IGNORED

There's always womb for one more! Upcoming Babies 12

Bethella

16 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

It has been speculated that it's not only shared with the husband, but with the daddies/families. Remember when the Mortons & Alexanders had a party to pick the date for Martha & Tayte's wedding? It was highly speculated that her cycle was a factor in the decision.

Whether it's known by so many that the family plans the wedding date around it, or the bride herself, or some combination, the number of Morton honeymoon babies gives validity to the thought. Knowing their fertility gives them a good shot at conception on the first try. 

Note, I said it's been speculated, but I honestly do believe the girl's cycle is known when planning the wedding in a very large part of fundieland. With the exception of Cleve & Lise and Dorothy & Noah, every Morton bride has conceived on their honeymoon or very, very shortly afterwards. Yes, when you have sex, you can get pregnant. But, their timing is pretty precise to have left it entirely up to chance.

The difference with fundies tracking their cycles and non fundies - fundies do it so they can conceive. Non fundies do it so they can try to prevent conception. 

Noah and Darth had their first shortly after their first anniversary - it took maybe two or three months? I can't remember the exact dates. So not particularly long either. 

ETA: 13 months after marriage for Darth and Noah, the longest for any. Cleve and Lise is 9 months after their wedding Dec. '11 to Sept '12

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, fundiefan said:

It has been speculated that it's not only shared with the husband, but with the daddies/families. Remember when the Mortons & Alexanders had a party to pick the date for Martha & Tayte's wedding? It was highly speculated that her cycle was a factor in the decision.

Whether it's known by so many that the family plans the wedding date around it, or the bride herself, or some combination, the number of Morton honeymoon babies gives validity to the thought. Knowing their fertility gives them a good shot at conception on the first try. 

Note, I said it's been speculated, but I honestly do believe the girl's cycle is known when planning the wedding in a very large part of fundieland. With the exception of Cleve & Lise and Dorothy & Noah, every Morton bride has conceived on their honeymoon or very, very shortly afterwards. Yes, when you have sex, you can get pregnant. But, their timing is pretty precise to have left it entirely up to chance.

The difference with fundies tracking their cycles and non fundies - fundies do it so they can conceive. Non fundies do it so they can try to prevent conception. 

I think you may be right, it makes perfect sense.  So many of them seem to get pregnant so fast.  With the way that women are basically considered property and baby machines, it really wouldn't surprise me that everybody else would know her cycle and make her decisions for her.

I've said this in other threads but while I do think most brides would delighted to be blessed by the Lord with a  honeymoon baby, it also could be that they are trying to avoid having their period on the big day. In order to plan that, they will probably want to aim in the middle of their cycle, in case their (unbc-controlled) period comes slightly early or late. And that's put them...right during peak ovulation/fertility time. While it may be intentional, I actually give fundies the benefit of the doubt on this one for primary planning reasons.

49 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

Rachel and Joe Beasley had their third in 3 years, William Thomas on Thursday.

Speaking of the Beasleys, does anyone know how many kids Abby and Caleb Beasley have now? They too were reproducing at breakneck speed years ago.

10 minutes ago, darkplumaged said:

Speaking of the Beasleys, does anyone know how many kids Abby and Caleb Beasley have now? They too were reproducing at breakneck speed years ago.

They had 5 in 5 years, then seemed to have stopped (admittedly I don't follow them so I could be missing recent kids)

1. Elise Ana b. July 2008
  2. Yelena Joy b. November 2009
  3. Edmund Nathanael b. December 2010
  4. Hudson Warrick  b. February 2012
  5. boy, b. July 2013

19 minutes ago, Bethella said:

They had 5 in 5 years, then seemed to have stopped (admittedly I don't follow them so I could be missing recent kids)

5. boy, b. July 2013

When the Bradricks had 6 in rapid succession and then suddenly stopped, it was a sign of the impending divorce. I’m not saying these people are divorcing. But in fundie land, a sudden stop is probably not a good sign. Either they are using some form of birth control or there’s a problem. 

28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When the Bradricks had 6 in rapid succession and then suddenly stopped, it was a sign of the impending divorce. I’m not saying these people are divorcing. But in fundie land, a sudden stop is probably not a good sign. Either they are using some form of birth control or there’s a problem. 

I can see several scenarios for stopping suddenly:

• marital issues
  • medical issues (including secondary infertility)
  • they realized they reached their limit and stopped
  • they went quiet on social media and we've just missed the birth announcements 

On 12/12/2018 at 6:55 PM, Briefly said:

At least they seem to be concerned with medical care, unlike so many fundies seem to be.  I hope everything goes well for her and that the baby is healthy.

Well, they did endure the worst possible outcome (infant loss). If that doesn’t cause you to keep seeking medical treatment when future pregnancies are high risk as well, there really are no words for how stupid and reckless you are. I would never wish a loss on anyone, but I imagine these families would prioritize medical care if they’d had something so tragic happen. It really is rolling the dice, and needlessly so.

11 hours ago, Bethella said:

5. boy, b. July 2013

The last child was Garrett Heil Beasley, born in july 2013, but I don't remember when and where I saw this....

Thomas and Dakota Paine are expecting their second in May based on her Instagram 

She’s seventeen weeks pregnant and their kids will be 14 Months apart

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Thomas and Dakota Paine are expecting their second in May based on her Instagram 

She’s seventeen weeks pregnant and their kids will be 14 Months apart

Which is surprising since they went years after marriage without any kids born. 

They might just want to have a couple of kids close together and then be done, to get the early years out of the way quickly. Some people are like that. 

It's also possible they didn't think they could get pregnant again that quickly. If she wasn't having her period and she was breast feeding, they may have thought they were safe. 

1 hour ago, Triplet3 said:

Looks like Kasey (Goodwin) Burnett is pregnant, based on a photo on her FB page. She and Caleb married in July.

The Burnett’s have 6 grandsons from 3 different children I’m going to guess another boy. Maybe JD and Abbie will be the first to give the Burnett’s a grand daughter. 

Pickles claimed that the Caldwells' new baby is called Isaiah Gabriel (and she included a baby photo that I'm sure came from one of her super exclusive 'sources' :my_rolleyes:). Someone on Tumblr said they could confirm that this was true. That's not quite enough confirmation for me, but I thought others might be interested. Pickles does clearly have someone connected to the Duggars who's feeding her info.

Alyssa Bates looks pregnant again-wearing loose clothes and strategically placed babies in photos . Has she made an announcement?

8 minutes ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Alyssa Bates looks pregnant again-wearing loose clothes and strategically placed babies in photos . Has she made an announcement?

No, she hasn't announced anything.

16 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Taken from their recent tour of Europe - is Kendalyn pregnant with number 5?

She hasn’t announced anything, although her youngest is almost two. That picture could be a pregnancy or it could just be an awkward puffy jacket.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived