IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 4: Lick the Fork

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or is the engagement video gone now?! Remnant is like, shit, they didn't buy it. 

I watched both videos last night and it was a cheese fest. My favorite bit was seeing Gwen silhouetted in the light filled doorway before she glided down the aisle among the dazzled ranks of the peasantry. Very faux regal.

14 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Is it just me or is the engagement video gone now?! Remnant is like, shit, they didn't buy it. 

it doesnt show up for me either! i find it interesting...

15 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I just watched it here:

@SuperNova, I just found the engagement one on YouTube. Fake and overblown much?

My reaction: What. The. Actual. Fuck. Did. I. Just. Watch.

5 minutes ago, Hane said:

@SuperNova, I just found the engagement one on YouTube. Fake and overblown much?

My reaction: What. The. Actual. Fuck. Did. I. Just. Watch.

My late husband proposed to me in the laundry room of our apartment building.  Just sayin'.

9 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

huh that's weird! it was showing as not available on my phone a little bit ago. 

The video was reposted. Something was probably edited out. This video’s overall time now is slightly shorter compared to the previous one. This could be a YouTube error / glitch however I wouldn’t put it past them to do such a thing. Very interesting indeed.

3 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

huh that's weird! it was showing as not available on my phone a little bit ago. 

It was gone for a little while. I even refreshed to make sure it was really gone but now it's back. I'm supposed to be getting ready for a lunch date and instead I watched the engagement again.

Since we know Remnant is reading here I want to make you guys aware that at the 2:55 mark, Gwen's hair has a really bad and obvious flat spot and her dark roots are showing a little. I don't know who's head is gonna roll for that but maybe you should edit that part out, too. 

31 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Since we know Remnant is reading here I want to make you guys aware that at the 2:55 mark, Gwen's hair has a really bad and obvious flat spot and her dark roots are showing a little. I don't know who's head is gonna roll for that but maybe you should edit that part out, too. 

Preserved for their edits.....

Spoiler

Screen_Shot_2018-11-02_at_1_27.44_PM.thumb.png.6a3695a468201d53d4ed398d78236e96.png

Screen_Shot_2018-11-02_at_1_27.49_PM.png

Is she wearing a fall?  That's a hairpiece right, the puffy part?

I can't look at her without thinking of the Grandmother in Flowers In the Attic...when Christopher spies on her in her bedroom saying her evil prayers and sees her wig on her dresser. 

Just out of curiosity, how old is she?

23 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Is she wearing a fall?  That's a hairpiece right, the puffy part?

I can't look at her without thinking of the Grandmother in Flowers In the Attic...when Christopher spies on her in her bedroom saying her evil prayers and sees her wig on her dresser. 

Just out of curiosity, how old is she?

She’s 63. I only know this because she’s my mom’s age. That’s why I’m a bit confused by dark roots. Wouldn’t they be lighter from graying? I know people gray at different rates but my mom and all her friends have quite a bit of gray mixed in and it makes their roots seem lighter. So I’m kind of wondering if that’s part of a hair piece showing. 

ETA: I’ve been looking through a lot of pictures and I’ve found some dark roots. It seems her natural hair color is actually quite dark. I guess that’s where Michael gets his dark hair. She’s just always dyed it blonde. Even in the 90s.

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s 63. I only know this because she’s my mom’s age. That’s why I’m a bit confused by dark roots. Wouldn’t they be lighter from graying? I know people gray at different rates but my mom and all her friends have quite a bit of gray mixed in and it makes their roots seem lighter. So I’m kind of wondering if that’s part of a hair piece showing. 

That's all genetics.  I have people in my family well into their 60s with only a few gray hairs (and they don't color) and my mom had a full head of shiny silver hair by 50.  

I always said when I get gray enough that roots aren't an issue I'll go blonde again...Betty White circa 1988!

My mom died two months shy of her 61, and she still retained her normal hair color, minus a few gray hairs here and there. 

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That's all genetics.  I have people in my family well into their 60s with only a few gray hairs (and they don't color) and my mom had a full head of shiny silver hair by 50.  

I always said when I get gray enough that roots aren't an issue I'll go blonde again...Betty White circa 1988!

That’s what my grandma did. She went from having almost black hair in her youth to dyeing it platinum blonde in her old age. She said it hid her silver roots much better. 

8 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

My mom died two months shy of her 61, and she still retained her normal hair color, minus a few gray hairs here and there. 

I edited my original post and I’m now thinking her roots are still quite dark. You would think she would make sure to get her roots dyed before her wedding day....

Look at how ordinary Gwen used to be!!!!!!

14A0F023-67C1-4B75-9D7B-A63B023C4E0B.jpeg

5 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Gwen's hair is just so TERRIBLE.

I never see her hair but that I don't think of the apocryphal stories about beehive hairdos providing housing for spiders, centipedes, and even rats -- these stories go way back.

The soundtracks for those videos are spectacularly bad. 

Re: Elizabeth. She looks seriously ill and it's not a matter of lighting. She just looks awful.

That wedding video was AH-MAZE-ING! I'm crying tears of laughter. She really does think herself a queen, doesn't she? OMFG LOL!

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

My late husband proposed to me in the laundry room of our apartment building.  Just sayin'.

At red lobster for me. We'll not make good cult leaders, not grand (or pretentious) enough. Gwen Shamblin's ego is through the roof, just like her hair.

2 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

I never see her hair but that I don't think of the apocryphal stories about beehive hairdos providing housing for spiders, centipedes, and even rats -- these stories go way back.

The soundtracks for those videos are spectacularly bad. 

Re: Elizabeth. She looks seriously ill and it's not a matter of lighting. She just looks awful.

Yes - on a BBC documentary once I saw how they addressed the problem of vermin in ones hair.

I would go shaved Britney in a heartbeat at the thought of one bug...shudder.

and re Elizabeth - I never snark on weight, this isn't about that.  She looks very, very ill to me.

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yes - on a BBC documentary once I saw how they addressed the problem of vermin in ones hair.

Nic Nog

My husband proposed in a romantic place but we were completely alone. I would have died of embarrassment if he made a spectacle of our engagement like Gwen and Joe! Not one picture was taken at our engagement. It can only be found in our memory. That’s the way I want it and my husband feels the same.

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

My favorite bit was seeing Gwen silhouetted in the light filled doorway before she glided down the aisle among the dazzled ranks of the peasantry. Very faux regal.

I just watched the wedding video and that was just so over the top. :laughing-jumpingpurple: The silhouette in the doorway, the perfectly coordinated dancing by children when they kissed, the confetti, the dance where he lifted her up, people dancing around them as they kiss, being lifted up in chairs, seriously, bragging about how many people attended. Nothing about that wedding seemed even slightly authentic. It was like the whole wedding was built around them making this montage. 

I'm not even sure where to get started. 

An ENGAGEMENT VIDEO? Really?? Why? Mine was in a park on a beautiful sunny day. My husband and I took a selfie and I don't think you can see the ring, just a young couple smiling. A simple memory, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

OMG with that video of the wedding. I admit I didn't watch the whole thing and went fast-forward, but I missed the part where they face the congregation and look awkward, as we noticed months earlier? I think it was a screencap someone leaked. If I missed it in the video, my bad. I'm sorry but Gwen freaks me out and her hair scares me, so I don't like to watch videos of her that much. 

Holy crap on how Gwen used to look. Like a normal person! It's weird how she was someone different 20 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I just watched the wedding video and that was just so over the top. :laughing-jumpingpurple: The silhouette in the doorway, the perfectly coordinated dancing by children when they kissed, the confetti, the dance where he lifted her up, people dancing around them as they kiss, being lifted up in chairs, seriously, bragging about how many people attended. Nothing about that wedding seemed even slightly authentic. It was like the whole wedding was built around them making this montage. 

But it represents the cult pretty well. It’s just one big show starring Gwen. It’s all fake. Everything is rehearsed and perfected.  Nothing is natural. Including her hair.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived