IGNORED

Dillards 69 : Write Your Own Joke Here

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Duggar Christmas gift!  I want one.

Hide contents

1759157A-0260-4DAB-8E95-9AB4D3722A67.thumb.png.74851b43aad137c1e4e8fa4eb2749b33.png

I am going to be sentenced for a decade in the Prayer Closet, but I wondering if that comes with lube.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JingerSnaps said:

Maybe that wouldn’t be a bad thing for Mr. Snaps and me. Unless we are regulars someplace we almost always get handed separate checks. I sometime wonder if it is something all interracial couples deal with or it is just because neither of us is very touchy. 

I think it's an interracial thing, especially with more unusual racial pairings.  I get this sort of reaction frequently when out with spouse.  A colleague of mine is Chinese and has a white wife.  He gets a lot of strange reactions too.

I sit where I want to sit. Sometimes it’s beside my husband, sometimes across. If the sun is in my eyes across from him, I’ll join him on his side. He doesn’t want the sun in his eyes either. There are many reasons I might be sitting beside him instead of across from him. None of them have to do with being a clinger.

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I know I'm the annoying person who comes in halfway through a movie and wants someone to catch them up on the plot ... so apologizes in advance for being that annoying friend but ...

I don't follow them except here and haven't watched the show in years ... it's an oft expressed sentiment around here that the honeymoon is over and they don't seem happy with each other.  Where is that stemming from?

I see her posts as overstatements which sometimes read as she's trying to convince herself life is awesome, but could also be how someone who is truly happy but with clumsy and awkward communication skills expresses herself.

Why do people think Derek is unhappy with her or that either/both have buyers remorse over their marriage?

Not being snarky at all - genuinely curious for a while and thought I'd be able to figure it out by context but I haven't yet.

I wrote this in response to a similar question:

There’s a general feeling that Jill’s unhappy. Sam’s birth seems to have had complications that were never explained publicly. I think they did say she had a C-section. So they probably will not be able to have a very large family. Meanwhile, they apparently were fired from both their missionary work and appearing on Counting On. Then Derick spent a year getting a certificate in ministry from Cross Church, but he doesn’t seem to plan to go into ministry. Now he’s in law school and everyone’s wondering how he’s paying for that.

Since they returned to the US, both Jill and Derick have posted a lot on social media. Jill’s is always awkward and frequently gives us something to criticize about her. Derick was being a jerk on Twitter, most notably in criticizing TLC for its show about transgender teen Jazz Jennings. People are criticizing him directly on Twitter, and he can’t resist responding. [This hasn’t happened much lately.] He even said he might write a book with his side of the story. Jim Bob definitely doesn’t want that to happen, so there’s a theory that Derick is essentially blackmailing his in-laws to support his professional student lifestyle.

We speculate about their marriage because they both seem lost and unhappy, but it’s not clear that they’re unhappy with each other. There hasn’t been any public conflict.

5 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

New recipe from Jill

Hide contents

0F3A2891-1C83-4FCC-B874-AF4C0F17B2CC.thumb.png.cee6049a2bb8cbf51be10aa8a12e9d4a.png

I need to get a life

I think I made something similar in the '70s. In a crockpot.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I am trying to recall the last time I saw JimBoob and Jill together. Jill had Michelle over on Michelle's birthday, but no JimBoob. I am wondering if JB is shunning Jill? Just a feeling I have, based on the lack of seeing them together (at least, from what we're allowed to see on social media/TLC). If JB and Derick *have* had a falling-out, I can see JB "punishing" Jill by not speaking to her; I can also see Derick forbidding her from seeing JB.

I have a slightly different take on it.  I suspect Derick doesn't want Jill seeing JB and that he's clearly unhappy/critical/cranky when she does.  If so, I can see JB trying to keep a distance to protect Jill.

11 minutes ago, Kailash said:

I sit where I want to sit.

I think you should go pilgrim and tell the hostess you need to stand behind your husband while he eats and then you'll eat yours in the kitchen once he's finished.  :pb_lol:

• (And no, I don't know if the pilgrims did this - I know some fundy group from the past did it and I don't feel well so don't persecute me over my lack of subservient historical dining knowledge.)

I am again amazed that she is able to get 2 toddlers to eat that food. It looks like slop, very unappetizing colour and texture. There is no way my kids would put that in their mouth, even if I put Lindor chocolate balls on top.

I find it hard to have a conversation when sitting side by side so that’s why I always pass on bar seating. But with these two, maybe they just sit there in silence imagining a different life.

1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

I think it's an interracial thing, especially with more unusual racial pairings.  I get this sort of reaction frequently when out with spouse.  A colleague of mine is Chinese and has a white wife.  He gets a lot of strange reactions too.

I can’t say we are the most unusual pairing. He’s Indian. I’m white. Besides the split check thing, it works in our favor most of the time at our regular places. People remember us, we always get good service, and they remember our usual orders.  I even had the waiter at our most frequent restaurant say hi to me in the grocery store. My friend that is married to a very dark black man says they always get seated in the back and are not treated well when they go out.  

35 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

I am again amazed that she is able to get 2 toddlers to eat that food. It looks like slop, very unappetizing colour and texture. There is no way my kids would put that in their mouth, even if I put Lindor chocolate balls on top.

I find it hard to have a conversation when sitting side by side so that’s why I always pass on bar seating. But with these two, maybe they just sit there in silence imagining a different life.

I’m now imagining melting balls of chocolate on top of that and I think you found a way to make it worse. :puke-left:

we rarely, if ever, sit next to each other when we go out to eat. In the car, yes. In bed, yes. Everywhere else, pretty much no. 

That whatever it is pictured above looks like cat gak

1 hour ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

New recipe from Jill

Hide contents

0F3A2891-1C83-4FCC-B874-AF4C0F17B2CC.thumb.png.cee6049a2bb8cbf51be10aa8a12e9d4a.png

I need to get a life

Did you see the recipe for onion dip?  Who on earth posts that as if it is a difficult or unique idea? 

22 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Did you see the recipe for onion dip?  Who on earth posts that as if it is a difficult or unique idea? 

Was the onion dip recipe the one that used to be -and maybe still is- on the boxed  French Onion Soup powder?

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

I have a slightly different take on it.  I suspect Derick doesn't want Jill seeing JB and that he's clearly unhappy/critical/cranky when she does.  If so, I can see JB trying to keep a distance to protect Jill.

If so, I can see Jill cutting back on her visits to her parent's house, to avoid any unpleasant pouting by Dwreck afterward. 

I do think there is some kind of tension between Dwreck and JB.  Not sure how it plays out, but I don't think they are living in Duggar-owned housing.  JB cannot admit his prospective husband hunting skills are sub par, so it must grind on him to see Dwreck not for the acceptable company line.

Maybe that wouldn’t be a bad thing for Mr. Snaps and me. Unless we are regulars someplace we almost always get handed separate checks. I sometime wonder if it is something all interracial couples deal with or it is just because neither of us is very touchy. 

Interracial couple (black man/white women) here but I don’t think we ever encountered being handed two separate checks expect when we have asked for it. But have to admit that I only just started to notice the difference in some ways relatively recent.

5 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

I'm wearing loose yoga pants, a tshirt, pull over fleece and sneakers with my hair that desperately needs a good wash thrown up in a ponytail. To my son's hockey game. In public. 

I've also been moving all day and trying to juggle my kiddos. Nobody is perfect every day. Not snarking on how she's dressed.

we forgive you only if we can see a picture of said pony tale and the ice rink 

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Was the onion dip recipe the one that used to be -and maybe still is- on the boxed  French Onion Soup powder?

Yup. I’m surprised she didn’t tell us you have to open box first before opening the little packets. 

Next she will channel Teri and make a note about removing the wax paper from  the cheese slices

2 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Yup. I’m surprised she didn’t tell us you have to open box first before opening the little packets. 

Next she will channel Teri and make a note about removing the wax paper from  the cheese slices

see i read in between the lines and i read you do have to open the box with a knife 

56 minutes ago, klabourdeth said:

Interracial couple (black man/white women) here but I don’t think we ever encountered being handed two separate checks expect when we have asked for it. But have to admit that I only just started to notice the difference in some ways relatively recent.

My spouse is Asian. (He also looks younger than me which doesnt help.) AMWF isn't super common where I live tho.

At the airport, customs people always assume we're traveling separately.  At restaurants, they always ask if we want separate cheques.  At work, security once asked if Spouse was my student.  At the bank, he referred to "my wife" (I was like 2 metres away) and the clerk called over some poor random Asian gal across the room.  

People have ingrained expectations.  That said, I've never had a bad reaction once people know my spouse is Asian.  Canada's cities are very Chinese and there's a lot of AFWM couples so I don't think anyone cares much.

1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

My spouse is Asian. (He also looks younger than me which doesnt help.) AMWF isn't super common where I live tho.

At the airport, customs people always assume we're traveling separately.  At restaurants, they always ask if we want separate cheques.  At work, security once asked if Spouse was my student.  At the bank, he referred to "my wife" (I was like 2 metres away) and the clerk called over some poor random Asian gal across the room.  

People have ingrained expectations.  That said, I've never had a bad reaction once people know my spouse is Asian.  Canada's cities are very Chinese and there's a lot of AFWM couples so I don't think anyone cares much.

My sister is white and her husband Asian. They were once traveling through the middle of Pennsylvania and stopped at a little diner. While my sister went to the bathroom, my brother-in-law sat in the booth with my niece who was under a year old. A woman walked up to him  and said "Oh, a little Oriental baby, I want one of those". Creepy.

To add to the creepy and raise to to fucking racist crazy, the place had a small gift shop and was selling Aunt Jemima cookie jars.  So many kinds of wrong.

@nst I would but I ditched the ponytail and the fleece as soon as we got home around 6pm. I had dinner made by Hubby (baked bbq chicken and mashed potatoes, tasty but no selfie!) then proceeded to fall asleep with my head in his lap while he watched Spiderman. I don't think you want a selfie of me half buried under a blanket in the circle chair watching Kung Fu Panda 3!  ?

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived