IGNORED

Meghan and Harry: Royal Baby

Eugenie was an Empress and Beatrice or variants of its had been used numerous times the past for Queens, empresses and the like. That’s pretty damn Regnal and traditional to me.  Louis was the name of Many Kings. A name just has to have a history of use in Royal houses or Royal people and no bad connotations like John or Stephen to make it acceptable. As the story goes The York’s wanted to name one of the girls  Annabel and were told no because it had no history behind it.  They picked ones that did.  I mean they could Use Eleanor or Matilda or Edmund. Those haven’t been used in centuries and would out of the box while still being Traditional. 

I'm still not a big fan of Louis as a name for a British prince - it has far too many French connotations! I really wanted them to use Arthur, but it appears that Pippa was fond of the name, and I think it's nice that they left it for her to use. 

Didn't Charles or the Queen want Diana to use Arthur or Albert for William/Harry but she refused? 

I could see Baby Sussex having a regal but not regnal name. I think Meghan tends to be very traditional and classic in her style anyway, so even if she hadn't married into the royal family, I could see her children having very classic names like the royal family tends to use. 

Edit: Apparently Grace is gaining popularity, which I like! I think Princess Grace/Lady Grace sounds very nice. Another popular name rising with the bookies is Allegra, which I dislike immensely. 

I'm going to say Fredrick Phillip Charles for a boy. I'm torn on girl, I'm liking the name Grace, but I could still see Alice being a strong contender. I'll go with Grace Frances Mary.

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 4

Grace is very pretty and refined but Grace combined with Sussex does not sound very appealing in my opinion.  Mary has not been used in a long time and would be a good combination.

The reason Beatrice and Eugenie are princesses is that they are grandchildren of the monarch in the male line.

Harry's children will only be great-grandchild of the monarch in the male line. The rules of the House of Windsor don't give royal titles to the great-grandchildren of the monarch, expect for the son of the son of the Prince of Wales. 

Queen Elizabeth had to issue letters patent in order for Charlotte and Louis to be princess and prince. Otherwise, they'd be Lady Charlotte and Lord Louis. 

That said, when Charles comes to the throne, then Harry's children will become the grandchildren of the monarch in the male line. That would entitle them to be called princess or prince, assuming further letters patent aren't issued like what was done for Edward's children. 

My guess is that it will depend on what Harry and Meghan want for their children. If they want them to just be lords and ladies, then that's what they'll be. If they are okay with them being princesses and princes, then they will be, at least eventually. 

• Upvote 4

I'm late to the name discussion but if it is a girl I wonder if they'll use Doria as a middle name. I've seen lots of speculation online about Diana (understandably), but Doria seems to be a huge support to Meghan and it seems likely to me that it would have been a top contender for middle name even if she'd had children with someone other than Harry.

I can't think of a D name that would be suitable off the top of my head, but using a first name that starts with D to honour both grandmothers is a theme I've seen used by others as well.

Regardless of sex I admit I am very interested to hear the little person's name. I hope that Meghan's birth is complication free and that Mama and baby are happy and healthy.

• Upvote 6

I feel like Harry's children will be prince/princess right off the bat. If they're going to be that eventually, then I feel like they might as well start off that way. I know that Harry hasn't been a big fan of being royalty in years past, but he seems to have adjusted enough to it, and I feel like he's carving out his own niche for what he wants his future to look like with a family. 

Of course, he might surprise me and not want any titles for his children, but I don't personally see that happening. I'm not going to go full royal-dish and say that Meghan is a gold digger, but I do think she is very calculated with her persona and public image and I do think she will want her children to be styled as prince/princess. 

I feel like Doriana would be a way to honor both Doria and Diana, but it feels very Twilightish to me, LOL. I do hope they don't go with Diana and go with Frances or something, there are ways to honor her besides her immediate given name. 

I can't see Meghan having anything less than "prince" or "princess" for their child. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

@HarleyQuinn It’s really not up to Meghan or Harry. The Queens,  Charles  their PR team and Advisors will work with and give Sussex’s  leeway but ultimately decide what’s works best for, benefits the Royal family as a whole and Harry and Meghan must abide the decisions. 

@viii  He or She will become a Princess or Prince automatically when Charles becomes King so no hurry.  But the fact there will no  commemorative items for Baby Sussex issued by the Royal trust is telling.  None of the Queens untitled grandchildren got them but Bea and Eugenie as Princesses did. 

• Upvote 1

Rumors that Meghan has already given birth are gaining speed. William and Kate visited Harry and Meghan on Easter Sunday, and then Queen came and visited them as well. Meghan and Harry said they would introduce their child to the public after celebrating as a family first with a photo shoot - Meghan's make up artist that did her wedding and attended her baby shower was seen in Windsor. Charles, Camilla, and Harry are all set to take off next week with various traveling duties... I mean, it does seem quite plausible. 

• Upvote 6

iirc didn't the roayl court announce that they would announce when Duchess Meghan is in the labour ? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, tsukinokawa said:

iirc didn't the roayl court announce that they would announce when Duchess Meghan is in the labour ? 

That was in the original statement, but who knows - maybe it all happened very quickly, or maybe there were more complications than they figured, or maybe they changed their minds. 

There's a good chance she hasn't even given birth yet.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, tsukinokawa said:

I believe the Palace did state that while they intend to keep the birth plan private there would be an announcement made when Meghan was in labor. I’m not positive about whether they actually did state that or not though. If they did state that then I think it’s unlikely that they wouldn’t follow through. So it’s possible the baby is here, but I find it unlikely.

I know people are jumping to conclusions, partly because her mom and makeup artist have arrived in the U.K. I think it’s likely that the people they’ll want or need with them in the first few days (for whatever reason) are probably just making sure they’re in the area when the time comes.  

Edited by VelociRapture
  • I Agree 1

The only thing that really throws me off are Harry's plans to leave the country next week. That's cutting it very close, you'd think he'd want a bit more time with his baby if she hasn't given birth yet...

• I Agree 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

The only thing that really throws me off are Harry's plans to leave the country next week. That's cutting it very close, you'd think he'd want a bit more time with his baby if she hasn't given birth yet...

I would guess it’s likely she’s past her expected due date at this point. It’s really kind of impossible to know whether a mom will go early or late when it’s her first child, so planning his calendar for this period of time was always going to be very hit or miss. They might have thought the baby would be here already when the trip was being scheduled* and I’d guess that if she doesn’t go into labor very soon then Harry or whoever might opt to cancel the visit so he can remain close by. 

*I’m also pretty sure part of the trip has to do with the Invictus Games and that it’s a fixed date for some reason. So he might have originally been more willing to travel shortly after the birth simply because thats an event that’s extremely dear to him. Now that it’s almost here and the baby doesn’t seem to have arrived yet they may reassess and decide it’s not the best choice after all.

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 5

Those are good points. I'm trying to remember if William take paternity leave when any of his kids were born. I would suspect that besides a few choice engagements, Harry will probably take a small window of time off to spend with his family. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

Those are good points. I'm trying to remember if William take paternity leave when any of his kids were born. I would suspect that besides a few choice engagements, Harry will probably take a small window of time off to spend with his family. 

This article states he took 2-3 weeks off after George and Charlotte were born, but only 3 days after Louis:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/amp27286462/prince-harry-paternity-leave-royal-baby-reports/

I would guess Harry would take a bit of time considering it’s their first baby. Doria is with Meghan though and they likely have help available, so if he does need to do some events shortly after the birth it would probably be doable. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Rufus help me if it was ever announced to the entire world that I was currently in labor.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 3

As for Harry going away. Don't forget that we are in Europe here and that means that the Netherlands are like two hours away from the UK by plane. He could easily hop on a plane in the morning and be back to have dinner at night.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

On 4/30/2019 at 5:30 PM, tabitha2 said:

@HarleyQuinn It’s really not up to Meghan or Harry. The Queens,  Charles  their PR team and Advisors will work with and give Sussex’s  leeway but ultimately decide what’s works best for, benefits the Royal family as a whole and Harry and Meghan must abide the decisions. 

@viii  He or She will become a Princess or Prince automatically when Charles becomes King so no hurry.  But the fact there will no  commemorative items for Baby Sussex issued by the Royal trust is telling.  None of the Queens untitled grandchildren got them but Bea and Eugenie as Princesses did. 

No, they won't automatically be prince/ss when Charles is King. Edward's children are grandchildren of the monarch on the male line and are not. 

• Upvote 3

Because the Queen arranged it it that way on the parents request. They were automatically Prince and Princess when they were born because of Royal Decree passed in 1917 saying all male line Grandchildren of the Monarch are as such. The Queen just allowed a change in this case. 

• Upvote 2

I'll guess Alexander for a boy, and Isabel for a girl.  I think they both sound alright as Titleist sort of names... Lord Alexander Sussex, Lady Isabel Windsor? (Not sure which "surname" they would have).  That being said, The Lady Allegra Sussex or Lady Allegra Windsor does roll off the tongue nicely.

Also on the speculation because of the overseas visit next week, it's also possible she's now past her due date and that they've got a firm "If you haven't gone into labour by Thursday, you'll be induced on Friday" sort of thing. Still a very young child to be leaving for a trip, but that sort of circumstance kind of ensures she won't be in labour while he's away, and she'll have all her support network around her.

All I think of with Allegra is my allergy pills.  Is the same product called Allegra in the UK?  

• I Agree 8

On 4/30/2019 at 4:42 AM, tabitha2 said:

Eugenie was an Empress and Beatrice or variants of its had been used numerous times the past for Queens, empresses and the like. That’s pretty damn Regnal and traditional to me.  Louis was the name of Many Kings. A name just has to have a history of use in Royal houses or Royal people and no bad connotations like John or Stephen to make it acceptable. As the story goes The York’s wanted to name one of the girls  Annabel and were told no because it had no history behind it.  They picked ones that did.  I mean they could Use Eleanor or Matilda or Edmund. Those haven’t been used in centuries and would out of the box while still being Traditional. 

Which set of the Yorks? I know Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (then Elizabeth, Duchess of York) wanted to call her second child Ann Margaret because she felt Ann of York sounded good and it goes well with her sister's name, but the Duke/George VI disapproved of it so that's why she was called Margaret Rose.

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

All I think of with Allegra is my allergy pills.  Is the same product called Allegra in the UK?  

Allegra isn't sold in the UK and in fact, fexofenadine, the active ingredient is only available on prescription.

• Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic