IGNORED

There's always womb for one more! Upcoming Babies 12

Bethella

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just coming over to acknowledge the thread title. Thumbs up. 

Courtney posted her ultra sound pick yesterday evening. She says he's just over 9 weeks and due between the youngest twos' birthdays. If she's 9 weeks and a day, that puts her due June 5th. 9 weeks and 2 days, would be June 4th, and 9 weeks and 3 days would be June 3rd. 

I'm kind of hoping she goes over, so that the new baby is born after her last baby's birthday. At least give the poor thing a year to be the youngest. 

I think her last was the only one to make it to the due date. #9 was born June 10, and #8 was born on May 10. If she carries to term, it would be right on top of Cadie's birthday, but "between the two girls" sounds more like late May. Based on her track record, that very well could happen.

Courtney's uterus is the real MVP.

Esther LeClerc is expecting #2, per her public IG.

(Sorry if this is old news, I have a hard time keeping up with this thread...)

38 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Esther LeClerc is expecting #2, per her public IG.

(Sorry if this is old news, I have a hard time keeping up with this thread...)

Yeah, she’s on the list. Due in the spring.

Reasonably often I'm called on to do an ultrasound to measure c -section scar thickness in the 3rd trimester. I always think of the fundies we see who have back to back babies and VBAC's when I'm doing these sorts of scans. Although I've done a lot of scans, I am always a bit taken aback by just how thin the scar gets - we are talking a few millimetres. 

Courtney's uterus must be constantly flaccid. Her bump is far bigger than average (for lack of a better word; I know all bodies are different) for 9 weeks. I seriously thought she was 4 months already. Which, at the time she announced, I know couldn't be right since that was the same age as the baby. But, since this is Courtney and her rutting husband, nothing is out of the question.

I can't hear flaccid without thinking of a penis. Sorry for the mental image ?.

I'll be that annoying person and say that a flaccid uterus wouldn't really affect the bump size. It has to do with how stretched out her ab muscles are. Which in her case, by having a baby every 10 months or whatnot, those muscles would never have time to fuse back to their normal state. Hurts my belly just to think about it.

Also, she has barely had any sex in her life that has not resulted in babies, or not been while she’s pregnant. I suppose that’s true of some other fundy women..but it strikes me very much with her.  Weird.

Clara Grady had a second although I am pretty sure not with her ex? husband Dillon???  I believe they have not been together for awhile now but not sure whose child this is.

Sue Radford had her baby, Bonnie Raye. I like the name Bonnie. It’s probably not a name I’d give my child, but it’s nice all the same. Birth was on Tuesday.

19 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Every single one of their girls' names end in an "ee" sound. It's so weird. 

How many girls do they have. I forgot. 

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Every single one of their girls' names end in an "ee" sound. It's so weird. 

It's a British trend, especially in the past 20 years or so but it has always been more prevalent, especially for feminine names, than the US. Nicknames as full names have particularly caught on. It's why names like Sophie, Poppy, Phoebe, Lily, Evie, Ruby, Chloe  Emily, Charlie (boy), Alfie, Harry have been in the top 10 names in the UK since about 2014 or 15.

And you'll get a higher frequency of names like these have all made the top 100 in the UK and Wales in the period of 2015-2018 Archie, Freddie, Daisy, Henry, LillyMillie, Rosie, Ellie, Zoe, the variants of Darcie and Darcey and Darcy for females, Nancy, Bonnie at #95 in 2017 and jumping 19 rank spaces in one year, Lottie, Heidi, Mollie and Molly, Bethany, Amy, Hollie and Holly, Katie, Gracie, Lexi, Amelie, Ivy, Maisie, Lacey, Felicity, Lucy, Riley, Finley, Zachary, Stanley, Toby, Harley, Frankie (masculine), Ollie Theo, Tommy (masculine), Teddy, Bobby, Ronnie, Sonny, Reggie, Rory, Joey, Louie, Harvey, Albie, 

For example, the name Theodore is #59 in 2014 in the UK but Theo was #37. Freddie is far more popular as a full name than Frederick and it's the same with the youngest generation of Charlie vs Charles or Alfie vs Alfred.

This isn't exhaustive but I'm tired...Bonnie isn't a weird choice for them. Kind of boring and predictable really but it's a good name and it will hold that girl in good stead, I'm sure :) 

6 hours ago, Jana814 said:

How many girls do they have. I forgot. 

They have ten girls, including Bonnie. 

4 hours ago, Aine said:

It's a British trend, especially in the past 20 years or so but it has always been more prevalent, especially for feminine names, than the US. Nicknames as full names have particularly caught on. It's why names like Sophie, Poppy, Phoebe, Lily, Evie, Ruby, Chloe  Emily, Charlie (boy), Alfie, Harry have been in the top 10 names in the UK since about 2014 or 15.

And you'll get a higher frequency of names like these have all made the top 100 in the UK and Wales in the period of 2015-2018 Archie, Freddie, Daisy, Henry, LillyMillie, Rosie, Ellie, Zoe, the variants of Darcie and Darcey and Darcy for females, Nancy, Bonnie at #95 in 2017 and jumping 19 rank spaces in one year, Lottie, Heidi, Mollie and Molly, Bethany, Amy, Hollie and Holly, Katie, Gracie, Lexi, Amelie, Ivy, Maisie, Lacey, Felicity, Lucy, Riley, Finley, Zachary, Stanley, Toby, Harley, Frankie (masculine), Ollie Theo, Tommy (masculine), Teddy, Bobby, Ronnie, Sonny, Reggie, Rory, Joey, Louie, Harvey, Albie, 

For example, the name Theodore is #59 in 2014 in the UK but Theo was #37. Freddie is far more popular as a full name than Frederick and it's the same with the youngest generation of Charlie vs Charles or Alfie vs Alfred.

This isn't exhaustive but I'm tired...Bonnie isn't a weird choice for them. Kind of boring and predictable really but it's a good name and it will hold that girl in good stead, I'm sure :) 

I’ve definitely noticed that in the UK. In the US, we like a lot of those names as nicknames. Sophia and Charles are popular, but then their informal nick name is usually Sophie and Charlie. I admit that I’m the same way. My children have formal names and then they have their nick names. If I met an Alfie in the US, I would assume his name is Alfred. But I wouldn’t expect that to be so in the UK since I know the trend. 

11 hours ago, Aine said:

I totally get the popularity of those names, but ALL of their daughters? 

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve definitely noticed that in the UK. In the US, we like a lot of those names as nicknames. Sophia and Charles are popular, but then their informal nick name is usually Sophie and Charlie. I admit that I’m the same way. My children have formal names and then they have their nick names. If I met an Alfie in the US, I would assume his name is Alfred. But I wouldn’t expect that to be so in the UK since I know the trend. 

My younger son is like that. His name is James, but we call him Jaime. My older son was going to have a nickname (Will) but we ended up just calling him by his formal name (William). I come from a family where formal names are considered important and then most have nicknames. 

16 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

My younger son is like that. His name is James, but we call him Jaime. My older son was going to have a nickname (Will) but we ended up just calling him by his formal name (William). I come from a family where formal names are considered important and then most have nicknames. 

Almost everyone has a nick name in my extended family. Some of them come from their actual names (Johnny for John) while others got nick names from their personality quirks. My husband had such a hard time figuring out who was who at big family gatherings because of all the weird nick names. 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived