IGNORED

John David and Abbie 5: Pancakes with a Side of Wedding

HerNameIsBuffy

11 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Michelle is a freak of nature (and she knows it). She’s a hyperovulator, causing fraternal twins as well as more frequent conceptions, and she also can conceive while she’s breastfeeding, unlike most women. A two-year gap between babies is more common for women who don’t use birth control and do breastfeed, especially if they’re over 25. So for Abbie’s roughly 14 years of fertility, that’s about seven babies.

I realize that, like I said in the last sentence, I'm just saying that her age isn't as huge a factor as some people are making it out to be. For most women the difference in number of children between marrying at 26 and marrying a few years younger would be even smaller than it would have been for Michelle!

Most women in general are unlikely to have a lot of children even if they start young. It seems weird to me to talk about Abbie "only" being able to have around 7 children like it's her age that's the main factor instead of the fact that most women aren't as fertile as Michelle.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure how much of Michelle's fecundity comes down to her being a freak of nature and how much of it comes down to her and Jim Bob VERY actively and constantly trying for more babies. She's obviously a very fertile woman, but lots of women in the past would have 12-18 children. Something tells me that some of the second gen Duggars just aren't actively trying for as many babies as possible like she and Jim Bob were, and that can make an enormous difference.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

I'm not sure how much of Michelle's fecundity comes down to her being a freak of nature and how much of it comes down to her and Jim Bob VERY actively and constantly trying for more babies. She's obviously a very fertile woman, but lots of women in the past would have 12-18 children. Something tells me that some of the second gen Duggars just aren't actively trying for as many babies as possible like she and Jim Bob were, and that can make an enormous difference.

That's true too. For all the talk about leaving it up to God, they very intentionally tried to have as many babies as possible.

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Absolutely it's both.  I will never believe she and JB left it up to God, if she wasn't tracking her ovulation I'll eat my hat.

So yes, it's her being very fertile and receptive combined with making sure there was always viable sperm flooding the waiting room when her egg ambled in that got her to 19 kids and counting.

Yeah the actively trying thing is definitely a factor. We knew Michelle and the girls were consistently tracking Michelle's cycles and while their party line is as many as God gives them, they were deliberately hitting the right times of the month like those who are TTC do. And since the kidults do know how that works, they could be using a little NFP. Sadly I predict a baby announcement from Jabbie in the next 90 days.

15 minutes ago, freedomfromfrumpers said:

I do not think Josh would be a groomsman.  I think it would be a bad look.

Josh was a groomsman in Joe's wedding. So I wouldn't be shocked if he were included. Remember that Joe was the one who cried during the Counting On Josh Scandal series. So you would think, he would be the one to leave Josh out. But perhaps Josh wasn't a groomsman

All responses to the stuff about how moderation works and about telling people what not to post and such have been moved to a thread in community discussion where it can be discussed without disruption.

Carry on discussing weddings with milk containers, Michelle's super uterus, or whatever else strikes your fancy here.

9 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Yeah the actively trying thing is definitely a factor. We knew Michelle and the girls were consistently tracking Michelle's cycles and while their party line is as many as God gives them, they were deliberately hitting the right times of the month like those who are TTC do. And since the kidults do know how that works, they could be using a little NFP. Sadly I predict a baby announcement from Jabbie in the next 90 days.

I don't think I'll ever wrap my head around them having mom's fertility calendar in the kitchen. Ever! Omg.  But, yes, Michelle actively always tried. All babies weened at 3 (or was it 6 mo old?) solely to procreate again.  "Giving" BF up soley for that purpose is very telling.  Not really leaving it up to God. *In the wild* babies nurse for a year, at least. We now have a safer option in formula but that wasn't always the case and fundies seem to love them some old timey way of life so, I find this confusing, and BS. 

14 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

It’s not sad. They’re married and employed adults, and if they want to start a family, that’s fine. If she announces #8 while doing a crappy job of homeschooling #1-4, that will be sad. 

14 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Josh was a groomsman in Joe's wedding. So I wouldn't be shocked if he were included. Remember that Joe was the one who cried during the Counting On Josh Scandal series. So you would think, he would be the one to leave Josh out. But perhaps Josh wasn't a groomsman

I understand JB and Michelle wanting forgiveness and denial at the time but I don't understand the other siblings not shunning him completely.  I just don't understand the dynamics in this family.

1 minute ago, Beermeet said:

"Giving" BF up soley for that purpose is very telling. 

Read this several times before I figured out you meant "breast feeding."  I was trying to figure out why no one told me Michelle had a boyfriend during her back to back pregnancies!

23 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Absolutely it's both.  I will never believe she and JB left it up to God, if she wasn't tracking her ovulation I'll eat my hat.

So yes, it's her being very fertile and receptive combined with making sure there was always viable sperm flooding the waiting room when her egg ambled in that got her to 19 kids and counting.

I just got the weirdest mental picture at reading that.  Like there were those stiff plastic chairs and crappy magazines in her uterus.  Do you think Highlights magazine would be banned in their family?

My number one ?- did any other adult Duggar *cough* Jana, bring a special friend to the wedding? Did anyone get engaged or announce an engagement at the wedding??

4 minutes ago, Snowless said:

I just got the weirdest mental picture at reading that.  Like there were those stiff plastic chairs and crappy magazines in her uterus.  Do you think Highlights magazine would be banned in their family?

Banned.  They've have allowed Gallant...but Goofus would have been seen as far too worldly and rebellious for innocent children to be exposed to.

7 hours ago, Fjrocks said:

@Palimpsest is well known because she knows more of the history then any of us.

Er, thanks, I think.  Although my memory is not infallible it is pretty good.  And I have been around for far too long, but so have quite a few others.

I'm also well known because I tend to speak my mind and not wrap things up in cotton wool and put a pretty bow on top.  I expect posters on FJ to have their big girl panties on.

So, speaking my mind and not having read this thread or the previous one in detail:  I have seen many "insiders" come and go.  Some of them take great personal risks by giving us information and are careful about how they do it.  Some of them have my great admiration.  Some of them have had repercussions - far more serious than just being knocked off a wedding invitation list.

But some of them have us holding our noses in distaste as they spill the beans (often inaccurate beans) out of sheer malice.  Think Meghan Markle's half-sister spilling crap to gossip mags.

And - at the risk of dead parrots  - it is time for a PSA, I think. 

Don't believe everything you read on the internet!  Quite aside from Ruth (Our Lady of Many Identities), Burris (the fake war criminal), and sundry other fake Bates or Duggar insiders like @Bye Bye Birdie and @19dageld ...

If you all want to squee over an "insider" (with non-verifiable gossip)  - then do so.  

But please don't get annoyed by people who question their veracity or motives.  Those of us who do that are trying to protect you from misinformation, emotional vampires, and scammers.   

That said, I have no opinion on this latest "insider" except to say that their info could have been gleaned from Pickles or stalking various instagram accounts.  But I didn't pay much attention to their posts because they were not a verified insider.

Genuine insiders can get verified by FJ.  The real ones have no problem in doing that. 

@FrozenSmile, if you want to claim insider status then contact an Admin or Helpmeet.  Your identity will always be kept confidential.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I have a really good friend who wanted 7 kids (in her words, a circus to entertain). She married a man who is very religious and gave up her lucrative career to be at home FT. She had 3 kids in the first 3.5 years of marriage. She waited a couple of years and had 1 more before proclaiming, "4 kids is a lot of kids." Her last and final child, #4, is in college. LOL

my friend who i saw DD with in Montreal - has five kids - doesn't work outside the home and the last set were twins 

they all range from the 12 year old twins, to 15,16 and 18 and they live in maybe 1600 sq ft.  And she said she would have wanted one more but no more space. 

And she works like a dog with cooking and laundry 

as for the wedding. saw the video and they are them. 

and yes Jessa dresses like a 70 year old 

and that is coming from me. 

Maybe she is trying to cover up because Ben only sees the good stuff 

so no news about Ben's biceps :D

14 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

I don't think I'll ever wrap my head around them having mom's fertility calendar in the kitchen. Ever! Omg.  But, yes, Michelle actively always tried. All babies weened at 3 (or was it 6 mo old?) solely to procreate again.  "Giving" BF up soley for that purpose is very telling.  Not really leaving it up to God. *In the wild* babies nurse for a year, at least. We now have a safer option in formula but that wasn't always the case and fundies seem to love them some old timey way of life so, I find this confusing, and BS. 

She has stated that she didn’t purposefully wean the babies, she got pregnant first, and then weaned - IIRC she said it was a combination of diminished supply and the baby not liking the taste. Both very, very common. It seems she just fairly consistently had an fast  return to ovulation after giving birth.

I’m not 100% sure- but I think the girls tracking her ovulation cycle was from a Kid’s Farm (satire) episode. 

7 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Quite aside from Ruth (Our Lady of Many Identities), Burris (the fake war criminal)

How weird is it that the most innocuous Duggar has caused @Palimpsest to invoke the names of Ruth and Burris.

(Don't anyone else say their names because she did, now I just did...a third time summons them from their circles of hell.)

1 minute ago, Mama Mia said:

I’m not 100% sure- but I think the girls tracking her ovulation cycle was from a Kid’s Farm (satire) episode. 

No. I never watched Kid Farm, but I remember a talking head with Michelle where one of the older girls, I forget which one, told her she was late and asked her to take a test. It might have been with Jordyn? I'm not certain. I remember being horrified. 

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

How weird is it that the most innocuous Duggar has caused @Palimpsest to invoke the names of Ruth and Burris.

In my own defense - not the most innocuous Duggar but the latest "insider." ;)

From what I’ve seen, UK weddings are often looooonnnnnggggggg affairs. I googled “how long is a wedding”, and one site provided an example timeline... ceremony start to evening reception end was eleven hours. 

Spoiler

9143D38E-E457-4787-BEC2-0087964EB7E6.thumb.png.5ad371349f6cc6ee57dd90bab146f6a5.png

Of course there are many variations, and they’re not all as long as this!! There is no way I’d be able to people that long, social situations drain me, as someone who’s an introvert and has ASD. 

FWIW I found an example of a wedding day timeline on an American site and ceremony start to reception end was only six hours. Photos also tended to be listed as happening before the ceremony, which makes more sense to me. I’m part of a mostly British forum, and I’ve read stories about people at weddings having to wait for two hours whilst the photos are being done. That sounds utterly tedious to me. But maybe I’m just miserable. 

1 minute ago, Mama Mia said:

She has stated that she didn’t purposefully wean the babies, she got pregnant first, and then weaned - IIRC she said it was a combination of diminished supply and the baby not liking the taste. Both very, very common. It seems she just fairly consistently had an fast  return to ovulation after giving birth.

She may have said that but who wouldn't when trying to look all shiny and hide the reality, as they do. Case in point: the Pearl book recommendation that is now gone.

What I wrote is how I remember it. I'm pretty sure the kitchen calendar was shown and the chances of all babies self weening or her getting pregnant on cue while nursing seems a stretch. But, I'm not @Palimpsest or @VelociRapture, those two know their shit. Correct me if wrong!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived