IGNORED

Meghan and Harry: Royal Baby

2 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

I'll guess Alexander for a boy, and Isabel for a girl.  I think they both sound alright as Titleist sort of names... Lord Alexander Sussex, Lady Isabel Windsor? (Not sure which "surname" they would have). 

They'll have the "surname" of Sussex, much like William and Kate's children are ______ of Cambridge. 

The Family last name is officially Mountbatten-  Windsor. Edwards children use this. But this child will be so&so Sussex like George  uses Cambridge at school and The Princes used Wales throughout school.  Don’t know the rationale. 

• Upvote 1

Yes. He will be Earl Dumbarton. Louis will most likely be Duke of York as that is reserved for second sons of the monarch

Edited by tabitha2

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Yes. He will be Earl Dumbarton. Louis will most likely be Duke of York as that is reserved for second sons of the monarch

I hope it becomes Charlotte, Duchess of York and Louis can have something else. 

• Upvote 9

Maybe in 20 years they will be more open to females inheriting titles. A few peers elder daughters tried to take a stand after the Royal succession laws changed  but there just doesn't  seem to be much interest attention paid to passing on peerage through daughters. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2014/01/15/262741340/the-downton-abbey-law-would-let-british-women-inherit-titles

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Harry’s trip has been scaled back. He is now only scheduled to travel to Amsterdam on May 9th for the Invictus Games event:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/prince-harry-cancels-netherlands-trip-145608843.html

Coooooome on, baby! I know they said she's due late April/early May, so we could have yet another week or nothing, but the suspense is killing me! I just want to know the name! (And I doubt we'll know that right away, anyway. They'll probably take a couple of days, I imagine)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, viii said:

Coooooome on, baby! I know they said she's due late April/early May, so we could have yet another week or nothing, but the suspense is killing me! I just want to know the name! (And I doubt we'll know that right away, anyway. They'll probably take a couple of days, I imagine)

I only made it to 34 weeks of pregnancy myself, but I’ve heard the last month or so can be pretty rough for a lot of moms.  So ten bucks says Meghan feels the same way you do at this point. ?

I’m kind of curious too. It’ll be interesting to see how traditional or modern they end up going with the name. Would they need to get the Queen’s ok or input on the name prior to announcing it? I think I read that William and Catherine needed to, but that might be because William is second in line and one of his kids will likely inherit the throne eventually. 

Here is hoping for a safe delivery for Meghan and Baby Sussex, and a couple of quiet days after the birth so the new family can get to know each other! 

• Upvote 3

On 4/30/2019 at 12:50 AM, louisa05 said:

. Louis did not. Beatrice and Eugenie did not. Louis's name, in fact, is not a traditional name in the British royal family. Louis Mountbatten was a relative of Phillip and descended from the Greek royal family. 

Louis Mounbatten was a relative of Philip's on his mother's side. So he is British Royal Family and not the Greek. Philip's grandmother Victoria was the daughter of Queen Victoria's daughter Alice who married Prince Louis of Hesse and by the Rhine. 

• Upvote 8

25 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Would they need to get the Queen’s ok or input on the name prior to announcing it? I think I read that William and Catherine needed to, but that might be because William is second in line and one of his kids will likely inherit the throne eventually. 

I think that the Queen has a say in the first 5 in line to the throne - Louis pushed Harry to number 6, so I don't think he needs her approval for a name, but I could be wrong. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

22 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Not really baby related but this is worrisome if it’s true and since it’s not one of those “Royal Source” Tales it May well be.  The Queen is know not to tolerate rudeness. I 

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/apparently-queen-confronted-meghan-markle-171100008.html

That 100% reads like fan fiction to me. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Why all of a sudden all the hush hush. Is Meghan really this high maintenance, or are they just over the press and people nit picking their every breath and don't want to subject their child to this nonsense.  

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Why all of a sudden all the hush hush. Is Meghan really this high maintenance, or are they just over the press and people nit picking their every breath and don't want to subject their child to this nonsense.  

Harry has always been very protective of Meghan and their relationship. He’s also always struck me as extremely wary of the media in general, which is probably understandable considering what happened to his mother*. He’s also made it clear that he’s pretty relieved he’ll never be King and that he hasn’t really been at ease with living such a public life since birth. I could easily see him wanting more privacy at such a big moment in their lives, especially with how the press has treated Meghan over the past couple of years.

*And yes, Diana used the media to her full advantage when she needed to. But having his mother die as she was pursued by photographers - whether it was their fault or not - might have left him with a chip on his shoulder.

ETA: I could also see them just genuinely wanting a bit of time to themselves to get to know their baby. A lot of new parents want a bit of time with just them and their baby prior to welcoming the rest of their loved ones in. They’re going to have to share their child with the entire world for the rest of their lives, so maybe they just want a bit of time where they feel like a normal family.

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I only made it to 34 weeks of pregnancy myself, but I’ve heard the last month or so can be pretty rough for a lot of moms.  So ten bucks says Meghan feels the same way you do at this point. ?

I’m kind of curious too. It’ll be interesting to see how traditional or modern they end up going with the name. Would they need to get the Queen’s ok or input on the name prior to announcing it? I think I read that William and Catherine needed to, but that might be because William is second in line and one of his kids will likely inherit the throne eventually. 

Here is hoping for a safe delivery for Meghan and Baby Sussex, and a couple of quiet days after the birth so the new family can get to know each other! 

The whole Queen's approval thing is another myth. So many myths around her that make her look like a micromanager when she isn't  (I recently read a long thing on a blog where someone insisted that she approves every article of clothing that every member of the family wears to a public event--that would be a full time job all by itself, now, wouldn't it? She does no such thing). The tradition is that she is the first to be notified after a birth and that she is told the name before it is announced to the public. Rumor has it that if she dislikes a name, most royals have felt obligated to go with something else. There has long been a story that Andrew and Sarah wanted a trendy name for one of their daughters and the Queen encouraged a different choice. But there has never been confirmation that that was true. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

28 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

The whole Queen's approval thing is another myth. So many myths around her that make her look like a micromanager when she isn't  (I recently read a long thing on a blog where someone insisted that she approves every article of clothing that every member of the family wears to a public event--that would be a full time job all by itself, now, wouldn't it? She does no such thing). The tradition is that she is the first to be notified after a birth and that she is told the name before it is announced to the public. Rumor has it that if she dislikes a name, most royals have felt obligated to go with something else. There has long been a story that Andrew and Sarah wanted a trendy name for one of their daughters and the Queen encouraged a different choice. But there has never been confirmation that that was true. 

Thank you! I figured it was more of an informal thing because she likely has other things to focus on, but I wasn’t exactly sure. That seems like a decent enough compromise - the parents still get most of the say, while still honoring tradition a bit.

• Upvote 2

I mean was Fergie and Andrew... I would not be surprised if this one was true because well Look at who were talking about. Discerning they are not ;)  

But she does have legal custody of all the minor children in the family. That one is true. And she prefers her female relations in skirts, dresses and hose except at out door events. So that’s why slacks are relatively uncommon on Royal females.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

I read somewhere that meghan might be induced soon. Rumors where that she said she was due end of april early may. So that would now make her at least 40 weeks. The article stated that probally in the next 48 hours she may be  induced. That would mean no homebirth, if this is true. I feel for her because if that is the case all the media will be camping outside the hospital. There go her plans for a quiet home birth

I hope she gets her home birth (if it’s true that she is having one). It would be a nice way for them to maintain a bit more privacy.

I read once that over 90% of first babies are born at the 41 week mark, so hopefully we’ll hear some news soon. That’s if it’s true that she was due last Sunday.

I remember after he was born there was confirmation that Prince George was born around a week late as well.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic