IGNORED

Meghan and Harry: Royal Baby

So Charles’ grandkids are boy, girl, boy, boy...same configuration  as his with his sibs: Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward.

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So Charles’ grandkids are boy, girl, boy, boy...same configuration  as his with his sibs: Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward.

I wonder if Will and Kate will have one more. If they have a boy, then it will be the same configuration as the Queen's children, but it'd be nice if they had a girl. Who knows if they'll even have more, though. 

• Upvote 5

The baby was here by the time they announced she was in labour but they did definitely do two announcements on their official website. The first said she'd gone into labour in the wee hours of the morning and ended by saying an announcement would be made soon (of the birth presumably). 

It's quite possible she really did go into labour in the early hours of the morning and that she delivered too quickly for them to make an announcement seeing as he was out into the world at 5:26am which is pretty early. 

They didn't say where she delivered but the announcement did say she was at home by the time they announced (in the early afternoon) so hopefully the birth was complication free and was at home if that was her plan all along. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, viii said:

I wonder if Will and Kate will have one more. If they have a boy, then it will be the same configuration as the Queen's children, but it'd be nice if they had a girl. Who knows if they'll even have more, though. 

I think they will. I was reading an article today saying she was thinking of having a 4th, and I remember reading another one a few months ago. She does seem to enjoy motherhood. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I think they will. I was reading an article today saying she was thinking of having a 4th, and I remember reading another one a few months ago. She does seem to enjoy motherhood. 

Motherhood really seems to suit her, and she seems like a very hands-on mom. I know they have a nanny and I'm sure they have plenty of help, but she does seem quite devoted to raising her children, which is nice.

Hopefully if they do have another child it's because they both want one, and not a save the marriage baby. I'm still not sure how I feel about all the cheating rumors. 

• Upvote 8

23 minutes ago, viii said:

Hopefully if they do have another child it's because they both want one, and not a save the marriage baby. I'm still not sure how I feel about all the cheating rumors. 

I feel like it's a load of crap. They haven't had anything to say about William and Kate since Louis was born. I remember before they were married that there were a bunch of magazines lined up one saying they had broken up, one that they were engaged, and one that Kate was pregnant and William was upset. :my_dodgy:

So from here on out it will be cheating, The Queen hates Meghan/Kate, Kate/Meghan made a boo boo, and all of this crap. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

I personally think people and media really really wanted it to be a girl for whatever reasons and saw what they wanted to see.  We never got actual photos of the shower did we? Or was it questionable news reports. Now Harry probably did want a girl and was probably having an excited running off at the mouth moment. He said he did not know and we have no reason to doubt him. I am sure he fell in love with his boy at first sight and now could not imagine wanting anything else :) 

But it’s moot now. I want to know his name l!

I saw a page about Abigail Spencer who had a minor role on 'Suits' (I was looking for more information about her on the celebrity pages after enjoying the details of an interview with her.) and it showed her at Meghan's NYC baby shower with blue stuff which was meant to be a paparazzi reveal that the new baby was a boy. 

I think it's because the laws of succession changed before Prince George's birth that allowed daughters to not be displaced by sons in the line of succession, that everyone was desperate to see a first-born Princess who would inherit the throne and never have to be put after a younger brother. Same now, with MM's feminist image, maybe it would be interesting to see a first born girl. 

Edited by Mozzie
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I feel like it's a load of crap. They haven't had anything to say about William and Kate since Louis was born. I remember before they were married that there were a bunch of magazines lined up one saying they had broken up, one that they were engaged, and one that Kate was pregnant and William was upset. :my_dodgy:

So from here on out it will be cheating, The Queen hates Meghan/Kate, Kate/Meghan made a boo boo, and all of this crap. 

I would hope that it's crap, but there have been rumors of him cheating for a bit now. Usually where there's smoke, there's fire, but with celebrities/royals, that's not always the case - otherwise Jennifer Aniston would have 50 children, LOL.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

They did that with Kate as well. OMG! She is wearing blue heels! It’s a secret message!! 

By that reasoning she dresses Charlotte in Blue frequently so that means she is telling us Charlotte is a boy? 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Yep. Pretty sure this is what’s really going on. Tabloids are a business and they’re interested in making money - cheating and pitting women against each other are both pretty common themes in tabloids because, apparently, it sells. Occasionally they get lucky and report something true, but most is what they publish isn’t accurate. 

2 hours ago, JustEnough said:

The baby was here by the time they announced she was in labour but they did definitely do two announcements on their official website. The first said she'd gone into labour in the wee hours of the morning and ended by saying an announcement would be made soon (of the birth presumably). 

It's quite possible she really did go into labour in the early hours of the morning and that she delivered too quickly for them to make an announcement seeing as he was out into the world at 5:26am which is pretty early. 

They didn't say where she delivered but the announcement did say she was at home by the time they announced (in the early afternoon) so hopefully the birth was complication free and was at home if that was her plan all along. 

Yeah, I can see how things might have happened too fast or how they might not have realized it was true labor at first. We’ve had posters on here who have had very quick labors and deliveries and my husband and I didn’t even know I was in labor until I was already 4 cm dilated - our baby was born just over 10 hours later a little after 6 in the morning (though maybe premature labor is somehow different than true full term labor?) Someone else mentioned that they don’t release news overnight, so maybe this was the best they could do to honor their promise to announce when she was in labor? Or maybe they held the news if she needed the hospital so they had some privacy and time to sneak back home?

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Mozzie said:

I saw a page about Abigail Spencer who had a minor role on 'Suits' (I was looking for more information about her on the celebrity pages after enjoying the details of an interview with her.) and it showed her at Meghan's NYC baby shower with blue stuff which was meant to be a paparazzi reveal that the new baby was a boy. 

I think it's because the laws of succession changed before Prince George's birth that allowed daughters to not be displaced by sons in the line of succession, that everyone was desperate to see a first-born Princess who would inherit the throne and never have to be put after a younger brother. Same now, with MM's feminist image, maybe it would be interesting to see a first born girl. 

That's pretty much why I hoped George would be a girl. Plus she'd be in good company with Princess Victoria and Estelle of Sweden, Princess Elisabeth of Belgium, and Princess Ingrid of Norway. Plus with Spain and the Netherlands with girl heirs its really cool how many are going to end up ruling in their own right. 

Congrats Meghan and Harry! I can't wait to hear the name I'm guessing either Philip or Frederick. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I was so torn on what I wanted Will and Kate's first child to be. The feminist in me was SUPER excited about the change and really wanted a girl. The historian in me wanted a boy, LOL. I'm sad that for the rest of my life, it'll be nothing but Kings - we have three generations to go through before we have the chance to have a Queen, unless for some reason George peaces out and Charlotte is like YAAAAS! 

Edit: Fredrick is my name guess as well. Prince Freddie is adorable!

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 4

Well you know... a man can be a damn good feminist so who is to say George and little Earl Won’t be? and a woman can be anti feminist. Whose to say Charlotte won’t be very narrow minded and Fundie lite? We aren’t programmed and children grown up to surprise you in the best and worst way. 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 2

I've had Queen Elizabeth for my whole life. My grandfather who was born in 1920, had three kings (including the uncrowned Edward VIII) and Queen Elizabeth in his lifetime. It will be different to have a King, and it will be different to have Charles on the back of the coins. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 3

Glad the baby has arrived safely & is healthy. Also glad that Meghan & Harry were apparently able to have the kind of birth experience they wanted.

Re: Wills & Kate. I figured that the cheating stuff got pushed because Meghan hasn't been in public recently & thus readily available for bashing. 

Re: tabloids. The fuckers do what they do. Sadly, this probably means an endless barrage against Meghan, in particular, because the tabloids are published by racist assholes. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

I'm not convinced the cheating is all made up, personally. I would certainly hope it is, as I've always generally liked the image that William and Harry have put forth to the public, but I'm not naive enough to believe that just because Charles cheated on Diana means his sons won't cheat, either. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

So much for a girl named Ivy! I was sure it was a girl, but I was also sure George was a girl too.

Congrats to them. Harry is practically giggling he’s so over the moon. He said that they will introduce the baby to the world in two days time, so I’m guessing they’ll announce his name then.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

I'm not convinced the cheating is all made up, personally. I would certainly hope it is, as I've always generally liked the image that William and Harry have put forth to the public, but I'm not naive enough to believe that just because Charles cheated on Diana means his sons won't cheat, either. 

And Saint Diana Cheated as well you forgot to mention. Anyway. Cheating among British nobility /royalty both male and female has been tolerated for centuries as long it was kept discreet. Hell , William and Kate most likely know a few Adulterers their friends or acquaintance social circle. Not saying William did or will but it’s not a totally fantastic unbelievable notion. 

• Confused 2
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

They never announced she was in labour. The first announcement was on their Instagram that she gave birth in the early hours of the morning, there was never anything before this. That occurred at around 2pm.

Likely she went into labour in the evening, and so a public announcement was not made as it went against protocol (I believe they do not announce things overnight). Obviously she gave birth very early in the morning so they never had the opportunity to release the statement. Instead they simply waited a few hours and announced the birth.

They announced she had gone into labour in the early hours of the morning, that Harry was by her side and that an announcement would be made soon (presumably about the birth).

So technically the announcement wasn’t that she was ‘in’ labour ... but the first announcement wasn’t about the birth.

It sounds like her labour was only a few hours long.

163ADEF1-0C39-4A8A-89B1-5FB823B47C01.png

Edited by adidas
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Well you know... a man can be a damn good feminist so who is to say George and little Earl Won’t be? and a woman can be anti feminist. Whose to say Charlotte won’t be very narrow minded and Fundie lite? We aren’t programmed and children grown up to surprise you in the best and worst way. 

Of course, but just like it would be great to have a woman president, wanting a female to be in the position is just saying that it would be nice to see a woman finally hold a high position that has always been held by a man. 

• Upvote 11

aw dang I was certain it would be girl! my first miss in awhile lol. Hmm....my guess is going to be Anthony Phillip Henry. 

• Haha 2

The english gossip media has said that meghan went to a hopsital somewhere on sunday in secrecy. So if they are right that may be an indication that she was induced.  Harry confirmed that the little earl was over a week late. Seems most windsor babies go overdue by a week ;)

Oh well they had a healthy boy, now the waiting game for the name and pictures :D

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, adidas said:

So much for a girl named Ivy! I was sure it was a girl, but I was also sure George was a girl too.

Congrats to them. Harry is practically giggling he’s so over the moon. He said that they will introduce the baby to the world in two days time, so I’m guessing they’ll announce his name then.

I just watched the interview and it was completely adorable. He seems so giggly and genuinely excited to welcome his little boy into the world. It reminded me a bit of my husband when our daughter was born - he was so happy he couldn’t stop smiling every time he looked at her. I half expected Harry to break out into a giddy little dance. ?

I think it was a good idea for Harry to give a brief solo interview soon after the birth. It gave Harry the chance to talk about his baby like any proud new parent and gave the media and public a little glimpse at their happiness, while still giving the new family the private time they were hoping for.

21 minutes ago, Angelic83 said:

The english gossip media has said that meghan went to a hopsital somewhere on sunday in secrecy. So if they are right that may be an indication that she was induced.  Harry confirmed that the little earl was over a week late. Seems most windsor babies go overdue by a week ;)

Oh well they had a healthy boy, now the waiting game for the name and pictures :D

If they did manage a hospital birth without anyone catching on then they all deserve a round of applause and everyone involved deserves a pay raise. That’d just be impressive considering how much attention was on them the last week or so. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

57 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I just watched the interview and it was completely adorable. He seems so giggly and genuinely excited to welcome his little boy into the world. It reminded me a bit of my husband when our daughter was born - he was so happy he couldn’t stop smiling every time he looked at her. I half expected Harry to break out into a giddy little dance. ?

I think it was a good idea for Harry to give a brief solo interview soon after the birth. It gave Harry the chance to talk about his baby like any proud new parent and gave the media and public a little glimpse at their happiness, while still giving the new family the private time they were hoping for.

If they did manage a hospital birth without anyone catching on then they all deserve a round of applause and everyone involved deserves a pay raise. That’d just be impressive considering how much attention was on them the last week or so. 

I agree, he was so happy!  I thought he was so cute, he was so excited.  I'm glad that the baby is here safely and wish them the best.  I am anxious to see pictures, although it may be a few days.

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic