IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 4: Lick the Fork

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, neurogirl said:

I know the makeup, hair, tan has something to do with it but she looked so happy before. This is 9 years ago. 

image.png.2f71fe9ee175e692cfd9e8898a3f5ebb.png

This doesn't even look like the same person!  She looks so much older now, than 9 years older.  She looks so unhealthy now, I said it before but I still think she looks like her life is in danger.  She does not seem to have any joy or life in her eyes.  For some reason, she has been on my mind all day.  I agree about her husband needing to go against Gwen and get her help, but assuming that he did - and I'm not sure if Gwen would let him - is it too late?  I'm not an expert on eating disorders, I'm genuinely wondering because she looks so far gone.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Elizabeth's IG, I found it interesting that she hasn't posted on it since 2017. 

So this picture was last year and the daughter is wearing the same sweater as mom and grandma (do the grandkids call her grandma?). My daughter would never want to wear the same sweater as me!

Spoiler

Screenshot_20181103-200306_Instagram.thumb.jpg.f6f76ce102bb04ad31960c7d399d8bb7.jpg

This picture is from 2015 and what filter did they use and then decided it looked good?!?!

Spoiler

Screenshot_20181103-200145_Instagram.thumb.jpg.c82e77a7f3afe4501cfc02df861b325c.jpg

And good grief, buy some clothes that don't look like rags and that have color!!!

On 11/2/2018 at 6:20 PM, SilverBeach said:

At red lobster for me. We'll not make good cult leaders, not grand (or pretentious) enough. Gwen Shamblin's ego is through the roof, just like her hair.

Imagine loving yourself that much!!! 

My husband proposed over the telephone (different continents), the ring was hidden by my sister and my whole family and best friend were hiding behind the dining room table. 

On 11/3/2018 at 5:18 AM, Destiny said:

That wedding video was AH-MAZE-ING! I'm crying tears of laughter. She really does think herself a queen, doesn't she? OMFG LOL!

Based solely on the music I think she sees herself as a Disney Princess.

And that engagement video was hilarious - the 'spontaneous' arrival of several hundred people dressed for a formal party after a 'surprise proposal' just made it for me. Well that and the fireworks. Damn, I should have gotten someone to film our party at the local footy club and come up with an appropriately overblown soundtrack...

I'm a long time mostly lurker, but I have to comment on the wedding video. Given how important food is to Gwen, it's fascinating that the video includes a short snippet of her giving Tarzan a spoonful of food. I know that's not an uncommon thing at a wedding reception, but it seems especially symbolic in her case. She's got all the control here.

3 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

I know that's not an uncommon thing at a wedding reception, but it seems especially symbolic in her case

It seems to be that was the part of a wedding where the bride and groom typically feed each other a piece of cake. I was watching to see if they actually showed Gwen eating, but it only shows her feeding him. 

16 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

It seems to be that was the part of a wedding where the bride and groom typically feed each other a piece of cake. I was watching to see if they actually showed Gwen eating, but it only shows her feeding him. 

Gwen hadn’t felt the growl yet. 6 hours later he was finally able to reciprocate. 

Re: the engagement video length, I'm not sure they edited anything out. When i first watched it i noticed there was a lot of dead air at the end - where it was just a black screen but the seconds were still ticking by.  I remember laughing to myself about the shoddy editing error after they clearly put so much time into editing the rest of the video. i think the new, shorter version may have just cut out the black part at the end. 

On 11/2/2018 at 5:46 PM, Goaty McGoatface said:

I just watched it here:

Dear Rufus, she really looks like a bleached and shaven Wookie stuffed in a cocktail dress! :chewie:

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

Re: the engagement video length, I'm not sure they edited anything out. When i first watched it i noticed there was a lot of dead air at the end - where it was just a black screen but the seconds were still ticking by.  I remember laughing to myself about the shoddy editing error after they clearly put so much time into editing the rest of the video. i think the new, shorter version may have just cut out the black part at the end. 

@RFsurvivor mentioned this as well. It makes much more sense now. I still reserve a sense of suspicion, of course.

I almost get the sense that Gwen had enough of being in all those weddings but not being the bride. This was her chance to finally be the bride and she took full advantage! 

How old is Joe? 

1 hour ago, Ex 2x2 said:

How old is Joe? 

Google says 56 years old. 

I feel sorry for Gwen’s children-both events were about how bad her first husband was & she was rescued by Tarzan.  Just sickening.  Could you imagine what was going thru Elizabeth’s & Michael’s minds during these events? 

10 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

I feel sorry for Gwen’s children-both events were about how bad her first husband was & she was rescued by Tarzan.  Just sickening.  Could you imagine what was going thru Elizabeth’s & Michael’s minds during these events? 

Michael was barely shown. From what I saw, his expression was pretty blank. Of course Elizabeth’s was too but I think that has more to do with her physical health. I doubt Michael is pleased with this new marriage. 

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Michael was barely shown. From what I saw, his expression was pretty blank. Of course Elizabeth’s was too but I think that has more to do with her physical health. I doubt Michael is pleased with this new marriage. 

I couldn’t even imagine how Gwen is treating him now at this point. I personally am not his biggest fan of course however what’s right is right and what’s wrong is wrong. I am also concerned for the mental and emotional health of his wife and kids during this time. 

I've been reading the threads and was wondering if anyone else notices the 40 year thing... "Profetess" Gwen suffered in marriage for 40 years.  We've all heard about how her marriage was so hard and trying.  Hmmmm...just like Moses' 40 years in the desert????  So Joe was her reward (promised land) for her 40 years of suffrage.  When will that parallel sermon come out or was it supposed to be subtle? <wink wink>

42 minutes ago, Insightful said:

I've been reading the threads and was wondering if anyone else notices the 40 year thing... "Profetess" Gwen suffered in marriage for 40 years.  We've all heard about how her marriage was so hard and trying.  Hmmmm...just like Moses' 40 years in the desert????  So Joe was her reward (promised land) for her 40 years of suffrage.  When will that parallel sermon come out or was it supposed to be subtle? <wink wink>

If I was Michael, I would never sit through a sermon like that. If she continues to bad mouth her ex, she will most likely cause a real schism in her relationship with Michael. Most children don’t want to hear their parents bad mouthing each other. To have her preach about it would be unbearable. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I was Michael, I would never sit through a sermon like that. If she continues to bad mouth her ex, she will most likely cause a real schism in her relationship with Michael. Most children don’t want to hear their parents bad mouthing each other. To have her preach about it would be unbearable. 

Can you imagine how they talk about Joe's ex to his daughter then? 

15 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

Can you imagine how they talk about Joe's ex to his daughter then? 

I bet it’s horrible. I believe she was in the video. She looks like a sweet little girl. But I’m sure her mother has to do so much deprogramming every time she comes back from her dad and Gwen’s house. 

"It has been a joy and a delight for God to allow me to use my gift of babysitting to help serve the church. Gwen, Elizabeth Hannah and Elle Shamblin trained my sister and me when I was in the third grade, to lovingly assist with their children/grandchildren. Gwen has taught us to always be on the watch for the children’s needs, to truly understand the child and anticipate the need before it is said. Getting to grow up with these children has allowed me the privilege of getting to witness the deep love Gwen has with her grandchildren. I have also had the honor of getting to travel with their family and I have experienced the love, generosity and compassion of their entire families. After thirteen years of getting to be in the homes of the Shamblin/Hannah families, I can attest to the consistency, the abounding love, the overall peace and joy in their families. I have been constantly inspired by their example and feel so close to each of them. This example has changed who I am and my relationship with my parents and sister for the better in every way."

One of the testimonies of an upcoming bride.

10 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

"It has been a joy and a delight for God to allow me to use my gift of babysitting to help serve the church.

"Gift of babysitting"? What a weird ass way to put it. I'd phrase it "gift of understanding children" or "gift of love for little ones" or something like that. I don't necessarily feel like babysitting is a gift. Being good with children, certainly, but babysitting? No.

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

She started babysitting at age 8. Yikes. 

She makes it sound like she might have been a “mother’s helper” at first. 

I don’t believe Gwen, Elizabeth, or “Elle” would leave their precious princesses and princes alone with an 8 year old. I’m sure there were plenty of adult women falling over themselves to babysit the royal grandchildren. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived