IGNORED

Meghan and Harry: Royal Baby

On 2/21/2019 at 4:54 PM, tabitha2 said:

To be completely factual and real Harry marrying Meghan Markle has brought a whole lot  of messy publicity and drama into a Royal family that has been relatively calm and scandal free for many years now. Is it all worth it? Only time will tell. 

The British Royal Family has been scandal free for many years now? LOL okay, sure. The BRF has ALWAYS had scandals in it, Meghan hasn't done anything new. 

On 2/23/2019 at 2:03 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

You know... I get that people don't like that tax payer dollars are being involved here, but at the same time... I don't blame them for security, considering all the hatred that is daily tossed her way. Perhaps she does need to realize she is more duchess than actress now, but that's going to take time. She hasn't even been married for a year now, and I'm more inclined to give her some breaks. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

I agree the amount of money spent really isn't any of our business. But I'm hardly the first person to criticize royalty for excess, and I doubt I'll be the last. It's a time-honored tradition, honestly.

I'd also like to think that my criticism, at least, isn't because of her race or status as an older married woman. I'd rag on Kate, too, if she did this sort of thing. 

I think she's done a fantastic job in Morocco, from what I've seen. She looked amazing in the red outfit and in the tan kaftan number. And I do wish her a safe birth and a healthy baby.

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Kate has done this sort of thing, but she does not get this amount of crap for it, if she gets any at all. 

I'm sure she has, and she sucks for that, too. :confusion-shrug:

I'm not some Meghan-hating person. I haven't even posted on this thread before now. I 100% acknowledge that Meghan has been torn apart by the press in a way that Kate has not--and that this is due to racism. But I still think a  baby shower that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars is excessive. Asking for gifts when your in-laws have $88 billion is excessive. I stand by that.

I think I'm going to tap out of this thread, because I feel like some insinuations are being made about my character. Thank you for the chat, ladies.

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 7

According to the gossip magazines Meghan told her baby shower guests that the baby is a boy.

Total bollocks IMO but I guess they have a 50% chance of being right. 

Name guesses? I think the poor parents will be savaged by the media no matter what name they choose :( 

• Upvote 4

It's about time they put something like that in place. I'm sure something horrible sparked it, but I'm glad they're finally putting an end to it. I also think it's because Meghan is going to get an Instagram/website soon. 

As for name guesses... I do think if it's a girl (which I think it is), I think they'll honor Diana somehow. Not sure if they'll use Diana, since it is Charlotte's middle name, so I'm going to guess Victoria Elizabeth Frances for a girl, and Fredrick Philip Charles for a boy. 

• Upvote 4

I was going to put Freddie as a guess for a boy too. Perhaps August?

I think Isabelle or Olivia for a girl. Maybe if they go traditional - Alexandra or Alice. 

I don’t think they’ll choose something from the traditional family tree list. 

Probably either British upper class traditional but not royal traditional or else they will go with Trendy in the upper class circles at the moment.  Not Tiffany or Jaxton or that kind of thing.

• Upvote 1

I think it'll be a traditional name, but probably not one that's been super popular among the Royal Family. 

I think they would use Diana as a middle name, even if it's one of Charlotte's middle names. My grandma and two of her siblings use their mother's name as a middle name for one of their daughters. 

• Upvote 1

I am sure the name will be traditional, royal or British upper class sounding. Most likely something from the family tree somewhere. If the baby is a girl Diana will be a middle name but I think it’s going to a boy. Probably named Fredrick or Edward or Albert or something like that. If it’s a girl, I am hoping for Alice. 

• Upvote 1

Alice would be lovely. I had originally guessed Victoria, but I'm wondering if Kate and William want to keep that for their fourth child, in case it's a girl. Charlotte and Victoria are lovely sib-set names. 

Alice Elizabeth Frances would be a beautiful name. 

• Upvote 3

My gut feeling is that the baby is a girl; Cecily Doria Frances or Matilda Frances Doria are my top picks for girl's names.

If it's a boy, Philip Alvin Henry would be my top pick (Philip in honor of Philip, Alvin in honor of Meghan's grandfather).

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2019 at 2:45 PM, anjulibai said:

I think it'll be a traditional name, but probably not one that's been super popular among the Royal Family. 

I think they would use Diana as a middle name, even if it's one of Charlotte's middle names. My grandma and two of her siblings use their mother's name as a middle name for one of their daughters. 

If a person is loved or important to many people in their family, quite often there will be many cousins with the same name.  We did that for our daughter's middle name, and there are several of her cousins with the same middle name.  I would think that it would be even more in Royal families.  And I also see Harry wanting to use Diana as a first name, especially given his name when his mother died.

• Upvote 2

I meant to say, given his AGE when his mother died.  I guess my fingers were typing faster than my brain was working.

• Upvote 3

The Cambridge’s could not name Charlotte after her grandmother because of the royal naming restrictions but her cousins will be so far from the throne eventually that  H&M naming a daughter Diana should not be an issue. 

She might wince inwardly but I don’t think she is that petty. She knows how much they loved their mother.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I don't think it's a matter of knowing how much they love their mother, that's pretty much a given. I just think it's relatively fresh yet, and I feel like the media attention would be ridiculous. Not to mention, that is a LOT of pressure to put on a little girl. I could see the Queen wanting to spare the family that. I think if Diana is used, it will be used as a middle name. 

I could see it being used as a first name for perhaps a daughter of George, Charlotte, Louis, or Baby Sussex, rather than them directly. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, viii said:

I don't think it's a matter of knowing how much they love their mother, that's pretty much a given. I just think it's relatively fresh yet, and I feel like the media attention would be ridiculous. Not to mention, that is a LOT of pressure to put on a little girl. I could see the Queen wanting to spare the family that. I think if Diana is used, it will be used as a middle name. 

I could see it being used as a first name for perhaps a daughter of George, Charlotte, Louis, or Baby Sussex, rather than them directly. 

I completely agree. It would be a nice tribute to Diana, but it would be very hard for that daughter to grow up in that shadow though. 

• Upvote 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Harry and Meghan releases details for their birth plans:

https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-prince-harry-royal-baby-birth-plan-details/

Highlights -

1. An announcement will be made when Meghan is in labor.

2. The birth could be announced via their Instagram sometime after that.

3. Meghan will NOT be posing for public photos immediately after the birth. Instead they plan to release a photo of the new family at Windsor Castle a few days later. 

4. Other details about the birth - including the location - are purposely being kept private for now. 

I’m actually kind of relieved that they’re trying to keep things private and that Meghan won’t be posing for photos immediately like Catherine did. I don’t know how much choice Catherine really had considering she’s married to the second in line, but it just looks so stressful to have to get all primped and pose for all those photographers so soon after a birth. 

ETA: I should add that there is a chance that Catherine actually did enjoy posing for the photos and that’s ok. I’d just feel badly if it’s something she felt obligated to do when she really just wanted to curl up in sweatpants and eat Oreos on the couch or something. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 2

I'm glad they're keeping a lot of it private. It's a huge thing for a woman, especially for her first child, and I'm glad they'll get a little time to bond as a new family before introducing the baby to the entire world. 

I really like how Kate looked when they presented George - she looked so fresh faced. With Charlotte she was a lot more heavy handed with makeup and hair. Louis was a medium between the two. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Because Diana and then Catherine did it many people assume it’s protocol. It’s barely a tradition and pretty good recent one at that. 

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic