IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 36: The Drought Has Ended with Jessa's Announcement

Coconut Flan

17 hours ago, Buzzard said:

So they made another trek to sintral amerika to save teh ebil catholiks at christmas?  Looks like they came through Atlanta on Delta (because all things going through Atlanta are delta).

http://www.duggarfamily.com/index.cfm?p=central-america

Jana isnt pictures with any menfolk her age, too bad.  Can someone tell me WTAF is going on here?

businriver.jpg.f9af3b1a63b7e26ed1bfd419879a102b.jpg

Is it a Cahill's Crossing in the Northern Territory (of Australia) type situation? (Though I would have thought a School Bus driver would have known better if it was...).

Here is a recent example of its claimings... https://www.ntnews.com.au/lifestyle/car-attempts-to-drive-through-flooded-croc-infested-cahills-crossing-fails-spectacularly/news-story/f5fe3c15459d17638467bcd7b95c2b31

Here is a description of it and how to cross it (basically at low tide and not in the wet season): https://venturenorth.com.au/northern-territory-tourism-blog/when-to-cross-information-about-crossing-cahills-crossing/

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:

I found this on the Duggar Snark reddit. The poster there said the bags read: "If you died tonight, would you spend eternity in heaven or in HELL?"imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7

I'm going to think about that image forever in disgust. WTF. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb941d1cec36b5e7

On 12/26/2018 at 11:46 AM, MargaretElliott said:

Slightly off topic, but a little related - I'm having a New Year's party and have several friends who don't drink. Anyone have any good punch/mocktail recipes? I want to make them something tasty and special and festive, instead of just offering them soda. Maybe spiced apple cider?

I mostly don't drink aside from a single drink a few times a year. I had spiced apple cider at a recent Christmas party with friends and it was delightful. 

The "laying it on our hearts" thing seems like manipulative mumbo jumbo to me. From the outside at least, it seems like it's a way to attribute a particular feeling or desire for something as coming from God when really it's coming from a person. For instance... Jill and Derick's web site says "God has placed international missions on our hearts" on the home page. Do they really feel like a higher power pushed international missions on them? Or does Derick just love to travel, has wanderlust, and despises working in an office? And I don't think Jill ever felt truly called to living in Central America... if anything this was "laid on her heart" by Derick or she was doing it to please Derick like the young girl falling for her first love that she was.
Similarly, how often was it "laid on the Duggar children's hearts" to be obedient to their parents, memorize psalms, or whatever else because JB and Michelle kept lecturing them about it?
I grew up fundie light/conservative Christian and this is exactly how it felt to me once I started losing my faith. I take great pleasure now in doing things because I want to or not doing them because I don't want to, and I find it irritating when my friends + family blame things on god when I see it as decisions they are choosing.

It's always amused me how there is such a variance in Christian interpretation of biblical rules around drinking alcohol. I got into a discussion turned argument with one Fundy over the whole "it wasn't wine, it was grape juice" thing. He didn't understand that in hot climates such as the Middle East, high sugar fruit juice ferments rapidly into alcohol - there is just no way to stop that from happening without refrigeration, so grape juice would only have been available during a short harvest season and would only have stayed grape juice for a few days after it had been extracted. It doesn't seem very realistic that people could have regularly consumed grape juice in that time and place, but he was adamant that wine was un-Christian and Jesus never touched a drop because his pastor said it was so.... Since I come from the Jewish tradition of questioning everything and seeing people regularly debating with the Rabbis and celebrating holidays where it tends to be an attitude of let's get lit for God, it is quite the contrast. 

I tend to avoid drinking except at social events. My mother self medicated with alcohol when I was growing up and my father's mother was a start drinking at breakfast kind of alcoholic who wound up with some sort of dementia. I don't want to go down that road, so can understand why some people choose to avoid it all together and keep it out of their houses, but the whole ideology all alcohol consumption is evil and having an occasional drink will invariably result in alcoholism seems to be a bit of an extremist view.

Recently, I seem to have developed some sort of intolerance to alcohol so my body may be making the decision to abstain for me. I never liked the taste much and my friends DGAF who's drinking or not, so it doesn't bother me - I'd rather be unable to drink than unable to eat something I really enjoy such as gluten. 

My main problem with alcohol (and any drug, really) is very low tolerance because of my size. I am, as they say, a very cheap date; depending on the ABV and how much I've eaten, I can be buzzed after one beer. I used to drink A LOT (for my size/tolerance) and be a major party girl back when I was younger and didn't get terrible hangovers, but now tequila shots will have me puking my soul out the next morning. I still love me some good cocktails and I'll never turn down a nice Sancerre or Rioja, but now I try to steer clear of my "wake up with more money in my bra than I remember having at the start of the night" days. 

11 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

let's get lit for God

I need this on a shirt.

Let’s design shirts with this phrase for various holidays. We can have one with Hamen and Mordechai dancing a jig together, another with Moses surrounded by empty wine glasses, etc

@HarryPotterFan I'm in!

Shot glasses and a bottle under the Sukkot, empty bottles of wine surrounding a Passover Sedar plate, possibly with a graphic of someone getting chased by a Zeroa welding person in the background (although that may just have been my family)... So many possibilities 

What Is Jessa Wearing in that Photo?

It's as if the Mustard Cardigan has morphed into a...... dress! 

My EYES!!!

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

What Is Jessa Wearing in that Photo?

It's as if the Mustard Cardigan has morphed into a...... dress! 

My EYES!!!

I was thinking it was a coat.  But it could be a dress.

20 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

That is a very mustard dress. If she wore a cropped red vest with it, she could be Disneybounding as Winnie the Pooh.

I never thought of Winnie the Pooh as a Gothardite, but he also eschews pants.

Hmmm.

A pantless bear? I'm sure there are some of those in the back rooms of bars in the Castro district.

DEFINITELY not Gothard approved, unless there's something he's been repressing.

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I never thought of Winnie the Pooh as a Gothardite, but he also eschews pants.

Hmmm.

And now we know why Zach approves of Pooh. 

Jed and Jer turned 20 yesterday! How much longer before one of them is a-courtin’? I’m convinced that one of them will end up with Lauren Caldwell.

25 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Jed and Jer turned 20 yesterday! How much longer before one of them is a-courtin’? I’m convinced that one of them will end up with Lauren Caldwell.

Where the heck are their birthday posts? I want to know how grateful JB & Michelle are for them and how neat it's going to be to see what the Lord does with their lives in the coming year!

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Where the heck are their birthday posts? I want to know how grateful JB & Michelle are for them and how neat it's going to be to see what the Lord does with their lives in the coming year!

Don't forget their servant hearts

They posted on Facebook yesterday. A very short post with the usual themes. You don’t think I had it on my calendar, do you?

Just now, QuiverFullofBooks said:

They posted on Facebook yesterday. A very short post with the usual themes. You don’t think I had it on my calendar, do you?

Dude, some of us have spreadsheets. :pb_lol:

On 12/29/2018 at 2:43 PM, JessaBlessa said:

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 10.38.01 PM.png

who is that behind jim bob in front of one of the male twins? hannie????

32 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

who is that behind jim bob in front of one of the male twins? hannie????

Yes that does look like Hannie but where is Spurg?  I spy with my little eye a film crew which means more seasons. 

ETA: No M kids?

:thumbsdown3:

On 12/20/2018 at 2:28 PM, habert said:

Yesterday was Felicity’s 5 month.

That means 154 days since Felicity Vuolo’s birth and 41 days since Kade Smith’s birth and no announcements from either camp.

Tori Smith gave birth to Kade November 9th
Abbie Duggar married November 3rd
Josie Balka married October 5th
Jinger Vuolo gave birth to Felicity July 19th
Lauren Duggar married June 30th
Kendra Duggar gave birth to Garrett June 8th
Erin Paine gave birth to Everly March 30th
Alyssa Webster gave birth to Zoey March 28th
Joy Forsyth gave birth to Gideon February 23rd
Anna Duggar gave birth to Mason September 12, 2017
Jill Dillard gave birth to Samuel July 8th, 2017
Jessa Seewald gave birth to Henry February 6th, 2017
Whitney Bates gave birth to Kaci June 20th, 2016
Michael Keilen married August 15th, 2015

Last day of 2018, and STILL NO ANNOUNCEMENTS! In 3 days it will be 1 whole year since Jinger announced her pregnancy with Felicity (Jan 3rd). It’s also been 165 days today since Felicity Vuolo was born and 52 days since Kade Smith’s birth. If Abbie and Josie conceived within the first 8 weeks of their marriage, they’re probably not announcing for another month. However, Lauren has been married for 184 days and no announcements, either. Henry Seewald is turning 2 on February 6th, 37 days from now. 

Who is going to be first? How much longer will there be no announcements? How many will be pregnant at once? I feel like whoever announces first is going to start off a long endless baby parade as more presumably get married and this is probably the last time we’ll have such a “prolonged” period

If M and JB start panicking that their adult kids are aren't toeing the line well enough, I wonder who they blame? Do they call a meeting of the girls to make sure they're being joyfully available? But with marriage, the "authority" was transferred from JB to the husband - does he call his son in laws over? or can he only scold his sons for not producing arrows for the quiver rapidly enough? Or in the cult of JimBob is everyone under his rule, natural born child or in-law? He's probably making changes to his questionnaire as we speak to prevent this drought in future spouses. 

1 hour ago, Casserole said:

He's probably making changes to his questionnaire as we speak to prevent this drought in future spouses. 

This is just giving me daymares.

"Do you promise to boink like bunnies and chart your wife's ovulation and have relations frequently during her fertile time, so you can fill your quiver for God and produce as many babies as possible?

Do you promise to avoid medical advice and leave babies up to God (and strategic boinking) if your wife needs a C-section while resuming marital relations 40 or 80 days after birth?

Do you promise to always be in the mood?

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived