IGNORED

Maxwell 25: Pies, Cakes, Tarts, and Tortes

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

You beat me to it.  I had four large babies in six years, so still fighting baby belly here as well.

Oh, is it relevant that the youngest just turned 18?  :pb_lol:

Excuse me, but I think you mean 216 months. Your youngest is 216 MONTHS. See, if we talk "months" instead of "years" people might actualky think we are still in the baby phase and give us a break. ?

Also, I think that is the current (very annoying) trend with young moms: 

"And how old is your child, ma'am?"

"She is 46 months."

"SOOOOOO-uh....almost four????"

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could the burrito-making marathon be for John &  Chelsy?  Or do you only get a buffer stock of frozen food if you've had multiple babies already.

Would they actually be making burritos in Oct. in preparation a baby due next Spring? 

They have no jobs, limit outside activities, have lots of able hands, time constraints cannot exist, can they?

I'd think if the food prep is in anticipation of a baby, that baby must be due in Dec or January.

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I'd think if the food prep is in anticipation of a baby, that baby must be due in Dec or January.

According to the announcement picture on Chelsy's blog, she is due in January.

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Excuse me, but I think you mean 216 months. Your youngest is 216 MONTHS. See, if we talk "months" instead of "years" people might actualky think we are still in the baby phase and give us a break. ?

"She is 46 months."

I stopped that when my kids hit 2. I think it’s pretty acceptable until then. After two I would just say 2, 2.5, or almost 3. And the same for 4 and 5. 

And the more I think about this, it just pisses me off. Can the Maxwell sons and their wives not take care of their own families, needs, home and childcare without the Maxwell unmarried daughters? SAM are literally sister wives. What a crock of shit their life goals and principles represent. How hard is it to make and freeze burritos? How hard is it to make and freeze taco/burrito/spaghetti filling? Skip filling and flash freezing the entire burrito. 

I hope A and M enjoy childcare, chaperoning, cooking, cleaning, yard work, handyman jobs outside of Chez Steve Maxwell (AKA getting away from Steve and Terri)! Maybe Melanie puts on rock music in her home? Or serves Pepsi?

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Could the burrito-making marathon be for John &  Chelsy?  Or do you only get a buffer stock of frozen food if you've had multiple babies already.

My appetite was so poor after having both my children. I cannot imagine eating thawed, meatless, flavorless burritos afterwards. ?

5 minutes ago, molecule said:

According to the announcement picture on Chelsy's blog, she is due in January.

I'd imagine that Chelsey could and would stock her own freezer with her own delicious food vs the standard Maxwell, tasteless crap.

18 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

My appetite was so poor after having both my children. I cannot imagine eating thawed, meatless, flavorless burritos afterwards. ?

I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered Anna Marie's burritos having meat in them, as opposed to Steve's which don't because he can't taste the difference, or something.

29 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And the more I think about this, it just pisses me off. Can the Maxwell sons and their wives not take care of their own families, needs, home and childcare without the Maxwell unmarried daughters? SAM are literally sister wives. What a crock of shit their life goals and principles represent. How hard is it to make and freeze burritos? How hard is it to make and freeze taco/burrito/spaghetti filling? Skip filling and flash freezing the entire burrito. 

I hope A and M enjoy childcare, chaperoning, cooking, cleaning, yard work, handyman jobs outside of Chez Steve Maxwell (AKA getting away from Steve and Terri)! Maybe Melanie puts on rock music in her home? Or serves Pepsi?

I'm pretty sure the unmarried women do want to go do these things because what else do they have to do most days?

I don't know about rock music but I'm pretty sure you won't find soda in Melanie's house. A year or two ago Grace posted on facebook (or twitter?) about how on a visit with the nieces she discovered that they didn't know what soda was.

10 minutes ago, meee said:

I could be wrong, but I thought I remembered Anna Marie's burritos having meat in them, as opposed to Steve's which don't because he can't taste the difference, or something.

You are right, NR Anna's burritos not only have meat in them, they have seasoned meat!  Steve tends to reject anything that isn't repetitive, bland and boring, so it's not surprising that he makes the immediate Maxwell family eat bean mush.

https://blog.titus2.com/2016/01/22/cooking-ahead-with-anna-marie-and-anna/

5 minutes ago, punkiepie said:

NR Anna's burritos not only have meat in them, they have seasoned meat!

Seasoned meat!!  That's gotta be the most exciting thing that's ever happened to a Maxwell.

Wasn't there a comment recently that they said Mary's cooking was so good and they think it was because she used spices?  Yeah, might be some correlation.

28 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Seasoned meat!!  That's gotta be the most exciting thing that's ever happened to a Maxwell.

Wasn't there a comment recently that they said Mary's cooking was so good and they think it was because she used spices?  Yeah, might be some correlation.

Yeah, that was Teri's suspicion about why Anna's meals are so good. What a breakthrough!

22 hours ago, freejugar said:

I feel like these "random life" posts are so lazy, it's just a bunch of pictures of people doing mundane things with two word captions, just to meet the regulrarly scheduled monday  blog post, why even bother?

I really think the Maxwells should get an Instagram. It is definitely a Pandora’s Box full of Eye Traps, but they don’t have to look at the Explore feed. Pictures like that one of NR Anna and Melanie, or the one of Calia, or even the one of them shaming with the signs would make good posts. They could advertise be blog there too (Steve and Sarah, link in the Story to grab more views) The blog should be for elaborating on specific events. Of course, all of this would involved a small might of creativity, so......

I had a weird ass dream last night. 

I don’t remember many of the details. I was in a bar, or some other place that serves drinks, I don’t know if I was serving drinks or what. But for some reason Ruthanne and Lydia were there. I don’t know what a 4 and a 3 year old were doing in a bar, let alone Maxwell grandchildren. A bright pink drink of some kind featured somewhere (not Plexus). 

Perhaps it was because I’d been reading the Random Life post before bed, and I just had the family on my mind. But why Ruthie and Lydia?

My brain is fucking weird sometimes. 

Sometimes I’ve imagined myself as having infiltrated the compound, wearing my most modest outfit, and participating in Bible time whilst secretly thinking what a bunch of bullshit it all was.

Maybe I spend too much time on FJ.

6 hours ago, usmcmom said:

"She is 46 months."

I like to say that I’m in my 163rd trimester.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:08 PM, SoConfused said:

Why is there a picture of Jesse unloading the car? I can’t imagine taking that photo, let alone posting it. 

Cause...it's the ...Maxwells?? They love boring stuff

Here's hoping Gigi has a hook-up and wine is involved on a cruise!

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

On another note...

I wonder what Teri would make of this woman??

https://www.theguardian.com/food/shortcuts/2018/oct/16/monophagous-woman-drinks-nothing-but-pepsi

Idol Worshiper!!!

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I stopped that when my kids hit 2. I think it’s pretty acceptable until then. After two I would just say 2, 2.5, or almost 3. And the same for 4 and 5. 

I would go even further and say: each month up to about 22 months, then you say "almost 2" until they're 2, then you say "just turned 2" and then "2 and a bit" until you can say 2 and a half.  (I don't know why, I just find it obnoxious to say something like 25 months or 27 months...unless someone really needs to know exactly how many months they are).  Yes, I like to control things.

38 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I would go even further and say: each month up to about 22 months, then you say "almost 2" until they're 2, then you say "just turned 2" and then "2 and a bit" until you can say 2 and a half.  (I don't know why, I just find it obnoxious to say something like 25 months or 27 months...unless someone really needs to know exactly how many months they are).  Yes, I like to control things.

My husband hates telling other parents the ages of our kids. Probably because you can’t ever just say 1,2,3,4, or 5. Even now I usually have to specify my son is one of the older kids in his kindergarten class. Probably because he’s tall. Other parents always want age specifics. I think it annoys my husband.

8 hours ago, Dru said:

I'm pretty sure the unmarried women do want to go do these things because what else do they have to do most days?

I don't know about rock music but I'm pretty sure you won't find soda in Melanie's house. A year or two ago Grace posted on facebook (or twitter?) about how on a visit with the nieces she discovered that they didn't know what soda was.

That’s odd since there’s been several pics of cans and bottles of pop at family cookouts and on Colorado trips. 

On 10/15/2018 at 2:02 PM, usmcmom said:

Oh good! Another family photo where we get to look at it at guess what the color scheme was supposed to be. I always think I have it down but then get about two thirds through my scanning and think "No. No, that can't be it." 

I love picture puzzles so I'm blessed by the Maxwells' yearly family photo. 

I think not following the color scheme but pretending you tried is how the DILs passive-aggressively rebel.

4 hours ago, Odd1Out said:

That’s odd since there’s been several pics of cans and bottles of pop at family cookouts and on Colorado trips. 

Maybe so but apparent y Mel and Nate don't let the kids drink soda. As a soda drinker, I won't even pretend to think kids should drink my dark mistress.

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My husband hates telling other parents the ages of our kids. Probably because you can’t ever just say 1,2,3,4, or 5. Even now I usually have to specify my son is one of the older kids in his kindergarten class. Probably because he’s tall. Other parents always want age specifics. I think it annoys my husband.

I hate that too but after 18 months I let people do their own math. If 2 is not precise enough for you I tell you my son's birthday month and they can do the math themselves. "Oh he is 27 months!" "Yeah something like that, he is 2". After 3 people do tend to accept that you specify down to half a year: "He is 3½" "He is soon to be 4". Now that my daughter is 6 people don't seem to ask for the half year thing even so perhaps the madness is over.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived