IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 12: Usual Duggar Social Media and Drift

HerNameIsBuffy

18 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Josiah and Lauren would be surprised at this thread drift of they ever read here.

I wonder how much fundie women talk openly about periods, female hygiene products and the such. I hope at least between ladies (I am sure men would not be involved in that discussion) they can share without shame.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh also, for those wanting to try cups but worried about insertion and things, a drop of water-based lube around the rim will do wonders for you! When first starting out, you may fumble with insertion and it's slow and uncomfortable and that first push through the vaginal opening always hurt me a bit. Now that I can insert quickly, I have no problems, but definitely something to consider as you transition to the cup. (Make sure it's water based.) 

4 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

I wonder how much fundie women talk openly about periods, female hygiene products and the such. I hope at least between ladies (I am sure men would not be involved in that discussion) they can share without shame.

If you think about it, Michelle and Kelly didn’t really use many feminine hygiene products-

12 hours ago, theotherelise said:

My biggest problem with tampons and the cup at first was the end getting caught up painfully on the entrance of my vagina (not sure what this part is called, but I've got an extra bit of skin right inside the vaginal opening). I ended up cutting off the entire tail of the diva cup. It has made all the difference. 

So my big tip is to not be afraid to alter the directions to suit yourself. They say to insert it straight back toward your tailbone, but that doesn't work for me based on where my cervix is. They say not to completely cut off the tail, but like, what do I need it for? The thing isn't going to get lost up there?! 

I flipped my inside out. I have a few different brands and 3 out of the 4 work better for my inside out. They don't poke at all and they pop open easier. One (can't remember the brand) doesn't open well when it is inside out so on that one I trimmed the stem completely smooth. 

11 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I like tampons and have no interest in trying the cup, but different strokes for different folks! As long as everyone has a comfortable option to get through Auntie Flo ?

I totally agree that everyone should use what they feel most comfortable with. I did like tampons well enough for a lot of years but at some point they just became uncomfortable, kind of an itchy feeling. Perhaps and allergy of some type?

14 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

I totally agree that everyone should use what they feel most comfortable with. I did like tampons well enough for a lot of years but at some point they just became uncomfortable, kind of an itchy feeling. Perhaps and allergy of some type?

Sounds like it. Have you tried multiple brands? 

On 1/23/2019 at 8:15 AM, ViolaSebastian said:

I once went to a (male!) OBGYN instead of my usual female one, and he put me on birth control that I take continuously. I only have three or four periods a year. It's been a God-send, because my mental health and back pain gets worse if I'm PMSing. I just recently had one and I was super crabby and had a lower backache a week before and I couldn't figure out why--it was glorious to realize I was avoiding that misery monthly. 

That said, I'd like to buy a cup, but I'm nervous about insertion. I also have no idea if I have a high or low cervix--I suppose I could ask my OBGYN at my next visit.

If you're comfortable doing it, just check with your fingers during your period (since that's when you'll probably have the cup in the most and the cervix shifts over your cycle). Feel around till you find the cervix, note how far up your finger goes, measure finger. Most brands you can find length and width measurements for online with a little hunting; I spent a lot of time on the livejournal menstrual_cups community, and they have measurements for many different brands and users who'll probably be willing to measure theirs if you ask.

Insertion and removal are tricky the first couple of times, but practice usually helps.

Saw this on IG.   Not quite caught up on the thread yet. Disregard if already discussed.

3C55E597-95BE-42CD-8171-D7A0518CBF17.jpeg

Interesting that they are renting a place and seem to have enough money for at least a two bedroom flat. I wonder what Josiah does for work, did we have any confirmation on that? 

Well, that's an unexpected step out from Dads thumb. I didnt expect that  from them. And they decorated a guest room not a baby room. Surprises all around from those two.

Not sure about a job, hopefully its something that can support them. 

1 hour ago, DillyDally said:

Interesting that they are renting a place and seem to have enough money for at least a two bedroom flat. I wonder what Josiah does for work, did we have any confirmation on that? 

I don't think we know. Probably the car lot or doing work on JB's properties. 

8 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't think we know. Probably the car lot or doing work on JB's properties. 

It is interesting. With all those many, many properties, I’m sure there’s plenty of work for all the grown kids. 

. Didnt he want to be a bookkeeper or something as a kid? It really surprises me they don’t have the various offspring specializing more - they could certainly use a lawyer ( although I personally think that’s why Derrick is in law school ), accountant, admin person, real estate agent, butcher, Baker, candlestick maker, media coordinator, as well as landscapers, handymen, construction workers.....If they were a private company with that many properties and businesses they would certainly have a variety of jobs. Maybe they do this to some extent and we just don’t know. 

Plus, of course, he’s a regular cast member on a television series living in a very inexpensive area - that’s definitely a source of income.

I think he said he was working in the family real estate business, which likely owns the property where they live. I suspect the scene where they were going to move into the insanely big house was staged.

I still can’t believe we don’t have a better idea of what joe and Josiah (and Ben for that matter) do with their days. For a tv show that’s just about their lives, we know almost nothing about what they do  with a significant chunk of their lives. I don’t think there’s anything particularly embarrassing about working in family businesses, if that’s what they’re doing, so why don’t they show it? We see the bates boys working in the family business all the time - not sure why the duggars are so mysterious about it. 

And yes I totally agree with whoever suggested they’re “renting” a family property (probs for a reduced rate). Nothing wrong with that but if true it certainly isn’t the same level independence implied by simply saying “we’re renting”. 

I think that they all work for JimBob in property management as the family business  It just goes against the humble good old boy act and narrative of buying used, eating cheap cans etc to go into details like the Duggars own 250* plus pieces of real estate.  So they will never let us see the business side like collecting rents, depositing checks etc.   

*I seem to remember that someone claimed this number, I dont have any backup on it.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I think that they all work for JimBob in property management as the family business  It just goes against the humble good old boy act and narrative of buying used, eating cheap cans etc to go into details like the Duggars own 250* plus pieces of real estate.  So they will never let us see the business side like collecting rents, depositing checks etc.   

*I seem to remember that someone claimed this number, I dont have any backup on it.

Imagine having a Duggar as a landlord. I’d put up one of those “Hate has no home here” signs (you know, the ones in English, Spanish, and Arabic) and see how long it takes them to flip out.

I read 'renting' like Jessa & Ben 'rented' from Grandma Mary and Amy 'rented' from Grandma Mary and presumably at the beginning Jill and that idiot 'rented'  

On 1/23/2019 at 12:20 AM, Sky with diamonds said:

Safiya rocks! I love her! 

I tried the cup after watching her video about it. It didn't work for me, because my cycles are extremely heavy. 

Do we have a thread for discussing our favorite You-tubers?

44 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

So menstruation and menopause both suck??? WHEN DO WE CATCH A BREAK??

I guess it all goes downhill from the onset of puberty.

I'm intruiged by those German cups that somebody mentioned earlier that are designed for athletic women. I tried the Keeper when it first came out, but it didn't work with my athletic lifestyle. I've actually pushed a tampon out of my body while teaching an advanced pole class. I'm not sure when/how it happened, but my semi used tampon was spotted on the changeroom floor by a student after class (talk about embarassing!).

My usual brand is OB, but my period started early this month while travelling, and the nearest drugstore didn't have them. The Playtex Sport tampons I bought are pretty comfortable. Tampax is horrible. My mom always bought them when I was a teen. The way they expand is always uncomfortable and leaky for me.

12 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

^^ I guess it all goes downhill from the onset of puberty.

I'm intruiged by those German cups somebody mentioned earlier that are designed for athletic woman. I tried The Keeper years ago when it came out, but found it didn't suit my active lifestyle. I've also had the experience of my body pushing a tampon out after teaching a physically demanding class. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, I just remember a student finding my partially used tampon lying on the floor of the changeroom (talk about embarassing!). I generally use OB tampons, but my period came early this month while I was travelling, and thenearest  drugstore didn't carry them. I bought some Playtex Sport, and they're pretty comfortable. I'll NEVER use Tampax again. Those were the kind my mom used to buy. They expand in a way that doesn't work for my body and are always leaky/uncomfortable.

I work out a lot, and strangely enough, usually prefer pads for those times, unless I'm swimming (obviously) or wearing a leotard. 

I think my muscles are weird and the tampons just push on something inside me strangely and can be uncomfortable while moving around. Also, I already have some uh, urination urgency issues, and tampons seem to make that worse (see weird muscle problems above). I'm just more likely to go with full length black leggings during that time of the month. 

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

So menstruation and menopause both suck??? WHEN DO WE CATCH A BREAK??

i would gladly get my period every week then go through with this lovely peri  menopause

honestly 

hands down truth 

anxiety and mood is beyond awful compared to blood

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I guess it all goes downhill from the onset of puberty.

i still have in my bathroom cupboard 3 full packages of always pads :D

So glad they did not choose Jim Bob's favorite push-it-off-on-the-kids  house. The commercial elevator alone would have been enough to send me running. Smart decision.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived