IGNORED

Meghan and Harry: Royal Baby

So...name predictions? 

Honestly, I think like Kate and William with Louis, they'll surprise us with something out of the royal box but nothing too trendy. 

There's no way it will be James or Edward which I have seen speculated everywhere. I think Harry may honor Prince Phillip with a middle name and it is also one of Charles's names and one of Harry's names . All of Charles's other names have been used by William and Kate and I suspect they won't repeat one of George's or Louis's names at all--so no George, Alexander, Louis, Arthur or Charles. 

So here's my crazy guess: 

John Phillip Henry Spencer. 

Diana was said (via many reliable sources) to have wanted to name one of the boys John for her father but Charles vetoed it. It's a bit of naming rebellion in the royal family and a nod to Diana plus named for Harry's maternal grandfather. The others are from obvious sources. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

They will probably go with Spencer or Francis -as a middle name if they want to honor Diana.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I just watched the interview and it was completely adorable. He seems so giggly and genuinely excited to welcome his little boy into the world. It reminded me a bit of my husband when our daughter was born - he was so happy he couldn’t stop smiling every time he looked at her. I half expected Harry to break out into a giddy little dance. ?

I think it was a good idea for Harry to give a brief solo interview soon after the birth. It gave Harry the chance to talk about his baby like any proud new parent and gave the media and public a little glimpse at their happiness, while still giving the new family the private time they were hoping for.

If they did manage a hospital birth without anyone catching on then they all deserve a round of applause and everyone involved deserves a pay raise. That’d just be impressive considering how much attention was on them the last week or so. 

It was so adorable.  He was so excited. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

I’m hoping for something classic but not overly predictable- Christopher or Julian, something like that.

• Upvote 1

I still think Mark will be part of the name, possibly Spencer, and at least one that's appealing/meaninful to Meghan.

• Upvote 1

Apparently, the latest report is that rather than give birth in the private Lindo Wing in St Mary's like Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge or Surrey's Frimley Park Hospital like Sophie, Countess of Wessex, they went all the way into Harley Street for the Portland Hospital. It's not an NHS hospital with private options like the other two, but it's an entirely private independent hospital, frequently by celebrities. 

If anyone is interested, the second part of a documentary broadcast by the BBC in 2016 about the Portland has been made available by the producers on Vimeo. I've watched it and it's pretty fascinating. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Beatrice and Eugenie were born at Portland. Fitting because Earl is in the same position they were. 

• Upvote 2

I really thought this baby would be HRH, but it appears not! I also thought baby would be a girl, so it appears like I know nothing LOL. That makes the chances of the name Frederick being used pretty much slim to none haha. 

• Upvote 4

The Royal family is going to be pretty small in 20 years. At this rate it will be presumably King Charles, Consort Camilla, William, Kate and their 3 maybe 4, Harry and Meghan. Charles May or may not keep his siblings working depending on how much he wants to streamline.

• Upvote 3

I don't mean to wish ill on anyone, but I don't think it's a guarantee that Charles will be King in 20 years. I think by then it will be King William. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, louisa05 said:

So...name predictions? 

Honestly, I think like Kate and William with Louis, they'll surprise us with something out of the royal box but nothing too trendy. 

There's no way it will be James or Edward which I have seen speculated everywhere. I think Harry may honor Prince Phillip with a middle name and it is also one of Charles's names and one of Harry's names . All of Charles's other names have been used by William and Kate and I suspect they won't repeat one of George's or Louis's names at all--so no George, Alexander, Louis, Arthur or Charles. 

So here's my crazy guess: 

John Phillip Henry Spencer. 

Diana was said (via many reliable sources) to have wanted to name one of the boys John for her father but Charles vetoed it. It's a bit of naming rebellion in the royal family and a nod to Diana plus named for Harry's maternal grandfather. The others are from obvious sources. 

I saw an article guessing John as the name just now. Apparently the horses behind Harry during his surprise interview with the press are named George and Sir John - there are plaques listing their babes in full sight. So some people are guessing he posed there purposely to send a hint. 

(I don’t think that much thought was put into the location, at least not for that reason. I think it’ll be kind of funny if you wind up being right about the name just because of this though.) 

John is a nice name though and it sounds lovely with your other guesses. 

10 minutes ago, viii said:

I don't mean to wish ill on anyone, but I don't think it's a guarantee that Charles will be King in 20 years. I think by then it will be King William. 

You know, you’re lucky it’s 2019 and not 1519. You’d be tried for treason and witchcraft if you said something like this back then. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

21 minutes ago, viii said:

You think? Charles is extremely healthy and active for his age thanks to his healthy clean eating lifestyle. I think Camilla who is worse health may not make it that long unfortunately.  Time will tell. 

• Upvote 1

I wish I could speculate on the name, since I love name speculation, but I honestly have no idea. Alexander, maybe. Or John. Or James. Or Maverick. Or Chad. Or Bjorn. Or Legolas. I don't know, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

I think Charles will probably live to be 112.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

19 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I wish I could speculate on the name, since I love name speculation, but I honestly have no idea. Alexander, maybe. Or John. Or James. Or Maverick. Or Chad. Or Bjorn. Or Legolas. I don't know, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

I think Charles will probably live to be 112.

I vote Maverick but every time they say it they have to mimic Sarah Palins accent.

Even the queen 

• Haha 14

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

You know, you’re lucky it’s 2019 and not 1519. You’d be tried for treason and witchcraft if you said something like this back then. ?

I am lucky it's 2019 and not 1519 for a whole host of reasons, but definitely one as well! LOL. Although if it WAS 1519 I'd probably have a lot more inspiration for my Tudor novel...

55 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

You think? Charles is extremely healthy and active for his age thanks to his healthy clean eating lifestyle. I think Camilla who is worse health may not make it that long unfortunately.  Time will tell. 

I guess, I mean he'd only be 90, and both of his parents have proven to have good health and live to a good age. I'm really excited for Charles to become King, even if it means losing the Queen (which will literally make me cry, she's one my favourite "celebrities", lol). He's waited so long!

I'd be very surprised if the baby's name was John, as that is a taboo name within the royal family. However, harry and Meghan have proven to pave their own road, so this might simply be another path. If they're going to start pulling taboo names back into the picture, skip John and go for Richard!! 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

for me, Maverick is one of those names that will forever be associated with pets rather than people, because it is my nephew's German Shepherd's name (same with Butch, Dakota, and Tucker, as i have known at least one person who gave each of those names to a cat or a dog).

• Upvote 5

If the baby gets the Prince title, I don't think they will use John because Edward VII had a son John that died either at birth or soon after and George V had Prince John the youngest child, who was possibly autistic and definitely had epilepsy. It's kind of seen as a not so great name. But hard to say, they may go against the superstition. 

I think that if Charles lives as long as his parents, he could definitely be there in 20+ years. 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, catlady said:

for me, Maverick is one of those names that will forever be associated with pets rather than people, because it is my nephew's German Shepherd's name (same with Butch, Dakota, and Tucker, as i have known at least one person who gave each of those names to a cat or a dog).

This reminds me of when my gramma got SO mad that my cousin named her dog he same name as my daughter’s nickname.

ita a very normal girl name but people use it for dogs all the time.  I couldn’t have cared less ...I didn’t have contact with my cousin and as far as I was concerned at least a dog had an adoreable name.

• Upvote 5

Charles is happy with his life as POW, his environmental projects and being able to travel for the Queen. He is no hurry to be monarch like his mother probably would have been a happier being a Country Noble in the country with her horses and dogs and Harry would rather not be a royal at all. But good old uncle Edward fucked everything up. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, viii said:

I'd be very surprised if the baby's name was John, as that is a taboo name within the royal family. However, harry and Meghan have proven to pave their own road, so this might simply be another path. If they're going to start pulling taboo names back into the picture, skip John and go for Richard!! 

But that's the exact reason I think they might do it. Meghan seems to want to be the rebel and so does Harry. Nice little rebellion without being blatant about it. 

• Confused 1

But why would you want to name your baby a name that only means means tragedy and bad luck to your family just to Rebel? That’s immature and nonsensical. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

But why would you want to name your baby a name that only means means tragedy and bad luck to your family just to Rebel? That’s immature and nonsensical. 

Abiding by other people’s superstition’s is nonsensical.

If they want to use it they should and if others in his family don’t like it perhaps they should consider that names don’t have magical powers or portend tragedy.

• Upvote 10

5 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I am sure they are going to tell the Queen just like that ;) 

If he wants to use a name she won’t like he can tell him grandmother however he wants.

my point was it’s neithet immature nor nonsensical to name your child something of your own choosing rather than following the opinions of others if you’d rather not.

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic