IGNORED

John David and Abbie 5: Pancakes with a Side of Wedding

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hanger is cute and personal, and it looked very nice, I was disappointed not to see the big D hanging.

Seeing how the daughter-in laws vs the daughters weddings it shows what a fucking tight wad daddy Jim Bucks is.  I still stand by my statements that cake & punch receptions are totally acceptable, as long as guests know ahead of time and the reception isn't during lunch/dinner hours. I've been to several of these and most of them were because the brides family was on a very limited budget. But that isn't the case for the Duggar's, Jill & Jessa didn't have a cake and punch reception, they had a tacky meet and great in a parking lot. Jinger & Joy stepped it up by having actual reception halls with hors d'oeuvres, but their wedding reception fell over dinner hours and should have had a more substantial offerings.  Anna's broke ass parents manged a sit down dinner as did the Caldwell's, Sawnson's & Burnett's. 

I realize Jill & Jessa were married with in months of each other but that is no excuse for the cheep ass parking lot, here's your cake don't get hit by a car on your way out.  Boob appears to be cheap by even fundy standards.  I wonder what others in their circles think of this wealthy man who can't even manage a tent rental for his daughter's November wedding? 

I’m surprised by how many people here are actually offended on @FrozenSmile‘s behalf that she’s being questioned. Just questioned. Not harassed, insulted, or told to leave. Simply met with expressions of mild unease and curiosity about her relationship with the Duggars and her motivation for doing this. 

The fact that @formergothardite of all people is now being accused of being blinded by the Duggars’ shiny exterior and not interested in discussing the dangers of fundamentalism is, pardon my French, fucking absurd. If@FrozenSmile would like to use her insights to actually discuss how terrible the Duggars and their cult are, I’m sure that would be interesting. Let me know if she ever does. So far she seems to be here to compliment them, talk about how grateful she is that they invite her to their weddings, and reap the attention and praise she gets from FJ by dishing on little details about the dress and the happy couple. Don’t accuse the people who are maybe less than starry eyed about that of being leghumpers when we’ve got people jumping to defend her against imaginary attacks so we don’t lose an ‘insider’ who’ll tell us about the Duggars’ pretty dresses.

9 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

She said she's not close to them at all and she's a distantly-related family member.  I don't think that should be held to the same standard as friends. 

She said she has been invited to their house multiple times and wasn't invited to Joy's wedding but was invited to the older daughters' weddings because she hasn't interacted with Joy like she has to older kids. That doesn't seem like some person that is automatically stuck on a huge wedding list and the family doesn't really know. It is someone Joy didn't invite because she doesn't really know who this person is, but someone the others did invite because they do know who she is. 

Who is the person posing with Nathan Bates? I hope she runs far, far, far away. 

FUCK MY COMPUTER UGH,  I'm not beating this dead horse anymore.  But my computer is being STUPIDER than I am this morning. 

Jinger and Jessa at the wedding. Jessa is wearing her brown flats. I don’t mind that she always wears the same pairs of shoes on her day to day life, but I don’t get why she doesn’t have a “special occasion” pair of cute sandals or heels. It’s weird to see her wear the same shoes on special and casual occasions.

C2434BB0-A8A9-41B7-ABC5-7FAFAE264D01.thumb.png.d8576bf5a34a111f252e2f96038012fb.png

On on another note... Miss Renee did the dress, again. Now I’m wondering why she didn’t do Lauren’s 9182ABCF-CF15-4616-A31E-59625DFAF889.thumb.jpeg.597446e216b7fd4dd6c107ae80ae626c.jpeg

18 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I’m surprised by how many people here are actually offended on @FrozenSmile‘s behalf that she’s being questioned. Just questioned. Not harassed, insulted, or told to leave. Simply met with expressions of mild unease and curiosity about her relationship with the Duggars and her motivation for doing this. 

I would never dream of calling @formergothardite a leghumper.  I agree that would be ridiculous. 

Just speaking for myself, though, it seemed pretty weird to see people argue that someone shouldn't post something here because it might upset the Duggars, wedding guest or no wedding guest. 

And now this is officially a dead horse, I think.  I hope we can agree to disagree and still get along. 

14 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Who is the person posing with Nathan Bates? I hope she runs far, far, far away.

I think it's Ashley Sayler's older sister, but I could be wrong.  If it is her, I'm a bit surprised Nathan is smiling so happily standing next to her. 

I have a cousin who also had an Oklahoma airplane hanger reception--over 20 years ago--probably less than 50 miles from Ada. But neither the bride or groom were into planes. It was just the biggest reception space in a very rural county. Alas, it was in the summer and hot as hell.

The only thing I’m really surprised about is the amount of people gushing over JD and Abbie because they’re like totally smart mature people~, when they’ve had the fastest courtship yet. 

1 minute ago, viii said:

The only thing I’m really surprised about is the amount of people gushing over JD and Abbie because they’re like totally smart mature people~, when they’ve had the fastest courtship yet. 

I never say anything about fast courtships/engagements, I was engaged 3 months after meeting my now husband and married 6 months later, it can and does happen a lot. For many people when you know you know and we don't like waiting.  I've been married for 22 years now. 

I'm surprised so many people are gushing that having the reception in a hangar is soo personalized and special to them. Serious question: Have we EVER heard Abby express any enthusiasm for planes? Outside of "I like what my man likes." I mean. 'Cause it seems to me that all this plane stuff (airport proposal, hangar reception, getaway plane, who knows what else there was) is very personlized... to John's tastes. So far, I fail to see Abby's tastes and likes represented at all.

I’m somewhat disappointed her dress is another Ms. Renee. I thought she might go a different direction since they did the wedding in her own turf. But if they get the dresses comped or at a heavy discount if they go with her, I can understand it. It does make me wonder why Lauren chose differently. 

28 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Jinger and Jessa at the wedding. Jessa is wearing her brown flats. I don’t mind that she always wears the same pairs of shoes on her day to day life, but I don’t get why she doesn’t have a “special occasion” pair of cute sandals or heels. It’s weird to see her wear the same shoes on special and casual occasions.

C2434BB0-A8A9-41B7-ABC5-7FAFAE264D01.thumb.png.d8576bf5a34a111f252e2f96038012fb.png

On on another note... Miss Renee did the dress, again. Now I’m wondering why she didn’t do Lauren’s 9182ABCF-CF15-4616-A31E-59625DFAF889.thumb.jpeg.597446e216b7fd4dd6c107ae80ae626c.jpeg

okay things like these always bug me to irrational levels but.... HOW EFFING UNPROFESSIONAL mizz renee can't even spell her client's name correctly on a public forum, the name by which any human being chooses to identify themselves by is JUST COMMON COURTESY ugh bitch

k done now. lol. 

15 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I never say anything about fast courtships/engagements, I was engaged 3 months after meeting my now husband and married 6 months later, it can and does happen a lot. For many people when you know you know and we don't like waiting.  I've been married for 22 years now. 

This comes up fairly often, and my response is always basically the same: of course fast marriages (and young marriages, and arranged marriages...) can and do work, but you and your husband were probably not fundamentalists who had been brainwashed from birth and pressured and shamed into following strict courtship rules which seriously hampered your ability to actually get to know each other in any meaningful way before you tied the knot.

9 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I'm surprised so many people are gushing that having the reception in a hangar is soo personalized and special to them. Serious question: Have we EVER heard Abby express any enthusiasm for planes? Outside of "I like what my man likes." I mean. 'Cause it seems to me that all this plane stuff (hangar reception, getaway plane, who knows what else there was) is very personlized... to John's tastes. So far, I fail to see Abby's tastes and likes represented at all.

The thing is, we don't know what Abbie is into. She could very well be into planes. It's not like she has named 100 interests and hobbies like "ooh I like flowers and owls and painting and fitness" and none of them were planes. She simply hasn't mentioned any, so we can't assume that she is not into planes. 

I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt. Planes are cool, and maybe she is into them. 

So Jinger and Jessa definitely weren't bridesmaids. Good for Abbie for not feeling like she needs to include all of JD's sisters in the wedding party. Still very curious to see pictures of the wedding party!

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

This is why I specifically asked if they knew if she posted here about the wedding here. Here non-answer and her reply led me to believe, that no, they don't know and yes she would get kicked off future guest lists.   @FrozenSmile, can feel free to clear this up. Would the bride and groom be upset if they knew you left the wedding to come here and discuss it? Would you be removed from future guests lists if they find out? Would the Duggars stop inviting you to their home? 

I've been annoying people for years by saying I think it is weird when people who are supposedly friends with fundies jump into a snark board to discuss them knowing that this would upset the very people they are claiming to be friends with in real life. With friends like that the snarkers aren't the people fundies should worry about! 

Oh, I think we should totally discuss how dangerous they are.  Frozen Smiles has maintained they are very nice people in past posts and I didn't even see people calling her out about that, just posters anxious for inside info. I was hardly putting a damper on discussing the dangers of fundamentalism and the patriarchy. 

Well, since i’ve never even spoken one single word to Abbie, her reaction about me would be “Who?” So no, they probably could care less that i’m here. Most of the people in my life gush all over the Duggars & i don’t, so this is a nice outlet, even if i do mostly just lurk. I would call them aquaintances before i’d call them friends. I feel no need to protect them - they are the ones that put their public life on tv - but i also feel that i should show them some respect because they’ve shown it to me. 

And i would love to start talking about how i feel about their cult. But it’s hard to jump in to an established board where everyone seems to know each other.  So, since this is about JD & Abbie’s wedding, let’s talk about how they used the words “submit” & “submission” in the vows. Or how her dad didn’t “give her away”, he “transfered” her. 

Now, can we quit beating the poor horse or do i have to keep defending myself?

2 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

Good luck, with this one. 

Did her father really say transfer? ? ? 

Can you say how big the wedding party was, how many attendants, did she have any of JD's sisters and was Josh in the wedding party? Don't want to add another horse to that pile but I'm nosy AF.  You don't have to answer we'll find out eventually and I can wait, I just don't like too. ?

5 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Don't comb through natural curls. You will look like a literal cloud! I comb mine whilst wet, right after washing, then I scrunch, and leave them, until I wash them next. 

I have naturally curly hair and yes..... never brush through it.

27 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I'm surprised so many people are gushing that having the reception in a hangar is soo personalized and special to them. Serious question: Have we EVER heard Abby express any enthusiasm for planes? Outside of "I like what my man likes." I mean. 'Cause it seems to me that all this plane stuff (airport proposal, hangar reception, getaway plane, who knows what else there was) is very personlized... to John's tastes. So far, I fail to see Abby's tastes and likes represented at all.

Have you ever met a pilot? They’re annoying AF about planes. I am married to one. All his friends are pilots. They literally just talk about planes 24 hours a day. I allow him one plane decoration in our house, the rest he has to keep in his office. I allowed 2 plane things at our wedding and that was it. It’s seriously so annoying. This comes up often in my Pilot Families groups about aviation decorations. My husband at least had the restraint not to suggest more planes for wedding because he thought that’d be too much. It’s also quite simple to find plane/travel decorations but not so much nursing or healthcare (as Abby and I both work in). Like I’m not gonna have a brain diagram at my wedding. It’s an easy theme for airplanes lol

5 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

So, since this is about JD & Abbie’s wedding, let’s talk about how they used the words “submit” & “submission” in the vows. Or how her dad didn’t “give her away”, he “transfered” her. 

@FrozenSmile From the “submit” and “submission” used in the vows, do you expect Abbie to not continue working as a nurse now that she is married? Did they promise to leave the number of children up to God? 

To “give her away” or “transfer” the bride seem kind of similar and old fashioned traditions. 

Which Duggars were in the wedding party, if you care to share?

What was served at the Wedding Breakfast?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

And i would love to start talking about how i feel about their cult. But it’s hard to jump in to an established board where everyone seems to know each other.  So, since this is about JD & Abbie’s wedding, let’s talk about how they used the words “submit” & “submission” in the vows. Or how her dad didn’t “give her away”, he “transfered” her. 

Okay, so talk about that. It’s very relevant and pertinent to the goal of this forum, which is to discuss the dangers of fundamentalism.

Nobody is attacking you, but this is also not a forum where you’ll never have to respond to questions or deal with people who may disagree with you or ask you to explain certain things you post. You’re under no obligation to respond to those questions, but anyone who comes here claiming to have private/inside information will definitely be questioned.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived