IGNORED

Dillards 69 : Write Your Own Joke Here

HerNameIsBuffy

14 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Maybe Derick doesn't want her to.  I'm starting to think of her as a child of a divorced/separated couple.  The relationship really began between JB and Derick, and I think they put a ring on it with Jill.  Now there are little children involved and the honeymoon seems to be long over.  I suspect Derick is getting - or trying to get - some distance from Duggar life (as well as a new career option) via law school, and JB is paying the bills.  Jill seems to want everything to look and be nice, which I can understand.  I don't think that she and Derick are especially compatible though, nor do I think that JB and Derick are going to get their old feeling back.

I know I'm the annoying person who comes in halfway through a movie and wants someone to catch them up on the plot ... so apologizes in advance for being that annoying friend but ...

I don't follow them except here and haven't watched the show in years ... it's an oft expressed sentiment around here that the honeymoon is over and they don't seem happy with each other.  Where is that stemming from?

I see her posts as overstatements which sometimes read as she's trying to convince herself life is awesome, but could also be how someone who is truly happy but with clumsy and awkward communication skills expresses herself.

Why do people think Derek is unhappy with her or that either/both have buyers remorse over their marriage?

Not being snarky at all - genuinely curious for a while and thought I'd be able to figure it out by context but I haven't yet.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

To answer your questions with questions:

1. Gift cards or grifting for the win? :dance:

2. Its fall and she’s cold?

3. Is there a reason you’re assuming she didn’t? She looks fine to me.

Hi @VelociRapture  I just think that mustard sweater really gets around , it must be really comfortable.

Her hair looks greasy and heavy to me, which is fine, I have those days also, but I don’t post it on social media.

Eh, no matter who it is, you look like a stage 5 clinger when you sit on the same side of a booth with no one across from you.

8 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Hi @VelociRapture  I just think that mustard sweater really gets around , it must be really comfortable.

Her hair looks greasy and heavy to me, which is fine, I have those days also, but I don’t post it on social media.

I thought her hair looked fine, as did the rest of her.  Not sure what you're seeing.

And I have more cardigans in my closet than I care to admit, several in that style and they are very comfortable.

I don't understand snarking on both spending money going out to eat and the fact that she re-wears clothing she owns like everyone who isn't on a tv show.  If she had a new outfit for every photograph that would be far more odd to me.

52 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

There is no reason to believe that was an issue at all.

They were allowed visitors on those days, which I think is stupid but whatever ... it's a thing the professor allowed.  I highly doubt they would put classes online just for Jill because they didn't want her in class.  They'd have just killed visitors days if that was the issue, the idea of a professor providing her a way to be with him online is unthinkable to me.

I never said they put it online just for Jill.

And she visited on multiple occasions, not only  on visitor days.

Maybe people who sit at the same side of the table just wanna eat their food quickly and get out of there with minimal conversation, or maybe they wanna sit like that to more easily out their arm around their partner, caress their partner. 

On my list of things that are weird, this is probably like, number 1000. 

Just do it. 

4 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

I never said they put it online just for Jill.

And she visited on multiple occasions, not only  on visitor days.

Sorry I misread your post.  I thought you were implying they put it online for her due to her visits being disruptive.

OFFS everyone wears that damn sweater and maybe someone should put it out of its misery.   2 kids no job how can they afford to eat out so much.  This is a snark site, I’m  snarking.

On 11/15/2018 at 8:25 AM, OyToTheVey said:

I see it with people I know IRL too. On Instagram and facebook they rant and rave how much they love their husbands and best blah blah blah ever. But since I know them IRL I know the behind the scenes. It always seems like the ones who post best whatever are the ones overcompensating the most. I've even witnessed it first hand, my small group of girl friends try to get together for brunch once a month to catch up. Unlimited drinks and girl talk, good for the soul. We used to have this girl in our group who would post the most outrageous best brunch ever IG stories. Meanwhile she's sitting next to me on her phone almost never saying a word and not an actual participating brunch member. 

I think the reason people are more accepting of Jessa or Jinger is because they don't actually claim to be the best or have the best hubby. Jill is just too much to handle. 

Yep, that was my now ex-husband and I as our marriage failed. "What a great day thanks to my amazing wife" after I took him to drive super Cars (he said he always wanted to drive a Lamborghini so I made it happen). Or, after calling me a cunt and a bitch all the way to birthday dinner with my family he bought me cupcakes so I was all "birthday cupcakes from the best husband ever". Feels stupid when you look back, but when you're so far in denial that anything is wrong or you know there's a problem but you can't fix it.... No one wants anyone else to know that their relationship is failing right. So every time I see Jill's posts on IG I'm reminded of my own marriage and I can't help but feel bad for her. 

32 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Why not? I mean, she looks normal. Like she didn't just come from the hairdresser. People are always lamenting the fact that social media creates illusions about other people's perfect lives, but someone posts a photo with their hair not blow-dried to perfection and it's not okay? Honestly, she has two little kids and I'm fairly certain Derick isn't shouldering much of the load. I think she can be forgiven for not having the Kate Middleton treatment before she dares post a selfie.

33 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Eh, no matter who it is, you look like a stage 5 clinger when you sit on the same side of a booth with no one across from you.

Maybe that wouldn’t be a bad thing for Mr. Snaps and me. Unless we are regulars someplace we almost always get handed separate checks. I sometime wonder if it is something all interracial couples deal with or it is just because neither of us is very touchy. 

12 minutes ago, Alachantal said:

Yep, that was my now ex-husband and I as our marriage failed. "What a great day thanks to my amazing wife" after I took him to drive super Cars (he said he always wanted to drive a Lamborghini so I made it happen). Or, after calling me a cunt and a bitch all the way to birthday dinner with my family he bought me cupcakes so I was all "birthday cupcakes from the best husband ever". Feels stupid when you look back, but when you're so far in denial that anything is wrong or you know there's a problem but you can't fix it.... No one wants anyone else to know that their relationship is failing right. So every time I see Jill's posts on IG I'm reminded of my own marriage and I can't help but feel bad for her. 

Hey, you might already know this, but I just want to remind you or validate you in that you don’t have to feel stupid because this is absolutely abuse. Victims are not stupid for being manipulated by abusers into feeling guilty or shame. It’s what abusers want. Abusers are opportunistic and seek out victims. You are NOT at fault for this. 

I’m so glad to hear he is your ex husband. 

@HerNameIsBuffy

-The classic idea that Jill is overcompensating by trying too hard on social media. (like normal couple) all the best hubby ever type stuff. 

-Derick is in some greater sense unsatisified with his life. The general thinking is that he isn’t an engaged dad, which is what we “think” Jill wanted. The videos of him with kids don’t show it. And now he’s in pursuit of career 3 which is a super busy path leaving minimal time for family building

-His public lashouts at TLC could indicate discord with her family and hurt their bond.

- The videos of them in general on date nights and such are just awkward.

They have overall given most of us a feeling of trying too hard. But you are correct, that does not equate with on the rocks.

I too think both are lonely and awkard and possibly not meant to be. But if that’s so, I think they are still quite far from that. They just seem to be realizing life isn’t what they first had planned and it’s walloping them.

29 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

This is a snark site, I’m  snarking.

I am very familiar with what kind of site this is, thanks though.

It's also a site where if you post something BEC or that doesn't make sense others can comment on that.  That's how it works.

The fact that these two idiots will inconvenience a hostess if they get seated at a two top is extra ridiculous. All for the name of sitting side by side. Is she afraid Wreck is going to run away from her if she's not attached?

I'd admit that occasionally my boyfriend and I are guilty of this grave sin. But we really mostly tend to do it when we're getting drinks, not food. Nothing like sipping a way-too-expensive-but-goddamn-delicious fancy cocktail while snuggling with your headship. 

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't follow them except here and haven't watched the show in years ... it's an oft expressed sentiment around here that the honeymoon is over and they don't seem happy with each other.  Where is that stemming from?

I watched a bit of Counting On back when DerJill was still on. While they are identified as the clingiest couple, they also seem beyond awkward.  OfJill would regularly interrupt Jill or correct what she was saying. He seemed impatient with her and often irritated by her contributions to the conversation.  

That's what originally stood out to me.  Their ongoing campaigns online just seem to indicate further unhappiness with life in general -- lashing out at others (OfJill) and trying to prove they are the happiest (Jill). That their behavior is always pretty weird doesn't really help them out image-wise, either. 

1 minute ago, habert said:

@apandaaries is “ofjill” Derick? I’ve never seen that nick name

can we do that with all husbands? OfAnna and OfJessa and OfKendra? Lmao

is it a reference to handmaidens tale?

Yes, OfJill is Dwreck and it is a Handmaid's Tale reference. it's used for Wreck specifically because nothing would infuriate his fame hungry ass more than to be known as Mr. Jill Duggar.

Ofbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabe gets used for Jinger sometimes. 

I'm wearing loose yoga pants, a tshirt, pull over fleece and sneakers with my hair that desperately needs a good wash thrown up in a ponytail. To my son's hockey game. In public. 

I've also been moving all day and trying to juggle my kiddos. Nobody is perfect every day. Not snarking on how she's dressed.

15 minutes ago, habert said:

@apandaaries is “ofjill” Derick? I’ve never seen that nick name

can we do that with all husbands? OfAnna and OfJessa and OfKendra? Lmao

is it a reference to handmaidens tale?

I'm taking royalties for OfIvanka.  Crisp new 20s please. 

1. MrSlytherin and I only sit next to each other in a booth when there are other people with us.

2. Jill looks fine - hair, sweater, and helping Derick with his fork.

3. I am trying to recall the last time I saw JimBoob and Jill together. Jill had Michelle over on Michelle's birthday, but no JimBoob. I am wondering if JB is shunning Jill? Just a feeling I have, based on the lack of seeing them together (at least, from what we're allowed to see on social media/TLC). If JB and Derick *have* had a falling-out, I can see JB "punishing" Jill by not speaking to her; I can also see Derick forbidding her from seeing JB.

13 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I can also see Derick forbidding her from seeing JB.

Speaking as a pathological daddy's girl myself, that would've been the fastest way to get off my bestesthubbyever list.

it's actually an interesting thought experiment - how far do jb and jchelle take the 'obey your headship' thing?

beyond pants or tv, what if a Duggar daughter's headship forbade contact with the family or worse, wanted them to write a real tell-all - bring all the skeletons out of the closet.

we know they expected the girls to sacrifice themselves for the good of the family and smugger for their ' beliefs ', but would those same beliefs hold if it would hurt the family's bottom line?

I doubt it.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived