankly, we really don’t like to be around them all that much, and they are getting divorced. Fun! Our kids and their kids are double cousins which is kind of neat.

I can't get over this gap, it has changed my expectation for the long term baby count.  When Jill and Jessa first got married I thought things would look a lot different today.  I squirmed at the inequality in the gender roles and the distorted ideas about God's role in procreation that painted a much different outcome. 

This is just my musing based on what we know,  while refusing to scrutinize for baby bumps or glows.  This isn't about if we will see babies this year, that's almost a given, this is more about long term, if  anyone hits Duggar size numbers. 

I just don't see Jill or Jessa breaking double digits or even getting close.  Regardless of when Jessa announces, Henry is already 22 months.  Remember when it seemed completely implausible her youngest baby could hit 9 months sans pregnancy to make her eligible for adoption?    And Jill will now be at least 28 before she has her third.

Anna's spacing has been consistent, I don't see that changing. 

Man,  I was so worried about Joy, but 10 months after Gideon and based on her on assertion a few weeks ago, I took it as a firm "lay off me."

I don't see Jinger hitting big numbers either, based on things they've said and Jeremy's age.

And yes, I once considered Kendra an unknown, but she also had the good enough sense to use a doctor and a hospital, so I am going to give her some credit to listen to medical advice long term even if she has her second and third quickly.

Lauren and Sid are 6 months with no announcement, so still an unknown. 

Abbie is an unknown, but as a nurse, I will give her the benefit to take care of her health long term as well.

The twins are now 21, without any known courtship.  Jana turns 29 next week already with more children then anyone wants.

Will we see several pregnancy in 2019?  Yes, I think so, but I just don't see any indications of  rapid succession of pregnancies to get to 12, 14 plus kids.    

8 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

My Grandmothers half sisters grandson once asked me out. What is that relation even LOL?

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Half second cousins!

And therefore actually only 1.5625% of shared genes on average (IF there is not an additional underlaying blood relation going on and IF there is no genetical disease involved). This  would probably have been fine medically speaking, I guess? But I'm not really sure.

Link below calculates the average amount of shared dna between two random people.

http://book.bionumbers.org/how-genetically-similar-are-two-random-people/

20 hours ago, habert said:

Siblings marrying siblings from the same family weirds me out. I know there’s nothing really wrong with it, but it just feels like...your social circle is so small and keeping the family tight tight knit. Idk I guess it’s really just with these fundie families I find it weird, since it seems so uncommon in general. But like the only other example it’s probably common in historically is probably royalty, which again is social circle so small and family trying to control family. Just something about it is a red flag for the family dynamics in general in my mind I guess.

Siblings marrying siblings from the same family weirds me out. I know there’s nothing really wrong with it, but it just feels like...your social circle is so small and keeping the family tight tight knit. Idk I guess it’s really just with these fundie families I find it weird, since it seems so uncommon in general.

My ex has a case of siblings from one family marrying siblings from another family, and they weren't socially isolated.  One son on his fathers side married a local woman and they had kids.  Years later, the brother of the man started to feel romantic about the sister of the wife.  Within a year they got married, but it was the second marriage for both, their kids were all grown and out of the house, and they weren't of an age to have children together.  It happens.

What I find gross is when a spouse divorces his/her mate to marry the sibling of said mate.  That happened to a woman I worked with many years ago.  

H had a sister who came to live with them when sister got divorced.  H's husband got sis a job where he worked, on the late shift that he also worked, so they drove to and from work together.  H was always asleep when they got home, so it wasn't until a few months later she woke up and realized her husband wasn't in bed.  She didn't find him in the house so she went to her sisters room to see if she knew where he was.  He was in bed with the sister.  Once they'd been found out, the husband asked for a divorce and married H's sister. 

My grandmother's maternal aunt married her paternal uncle. It was the 2nd marriage for both after they lost their spouses and children during the holocaust. They were in their 40's. There were several miscarriages before they finally had a son. My grandmother's double cousin is only 8 months older than my mother. Oddly enough that's probably the relative we're least close to. 

With all the Duggar cousins that are to be expected in the third generation, it seems not unlikely that we might see a Duggar first cousin marriage (or first cousins who are interested in one another) at some point down the road. 

What would the Duggars' stance be on this? Does Gothard/ATI/IBLP condone or disapprove of first cousin marriages? 

I think Kendra will be the first to announce another pregnancy in the not so distant future.  In the group picture, only her head was visible.  Her body was so completely covered it looked deliberate.

I hope I’m wrong.

1 hour ago, SweetJuly said:

With all the Duggar cousins that are to be expected in the third generation, it seems not unlikely that we might see a Duggar first cousin marriage (or first cousins who are interested in one another) at some point down the road. 

What would the Duggars' stance be on this? Does Gothard/ATI/IBLP condone or disapprove of first cousin marriages? 

First-cousin marriage is illegal in Arkansas and Texas (and Oklahoma for that matter), so not if they live in those states, at least. I suppose they could marry out of state if they really wanted. 

1 hour ago, SweetJuly said:

I actually think that's really, really unlikely. First cousin marriage hasn't been socially acceptable in the U.S. for a long time, in a lot of the country (including Arkansas) it's illegal, and it doesn't happen very often. Not saying it's impossible, but I would definitely not expect any Duggar first cousins to wind up married. 

If Jessa got pregnant today, and kept a spacing of 2½ years between babies, she could still reach ~9 kids. 

If Jill got pregnant today, and kept a spacing of 2½ years between babies, she could reach ~8 kids (providing a successful VBAC I suppose).  

Joy could reach 10, with a 2½ year spacing, if she got pregnant today (providing a successful VBAC I suppose). 10 for Kendra as well. 

So I'm not ruling out really large families just yet. 

Linking my silly 'let's calculate how many babies they could have if X/Y/Z' thing from a few weeks ago: 

tl;dr: they could all still continue at their current 'pace', or even slow down quite a bit, and end up with kids in the double digits.

My guess is still for Kendra and Joe to have the biggest family of the now married Duggarlings. I think Smuggar & Anna will stop after 6 kids. The rest of them will have 4 or 5 kids tops I can see the Dullards being done at 2, with as hard as Jill's delivers were (because of her stupidity) I don't think she can physically carry anymore babies safely. With as practical as Austin is, I don't see them having more than 4 kids. Jeremy's ideal family, I think, has 3 kids.  Not sure about Siren or Jabbie, I think Siren will wait a few years before their 1st, but Jabbie will be pregnant before their 1st anniversary. 

41 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I actually think that's really, really unlikely. First cousin marriage hasn't been socially acceptable in the U.S. for a long time, in a lot of the country (including Arkansas) it's illegal, and it doesn't happen very often. Not saying it's impossible, but I would definitely not expect any Duggar first cousins to wind up married. 

That's why I also mentioned 'first cousins who are interested in one another' and asked what the attitude towards first cousin marriages was in their circle...

7 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

The twins are now 21, without any known courtship.

They actually just turned 20.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived