IGNORED

There's always womb for one more! Upcoming Babies 12

Bethella

A few clarifications and news:

Varina Morton was born August 6th: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmLgQOygv8C/

Braun Erichson Ehlinger was born July 24th, according to a private IG.

Lora Lynn Fanning of Vitafamiliae, elder half-sister to the Sanders clan, is having a partial hysterectomy tomorrow. https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq5xydfATqP/

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alyssa Morton is due soon.  Addie posted a picture of her holding Victoria and you couldn't see her belly so I'm thinking it dropped.  Soon enough it will be 3 little babies under 2.  

31 minutes ago, JMO said:

Alyssa Morton is due soon.  Addie posted a picture of her holding Victoria and you couldn't see her belly so I'm thinking it dropped.  Soon enough it will be 3 little babies under 2.  

You can see Alyssa on the right side of the fourth picture in that same series. She definitely looks to be due soon.

I just read this page; why does Lora Lynn have to do Christmas from bed this year???  It's only early December!  My daughter had a hysterectomy this year, spent one night in the hospital (strictly just in case), came home, dressed in regular clothes and went about her business.  She obeyed the rules and took her husband grocery shopping with her for six weeks, but life went on almost as usual.

5 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

I just read this page; why does Lora Lynn have to do Christmas from bed this year???  It's only early December!  My daughter had a hysterectomy this year, spent one night in the hospital (strictly just in case), came home, dressed in regular clothes and went about her business.  She obeyed the rules and took her husband grocery shopping with her for six weeks, but life went on almost as usual.

What type of surgery did your daughter have? A vaginal/laparoscopic hysterectomy has a pretty quick recovery time but I think there are limiting factors on who is a candidate for that type of surgery. If she needed a standard abdominal hysterectomy, the approximate recovery time is 6 weeks, although by Christmas I would expect that she could be up and sitting in a chair to open presents. 

10 minutes ago, Bethella said:

What type of surgery did your daughter have? A vaginal/laparoscopic hysterectomy has a pretty quick recovery time but I think there are limiting factors on who is a candidate for that type of surgery. If she needed a standard abdominal hysterectomy, the approximate recovery time is 6 weeks, although by Christmas I would expect that she could be up and sitting in a chair to open presents. 

About seven years ago I had a non-laparoscopic, non-vaginal hysterectomy, vertical incision, and also had a quick recovery.  One night in hospital, next night in motel "just in case" because home was several hours away, then home.  Within 2 weeks I was back at my office job for partial days, with a 10-pound lifting restriction.

(To be honest, the hardest part of the recovery for me was not being able to sleep on my stomach for a few months.)

1 minute ago, church_of_dog said:

About seven years ago I had a non-laparoscopic, non-vaginal hysterectomy, vertical incision, and also had a quick recovery.  One night in hospital, next night in motel "just in case" because home was several hours away, then home.  Within 2 weeks I was back at my office job for partial days, with a 10-pound lifting restriction.

(To be honest, the hardest part of the recovery for me was not being able to sleep on my stomach for a few months.)

I've helped two family members through the recovery from abdominal hysterectomies. One had an easy recovery while the one who had cancer had a harder recovery. I think it depends on the woman and her specific medical condition.

She had vaginal, 'robotic' surgery, so that would make it easier on her.  I had vaginal hysterectomy many years ago, and my recovery wasn't nearly as easy as hers.  But I was amazed; my daughter didn't even need a pain pill.  

11 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

While I know everyone is different and recovery depends on the type of surgery, in Lora Lynn's case - she is a very special snowflake. She has made her name on being an overwhelmed, over stressed, bed ridden drama queen who gets a shit ton of sympathy and back patting for doing all the hard stuff while raising the seven children she chose to have. She was on bedrest for most of her pregnancies and it makes her look so very special and like wonder woman. Her husband, and apparently her kids, lavish her with love and attention - and so do her fans. When she is sick, she never just gets sick - she is in bed for days and days and she shares pictures of her bedside table with strategically places kleenex and books and electronics. 

While I don't question that any hysterectomy comes with physical limitations, and some more than others, Lora Lynn is the ultimate martyr to fundie, homeschooling, baby making motherhood.  

Courtney referenced an issue with the heartbeat of her current expected baby on her instagram, she said the nurse or technician couldn't detect it so they had a sudden sonogram and were able to tell that the heart is beating.  It may have just been that they just couldn't hear it because of the baby's location,  that happened with us, but it made me remember that she's had 2 (I think 2) miscarriages.  I hope that the baby is ok.

3 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Alyssa Morton has her baby today based on adeline’s stories. They’re all waiting to find out the sex

Oh brother. One set of twins and she'll make Courtney look practically infertile. She is about one cycle ahead this time compared to the 28-31st. She could be expecting again for as early as late November and be on her normal track. 

10 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Wow, right on time. I wonder if she had a scheduled induction or C-section.

She seemed to really want a VBAC with her last and got it. Are Drs more likely to induce on your due date if you want to go for a VBAC?

30 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Alyssa Morton has her baby today based on adeline’s stories. They’re all waiting to find out the sex

Three babies under 2. Two under 1. 

She'll be pregnant again by mid to late February with a 4th December baby arriving in 2019.

With that many babies, I’m always curious if any form some sort of extremely mild form of like reactive attachment disorder. They can’t possibly be providing them the type of attention they need at that age with 3 under 2 / 4 under 3.

22 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Wow, right on time. I wonder if she had a scheduled induction or C-section.

Whichever way it went, I'd bet cash money that it was, in fact, scheduled. 

Within 24 months, she had a c-section and a VBAC. Her body is not exactly in prime condition for letting nature take its course. 

Even Alyssa and Sam must be wearing down at this point. I suspect that #4 will not be an "Irish twin", though I have no doubts that its arrival will be confirmed by late Summer of 2019.

Martha posted a bible quote about contentment under her "eight brothers" account, along with some general hashtags about gratitude for what you have. It's Christmas themed, and includes lots of smiley emojis. But timing-wise, I can't help but wonder if this is related to Alyssa's new arrival. Martha has officially had the longest gap between (known) pregnancies of any of her married siblings or in-laws. 

6 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Even Alyssa and Sam must be wearing down at this point. I suspect that #4 will not be an "Irish twin", though I have no doubts that its arrival will be confirmed by late Summer of 2019.

Martha posted a bible quote about contentment under her "eight brothers" account, along with some general hashtags about gratitude for what you have. It's Christmas themed, and includes lots of smiley emojis. But timing-wise, I can't help but wonder if this is related to Alyssa's new arrival. Martha has officially had the longest gap between (known) pregnancies of any of her married siblings or in-laws. 

There hasn't been any comments about a sister or brother for Zandry some day either - it's interesting since I don't remember any complications, does anything stick out to anyone?

No known pregnant Mortons right now, which is almost as strange as no Duggar pregnancies. I'm sure Campbell will be next, then maybe Rachel?

Mariah Campana posted a picture in her Instagram story of Grandma holding the three babies under 2 but no name was listed and I can’t even tell if it’s a boy or a girl. So a useless picture, lol. 

ETA: there’s another picture and it’s a girl. 

I always hope for boys for these families. With three girls up front, they'll be doing a great deal of sister-momming eventually. 

ETA: Didn't someone mention that Alyssa's registry included boy coded item? 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived