Gwen Shamblin 4: Lick the Fork

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am finally caught up!

Gwen, I know you were trying to look surprised here:

image.png.6c706df98b7ec95f90236bb84f54b0a7.png

But when I saw you put your hand to your chest, all I could imagine was you saying "Jane. Jane. And you?"

And you know how Joe had to answer . . .

ETA -- found this, from 2016. Yellow! Yellow with polka dots, no less! Blasphemy!

Spoiler

14516363_10154570084829441_4567826416347

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I am finally caught up!

But when I saw you put your hand to your chest, all I could imagine was you saying "Jane. Jane. And you?"

And you know how Joe had to answer . . .

ETA -- found this, from 2016. Yellow! Yellow with polka dots, no less! Blasphemy!

Hide contents

14516363_10154570084829441_4567826416347

Gwen’s hair isn’t so high in that picture and it looks better. However her outfit is awful. It looks like a wrinkled burlap sack. Why would anyone think that’s cute?!

5 hours ago, thoughtful said:

To me it looks more like she's acting shocked over someone dying, what with her facial expression and clothing. More devastated and horrified than anything.

Or she caught a glimpse of herself and in a moment of clarity thought “ oh my god my hair looks ridiculous and I left the house looking like this “.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Gwen’s hair isn’t so high in that picture and it looks better. However her outfit is awful. It looks like a wrinkled burlap sack. Why would anyone think that’s cute?!

It's the hypnotizing effect of the Magnolia Pearl Law: if you charge enough for clothing, and display it in weird, supposedly artsy ways, social-climbing narcissists will be unable to see that it is a pile of rags.

2 hours ago, FrumperedCat said:

To me it looks more like she's acting shocked over someone dying, what with her facial expression and clothing. More devastated and horrified than anything.

It really does look like she was just given bad news. My husband laughed when I forced him to watch the engagement video and it got to that point. 

Bets on if this marriage lasts? I think it depends on how much freedom she gives him. If he ever gains a bit of weight and she starts harping on him because it ruins her image I can see him leaving her. 

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

Bets on if this marriage lasts? I think it depends on how much freedom she gives him. If he ever gains a bit of weight and she starts harping on him because it ruins her image I can see him leaving her. 

I think it depends on how tight the pre-nup is.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:46 AM, Goaty McGoatface said:

I just watched it here:

Just now reading this thread so this video was posted a week ago but I just can't... Did they... DID THEY SERIOUSLY USE THE SHREK SOUNDTRACK FOR THIS VIDEO?????????

3 hours ago, thoughtful said:

It's the hypnotizing effect of the Magnolia Pearl Law: if you charge enough for clothing, and display it in weird, supposedly artsy ways, social-climbing narcissists will be unable to see that it is a pile of rags.

Like the emperor who spent so much for clothes that he just couldn't admit weren't there.

The reason I feel a need to defend David Shamblin is because I read so much that is false on FJ or simply uninformed.  I also extrapolate from these pages that Gwen Shamblin must attack David as the bad man to justify her actions for the past year.

I want the Shamblin kids to know the truth.  Their father is a good, decent, and honorable man.  He did nothing wrong as a father or husband to justify the divorce.

Finally I invite anyone who thinks they know something about David that would justify the divorce to bring it forward.  I will be happy to debate the issue, and I am certain you will be educated as to why any particular lie is in fact a lie.

1.  David is a great father.  When his kids were young, he was an equal caregiver.  He drove kids to school and picked them up.  He watched them when not at work.  He actively participated in their activities such as cheerleading or football.  As a family they went on trips.  He was instrumental in the purchase of the Destin vacation home.

David loves his kids, but I fear the magnetic pull of Remnant Fellowship is pulling his children and grandchildren away.  I know it hurts him deeply.

Note Michael and Elizabeth were turning adults when RF was started.  David gave them the freedom of choice.  He also has not bad mouthed Gwen, and believe me he had plenty of ammunition.  That strength requires awesome love.  Acts not words are the most revealing.

2.  David contributed equally to the family's wealth.  He was there when WDW was conceived and developed.  Weigh Down Workshop, not Remnant Fellowship, is the source of the family wealth .

David, in addition to editing and being Gwen's sounding board, set up the business end...the logistics, the accounting, and sometimes just being labor.  David basically retired when the Trinity scandal ended the appeal to the general public.  Gwen retired as far as earning wealth for family.  She found a new time and money consuming project, her own church.

3.  David was a faithful husband 

4.  David never joined Gwen's church, but then Gwen didn't go to David's after she left his church.

5.  David never harmed Gwen nor his children.  He loved them.

In short David Shamblin cis a good man.  He doesn't deserve to be subject of false attacks.  Gwen, if you directly or indirectly, put out any false propaganda about David, you should be ashamed.  Ask God and your children for forgiveness.  David as well. A sincere, open,and public appreciate would go a long way.  It would enhance your reputation and you would know real love.

I welcome a debate Remnant people 

29 minutes ago, Concerned1954 said:

The reason I feel a need to defend David Shamblin is because I read so much that is false on FJ or simply uninformed.  I also extrapolate from these pages that Gwen Shamblin must attack David as the bad man to justify her actions for the past year.

I want the Shamblin kids to know the truth.  Their father is a good, decent, and honorable man.  He did nothing wrong as a father or husband to justify the divorce.

Finally I invite anyone who thinks they know something about David that would justify the divorce to bring it forward.  I will be happy to debate the issue, and I am certain you will be educated as to why any particular lie is in fact a lie.

1.  David is a great father.  When his kids were young, he was an equal caregiver.  He drove kids to school and picked them up.  He watched them when not at work.  He actively participated in their activities such as cheerleading or football.  As a family they went on trips.  He was instrumental in the purchase of the Destin vacation home.

David loves his kids, but I fear the magnetic pull of Remnant Fellowship is pulling his children and grandchildren away.  I know it hurts him deeply.

Note Michael and Elizabeth were turning adults when RF was started.  David gave them the freedom of choice.  He also has not bad mouthed Gwen, and believe me he had plenty of ammunition.  That strength requires awesome love.  Acts not words are the most revealing.

2.  David contributed equally to the family's wealth.  He was there when WDW was conceived and developed.  Weigh Down Workshop, not Remnant Fellowship, is the source of the family wealth .

David, in addition to editing and being Gwen's sounding board, set up the business end...the logistics, the accounting, and sometimes just being labor.  David basically retired when the Trinity scandal ended the appeal to the general public.  Gwen retired as far as earning wealth for family.  She found a new time and money consuming project, her own church.

4.  David never joined Gwen's church, but then Gwen didn't go to David's after she left his church.

In short David Shamblin cis a good man.  He doesn't deserve to be subject of false attacks.  Gwen, if you directly or indirectly, put out any false propaganda about David, you should be ashamed.  Ask God and your children for forgiveness.  David as well. A sincere, open,and public appreciate would go a long way.  It would enhance your reputation and you would know real love.

Are you under the impression Free Jinger is a Gwen Shamblin production?  I promise you it is not.  

Although her minions have made it clear they are reading here so I guess that's why you're addressing her directly?  Idk - I don't understand anyone involved with this mess.

Is there a reason you put this in Community Discussion, which is for posts affecting the board and FJ community itself, rather than in the Remnant thread?  

I would say this is an oddly personal message to post on a snark board, but messing our carpet with oddly personal messages seems to be a typical RF people thing.

ETA that I moved this post from CD 

It was not clear where to post a new topic so I thought I was doing it right.  I am equally happy to have its entirety posted here.

No I do not think FJ is a Gwen/RF product.  I do think they monitor this and have spread disinformation about David.  I hope the focus is on the substance.

1 minute ago, Concerned1954 said:

It was not clear where to post a new topic so I thought I was doing it right.  I am equally happy to have its entirety posted here.

No I do not think FJ is a Gwen/RF product.  I do think they monitor this and have spread disinformation about David.  I hope the focus is on the substance.

Gotcha.  And yeah, when new it's not always apparent where to post - sorry if that came off snarkier than I intended.

I was trying to respond to the thread in CD when it got moved. Which removed the need for most of my post. :pb_lol:.  So, as to the last bit of my post....

Welcome to Free Jinger, @Concerned1954! I'm sure most of us are interested in your perspectives about people you know (within whatever limits you're comfortable with). FJ has many discussions about many, many topics. If you have some time, consider poking around--you might find some interesting reading. :)

Did Gwen or her minions ever actually specify why her divorce was justified? I remember that they acted like she was a super special situation because of something vague, but I'm wondering what reasons she used to say it was okay to leave her husband and marry a new guy. 

No that I think anyone in that church would stand up to her, but I'm sure they crafted some reasoning for the divorce being godly. 

23 hours ago, thoughtful said:

That screenshot she seriously looks like she's trying to say where the chest pains are.

15 hours ago, Concerned1954 said:

Sometimes it really does help to let it off your chest here when you know something stinks. Gwen would've had to put out the false propaganda in order to justify her divorce to the masses. Right?  I know the propaganda they put out in regards to other situations. It's a shame that his children are just rolling with whatever their mother says. I can't imagine how hard all of this is for them to watch. Families destroyed everywhere for her, by her.

From Gwen's FB page.

Waiting on the growl is like finding God, meeting up with God every day, several times a day. It keeps you so focused on His will.

You wait for the growl…all day long you are focused on finding the growl. When you get to the growl, then you can think about food at that point—but not before. And then you get what you want to eat. It is so important to eat what God has programmed inside of you.

The moment you start eating, you are looking for that Way of Escape, praying, “God, show me the full. Let me feel it, and show me the Way of Escape. Help me find the stopping point.” You take the Way of Escape, push the food away, and you are immediately back into waiting for the next growl.

You cannot be thinking about food—those who are both thinking about food and waiting for the growl are headed towards a binge. 

So basically your entire life revolves around waiting to be hungry. This is so, so unhealthy. Gwen gives out terrible advice. 

How is it possible to spend all day every day waiting for a growl but not think about food? That seems inherently contradictory. Especially since one aspect of having an eating disorder is frequently, if not constantly, thinking about food. By that logic if someone is following Gwen's teachings correctly and restricting food, they will likely spend a lot of time thinking about food. Her followers are set up to fail. 

29 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

From Gwen's FB page.

So basically your entire life revolves around waiting to be hungry. This is so, so unhealthy. Gwen gives out terrible advice. 

Take it from someone who had an eating disorder once upon a time - every one of the therapists I had to see about this would have considered this very, very disordered thinking around food.

How do RF people handle family meals? If everyone isn't feeling the growl at the same time, that could get inconvenient. Do they just graze all day long individually?

Does anyone ever say "dinner is served" and, if so, do people actually respond to it by sitting down at the table?

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived