IGNORED

Maxwell 25: Pies, Cakes, Tarts, and Tortes

Coconut Flan

13 minutes ago, Dru said:

I thought she looked pregnant as well but maybe this is just how her body looks so soon after having her 5th baby in such rapid succession.

I also think Mel looks like she could be expecting again in the family photo pic. It looks like she has her hands clasped and resting on the top of a prego belly but it could just be a weird angle.

I agree they both look like they are expecting. 

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Dru said:

I thought she looked pregnant as well but maybe this is just how her body looks so soon after having her 5th baby in such rapid succession.

I also think Mel looks like she could be expecting again in the family photo pic. It looks like she has her hands clasped and resting on the top of a prego belly but it could just be a weird angle.

oh yes on closer inspection they are both holding their bellies. Yikes they are both pregnant. At 43 this will almost certainly be Melanie's last baby. I really hope she has a healthy and safe delivery. 

I feel like these "random life" posts are so lazy, it's just a bunch of pictures of people doing mundane things with two word captions, just to meet the regulrarly scheduled monday  blog post, why even bother?

I forgot to mention before, but I think Calia looks so adorable in her birthday pic with the cupcakes.

Melanie and Elissa both dress their girls in cute normal looking clothes and I can only assume that Chelsy will with any future daughters as well. I wonder at what point Chris and Anna's girls are going to notice the difference between their outfits and their cousins' and be WTF mom.

Oh good! Another family photo where we get to look at it at guess what the color scheme was supposed to be. I always think I have it down but then get about two thirds through my scanning and think "No. No, that can't be it." 

I love picture puzzles so I'm blessed by the Maxwells' yearly family photo. 

@petrushka, now I'm imagining Miss Piggy's ears on Teri's head!

I just checked and TCM as part of their salute to funny ladies is airing "Gilda Live" at 4:15 AM on Thursday, October 27.  I wish I had a DVR because it will be great.

(That's not the only reason I wish I had a DVR.  TCM is airing a 100th birthday salute to Baby Peggy at midnight on the 28th.  I'll have to watch it on Watch TCM.)

11 hours ago, kpmom said:

Hmmm.  They visited a science museum in downtown Kansas called Science City.

I googled it and I'm not sure it would be fundie approved.  In the Dino Dig area they talk about discovering creatures that lived in Kansas millions of years ago.

They also have an "Engineeirum" hands-on area where children (not just boys, apparently) are encouraged to consider STEM careers.

Actually it looks like a nice science museum.  I'd like to see our local science museum add some of these things.

It's worth noting that the kids who got to go were Nathan and Melanie's kids. I didn't see any of the others in the photos.

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Oh good! Another family photo where we get to look at it at guess what the color scheme was supposed to be. I always think I have it down but then get about two thirds through my scanning and think "No. No, that can't be it." 

I love picture puzzles so I'm blessed by the Maxwells' yearly family photo. 

There seems to be a tan component this year?  IS Denim a color? The ABC might be in jean jackets?  Will the black vests stay on for the picture?  So many questions, we truly are blessed by Rufus on this day.  

ETA and who in the name of Rufus does the foot in the bottom corner belong to? Pick laces? Sinfull. 

33 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

It's worth noting that the kids who got to go were Nathan and Melanie's kids. I didn't see any of the others in the photos.

I think this is a regular activity that Melanie does with her crew because they went back in August and took Teri and Gigi along.

39 minutes ago, Charliemae said:

There seems to be a tan component this year?  IS Denim a color? The ABC might be in jean jackets?  Will the black vests stay on for the picture?  So many questions, we truly are blessed by Rufus on this day.  

ETA and who in the name of Rufus does the foot in the bottom corner belong to? Pick laces? Sinfull. 

Looks like a lot of cranberry, denim and black. Drew and Benji appear to have mustard colored vests, and Chelsy has a tan vest. 

And of course, NR Anna and her daughters have on identical dresses. They are the only ones that have kept up the required dressing exactly alike. 

I’m thoroughly defrauded by Steve and Terri’s purchase of 45 rolls of toilet paper.  I guess they really are full of shit.

15 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Just thinking aloud here. Have been wondering if Non-Reversal Anna is pregnant. She was missing from , I believe, Melanie's coffee b'day gathering because she was sick. And... one of the pictures from today was the ' making burritos for the freezer'! I think these are signs, people.?

That’s a quick turn around, but certainly a possibility. When was baby Lizzie born? Anna seems to have the shortest intervals between children, so far.

If Melanie is pregnant, I hope it’s a boy. Then they can have three ABC girls and ABC boys. I also hope NR Anna has a boy, too. The boys have a glimmer more freedoms than the girls in that family. One less frumper, too. 

I doubt Melanie is pregnant. She's had a bit of a belly for a while now (she's been pregnant 8 times and had 6 full term or near full term babies), so I don't think she looks any different there. She has her arms folded across her chest, not really placed on her belly. She's 43, it's possible, but I think unlikely. I'll eat my hat (shaped cake) if she is, though. 

Hard to say with NR Anna. She does have a bit of a belly, but again, 5 full term pregnancies in 8 years will do that to a woman. Hell, I still have a belly and I've had only 2, over four years apart. 

I'm guessing we'll know by the end of the year. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Hard to say with NR Anna. She does have a bit of a belly, but again, 5 full term pregnancies in 8 years will do that to a woman. Hell, I still have a belly and I've had only 2, over four years apart. . 

Yeah, I've only had two (two years and nine months apart) and I'm still fighting my baby belly. 

Of course, my youngest is only 294 months so I am trying to be patient. Heh. 

I came slinking over from my fortnightly visit to the Maxhellhole specifically because I thought Anna-Marie looked preggo. She gets a legit glow about her when she's pregnant, plus there's the circumstantial evidence of the Family Burrito Intervention. The belly thing could go either way. No reason she shouldn't or couldn't have a tummy, but her preferred frumper uniform tends to hide any suggestion of curves. Consequently, seeing any hint of a belly twice in a single post indicates that it's potentially something more. Ruthanne and Lydia are just over 13 months apart, so this wouldn't be the first time. I'm calling this a March-April baby girl, with "Grace" as a first name (or a portmanteau of something with Grace) since they enjoy name recycling on the ladies.

So, my vote is on A-M for a hellaciously close 6th pregnancy on the heels of her last, but I don't think Melanie is currently pregnant. She looks a bit tired (who wouldn't, living with these chucklefucks?), but otherwise I don't see any other signs of potential pregnancy there. I doubt she will have another. 

4 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Are they now calling Lydia '  Lidsy'??? 

I hope not! It sounds like one of those prep school nicknames.

Random thoughts on the current blog post...

Sarah says the last weeks have been exciting, but based on the post it's been all the same: babysitting, eating with immediate and not-so-immediate family, random unexplained friends, walking, more babysitting, balloon animals and face painting, kids opening someone else's birthday gifts, mentioning abortion, some more babysitting...

Reversal Anna and Mary are really getting good at what they do with balloons and face paint. If they were allowed, they could make some real money out of those skills. That balloon bug or whatever is seriously adorable!

What is with these people and the obsession with Colorado?!?!? Colorado is clearly an idol to them.

Those blue old plump sofas and armchairs look so comfy. I'd love to lay on that sofa on a lazy afternoon reading some FJ and enjoying a hot tea. Take that, Steve!

Let's hope Gigi left for a fun filled cruise with Aunt Tami and her family.

What do I see?? That great grass field clearly has some markings indicating it is a sports field. The Hot Aunties are trying to corrupt the souls of those little kids.

What exciting times they had! Teri unloaded toilet paper while Jesse carried tins of tomato sauce.

The only exciting thing was that family photo shoot and the snark and numerous speculations it gives us. I'm honestly looking forward to that post.

Lil' Calia looks so energetic and spunky. Free Calia!

So a child is not a choice even if you have regular unprotected sweet fellowship trying to get pregnant asap?? Yeah, right.

Ruthie is an incredibly beautiful child.

That picture of Teri grinning next to a huge mountain on toilet paper, wet wipes and kitchen roll... is she taking being joyful 24/7 a little too seriously or is the prospect of diarrhoea and vomiting after a salmonella casserole really that exciting to her. 

Why are Steven and Terri buying so many baby wipes? I don't even buy more than a box or two for my actual child in diapers. Sure they have grand kids over a lot but still they cannot go through 10 times more than I go through actually living with a child. Are they the type to use baby wipes on themselves after each "number 2" or what? Yeah, I don't want to know the actual answer to that last question. Think of a Maxwell post about the proper use of literal ass wipes...

That is a lot of baby wipes, but I've found baby wipes come in handy for many things.

I recently used one on my car's foggy, dirty back-up camera after trying paper towels and windex, rubbing alcohol, and plain water, and the baby wipe worked so well I won't use anything else in the future.

There ya go, today's homemaking hint from kpmom! ?

8 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Yeah, I've only had two (two years and nine months apart) and I'm still fighting my baby belly. 

Of course, my youngest is only 294 months so I am trying to be patient. Heh. 

You beat me to it.  I had four large babies in six years, so still fighting baby belly here as well.

Oh, is it relevant that the youngest just turned 18?  :pb_lol:

That is a lot of baby wipes, but I've found baby wipes come in handy for many things.
I recently used one on my car's foggy, dirty back-up camera after trying paper towels and windex, rubbing alcohol, and plain water, and the baby wipe worked so well I won't use anything else in the future.

I use sensitive skin baby wipes to clean our sex toys. Maybe that's why they bought so many? (I'll go sit in the corner now.)

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived